FL - Derek Rosa, 13, charged as adult in stabbing death of mother Irina Garcia in her sleep, 13 Oct 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he is in an adult prison, that doesn't mean he'd be housed w/adults, obviously.
He'd prob. be kept in solitary.
I do not feel comfortable with him being with other 13 year olds or even younger.
No way.
Omo.

Regarding premeditation... This may be a bit out there, but I wonder if they know it's premeditated due to some link to Friday the 13th. Was there meaning & planning behind killing his mom on Friday the 13th or was it just a coincidence? Did they find google or social media searches that suggest he was planning something for this particular day?

Court Case ID: F-23-021321
State Case ID: 13-2023-CF-021321-0001-XX
MURDER 1ST DEGREE
ROSA, DEREK
DOB 08/26/2010

Did they really take this kid out of jail and back to the crime scene???? Or are they moving him to a different facility?

View attachment 460814

View attachment 460815

Maybe they had him physically walk them through his actions that evening. Not something done with every crime, but not unheard of, especially if the suspect is cooperating and disclosing fully.

But if it is moving him to a different facility, I hope it's one for juveniles. Thirteen year olds don't belong in adult jail.

MOO

It occurred to me that the baby could have been the source of his rage. Perhaps she cried a lot, colicky, always interrupting his sleep, jealousy or whatever bothered him about her.

In his mind, possibly sleep deprived mind, he took his rage out on his mother. He saw her as the one causing the problem, not the baby. Stabbing is brutal so it wasn’t, I’ll shoot her, poison her or whatever.

Maybe in part of his mind, he couldn’t bring himself to murder a baby. But he could punish the person who brought the baby into his life. Like compartmentalization his anger.

JMO. The baby’s father must be devastated.

It occurred to me that the baby could have been the source of his rage. Perhaps she cried a lot, colicky, always interrupting his sleep, jealousy or whatever bothered him about her.

In his mind, possibly sleep deprived mind, he took his rage out on his mother. He saw her as the one causing the problem, not the baby. Stabbing is brutal so it wasn’t, I’ll shoot her, poison her or whatever.

Maybe in part of his mind, he couldn’t bring himself to murder a baby. But he could punish the person who brought the baby into his life. Like compartmentalization his anger.

JMO. The baby’s father must be devastated.
Good point.
Also a possibility, he was the center of his mamas universe. He was her baby for 13 years.
Until he wasn’t . And he was too emotionally immature … but he is a child.. and didn’t have anyone to help him work through it. Perhaps his father wasn’t in his life, though I have no idea.
Just speculation. JMO

Disturbing photos at the news link below...

12/4/23

Disturbing babycam footage shows a 13 year-old Florida honors student standing over his sleeping mom in her bed, moments before he allegedly murdered her.

Derek Rosa was seen in an eerie black and white image released by Miami-Dade District Attorney's Office Monday, looming over his 39 year-old mom Irina Garcia in her bed on the night of October 12.

The time stamp on the static image shows 11pm. Rosa called 911 to report the murder around 11:30pm.

According to this article he was indeed talking to a "friend" online and sent photos afterwards, including one which I interpret as "bragging." I guess it took a little while before reality hit and he called 911. Was the eventual "remorse" allegedly expressed real?

According to this article he was indeed talking to a "friend" online and sent photos afterwards, including one which I interpret as "bragging." I guess it took a little while before reality hit and he called 911. Was the eventual "remorse" allegedly expressed real?
I don't know if his remorse is real -- I couldn't get past the defendant's bloody hand throwing up a hang loose sign. o_O

I don't know if his remorse is real -- I couldn't get past the defendant's bloody hand throwing up a hang loose sign. o_O

It reminds me of the teenager murderer of Tristyn B. (St. Johns Co., FL), going on social media afterwards to throw signs and ask if anyone has seen Tristyn.
It's a whole separate level of sickness, when they think it gives them bragging rights, IMO.

This article mentions an Evidentiary Hearing for Thursday (Dec 7?)

Miami-Dade Judge Richard Hersch was expected to rule Tuesday, but the decision was pushed to give defense attorneys more time.

Judge Hersch said he believes Rosa is required to be at Metro West, but he will allow the defense the time they need to attempt to prove their case.

Defense attorneys said they have about six witnesses set for day two of the evidentiary hearing, which is scheduled to be on Thursday.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dr_snuff
Back