GUILTY Fl - Diane Ward, 55, Murdered In Her Orlando Home, 21 Sept 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"I just shot my wife." Seems pretty good evidence of guilt there.

No evidence that there was her DNA on the TRIGGER.

If one was to be dealing with their spouse about to commit suicide (though there is no evidence of suicidal tendencies with her), would one reach for the gun, or try to talk them out of it?

If one was going to commit suicide, isn't that done alone normally?

I have heard there was a possible financial motive as well.

From videos I have seen, he has worry over keeping his kids sane over this, that may partly be why he is lying now.

MOO

He also said in the same convo it was an accident. The 911 call. His story has changed several times. And yes I agree hes only trying to keep his grown daughters from knowing the truth perhaps. Diane had been drinking, who knows?
Im leaning towards guilt.

He also said in the same convo it was an accident. The 911 call. His story has changed several times. And yes I agree hes only trying to keep his grown daughters from knowing the truth perhaps. Diane had been drinking, who knows?
Im leaning towards guilt.

Thanks. What is the reasonable doubt because I don't see it. How does his story make sense? Why has it changed several times if he is innocent? TIA.

Thanks. What is the reasonable doubt because I don't see it. How does his story make sense? Why has it changed several times if he is innocent? TIA.

It makes sense to me that he tried to keep her from shooting herself and the struggle caused the gun to go off. That said, I dont know why he didnt tell the 911 operator this.
Stories dont change if they are true!!

Just because she was drinking or took Celexa does not mean she was suicidal. Celexa is most often taken for anxiety. DW had plenty to be anxious about. At the jail they seemed to be having a celebration..they should have invited FCA. NOT suicide. MOO

state has 2 rebuttal witnesses, one may be the medical examiner

Just because she was drinking or took Celexa does not mean she was suicidal. Celexa is most often taken for anxiety. DW had plenty to be anxious about. At the jail they seemed to be having a celebration..they should have invited FCA. NOT suicide. MOO
I know, very odd. What was up with that? Even Dianes sister seemed odd or whatever. Just dont get it.

After Casey Anthony trial this is so boring. Seems they are just saying the same thing over and over.

But, them main point I think the state has made is that she was not suicidal. I didn't know much about this case before I started watching the trial and I don't know anymore now. Weird.jmo

After Casey Anthony trial this is so boring. Seems they are just saying the same thing over and over.

But, them main point I think the state has made is that she was not suicidal. I didn't know much about this case before I started watching the trial and I don't know anymore now. Weird.jmo
Very weird. Only thing I can decide here is that his daily outbursts are pretty indicative of his behavior I am sure. Altho I think hes making sure this is out of jury presence. Thinks hes pretty darn smart. Jail him for being an arrogant a hole. Just kidding.
If he accidentally shot her in the face during a struggle one would think when she hit the floor he would have as well in effort to help her. No blood on him. RIP Diane.

jmo

Yeah and she may have been taking it for PMS/PDD or something else altogether.

Other uses for this medicine

Citalopram is also sometimes used to treat eating disorders, alcoholism, panic disorder (condition that causes sudden attacks of extreme fear with no apparent cause), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (a group of physical and emotional symptoms that occur before the menstrual period each month), and social phobia (excessive anxiety about interacting with others).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001041/

I just thought i would put in my :twocents: here..But given there was wine stains on the bed..Bob was the only one with wine on his person..which would explain that Bob was in that Bedroom BEFORE Diane..and that it was Bob who took the weapon out of that draw (not visa versa) and that when Diane came into BR and confronted him verbally..he shot her ..There is no way he walked into BR finding Diane ready to shot self and tried to stop///ALL this happened on HIS Side..where the gun was handy dandy to owner (Bob Ward) There is no way the suggested struggle was to keep Diane from committing suicide...TOO bad they couldnt prove pre-meditation :maddening:

BTW//Closing for Defense was pitiful IMO..He sounded rambling and whiney and given the big bucks ..BW deserved a better performance in closing and knitting together their case. I only watched muttering and musings and suggestions..

Judge J. Davis will give final instruction in AM then jury will start deliberations...Sure hope they use common sense..BUT I am once bit..twice shy in expecting anythings right now :crazy:

Yeah and she may have been taking it for PMS/PDD or something else altogether.

Other uses for this medicine

Citalopram is also sometimes used to treat eating disorders, alcoholism, panic disorder (condition that causes sudden attacks of extreme fear with no apparent cause), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (a group of physical and emotional symptoms that occur before the menstrual period each month), and social phobia (excessive anxiety about interacting with others).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001041/

It was testified to in court that she was taking it for OCD

BTW//Closing for Defense was pitiful IMO..He sounded rambling and whiney and given the big bucks ..BW deserved a better performance in closing and knitting together their case. I only watched muttering and musings and suggestions..

I haven't been able to watch due to work, but it was my impression that defense started strong early on but that rebuttals and later witnesses for the prosecution seemed to come across stronger. Again this is from reading only twitter updates from journalists and news summaries.

I'm thinking if the jury grasps that - regardless of circumstances - BW was at least 'responsible' for his wife's demise that they will convict - but if which set of possible counts, I'm not certain. I will also not be surprised if they don't convict at all, because of all the uncertainties [the family's strange dynamics & life behind closed doors] and the lack of advocates for the victim.

I think defence did better when they were cross examining during state CIC, I think Bob was determined to testify pre the trial, thought he could be cool calm and collected and impress the jury who would be swayed to believe he was the innocent party and the victim in all this,

but once the trial began he could not hide his true personality, and he began to have outbursts and could not control his anger, the defence and he must have then realised that he would be his own worst enemy if he testified so he decided not to

I think he was the one who pulled the trigger, not sure if it was premeditated or done in anger,

and am not sure what way the jury will fall

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back