GUILTY FL - Denise Lee, 21, raped & murdered, North Port, 17 Jan 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She had her own car. I believe they were a close loving couple who enjoyed their time together. They shared the special moments via phone concerning the children. I dont believe she was ordered to check in or anything like that. I think it is sweet how they kept in touch throughout the day. I wouldn't even entertain the thought that she had any interest at all in King. I am just sickened over it all.

Thank you for the answer and for joining the conversation that I hate to have to have.....Welcome To WS.

Thank you for welcoming me.:) I can't stop thinking about Denise Amber Lee, what she went through and what her family is going through. :( I didn't know her personally, I live not too far from where she lived. When it has come up in conversation people usually say "oh I can't look at stories like that" or I dont want to know". I can understand what they are trying to say- because it is so overwhelming and enough to make you want to lock down inside your house and never leave when you see all the horror stories everywhere. Yet, I feel guilty like I should be trying to help wherever I can. I feel bad knowing that there are families suffering every day with all the psychopaths out there. :( I guess I need to find my call to action so to speak or be doing something productive, yet not so much so that it occupies my every thought. Does anyone else feel this way ?

Your welcome and, yes I feel that way and that's why I come here. If you go back through this thread you will see that what happened to Denise really haunted me for awhile. You would be surprised what some of the members find on the cases here. I've seen many helpful tips sent to LE in just the short time I have been here.

Thank you for welcoming me.:) I can't stop thinking about Denise Amber Lee, what she went through and what her family is going through. :( I didn't know her personally, I live not too far from where she lived. When it has come up in conversation people usually say "oh I can't look at stories like that" or I dont want to know". I can understand what they are trying to say- because it is so overwhelming and enough to make you want to lock down inside your house and never leave when you see all the horror stories everywhere. Yet, I feel guilty like I should be trying to help wherever I can. I feel bad knowing that there are families suffering every day with all the psychopaths out there. :( I guess I need to find my call to action so to speak or be doing something productive, yet not so much so that it occupies my every thought. Does anyone else feel this way ?

I think it's safe to say that most of us feel that way earthacadamy. That's why we're here.
Half the reason murders/abductions etc have gotten out of hand (not that ANY is acceptable) is because everyone is too afraid to get involved. They don't read these stories, because well, it rains on their parade, so to speak. But most of us here at WS, got involved with one story, and it lead to alot of research and WS, and here we are today.

From Denise's Dad
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Hi All,[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]As some of you know I have a MySpace page set up to help spread the word about missing people.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]One of the people I have written and posted about is Denise.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Today her dad left a comment on a blog entry I did for Denise, I felt that you may like to read it.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]"I would like to let you know how fast life can change. A day I'll never forget; Thursday, January 17th, 2008. My baby girl Denise Amber Goff-Lee was kidnapped from her home and murdered. But before being abducted she was able to place her children in a place of safety and lock them within her residence. During this horrific ordeal she was able to get to her attackers phone while being bound in the back seat of his car and place a 911 call to the police. During this call she was able to give information that led to the identity of her attacker, and this was done in such away that her attacker who was present in the vehicle wasn't even aware she was doing it. Because of her phone call it provided enough information to identity her attacker and vehicle and it led to his quick arrest. She was also smart enough to leave evidence behind in the vehicle that would link him to her abduction. But before her kidnapper could be caught he dug a shallow grave and murdered her and left her body behind hoping that she would never be found. I ask, who can take a young mother in front of her two young babies and commit such an act? Well I will tell you a "COWARD". Because of Denise's brave actions my grand babies lives were saved, as well as how many others. You know this monster was not going to quit.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]God now has another beautiful person in his kingdom, My Baby Girl, My Hero, My Little Angel. I Love you baby.... Dad."[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]If you would like to read the blog I did for Denise you can do so by going to my MySpace page: www.myspace.com/maelstrom5[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]It is titled: Denise Amber Lee 21, A MySpace Mom Goes Home.[/FONT]

Thanks for sharing that Peter J., it was sad, but sweet.
I hope that more women can start being smart like Denise. I am under no illusion that something like this could never happen to me. But I know, like Denise, that I would do everything I could to protect my family, myself, and to leave evidence if all alse failed.

