FL FL - Daytona, WhtMale 2128UMFL, 11-21, near pond, denim jacket, May'72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found this info

This link is good..https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_2,_NO_12,_FEBRUARY_1959.pdf
shows you photos and more about the place and boys.. like the first link I posted earlier

This link is good too shows photos of boys from the ranch in 1972 some kind of look like this john doe.. the magazine is from November 1972 has missing girl Gail in it and also different wanted ads..https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_16,_NO_9,_NOVEMBER_1972.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Sheriffs_Youth_Ranches

In 1957, the Florida Sheriffs Association founded the first Florida Sheriffs Boys Ranch. With $5,000 and 140 acres (0.57*km2) of donated land on the banks of the Suwannee River, the Ranch aimed to act as a home for needy, neglected and unwanted boys.Though the project struggled to stay afloat in its first few years of operation, the Boys Ranch developed into a popular and highly successful program. In 1971, ground was broken for a sister program to the Boys Ranch – the Girls Villa, followed by a third Youth Ranch in 1975.
In 1977, the Boys Ranch, Girls Villa and a third Youth Ranch merged into one legal entity known as the Florida Sheriffs Youth Fund. In 1986, the Youth Fund underwent another title transformation as it legally changed its name to the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches, Inc. The program now consists of six sites throughout the state, and operates independently from the Florida Sheriffs Association, though the Sheriffs remain key supporters. Since its founding, the FSYR, Inc. has served more than 100,000 boys and girls and their families.[2]

I am looking at everything and anything that I can find from 1972 in that ... I really want to find out who this poor kid was!!!..oh I came across the Sheriffs Boys Ranch in my searches.. and I am trying to find out where but I read that they housed up to 100 boys at a time.. Oh that is awesome CaseCracker if you can request public records on this case and maybe get some more info from it.. Like a name for the person who reported the bike stolen.. or even an area of where it was stolen from.. Maybe there is some clue there..anything at all...

Bike was reported stolen from New Smyrna FL. Like a 30 min Drive, beach town south of Daytona in same county.

Yes I have seen it was from New Smyrna but I was looking into something closer.. Like there is Indian River North and New Smyrna is on both sides of it.. just looking for a more exact location... yes I know I want a lot haha.. But with a more exact location you can I guess see what was going around there at the time.. I don't know...
Bike was reported stolen from New Smyrna FL. Like a 30 min Drive, beach town south of Daytona in same county.

Yes I have seen this Thomas too.. Someone posted him earlier on.. I don't know if anyone ever submitted him but I really see him looking very similar to our john doe...And your right he could of taken a ride with the wrong person.. I have read that Thomas had money with him because he went to look for a present for his grandmother. and this john doe was found with a wallet that had like $6. Yes I know the whole New Yorkers going to Florida.. Iam a new Yorker.. my friend just sent me a photo on my cell she is out in Cocoa Florida this week ha!.. They drove out there.

They look exactly the same! He could have taken a ride from the wrong guy. Lots of New Yorkers move here and live here part time. More People are from New York than here, no Joke!

oh wait.. I actually just dawned on something... I am looking at the photos of the Sheriffs Boys Ranch Notice the last one on the the page.. The boys are all painting the gate with rollers... I wonder if the paint flecks on the wallet matches the paint on the gate? I wonder when the photos of the boys painting the gate were from.. and also looking at the photo one of the boys shoes looks like john does shoes... but that could be what they wore at the time.. I don't know.. but the paint is what stood out to me just now.
https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_16,_NO_9,_NOVEMBER_1972.pdf
IMG_1343.jpgIMG_1344.jpgIMG_1345.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2128umfl.html
Additional Personal Items: Black wallet with paint flecks on it was found in his left rear pant pocket.

How far away from where the remains were found is this place?

I came across this which I found interesting.. well it does not give us the name of the boy.. but May 8 was the day after they found this John Doe and I believe the day they found the other boy in the groves. Just thought it was interesting .. it could be nothing..
https://alachuasheriff.org/pdfs/ACSO History Project Word version.pdf

On May 8, 1972, tragedy struck in the jail again, this time in the form of a suicide. Joseph Trent, a 29 year-old male was discovered hanging in a cell less than an hour after he had been booked into the facility. Unfortunately for Sheriff Crevasse, it was later discovered that the regular corrections deputy had called in sick and an inexperienced deputy had been put in his place to cover the shift. This event was the last straw for the County Commission– and for Sheriff Crevasse.

oh wait.. I actually just dawned on something... I am looking at the photos of the Sheriffs Boys Ranch Notice the last one on the the page.. The boys are all painting the gate with rollers... I wonder if the paint flecks on the wallet matches the paint on the gate? I wonder when the photos of the boys painting the gate were from.. and also looking at the photo one of the boys shoes looks like john does shoes... but that could be what they wore at the time.. I don't know.. but the paint is what stood out to me just now.
https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_16,_NO_9,_NOVEMBER_1972.pdf
View attachment 115186View attachment 115187View attachment 115188

Additional Personal Items: Black wallet with paint flecks on it was found in his left rear pant pocket.

You could email them with this information, could be useful.

View attachment 115186View attachment 115187View attachment 115188

Excellent sleuthing MadamX! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

you think Skully? I have emailed other people info before and nobody ever gets back to me.. so I kind of stopped and just place all info I find on websleuths
You could email them with this information, could be useful.

thank you Dot#5t.. you know everybody has a favorite case..I think this one is mine.
Excellent sleuthing MadamX! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got a copy of police report on this case. Most is blacked out. However, address of Occurrence is listed 3 miles N.E of Daytona Beach Juvenile Detention Home on the report. So, we know for sure the Juvenile Detention Home was there in 1972. I now feel this victim was there or was murdered by someone who was there or both. Report also listed names of two men who found body. I cant post those on this thread.

Could have lil John Doe got in a little trouble and met his killer at Detention Center? What if John met a couple years older boy (17?)at Detention? Older boy has a truck or van and offers John a ride. John goes with him. Older boy says I'll steal that bike for you since you dont have a car or bike. John says far out man! Older boy throws bike in truck and they head back. Older boy drives into the woods and demands sex for stealing bike for him. Lil John wasnt having that and said no, you can keep it. Older boy rapes him by knife point and then kills him knowing he can be identified and throws the bike in with him.

I got a copy of police report on this case. Most is blacked out. However, address of Occurrence is listed 3 miles N.E of Daytona Beach Juvenile Detention Home on the report. So, we know for sure the Juvenile Detention Home was there in 1972. I now feel this victim was there or was murdered by someone who was there or both. Report also listed names of two men who found body. I cant post those on this thread.

Does it mention anything about the bike at all?

If it did mention bike , its all blacked out. I posted all readable info in my prev post except two peoples name and address who found body. S.O. says its an open investigation and report is blacked out like the Kennedy case files! Very little info in it. Very dissapointing. I got blacked out 2 page police report of 137 pages they said are in case file...Maybe the New Sheriff Mike Chitwood will have the media get this case out again. Sheriff Chitwood was good at using media to help them solving cases while he was Daytona Police Chief. With him there, this case will get solved by his use of the media and the public. Hes a very smart man with a track record of doing whatever he can to get cases solved. Chitwood doesnt care about Egos. He just cares about getting justice for the victims and their family's.

If it did mention bike , its all blacked out. I posted all readable info in my prev post except two peoples name and address who found body. S.O. says its an open investigation and report is blacked out like the Kennedy case files! Very little info in it. Very dissapointing. I got blacked out 2 page police report of 137 pages they said are in case file...Maybe the New Sheriff Mike Chitwood will have the media get this case out again. Sheriff Chitwood was good at using media to help them solving cases while he was Daytona Police Chief. With him there, this case will get solved by his use of the media and the public. Hes a very smart man with a track record of doing whatever he can to get cases solved. Chitwood doesnt care about Egos. He just cares about getting justice for the victims and their family's.

Well, there. That's disappointing. Here's hoping the new police chief will do just that.
I'm of the belief that after 40 years, there's a good chance the perp is either dead, or doesn't have a lot of life left, so what harm can it do? If they have a POI, or a strong lead, then fine, keep it under wraps, but if they're not actively pursuing an active case, then I would hope they'd be more forthcoming with the information. This is just my take on things.

Could have lil John Doe got in a little trouble and met his killer at Detention Center? What if John met a couple years older boy (17?)at Detention? Older boy has a truck or van and offers John a ride. John goes with him. Older boy says I'll steal that bike for you since you dont have a car or bike. John says far out man! Older boy throws bike in truck and they head back. Older boy drives into the woods and demands sex for stealing bike for him. Lil John wasnt having that and said no, you can keep it. Older boy rapes him by knife point and then kills him knowing he can be identified and throws the bike in with him.
Do we know if he was raped?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member