GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

there is a Memorial Day special now $1 for 3 months, you can sign up at that link or just google
Tallahassee democrat $1 digital subscription
and you will find the offer!

You are most welcome! Wish I had found this forum earlier, enjoyed the thoughtful and occasionally very funny comments!
Thank you again- so much!

Yep. I think also both her and Wendy are psychopaths, they feel no guilt.
Someone that cold and who has total disregard for a human life has to be a psychopath. Has to be! I don’t think KM or Wendi ever felt any guilt about what they did. The way they both smiled and lied on the stand sent chills up my spine.

BTW, it was genius to bring in Mr. Naber to testify about his poor business - the oh so famous Fate nightclub.
I liked his honesty and self-deprecating humor.
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose in the Miami club scene.
He was one of my favorites, seemed like a character right out of a TV show, almost a little Rodney Dangerfield in him.

Georgia Cappleman has apparently applied to a judicial vacancy that exists. If she gets it, I wonder who the prosecutors will be for the other suspects.

That's an older story from 2019. Later that year she announced she was staying where she was. Gadsen County, in my opinion, would be a step down but I figure she'll will be advancing somewhere else when all of this is over, either running for office or going into private business.

I am so happy for the Markel family. Especially Dan's mom. As a mother myself, I cannot imagine how hard this has been on her. I am so happy she and all of Dan's family got a slice of justice today and pray for everyone involved to be found guilty.

Just curious. Does anyone know the status of SG’s appeal? I just read the 45 page appeal online but could not find if the appellate court has answered. How many times can he appeal? Is it done automatically in these types of cases?

Edited: I found the answer from the court. His last appeal was denied.

Last edited:
Kawass was crying but who has been paying her legal fees??? Why didn't Kawass tell KM to take the plea deal, sing, and walk free, years ago??? What kind of lawyer turns down a get out of jail free card? And WHY? I'd like to see the Florida Bar investigate Kawass, DeCoste, and Markus and their handling of this case!
Only a defendant can turn down an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces