GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While many details of this case are staggering, some of the newly revealed ones are so surreal that they might as well have come from a black comedy. I think my favorite part so far is the family planning to dress the contested children in Hitlerjugend uniforms, to annoy their Jewish father... even though the entire family are Jews themselves, too.

April 25 2022
By Paul Caron
TaxProf Blog: More On The Arrest Of Charlie Adelson In Dan Markel's Murder
6a00d8341c4eab53ef027880794be4200d-300wi

''The arrest of Charlie Adelson came as a surprise to many. Observers of the Markel case have been pushing for one or more of the Adelsons to be arrested for years, but State Attorney Jack Campbell and the lead prosecutor on the case, Georgia Cappleman, have resisted such calls, also for years—until now. What changed to prompt Charlie Adelson’s arrest? Might there be new evidence in the case?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
While many details of this case are staggering, some of the newly revealed ones are so surreal that they might as well have come from a black comedy. I think my favorite part so far is the family planning to dress the contested children in Hitlerjugend uniforms, to annoy their Jewish father... even though the entire family are Jews themselves, too.

Right? Just unbelievable.

lots of very interesting new info and analysis in this piece! -

Motives, codewords, wiretaps, and persistence: Backstory of Charlie Adelson’s arrest
April 25, 2022

Motives, codewords, wiretaps, and persistence: Backstory of Charlie Adelson’s arrest

I just came over here to share this. Fascinating--things I either had not heard or missed. Like the mention of the code word "TV" from Donna to Charlie. And that it was Donna who made that appt for the repair person that morning and let Wendi know that it was "scheduled" which bolsters my opinion that Wendi knew all along this was happening.

I wonder when Donna will be arrested.

Oh and also the sentence that says this the arrest was "in part" due to the enhanced audio. I keep having this sneaky feeling that Katie is finally talking. Hence the State's push to try them together.

Update: Docket sounding hearing on 4/25/22 @ 1:30pm. Hearing on whether the trial goes on as scheduled. Magbanua’s defense filed a motion to dismiss the newly released enhanced audio & transcription of the FBI recording of Magbanua & Charlie Adelson. The video—taken in 2016—shows Adelson & Magbanua in a South Florida Restaurant talking about the investigation. The defense says that the “demonstrative” is inadmissible in court & doesn’t show the full conversation, with some parts of the conversation difficult to hear.''

Is this 1:30 PM Docket sounding hearing being live-streamed anywhere?

(Also, just FYI, @Niner , there's a few lines/links of a different case (Josie Ann Abney) that have found their way into your Markel case updates.)

Charlie's pathetic attempts at using "code words" reinforce my belief that he is, to put it charitably, quite limited intellectually. His "airports", "televisions" etc. remind me of the mob capos who knew that they were being recorded, so they spoke about drug smuggling by referencing clothing items. Unfortunately, they did so in such a manner that the investigators could only laugh when they heard them cunningly discuss such subjects as:
  • "Youse gots three tons of them shirts comin' hidden on the next airplane"
  • "What shirts?"
  • "You know... shirts"
  • "Huh?"
  • "White shirts, you know"
  • "Oh, yeah, yeah"

So - next
Is this 1:30 PM Docket sounding hearing being live-streamed anywhere?

(Also, just FYI, @Niner , there's a few lines/links of a different case (Josie Ann Abney) that have found their way into your Markel case updates.)

Thank you BlueSky12 - I corrected my "goof" - sorry!

I have next final pretrial hearing on 5/13/22 - or will there be one before this?

TIA if anyone can answer that! :)

edited to add - I have in my notes that Adelson should be having his bond hearing this week.... ?? anyone know the date yet?

So - next

Thank you BlueSky12 - I corrected my "goof" - sorry!

I have next final pretrial hearing on 5/13/22 - or will there be one before this?

TIA if anyone can answer that! :)

edited to add - I have in my notes that Adelson should be having his bond hearing this week.... ?? anyone know the date yet?
Final pre-trial hearing scheduled 5/13/22 at 2 PM

So here’s what gets me. I’ve watched the police station video on the day of the incident. Correct me if I’m wrong: She gets called in to the police station. They tell her her ex has been shot at his house, or there’s been an incident at his house. She even gets a phone message saying this same thing. As far as she knows, her kids were at this very house last night and woke up there this morning. She hasn’t seen them since yesterday. She doesn’t know what time this incident occurred. They don’t tell her that. Still, she doesn’t immediately ask “are my kids ok.” She never asks this. (Eventually they tell her they are at school and she can send someone to get them, but that’s much later.). So, here’s the thing, if the police told me an incident had occurred at the home where my kids were, that would be the first thing I’d ask. “OMG are my kids ok???” Immediately. Without hesitation, it would be the first thing out of my mouth. Sure, they were supposed to be at school, but, again, THEY DIDNT TELL HER WHEN THE INCIDENT HAPPENED. Am I missing something? Why doesn’t she ask about them, immediately? The video seems to start right at the beginning of the interview, when she arrives at the station and the detective tells her what happened. Could they have told her in the car that her kids were ok but not told her anything else? Did the kids spend the night with her and then he just picked them up to take them to school and she knew for sure that he had dropped them off? If not, it’s strange, to say the least, that she doesn’t immediately think of them.

So here’s what gets me. I’ve watched the police station video on the day of the incident. Correct me if I’m wrong: She gets called in to the police station. They tell her her ex has been shot at his house, or there’s been an incident at his house. She even gets a phone message saying this same thing. As far as she knows, her kids were at this very house last night and woke up there this morning. She hasn’t seen them since yesterday. She doesn’t know what time this incident occurred. They don’t tell her that. Still, she doesn’t immediately ask “are my kids ok.” She never asks this. (Eventually they tell her they are at school and she can send someone to get them, but that’s much later.). So, here’s the thing, if the police told me an incident had occurred at the home where my kids were, that would be the first thing I’d ask. “OMG are my kids ok???” Immediately. Without hesitation, it would be the first thing out of my mouth. Sure, they were supposed to be at school, but, again, THEY DIDNT TELL HER WHEN THE INCIDENT HAPPENED. Am I missing something? Why doesn’t she ask about them, immediately? The video seems to start right at the beginning of the interview, when she arrives at the station and the detective tells her what happened. Could they have told her in the car that her kids were ok but not told her anything else? Did the kids spend the night with her and then he just picked them up to take them to school and she knew for sure that he had dropped them off? If not, it’s strange, to say the least, that she doesn’t immediately think of them.
The boys apparently spent the previous night with DM and he dropped them at the daycare centre (NOT at school) and then went to Premier Fitness and was tailed home by the Prius and shot twice. THere is strong suspicion that all of Dan's regular habits were known to the killers and they had only been in town one day. You work it out.

It's not new this is from a recovered email or electronic document from Donna . She's an evil idiot suggesting this. This was put up on the Mentour Lawyer site with videos of the document perhaps two years back. Just after this document was sent Donna suddenly sent no more revealing documents that LE have been able to find.

lots of very interesting new info and analysis in this piece! -

April 25, 2022

There is at least one mjr error in this document. It says that Rivera and SG were arrested a little after the Dolce Vita meeting. Not true.

SG was called in , questioned, freed and then arrested a week later (about mid 2016) . Rivera was already in custody on racketeering charges. I've never found out exactly when he was arrested for those but it was likely late 2014 or first half of 2015. Investigators had him cold, because of testimony from S. Nobles and the signed rental agreement, The bus camera footage, the toll road data and toll road photo and the ATM photo showing him and SG on the return trip. I'd guess they told him that they knew he was "only "the driver but if they could not catch the shooter, they'd help the SA get him the death penalty. Hence the proffer and later sentence separate from the main trial.

Clarification- Rivera may in fact have been formally arrested in prison post Dolce Vita on the Dan Markel charges. It is far more likely that he was subjected to a brutally frank interview and left to think about it. Rivera was in an Az federal prison so it would have been quite hard for him to warn Garcia, if he even wanted to . All mail and telephone calls are of course recorded / censored.

The ATM photo clearly shows his face and the type/style/colour of car he was driving (and the date).

Last edited:
The boys apparently spent the previous night with DM and he dropped them at the daycare centre (NOT at school) and then went to Premier Fitness and was tailed home by the Prius and shot twice. THere is strong suspicion that all of Dan's regular habits were known to the killers and they had only been in town one day. You work it out.
Just watched later footage of the interview. She tells her friend that he had left a message for her earlier that morning telling her he was going to the gym after dropping the kids off. So, I guess she knew they were at wherever they were (the police say day care, but other sources say the place was called Creative Preschool, so maybe it was more of a school and not just a day care, I don’t know, I don’t live there). It’s still weird.

Just watched later footage of the interview. She tells her friend that he had left a message for her earlier that morning telling her he was going to the gym after dropping the kids off. So, I guess she knew they were at wherever they were (the police say day care, but other sources say the place was called Creative Preschool, so maybe it was more of a school and not just a day care, I don’t know, I don’t live there). It’s still weird.
Unfortunately SG and Luiz R's phones were both turned off that morning (unlike on the 17th) so there is no chance that WJA could have got a message to them via CJA about the fact the kids were safe and it was ok to proceed).

The really interesting thing about Wendi, given she is not under arrest is she never tries to persuade Det Isom or anyone else to take her to the hospital to see Dan while he is on life support. For all she knows , he might have been shot somewhere in the abdomen and might be partly conscious. There's no way she's going to take the risk he might point the finger in a dying breath. She's never going to be accosted about this on the stand because Cappelman won't risk giving her more chances to lie under an immunity deal.

Unfortunately SG and Luiz R's phones were both turned off that morning (unlike on the 17th) so there is no chance that WJA could have got a message to them via CJA about the fact the kids were safe and it was ok to proceed).

The really interesting thing about Wendi, given she is not under arrest is she never tries to persuade Det Isom or anyone else to take her to the hospital to see Dan while he is on life support. For all she knows , he might have been shot somewhere in the abdomen and might be partly conscious. There's no way she's going to take the risk he might point the finger in a dying breath. She's never going to be accosted about this on the stand because Cappelman won't risk giving her more chances to lie under an immunity deal.
She does later on discuss this in the interview, after the victim advocate enters. She talks to the detective, asks him the prognosis, is he awake, etc. She says she thought maybe she should take the boys to see him if he is awake. But this is much later. She really stays there a long time and talks. A lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thetemptationisreal