GUILTY FL - Denise Lee, 21, raped & murdered, North Port, 17 Jan 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been following trials since before OJ--since Pam Smart's (took place just a few miles from my home) and never before have I been this highly effected. EVER!

This is just too much. I just cannot listen to Denise's pleas knowing she did EVERYTHING RIGHT only to be so horridly FAILED:furious::furious::furious:

I tried from the beginning to get across just how huge of a travesty this murder was, but it's too local for me and I have had to touch this one lightly for various personal reasons. Thanks to the live coverage of this trial, more and more are now educated, outaged, heartbroke, and nervous about placing their faith in the 911 system. Sadly enough, I've seen this time and time again...it takes an act this dramatic to bring about change for the better, which is wonderful for those of us that are left to benefit from the changes in the law that WILL come as a direct result of losing Denise...the dynamics of every angle of this horrific case has been quite another Lesson in Life and knowing that a Slam-Dunk is right around the corner makes it a little easier to take this in.

To all that have been touched since the start or the newly found....:blowkiss:

I tried from the beginning to get across just how huge of a travesty this murder was, but it's too local for me and I have had to touch this one lightly for various personal reasons. Thanks to the live coverage of this trial, more and more are now educated, outaged, heartbroke, and nervous about placing their faith in the 911 system. Sadly enough, I've seen this time and time again...it takes an act this dramatic to bring about change for the better, which is wonderful for those of us that are left to benefit from the changes in the law that WILL come as a direct result of losing Denise...the dynamics of every angle of this horrific case has been quite another Lesson in Life and knowing that a Slam-Dunk is right around the corner makes it a little easier to take this in.

To all that have been touched since the start or the newly found....:blowkiss:

Rat, :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss: Thank you for your dedication to all victims!

Just wanted to post a quick update for anyone interested. Been watching the trial all day. the ME has been on the stand for awhile now.

he is currently drawing on a large board that has the outline of a human body on it. he is drawing the injuries that Denise received.

right now he is drawing on a close up outline of just a human head. he is describing the gunshot wound to Denise's head. it is a contact wound.

Just wanted to post a quick update for anyone interested. Been watching the trial all day. the ME has been on the stand for awhile now.

he is currently drawing on a large board that has the outline of a human body on it. he is drawing the injuries that Denise received.

right now he is drawing on a close up outline of just a human head. he is describing the gunshot wound to Denise's head. it is a contact wound.

It's hard to listen to all the injuries and the gun shot. The ME speaks kindly which really helps as he describes Denise's injuries.

I couldn't agree with you more!!! I still am in absolute confusion how he chose her in the 1st place??? Anyone know anything more than I know??? Thanks for any input... :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:furious:

Supposidly he was seen driving by her house 'a couple' of times, but also supposidly there was a highchair out back with cut hair around it. So I wonder if he had seen her before and just made sure the husband wasn't home/ staked out her house for awhile/ saw her in the back cutting child's hair/ or at some other point. I'm thinking he made SURE the husband wasn't home... just by his actions and the way he looks to me.

It's hard to listen to all the injuries and the gun shot. The ME speaks kindly which really helps as he describes Denise's injuries.

i totally agree Patty G. It makes me so sad to listen to this and actually see it demonstrated. I don't understand how people can do this to other people.

I like the way the ME speaks. He makes things very understandable to a layperson.

I wonder what he was planning to do with her since from the map shown somewhere in previous post it looks like he was just driving around with her in the car and then ended up burying her kind of near his own house. Driving around town with a screaming women in the car. Wouldn't it be hard to explain anyway away the news coming out about a kidnapped/killed women and that just happens to be the women you were 'stuffing' back into your car while just borrowing gas and a shovel??? Even though he was already in giant trouble... he SHOULD have just let her loose and took his medicine.

I have watched this all week and am just horrified at how hard she tried to save her own life to no avail. I just love the medical examiner, Dr. Shultz. He is amazing!!! I would want him on my side if God forbid, this happened to me. And I am so impressed by her dad. He is a rock and a hero for Denise. Justice for Denise!!!!

RiverRat, You and the other fellow webslueths tried to warn me in the beginning not to get so attached. I came to websleuths right after this happened. I had never blogged before this. :( I should of listened. I feel sorry for the people who are on the jury and for those just learning about Denise. It will forever change you and break your heart. You may just never be the same. :(
I have promised myself when this trial is over I will not allow myself to listen to anything tragic. {try to shield myself somehow as much as possible if that makes any sense} I pray justice will be served, even though I know it will never be enough for the way she suffered, and her beautiful boys and family have to go on without her. They have a strong community that will be with them forever.
Be safe everyone and peace to all~ :blowkiss:

RiverRat, You and the other fellow webslueths tried to warn me in the beginning not to get so attached. I came to websleuths right after this happened. I had never blogged before this. :( I should of listened. I feel sorry for the people who are on the jury and for those just learning about Denise. It will forever change you and break your heart. You may just never be the same. :(
I have promised myself when this trial is over I will not allow myself to listen to anything tragic. {try to shield myself somehow as much as possible if that makes any sense} I pray justice will be served, even though I know it will never be enough for the way she suffered, and her beautiful boys and family have to go on without her. They have a strong community that will be with them forever.
Be safe everyone and peace to all~ :blowkiss:

Ohhh, Honey....I know all too well, but I also know that you will eventually feel different knowing that you Helped instead of not becoming involved or educated on the toughest reality in the World that these Monsters create. You know how to contact me if you need a little more one on one while dealing with your emotions right now - I believe that you should be very proud of yourself and I very much appreciate the help here with keeping our local reports coming for the World to read...I knew immediately that this was too shocking to not become National and that I had to walk a fine line with my comments, so your assistance is more important than you might not realize just yet! Take a break and the time to put all of this in perspective after the Judge's gavel Falls...you've done great....:clap:

whoo hoo

i'd be surprised if it was any other verdict (although this is Floriduh... so you never know)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back