GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here’s what gets me. I’ve watched the police station video on the day of the incident. Correct me if I’m wrong: She gets called in to the police station. They tell her her ex has been shot at his house, or there’s been an incident at his house. She even gets a phone message saying this same thing. As far as she knows, her kids were at this very house last night and woke up there this morning. She hasn’t seen them since yesterday. She doesn’t know what time this incident occurred. They don’t tell her that. Still, she doesn’t immediately ask “are my kids ok.” She never asks this. (Eventually they tell her they are at school and she can send someone to get them, but that’s much later.). So, here’s the thing, if the police told me an incident had occurred at the home where my kids were, that would be the first thing I’d ask. “OMG are my kids ok???” Immediately. Without hesitation, it would be the first thing out of my mouth. Sure, they were supposed to be at school, but, again, THEY DIDNT TELL HER WHEN THE INCIDENT HAPPENED. Am I missing something? Why doesn’t she ask about them, immediately? The video seems to start right at the beginning of the interview, when she arrives at the station and the detective tells her what happened. Could they have told her in the car that her kids were ok but not told her anything else? Did the kids spend the night with her and then he just picked them up to take them to school and she knew for sure that he had dropped them off? If not, it’s strange, to say the least, that she doesn’t immediately think of them.
How do you know she didn't ask about her kids? Or check with the daycare herself? IMO, the first thing police would have checked was whether the kids were okay, since otherwise they'd be looking at a kidnapping.

JMO

Last edited:
How do you know she didn't ask about her kids? Or check with the daycare herself? IMO, the first thing police would have checked was whether the kids were okay, since otherwise they'd be looking at a kidnapping.

JMO
I don’t know she didn’t ask. She just never asks at all during the interview, that we can see. And it’s a looooong interview. She doesn’t ask about them right away. She does later say she got a message from him saying he was going to the gym after dropping them off. So perhaps she knew they were safe. I don’t know whether she called the school, but she seems to have been taken right out of the restaurant and driven to the police station, so I don’t know that she would’ve had time or ability to do that. I don’t know that she didn’t ask, I’m not really saying she didn’t. Just that I don’t see her do that. Like you say, the police may have checked on them and told her they were safe and we just don’t hear that part. We don’t see what they talked about in the drive over.

Last edited:
Charlie has arrived at his new jail cell. . .
Inmate search
Inmate search result
DisplayJISLargeImage.aspx

Name: ADELSON, CHARLES
SPN: 269487
Race: WHITE Sex: M
Eye Color: *advertiser censored* Hair: BRO
Height: 6'00" Weight: 200
Age 46

Alias Names
Last Name First Name Middle Name
ADELSON CHARLIE

Current Charges
Clerk Case # Offense Date Charge Literal Statute Bond Amount Booking Date Booking Agency Agency Report # Tentative Release Date
2016CF3036B1 07/18/2014 MURDER - FIRST DEGREE 782.04 1A1 04/25/2022 LEON COUNTY SHERIFF TALLAHASSEE 220057647
2016CF3036B2 07/18/2014 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER 782.04 1A1 04/25/2022 LEON COUNTY SHERIFF TALLAHASSEE 220057647
2016CF3036B3 07/18/2014 SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER 782.04 1A1 04/25/2022 LEON COUNTY SHERIFF TALLAHASSEE 220057647
Charge Count = 3

ADELSON, CHARLES
FIRST APPEARANCE 4/26/2022 8:30 AM WHEELER JIS

https://cvweb.leonclerk.com/public/online_services/search_courts/search_by_name.asp
Party Party Type Cjis Spn DOB Action Code File Date Judge Case Status Case Balance Case Number
ADELSON, CHARLES DEFENDANT 269487 1976 MURDER - FIRST DEGREE 10/04/2016 3063520 Open 0 2016 CF 003036 B001
ADELSON, CHARLES DEFENDANT 269487 1976 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER 10/04/2016 3063520 Open 0 2016 CF 003036 B002
ADELSON, CHARLES DEFENDANT 269487 1976 SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER 10/04/2016 3063520 Open 0 2016 CF 003036 B003

Docket Date CCISSeqNbr Docket Code ECertify Docket Text OR Book OR Page Source
4/20/2022 1 CASH CAPIAS TO SHERIFF 20-APR-22 JIS
4/20/2022 2 CCBC CASE CREATED BY CAPIAS HOMICIDE-WILFUL KILL MURDER PREMEDITATED JIS
4/20/2022 3 DINF DIRECT INFORMATION FILED: JIS
4/20/2022 4 NOBS NO BOND ALLOWED NO BOND ALLOWED JIS
4/20/2022 5 JDAS JUDGE ASSIGNED JIS
4/20/2022 6 CCHG COURT CHARGE LITERAL ENTERED MURDER - FIRST DEGREE JIS
4/20/2022 7 INDT ‹‹-Req $ INDICTMENT FILED JIS
4/21/2022 1 RECEIPT ‹‹-Req $ PAYMENT $3.00 RECEIPT #1633750 BM
4/22/2022 8 JDAC JUDGE ASSIGNED CASE RELATED PERSONS Judge Added: 83 - WHEELER ROBERT JIS
4/22/2022 9 ORAS ‹‹-Req $ ORDER OF ASSIGNMENT ORDER OF ASSIGNMENT JIS
4/25/2022 10 BOIN BOOKING INFORMATION BOOKING INFORMATION ENTERED: OBTS# 3703050711/BOOKING# 3547/REP# 220057647 JIS
4/25/2022 11 CABJ CAPIAS BOOKED AT JAIL BOOKING# 2022-3547 JIS
4/25/2022 12 FAPS FIRST APPEARANCE SET FIRST APPEARANCE SET: 04/26/2022 08:30AM /ROOM# J1 JIS

@Niner

I don’t know she didn’t ask. She just never asks at all during the interview, that we can see. And it’s a looooong interview. She doesn’t ask about them right away. She does later say she got a message from him saying he was going to the gym after dropping them off. So perhaps she knew they were safe. I don’t know whether she called the school, but she seems to have been taken right out of the restaurant and driven to the police station, so I don’t know that she would’ve had time or ability to do that. I don’t know that she didn’t ask, I’m not really saying she didn’t. Just that I don’t see her do that. Like you say, the police may have checked on them and told her they were safe and we just don’t hear that part. We don’t see what they talked about in the drive over.
IMO, the moment police came to speak to her she could have asked whether it had to do with the kids. Most parents of young children are constantly vigilant.

The video I watched during the trial was just a short clip, I'm not up for 5 hours of Wendi.

Tuesday, April 26th:
*First Appearance (@ 8:30am ET) - FL – Daniel Eric Markel (41) (shot to death July 18, 2014, Tallahassee) - *Charles Jay Adelson (45) was indicted (4/20/22) & arrested, booked & charged (4/21/22) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder & solicitation to commit murder. No bond.
4/21/22 Update: Adelson was taken into custody "without incident" Thursday morning at his home by the FBI. State Attorney Jack Campbell said Adelson was indicted Wednesday by a Leon County Grand Jury in connection with Markel's July 2014 execution-style shooting in Tallahassee, which investigators say was a murder-for-hire financed by his in-laws. The state attorney said newly enhanced audio from a secret recording done at a South Florida restaurant led to Adelson’s arrest. He also lauded the extensive work of investigators. The so-called Dulce Vida recording, taken in 2016 by FBI agents at the Miami restaurant of the same name, captures a conversation between Magbanua & Charlie Adelson in which they allegedly discuss undercover agents approaching his mom about Markel’s shooting. Prosecutors say the conversations detail the chain of information flow about the murder conspiracy. First appearance hearing on 4/22/22.
4/22/22 Update: Adelson appeared remotely in a Zoom hearing with Judge Phoebee Francois. Judge Francois found probable cause on the charges Adelson faces of murder & conspiracy. Adelson’s defense attorney, David Oscar Markus, asked about a bond hearing for Adelson. He said he understood Adelson could not get that hearing Friday & it would have to come after Adelson was brought to Tallahassee to face the charges. Markus asked how long it would take before Adelson was transported to Leon County. The judge & court staff told him it could happen within a week. Defense lawyers are David Oscar Markus & Margot Moss. Adelson was transferred to Leon County on 4/25/22. First appearance in Leon County in front of Judge Robert Wheeler on 4/26/22 @ 8:30am.
*Katherine Magbanua (32/now 37) – Final pretrial hearing on 5/13/22 & trial set to begin on 5/16/22.

IMO, the moment police came to speak to her she could have asked whether it had to do with the kids. Most parents of young children are constantly vigilant.

The video I watched during the trial was just a short clip, I'm not up for 5 hours of Wendi.

I'm thinking when she was seen driving by the house while the investigation was in progress, she knew the kids were fine and probably a lot more.

Unfortunately SG and Luiz R's phones were both turned off that morning (unlike on the 17th) so there is no chance that WJA could have got a message to them via CJA about the fact the kids were safe and it was ok to proceed).

The really interesting thing about Wendi, given she is not under arrest is she never tries to persuade Det Isom or anyone else to take her to the hospital to see Dan while he is on life support. For all she knows , he might have been shot somewhere in the abdomen and might be partly conscious. There's no way she's going to take the risk he might point the finger in a dying breath. She's never going to be accosted about this on the stand because Cappelman won't risk giving her more chances to lie under an immunity deal.

I, of course, don't think WA is innocent of anything at all, but I'm not sure I'd ask to go see my ex-husband on life support. We don't have that kind of relationship.

CJA’s court docket from todays hearing:

-no contact with victim anyone listed in the indictment
-no contact with co-defendant
-no bond allowed
-stay away from incident location residence of any kind (not sure if this is to preserve his residence for a warrant to search?)

CJA’s court docket from todays hearing:

-no contact with victim anyone listed in the indictment
-no contact with co-defendant
-no bond allowed
-stay away from incident location residence of any kind (not sure if this is to preserve his residence for a warrant to search?)

IMO - CA's Lawyers and KM's Lawyers are all in cahoots to save CA's and DA's asses! KM's Lawyers are still selling her a bill of goods as instructed by Markus! I'd like to see all of them disbarred! The lines of communication are and have always been wide open between CA and KM through these despicable Lawyers under the guise of Attorney-Client Privilege! I have no problem with a vigorous defense for even the worst criminal but not when it's unethical behavior and a perversion of the justice system and a betrayal of one client for another Lawyer's client! Penthouse One!

Last edited:
I'm thinking when she was seen driving by the house while the investigation was in progress, she knew the kids were fine and probably a lot more.
She wasn't seen driving by the house on the day of the murder. She couldn't as the street had been taped off. But she was near enough to see police activity. Her excuse for being in the vicinity was to pick up a bottle of Bullit from her former neighborhood liquor store. (Even though there was another store located closer to where she lived (separately from DM), and closer to where she was joining friends for lunch.)

Who woulda thought that a defense attorney could keep himself busy just representing dentists accused of murder?

"Three attorneys who represent Rudolph—David Oscar Markus, Margot Moss, and Lauren Doyle—slammed the 'outrageous prosecution' against the dentist in a statement to The Daily Beast, whom they said, 'loved his wife of 34 years and did not kill her.'"

Dentist Accused of Murdering Wife on Africa Hunting Safari for Insurance Cash

She wasn't seen driving by the house on the day of the murder. She couldn't as the street had been taped off. But she was near enough to see police activity. Her excuse for being in the vicinity was to pick up a bottle of Bullit from her former neighborhood liquor store. (Even though there was another store located closer to where she lived (separately from DM), and closer to where she was joining friends for lunch.)

Point is she was there! She did a 3 point turnaround. And was recognized. We all know the details.

Last edited:
April 25 2022
By Paul Caron
TaxProf Blog: More On The Arrest Of Charlie Adelson In Dan Markel's Murder
6a00d8341c4eab53ef027880794be4200d-300wi

''The arrest of Charlie Adelson came as a surprise to many. Observers of the Markel case have been pushing for one or more of the Adelsons to be arrested for years, but State Attorney Jack Campbell and the lead prosecutor on the case, Georgia Cappleman, have resisted such calls, also for years—until now. What changed to prompt Charlie Adelson’s arrest? Might there be new evidence in the case?

<modsnip>
Charlie isn't aging well at all, is he? It's a huge contrast between the smiling, well-groomed dentist of a few years ago and the disheveled, bushy-haired and wild-eyed prison inmate today. Could eight years of constantly having to worry about being arrested have had this kind of an impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx