GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-post.
1656002338438.png
''Ruth Markel’s tenacious fight for justice on behalf of the murder of her son, Dan Markel, and the struggle to be legally reunited with her grandchildren.

Ruth Markel is the mother of the late Dan Markel, a noted law professor who was murdered in Tallahassee, Florida in 2014.

In The Unveiling, she describes her experiences since the day of Dan’s death from several distinct perspectives:
  • As a devastated mother with the unique human perspective of becoming a homicide survivor and victim.
  • As a woman whose attempts to achieve normalcy and live a healthy life are continually interrupted by painful reminders, a rollercoaster of hearings, frequently changing trial dates, verdicts, and appeals.
  • As an engaged citizen using what she has learned to help other victims of homicide and violent crimes recover from trauma and begin an optimistic outlook on life.
  • As an insider who shows how our collective network of family, friends, and experts—including a murder coach—have helped her family remain involved, motivated, and hopeful.
  • As a grandmother who had not been allowed to see her grandchildren in many years, she used advocacy to inspire the Florida State Legislature to pass a grandparent visitation bill.
  • And as an experienced author of nine books using the written word to effectively address the shift from grief to promise.''

No, I meant the part where a suspect "falls on their sword" to generate leniency for another party, but the prosecutor has evidence the other party committed a first degree murder.

I'll give that some thought. Nothing off the top of my head. But when it comes to Charlie and if he's offered a deal to serve up his mother...well, that's a bit of a Charlie's Choice going on there.

Re-post.
View attachment 350861
''Ruth Markel’s tenacious fight for justice on behalf of the murder of her son, Dan Markel, and the struggle to be legally reunited with her grandchildren.

Ruth Markel is the mother of the late Dan Markel, a noted law professor who was murdered in Tallahassee, Florida in 2014.

In The Unveiling, she describes her experiences since the day of Dan’s death from several distinct perspectives:
  • As a devastated mother with the unique human perspective of becoming a homicide survivor and victim.
  • As a woman whose attempts to achieve normalcy and live a healthy life are continually interrupted by painful reminders, a rollercoaster of hearings, frequently changing trial dates, verdicts, and appeals.
  • As an engaged citizen using what she has learned to help other victims of homicide and violent crimes recover from trauma and begin an optimistic outlook on life.
  • As an insider who shows how our collective network of family, friends, and experts—including a murder coach—have helped her family remain involved, motivated, and hopeful.
  • As a grandmother who had not been allowed to see her grandchildren in many years, she used advocacy to inspire the Florida State Legislature to pass a grandparent visitation bill.
  • And as an experienced author of nine books using the written word to effectively address the shift from grief to promise.''
Pre-ordered this.

I do find it very interesting how drastically the social media postings have diminished for both Tara Kawass and Christopher DeCoste. For quite some time they've used social media to establish narratives that paint themselves as defenders of the oppressed who are wrongfully persecuted by both prosecutors/law enforcement and the media. This strategy has resulted in a lot of buzz that has generated a lot of discussion on various subreddit forums and elsewhere. It was pretty clear this approach was to both garner support and influence public opinion regarding their clients, but also to serve as a marketing tool to generate new clients.<modsnip - rumor>

This rather abrupt hiatus in their online presence makes me wonder whether they are actively trying to cut some sort of deal and don't want to antagonize the prosecutors.
Stating the obvious ... if it was me and my client was found guilty of first degree murder with a mandatory LWOP sentence, I would stop posting about it. Certainly not good PR. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan was not difficult to get along with; he still tried to reconcile after her crazy disappearance from their house with the kids. he was sweet, funny, very social, he did think highly of his intellect, rightfully so, and called you out if you were saying idiotic things, but not difficult to get along with. he cooked meals for his law students at his house, which hardly any law professor does. he organized dinners and get togethers with colleagues and friends, he kept in touch with people more than almost anyone else i knew.

Wendi Adelson does not allege physical abuse in her 800 page divorce papers. Rather, she complained about feeling intellectually insulted because 1) Dan Markel is an academic lawyer on Tenure-Track who gathered approvals and prises from his scholarly publications, 2) Wendi Adelson is an academic lawyer at the Adjunct / Clinial / Lecturer level who does not get much peer reviewed papers published, and 3) Dan Markel does not value fairly her intellectual potential.

Thus, Wendi Adelson uses our common metaphor “The squeaky wheel gets the grease” to her advantage. Since 2012 to this day, Wendi repeats her main mantras “Danny did not treat me well” and “You will never understand my pain” to relatives, girlfriends, colleagues, boyfriends, divorce records, Police recorded interview, on examination and cross examination in 2019 and 2022.

To realize how cartoonish (see picture attached) Wendi Adelson’s nauseating complaints are, notice that Wendi expresses unhappiness not to connect with others who feel similarly displeased with Dan Markel (there are not such others besides her family members) but rather to assassinate his character! And, Wendi Adelson’s efforts went far enough to publish a mediocre book (one that she admittedly regrets writing) and to be named by the State of Florida as one of the not indicted conspirators in the murder of Dan Markel.

At this time, all eyes are on Magbanua’s penalty phase calendar and Charles Adelson’s case management. The day will come the reasons for the State of Florida to name Wendi Adelson as one of multiple conspirators to the murder of Dan Markel will be under the court’s lights with more details. Wait and see!

Attachments

• Authored by others and Wendi & Dan adapted.png
    Authored by others and Wendi & Dan adapted.png
    256.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Wendi Adelson does not allege physical abuse in her 800 page divorce papers. Rather, she complained about feeling intellectually insulted because 1) Dan Markel is an academic lawyer on Tenure-Track who gathered approvals and prises from his scholarly publications, 2) Wendi Adelson is an academic lawyer at the Adjunct / Clinial / Lecturer level who does not get much peer reviewed papers published, and 3) Dan Markel does not value fairly her intellectual potential.

Thus, Wendi Adelson uses our common metaphor “The squeaky wheel gets the grease” to her advantage. Since 2012 to this day, Wendi repeats her main mantras “Danny did not treat me well” and “You will never understand my pain” to relatives, girlfriends, colleagues, boyfriends, divorce records, Police recorded interview, on examination and cross examination in 2019 and 2022.

To realize how cartoonish (see picture attached) Wendi Adelson’s nauseating complaints are, notice that Wendi expresses unhappiness not to connect with others who feel similarly displeased with Dan Markel (there are not such others besides her family members) but rather to assassinate his character! And, Wendi Adelson’s efforts went far enough to publish a mediocre book (one that she admittedly regrets writing) and to be named by the State of Florida as one of the not indicted conspirators in the murder of Dan Markel.

At this time, all eyes are on Magbanua’s penalty phase calendar and Charles Adelson’s case management. The day will come the reasons for the State of Florida to name Wendi Adelson as one of multiple conspirators to the murder of Dan Markel will be under the court’s lights with more details. Wait and see!
Apt cartoon.

Where did Wendi say she immediately regretted writing that book? I mean, it's an embarrassingly bad, poorly-written, self-aggrandizing piece of garbage, but ... she seemed pretty proud of it everywhere I've seen.

I'll give that some thought. Nothing off the top of my head. But when it comes to Charlie and if he's offered a deal to serve up his mother...well, that's a bit of a Charlie's Choice going on there.
Charlie's rationale for throwing mamma over: She would rather I live than die. She has only a decade or two left, while I have lots of life left. She always favored Wendi anyway. She manipulated me into this.

Charlie's rationale for throwing mamma over: She would rather I live than die. She has only a decade or two left, while I have lots of life left. She always favored Wendi anyway. She manipulated me into this.
FYI, the state decided not to charge CA with the death penalty. In Georgia Cappelman’s interview on “Surviving the Survivor”, she said that because the shooter did not get the death penalty, it did not make sense to pursue it for the orchestrator of the murder.

That being said, I do believe that Charlie would entertain flipping on his mother for the reasons you have suggested. But I can’t see the State making any concessions to Charlie in order to indict Donna.

Here’s a link to the interview:

Apt cartoon.

Where did Wendi say she immediately regretted writing that book? I mean, it's an embarrassingly bad, poorly-written, self-aggrandizing piece of garbage, but ... she seemed pretty proud of it everywhere I've seen.

I am sorry but I did not write “immediately”, which means “forthwith, without any delay”. For a good reason, I do not know when Wendi Adelson made the determination that she regretted writing that mediocre book.
I wrote the word “admittedly” because the cognate “admission” means “the act of allowing something for consideration before a court.”
Wendi Adelson made the admission that she regretted writing that mediocre book in court on the stand during the 2022 trial. Please, check the publicly available video recording of her 2022 examination / cross-examination on YouTube for reference.

FYI, the state decided not to charge CA with the death penalty. In Georgia Cappelman’s interview on “Surviving the Survivor”, she said that because the shooter did not get the death penalty, it did not make sense to pursue it for the orchestrator of the murder.

That being said, I do believe that Charlie would entertain flipping on his mother for the reasons you have suggested. But I can’t see the State making any concessions to Charlie in order to indict Donna.

Ah, thanks, that makes sense. Then I don't see room for a deal...does anyone else? What would he trade evidence against mom or Wendi for?

Snip -= In Georgia Cappelman’s interview on “Surviving the Survivor”, she said that because the shooter did not get the death penalty, it did not make sense to pursue it for the orchestrator of the murder.

This makes no sense at all in the FL context . IN the Mark Sievers case , Sievers the orchestrator, got the death penalty for first degree premeditated murder and the two killers ended up with 20 years or so and the non cooperating one ended up with LWOP. The big difference is that in that case they had Curtis Wayne Wright Jr. as a state witness, and Sievers contracted directly with him
CJA has one extra level of separation over Sievers and that make him harder to prosecute.

The reasons SG did not get the death penalty were 1. that it was clear to the jury that at one stage Rivera was the nominated gunman. 2. They were not going to take the chance that a convicted felon could turn on what might be the driver (who is still legally guilty of murder ) and get him executed. 3. There were no other witnesses.

The real reason she's allowed the DPenalty notification period expire is that she does not want to have to face a retrial after a couple of jurors waver.

1. Without KM as a state witness, GC can't prove exactly how the money was picked up.... (what KM is going to do is an ongoing mystery at the moment but GC has to have some sort of game plan).
2.Rivera's story is starting to fray at the seams. Eg. Calls where the timing is wrong, statements made in the proffer that don't line up with trial testimony and so on.
GC has to assume he is going to get even vaguer as time goes on.
3. Neither of Rivera's phones has been dumped out and analysed and submitted in evidence. I am suspicious that Rivera made a call/texted to "a well known girlfriend ", while "on the job" and the state has agreed to suppress that information.
4. GC has to assume that Wendi would refuse to give evidence in a trial against CJA which means her previous testimony has to be read into evidence , regardless of any developments in the case.

Last edited:
I love Bob Dylan’s songs, one of which is titled “The Times They Are A-Changin'”.

For Ruth Markel, be courageous and steady,
“ For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin’.”
The time will come, and it will be the time for the Markel’s turn to win.

For Donna Adelson,
“What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command.”
Sooner or later, your calamitous locust son Charles and your fast aging Enepsigos daughter Wendi will turn against each other despite your nefarious Obyzouth efforts.

And, for Wendi Adelson,
“Your old road is rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.”
You wear the same clothing in the same courtroom and your acting skills bring about the same left watery eye, as in 2019 in 2022. But your wardrobe trick and trained facial expression do not hide how much wrinkles (see picture attached) you have gathered in 2 short years.

As Bob Dylan says “For the times they are a-changin'.”

Attachments

• wendi 2019-2022.Jpeg
    wendi 2019-2022.Jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 57
This makes no sense at all in the FL context . IN the Mark Sievers case , Sievers the orchestrator, got the death penalty for first degree premeditated murder and the two killers ended up with 20 years or so and the non cooperating one ended up with LWOP. The big difference is that in that case they had Curtis Wayne Wright Jr. as a state witness, and Sievers contracted directly with him
CJA has one extra level of separation over Sievers and that make him harder to prosecute.

The reasons SG did not get the death penalty were 1. that it was clear to the jury that at one stage Rivera was the nominated gunman. 2. They were not going to take the chance that a convicted felon could turn on what might be the driver (who is still legally guilty of murder ) and get him executed. 3. There were no other witnesses.

The real reason she's allowed the DPenalty notification period expire is that she does not want to have to face a retrial after a couple of jurors waver.

1. Without KM as a state witness, GC can't prove exactly how the money was picked up.... (what KM is going to do is an ongoing mystery at the moment but GC has to have some sort of game plan).
2.Rivera's story is starting to fray at the seams. Eg. Calls where the timing is wrong, statements made in the proffer that don't line up with trial testimony and so on.
GC has to assume he is going to get even vaguer as time goes on.
3. Neither of Rivera's phones has been dumped out and analysed and submitted in evidence. I am suspicious that Rivera made a call/texted to "a well known girlfriend ", while "on the job" and the state has agreed to suppress that information.
4. GC has to assume that Wendi would refuse to give evidence in a trial against CJA which means her previous testimony has to be read into evidence , regardless of any developments in the case.
I would not be surprised if the main reason that SG didn't get the death penalty was because many jurors may have thought that he was emotionally manipulated by Katie into doing the crime. I believe LR testified about how Katie was everything to SG. Also, the jury knew that LR had cut a very favorable deal with the state -- his punishment was very low in comparison to what SG was facing. JMO.

I watched the interview of the very poised prosecutor, Ms. Georgia Cappleman, who did reveal some interesting things, including that she "noticed" the owl shirt Wendi was wearing on the day her ex-husband was murdered. She did not say she found it symbolic, but it would not be a big leap to say that she made that inference. She also did not seem to be entertaining immediate indictments of Donna Wendi and Harry and said she will "follow the evidence and see where it leads." I took that to mean there was no imminent arrests but that it was not off the table. She could not even begin to approximate when Charlie's trial would begin and said it could be months or years.

When interviewed after the arrest of Charles Adelson, GC said that the SAO would not rest until every single person culpable for the murder was brought to justice.

This was AFTER the arrest of CA.
the interview she gave that i was referencing was only two days ago, after CA had been in custody 57 days.

I am sorry but I did not write “immediately”, which means “forthwith, without any delay”. For a good reason, I do not know when Wendi Adelson made the determination that she regretted writing that mediocre book.
I wrote the word “admittedly” because the cognate “admission” means “the act of allowing something for consideration before a court.”
Wendi Adelson made the admission that she regretted writing that mediocre book in court on the stand during the 2022 trial. Please, check the publicly available video recording of her 2022 examination / cross-examination on YouTube for reference.
Oops, I meant to write admittedly, not immediately. But, having listened multiple times, I still don't hear Wendi say she regrets writing that book. She claimed her book didn't trash Tallahassee, but that's about all I heard. Can you point to a timestamp?

I'm feeling a little mean streak this morning and have to ask something of those in the group who are attracted to females for romantic purposes....do you get the physical appeal of Wendi? The way JL describes her and her sexuality is bewildering to me. I mean, ick. He says something to the investigator like, "have you *seen* this girl?!" like it's obvy she's a 10.

Can anyone with more objectivity tell me if she's cute/sexy?

Also, can anyone remember which recording talks about the kids acting out? DA tells CA that it's "being worked on," if I remember right. I was wondering how old they were at that point. No surprise if a guilty family overcompensates with the indulgence of kids = behavior probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx