GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's important to note that even proving that Wendi had foreknowledge of the plot isn't enough for a criminal conviction. The state would have to prove she actively aided in executing the plot. I suspect Charlie and mom will fall on their swords to shield Wendi if push comes to shove.

It's important to note that even proving that Wendi had foreknowledge of the plot isn't enough for a criminal conviction. The state would have to prove she actively aided in executing the plot. I suspect Charlie and mom will fall on their swords to shield Wendi if push comes to shove.
Right… hmmm… we’ll have to see how Charlie handles this. It’s going to be interesting for sure.

Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.
According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day. "While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.
By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.
Clues sought in slaying of FSU law professor Dan Markel - CNN

Probable Cause documents

Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10
None of the two main documents referenced will load with out a lot of messing around. Why not simply UPLOAD file ? google drive I don't really want to know about (that is where the Prob cause documents allegedly are).

In a dental FB group, one dentist said he went to dental school with CA, and he was always a bit strange. People that have not heard about this before are really shocked, but some, who have known about this, are like us, glad that the long wait is over

Because of the joint custody of the boys, Wendy communicated Dan's schedule thru, I assume Charlie, who in turn, mostly likely passed this on to Katie, and then to SG. In testimony, we see Rivera knows that they have to make the hit that day as Dan is scheduled to leave town later on what will be his last day on earth (Correction: I see in Wendy testimony it was the next day. Also I now see that KidonGadol has just said all this more elegantly in a later post; kudos to him). She is a coconspirator.

Last edited:
Because of the joint custody of the boys, Wendy communicated Dan's schedule thru, I assume Charlie, who in turn, mostly likely passed this on to Katie, and then to SG. In testimony, we see Rivera knows that they have to make the hit that day as Dan is scheduled to leave town later on what will be his last day on earth (Correction: I see in Wendy testimony it was the next day. Also I now see that KidonGadol has just said all this more elegantly in a later post; kudos to him). She is a coconspirator.
Not only that, but she was in close proximity to the murder scene. You know, checking it out so she could let CA know that the deed had been done. And then of course, there's the nonsense of the TV. She also called DM that morning to discuss "plans" when, imo, she was actually calling DM to make sure her boys weren't in the car for the murder later.

Also, another factor they should look at re DA is.....DA was soon to be called in the DM vs WA divorce case about her apparent verbal attacks against DM with DM's sons.

Aren't these boys old enough yet to see the truth?

The kids need to meet with the good side of their family, send them to Toronto for the summer! imo.
April 23 2022
Connecting the dots: How a 6-year-old FBI recording unlocked the Markel murder case | WFSU News
''The FSU professor's death has sparked several documentaries, crime series, and at least one podcast. It also promoted Florida lawmakers to make changes to laws governing grandparent rights. Markel’s parents have not seen their two grandchildren since shortly after he was killed.

In Florida, grandparents don’t have very many. However, a years-long effort to allow grandparents visitation in certain instances was approved this year by the Florida legislature.

“The bill will create a point of access to courts for grandparents in cases where their child was killed, and courts have ruled against the surviving parent in a wrongful death claim. However, this bill remains protective of the rights of Florida parents without changing the many factors courts consider in determining visitation,” said House bill sponsor, Rep. Jackie Toledo.

The bill is unofficially known as the Markel Act. For WFSU News, I’m Brett Rutherford.''

What about aiding and abetting a cover up after the fact if she knew?

Not only that, but she was in close proximity to the murder scene. You know, checking it out so she could let CA know that the deed had been done. And then of course, there's the nonsense of the TV. She also called DM that morning to discuss "plans" when, imo, she was actually calling DM to make sure her boys weren't in the car for the murder later.

Also, another factor they should look at re DA is.....DA was soon to be called in the DM vs WA divorce case about her apparent verbal attacks against DM with DM's sons.

Aren't these boys old enough yet to see the truth?
A couple of months before his death, DM's lawyers had filed a motion, which had yet to be heard, asking that DA's access to his sons be limited to supervised visits. He claimed that after every visit with their grandma, the boys would return repeating all kinds of disparaging things she had said about him, and he was fed up.

rgrene: Thank you for acknowledging my prev comment.
Just to clarify the dates -. The spooking of Wendi by the presence of the Prius was on Thurs 17th. Why would she be spooked ? CJA may have mentioned that Latinos were contracted to do the killing.

The shooting was on the morning of the 18th I recall about 10:50 am.
Dan did not die until early on the morning of the 19th. That's because of the angle of the second bullet. That is highly suggestive of tall man as the killer. There are all sorts of other reasons why S. Garcia has to be the killer.

I have a bit of the trial transcript where prosecutor Norris (not G Cappleman for a change ) is asking about phone calls during the 2019 trial . He establishes that KM did make a call to SG on the day (more precisely, the handsets communicated - he SHOULD have asked which one initiated the call) .

That's it, he does not ask about time , he does not ask where SG's handset was at the time. It is incredible that this point is not elaborated because it should show that SG was near a phone tower in Betton hills. Other tower records show L Rivera's handset was in the same area. All this is critical to backing up Rivera's story about the call.
"
JULIE L. DOHERTY, RMR, OFFICIAL COURT REPORTER

1 1s returning from the area of her work and traveling to her
2 home and she does travel that way. The timing would be
3 awfully tight.

4 Q Are there any records of communications between
5 Katherine Magbanua's handset and Sigfredo Garcia's handset the
6 day before the murder, this day on July 17th, 2014?
A
Q
Yes, there are.
"
Prosecutor Norris then jumps onto the next question.

I agree, and prosecutors have to take these things into account. IMO casting the conspiracy net so wide risks diluting CA's culpability and I could see a jury getting impatient with such weak evidence that they refuse to convict any of the A's.

Prosecutors have to be strategic, IMO they want to present the jury with completely convincing, dramatic evidence, so the jury members will all agree together to convict someone of a very serious crime with enormous consequences. Being in a certain place at a certain time just doesn't reach that standard, IMO

Monday, April 25th:
*Docket Sounding Hearing (@1:30pm ET) - FL – Daniel Eric Markel (41) (shot to death July 18, 2014, Tallahassee) - *Katherine Magbanua (32/now 37) (Garcia's wife) arrested (Oct. 2016) & charged with 1st degree murder & 1 count conspiracy & 1 count solicitation of murder were brought together into one case on Tuesday (3/20/18). Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Murder for Hire hit man. They split a $100K payoff for murder KM has rejected several offers of immunity for her testimony.
First trial started on 9/23/19. Jury: 10 women & 2 men & 1 alternate (woman); was 2 alternates one (man) got sick & excused on 10/3/19. Jury Deliberations on 10/10/19: 4.5 hours. 10/11: 6.5 hours for guilty verdict on Garcia. Mistrial declared for Magbanua. (10-2 for guilty). Total 11 hours. Will remain in jail as a charged co-conspirator, and the State will try her case again.

Re-Trial set to begin on 5/16/22 with jury selection. (should last 3 weeks).
Court info & trial from 9/23/19 thru 2/8/22 reference post #107 here:
GUILTY - MO - Josie Ann Abney, 10, starved to death, Salem, 3 Oct 2020 *arrests*

4/8/22 Update: Judge Wheeler wanted to know if discovery is being received by defense. State says she sent transcript to defense & will be emailing it also per defense‘s request. Defense depos still need to be taken; they have received vast amounts of data – double the time they thought they would have. All discovery should be done by 4/15/22 deadline. All pretrial motions have a deadline of 5/2/22. Next hearing on 4/22/22 for status. Final pretrial hearing on 5/13/22 & jury selection will begin on 5/16/22.
4/21/22: Demand for speedy trial. 4/21/22 Update: Docket sounding hearing on 4/25/22 @ 1:30pm. Hearing on whether the trial goes on as scheduled. Magbanua’s defense filed a motion to dismiss the newly released enhanced audio & transcription of the FBI recording of Magbanua & Charlie Adelson. The video—taken in 2016—shows Adelson & Magbanua in a South Florida Restaurant talking about the investigation. The defense says that the “demonstrative” is inadmissible in court & doesn’t show the full conversation, with some parts of the conversation difficult to hear.'' Not too sure if the 4/22/22 hearing happened.
Accomplices:
*Charles Jay Adelson (45) – First appearance hearing on 4/22/22. Bond hearing coming up no date yet.
*Sigfredo Garcia (34) – 10/10/19: found guilty of 1st degree murder. Guilty of conspiracy. Not guilty of solicitation. Sentenced to LWOP for murder plus 30 years for conspiracy charge. 11/4/19: Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: Mauricio Padilla; Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: Saam Zangeneh.
*Luis Rivera (33) charged with 1st degree murder. Took a plea deal (Oct. 2016) & plead guilty to 2nd degree murder. Will testify against Garcia & Magbanua. Will receive 19-year sentence to run concurrently with his 12 year Federal time, which he is already serving.

POIs: Wendi Adelson (ex-wife of Markel), her bro Charlie, mom Donna Sue Adelson (68) & father Harvey Adelson. Investigators have not charged anyone in the Adelson family in connection with Markel’s death, but say Adelson’s mother and brother – Donna and Charlie Adelson – paid $100,000 to have Markel killed following the couple’s contentious divorce so their two young sons could move to South Florida.
See post #107 here for the arrest of Charles Adelson.
GUILTY - MO - Josie Ann Abney, 10, starved to death, Salem, 3 Oct 2020 *arrests*

It would appear that long before the murder, the sister with the odd name (presumably chosen in honor of the evil bloodthirsty shapeshifting demon Wendigo?) was talking about her brother actively looking for a paid killer, and when she was confronted with the revelation during an interview after the murder, she quickly claimed that it was a "joke"... and when the questions continued, she moved to stating that if anyone could have committed the murder, it could have been her brother, but she had no idea about anything, nosiree, not liloldme!

If I had to bet, I'd bet that Wendigo would gladly implicate her brother, her mother, her father, her children, but never herself. She knew nothing, she was the real victim in all that mess!

And I'd bet that the only thing she would get in the end would be zero consequences and substantial profit. Maybe she'll become a strong, brave, proud "influencer". (But, sadly, no Netflix biography series for you, Wendigo - Netflix's stocks are crashing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StuartGotz