It's heartwrenching to picture Denise putting her babies in the crib, knowing that she was keeping them safe, but might never see them again. And to picture her making the phone call to police on her attackers phone, knowing that getting caught could be the end of her fight to live. But even though she knew she might die, she kept a level head, and was strong and brave. I can certainly see why she is her fathers hero.

Thank you for welcoming me.:) I can't stop thinking about Denise Amber Lee, what she went through and what her family is going through. :( I didn't know her personally, I live not too far from where she lived. When it has come up in conversation people usually say "oh I can't look at stories like that" or I dont want to know".

There has always been that mentality in our community......but the ones that do care enough are ones made of Gold.

From Denise's Dad
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Hi All,[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]As some of you know I have a MySpace page set up to help spread the word about missing people.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]One of the people I have written and posted about is Denise.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Today her dad left a comment on a blog entry I did for Denise, I felt that you may like to read it.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]"I would like to let you know how fast life can change. A day I'll never forget; Thursday, January 17th, 2008. My baby girl Denise Amber Goff-Lee was kidnapped from her home and murdered. But before being abducted she was able to place her children in a place of safety and lock them within her residence. During this horrific ordeal she was able to get to her attackers phone while being bound in the back seat of his car and place a 911 call to the police. During this call she was able to give information that led to the identity of her attacker, and this was done in such away that her attacker who was present in the vehicle wasn't even aware she was doing it. Because of her phone call it provided enough information to identity her attacker and vehicle and it led to his quick arrest. She was also smart enough to leave evidence behind in the vehicle that would link him to her abduction. But before her kidnapper could be caught he dug a shallow grave and murdered her and left her body behind hoping that she would never be found. I ask, who can take a young mother in front of her two young babies and commit such an act? Well I will tell you a "COWARD". Because of Denise's brave actions my grand babies lives were saved, as well as how many others. You know this monster was not going to quit.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]God now has another beautiful person in his kingdom, My Baby Girl, My Hero, My Little Angel. I Love you baby.... Dad."[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]If you would like to read the blog I did for Denise you can do so by going to my MySpace page: www.myspace.com/maelstrom5[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]It is titled: Denise Amber Lee 21, A MySpace Mom Goes Home.[/FONT]

Massive chill-bumps here. I just know that the life that Rick has led helped Denise lead law enforcement to her killer. Daddy taught her well...:(

Massive chill-bumps here. I just know that the life that Rick has led helped Denise lead law enforcement to her killer. Daddy taught her well...:(

That was a tough read. My heart still hurts for Denise and her family.

I think it's safe to say that most of us feel that way earthacadamy. That's why we're here.
Half the reason murders/abductions etc have gotten out of hand (not that ANY is acceptable) is because everyone is too afraid to get involved. They don't read these stories, because well, it rains on their parade, so to speak. But most of us here at WS, got involved with one story, and it lead to alot of research and WS, and here we are today.

Thank you stillhoping. I know what you mean, I feel I have come to the right place. whether it is to vent, cry, help in any way I can. That is what I was trying to say is that it bothers me when people say "oh no dont tell me I dont want to hear it" or they make me feel like there is something wrong with me for getting so upset over it. I actually had a friend tell me " oh you just can't do that to yourself put a comedy on or something :( I dont understand people... :(

Thank you stillhoping. I know what you mean, I feel I have come to the right place. whether it is to vent, cry, help in any way I can. That is what I was trying to say is that it bothers me when people say "oh no dont tell me I dont want to hear it" or they make me feel like there is something wrong with me for getting so upset over it. I actually had a friend tell me " oh you just can't do that to yourself put a comedy on or something :( I dont understand people... :(

I have a daughter who never listens to the news or anything where she might hear something bad. Well, this is the way that I feel. If you close yourself off from the REAL WORLD and everything that is going on in it you don't learn ways to protect yourself if anything should happen to you. You have no idea how to try and keep yourself safe if you pretend that bad things aren't happening every day. By coming to places like WS we allow others into our lives and we may in some small way help others in need. Life, as we know it today, is ugly in a lot of ways. It is also so dangerous and we need to be aware of that and prepared for it. There are a lot of evil people and one of them could even be our neighbor. It doesn't pay to live in a protective bubble in this day and age and pretend that life is other then it really is.

I have a daughter who never listens to the news or anything where she might hear something bad. Well, this is the way that I feel. If you close yourself off from the REAL WORLD and everything that is going on in it you don't learn ways to protect yourself if anything should happen to you. You have no idea how to try and keep yourself safe if you pretend that bad things aren't happening every day. By coming to places like WS we allow others into our lives and we may in some small way help others in need. Life, as we know it today, is ugly in a lot of ways. It is also so dangerous and we need to be aware of that and prepared for it. There are a lot of evil people and one of them could even be our neighbor. It doesn't pay to live in a protective bubble in this day and age and pretend that life is other then it really is.

Bobbisangel,

I am torn on this issue. I am a total news junkie and often read or see stories I'd rather not know about. However, I have 2 teenagers - 1 away at college out of state - and I have always been both overly honest and protective of them when it comes to the "real world." I agree that it's important to make sure your children know - when appropriate - what is out there. When they come from an environment that has protected and nurtured, they don't understand the evil that exsists in the world. But there is a fine line to walk here. There is an inherent courage in teenagers that is enviable and often gets them to where they can realize their dreams. But it also gives them a false sense of invincibility. I think Denise knew about the danger that exsisted in the world. But honestly, why would anyone of any age ever have to believe the bad guy would walk right into your own home and take you away from your babies? I hope that *advertiser censored* fries. IMHO

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080215/NEWS/802150473

CHARLOTTE COUNTY — The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office has concluded its internal investigation into its handling of a 911 call from a witness who likely saw Denise Lee shortly before her Jan. 17 murder.

Sheriff John Davenport plans to release the findings at a 3 p.m. press conference today.

The call, placed by Janet Kowalski, has been the subject of an internal investigation by the county and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement since shortly after it surfaced last month.

According to North Port police, the Sheriff's Office did not connect the Kowalski call to the search efforts that night. Only later, after Kowalski called the North Port police, did her 911 call come to light.

Davenport has refused to release information on his office's handling of the call or say whether any officers were dispatched in response, pending the conclusion of the internal investigation.

Well said, Bobbisangel. My fiance is one of those who don't want to know about the bad things. And while I envy his naivety, I don't want to be in the dark and unable to protect myself. I also feel that being aware of the bad things in the world, gives me an extra advantage to enjoy the good things. I feel that after turning to "sleuthing", I find a little more wonder in the things that do make me smile. But most of all, I just feel like I'm supposed to be here, someone has to care about these people. It's what I would want if I were "missing".

I think Denise knew she would probably not survive, and instead of falling into hysterics or depression, she fought every step of the way, and refused to be weaker than the monster who took her life. I do think that her background helped her know what to do to leave evidence and keep her kids safe.

Family disappointed with 911 call investigation in Lee case.

The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office plans to suspend two 911 communications center employees following a three-week probe into the agency’s handling of a crucial 911 call the night of the kidnapping and murder of Denise Lee..
Lee’s father, Rick Goff, a Charlotte County sheriff’s deputy, and Lee’s husband, Nathan, said in an interview after a two-hour meeting with Chief Deputy Bill Cameron that they were unhappy with the result of the investigation and disciplinary action.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080215/BREAKING03/741354416

I knew this was coming. Poor Denise might have been saved if the dispatchers in her fathers department hadn't blown it!

http://www.sun-herald.com/breakingnews.cfm?id=4768

Dispatcher Elizabeth Martinez will be suspended without pay for 36 hours, participate in 12 hours of remedial training, spend six months on disciplinary probation and take part in a critical incident stress management debriefing. She was found to be in violation of failing to send units to the North Port call at Toledo Blade and U.S. 41.

Dispatcher Susan Kallestad will be suspended without pay for 60 hours, participate in 12 hours of remedial training, spend six months on disciplinary probation and take part in the critical incident stress management debriefing. She was found to be in violation of failing to send units to the North Port call to Toledo Blade and U.S. 41 and found in violation of official procedures or directives by failing to contact North Port Police Department as instructed by Sgt. Floyd Davis.

Oh boy......looks like local attorney Tom Marryott (also attorney for murderer Scott Huss :behindbar ) was at the press conference and it sounds like he may be representing Denise's family regarding this screw-up.

"“They said everyone was busy," Nathan Lee said. "I don't care; that's their job.
"We're going to give them a second chance?" he added, referring to the planned 911 center suspensions. "Denise didn't get a second chance."

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/

A woman called 911 to report she'd seen a woman struggling in the back of a car, but an internal investigation shows 911 workers did not notify authorities. The young mother in the car was later found murdered

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje
Back