GUILTY FL - Dontrell Melvin, 5 mos, Hallandale Beach, July 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is no set rule. If and when this case get's to trial either this thread will be moved to Currently Awaiting Trial, trials or the discussion will continue here in the located forum. It all depends on how the mod's decide to handle the thread.

If the thread is moved there will be redirect for a short period of time.....

If at some point you need to search for Dontrell's thread, use advanced search. Keyword Dontrell, search thread titles only and sort by thread. It will be easy to find that way.

hth

BBM

Hi Cubby! Dontrells thread is still in the missing forum.. he hasnt been moved to located.

Respectfully snipped. I think you mean cause of death can not be proven....

but in any case, what prompted me to snip the above portion of your post is the new law in FL that requires parents to report a missing child immediately. I think they call it Caylee's law and iirc it went into effect recently. I was wondering how that might impact this case. I'm not sure if the law applies from the date the child went missing, or the date LE finds out about the child being missing.

Anyone more familiar with this new(er) law that can explain it for us?

BBM, yes, thank you for catching that. My fingers of fury did indeed make a typo.

I can't share pictures without making them HUGE but at this slideshow http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...remains-found-20130112,0,3110123.photogallery there is a picture of Dontrell's name, long with some other kids name, etched into the sidewalk in front of the house his body was found at.

It also has a picture of a "memorial" outside of the house. That picture makes me sad because it is such a very small memorial. I hope that more things are added to it.

Their back garden is small and they are surrounded by houses. Burying Dontrell there seems like a huge risk!

What I don't get is that I imagine pretty much everyone in Florida has heard of Caylee Anthony (I live in the UK and it's Caylee that brought me to Websleuths).

So i'm suprised that when people didn't see Dontrell for so long and BS and CM said he was with the grandparents their brains didn't think "wait a minute...this sounds familiar". I mean this was not long after Casey was put on trial!

BS and CM are clearly good at lying and I'm sure their friends/family are beating themselves up right now plus we don't know the full story yet but...........arrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

BBM

Hi Cubby! Dontrells thread is still in the missing forum.. he hasnt been moved to located.

Ya, no official ID yet. That will take weeks. Poor baby. Well, when he is officially id'd this will move to located. I just happened to forget the id was not yet official.

But thanks, my mistake was funny to see before I have had my morning coffee.

What I don't get is that I imagine pretty much everyone in Florida has heard of Caylee Anthony (I live in the UK and it's Caylee that brought me to Websleuths).

So i'm suprised that when people didn't see Dontrell for so long and BS and CM said he was with the grandparents their brains didn't think "wait a minute...this sounds familiar". I mean this was not long after Casey was put on trial!

BS and CM are clearly good at lying and I'm sure their friends/family are beating themselves up right now plus we don't know the full story yet but...........arrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Especially after the grandmother supposedly told a neighbor she had a "guilty feeling" about Dontrell and that she thought something bad might have happened to him. So then she does...nothing? I'm really trying not to judge the grandmother because I don't know what went on in that house, but sheesh.

I wonder if the call BJS made to LE in October had anything to do with HB 37 going into effect. So she could say she called authorities when she realized her baby was "missing." I'm guessing it was probably a coincidence, but maybe not.

I hope they are able to identify and determine a COD for this baby quickly. It is horrifying to think that by abdicating all responsibility as a parent and choosing to engage in 18 months of indulgent play acting this mother and the man child she reproduced with could escape the harsh sentence they deserve. Her child laid dead in the back yard, unmourned and denied a proper burial while she dyed her hair, had her nails done, got tattoo after tattoo and documented it all in pictures for anyone to see.

South Florida police find skeletal remains behind home, possibly of 5-month-old baby last seen almost 2 years ago

Police, meanwhile, couldn’t say why the couple’s relatives hadn’t come forward earlier about the boy.
“Perhaps the parents were able to spin stories to different segments of the family, that they believed the child was possibly being taken care of by another segment of the family,” Flournoy said. “But they never connected or talked.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fla-police-find-remains-missing-baby-article-1.1239177

Lots of pics and a video at link^

Every time I come to little Dontrell's thread I tear up, just so senseless.

Oh, ok honey. No problem, you don't want me to ask where my son is... I completely understand and will no longer bother you with the details. Lets just move on with our lives, and forget about it. At least until tax time, or on our EBT benefits form. Here, go get your nails done, get a new phone, and something pretty to wear.

thanks for the link SummerBreeze

snipped:

HALLANDALE BEACH (CBSMiami) – Armed with shovels and a backhoe, Hallandale Beach police crime scene technicians continue to combed through the dirt behind a home where the partial remains of body, believed to be Dontrell Melvin, were found on Friday.

Monday morning they gingerly sifted through shovels full of dirt and set aside pieces of possible evidence for an anthropologist to examine.

Over the weekend, technicians uncovered a femur in the yard of the home in the 100 block of Northwest First Avenue.

They have only found partial remains, with the femur in the yard? UGH. My nightmares over this case are getting worse. What is your take on this, anyone? Does it mean animals spread his remains? That he was dismembered? (I hate even typing either scenerio)

During police questioning, Flournoy said Melvin described a verbal argument he had gotten into with Sierra in July 2011 and left the home. When he returned 3 weeks later, Dontrell was gone, he told police. Melvin told police that “Sierra asked him not to ask him about the whereabouts of the child,” said Flournoy.

Yeah, right. He was never told where his son was, yet he was able to tell them that Dontrell is behind their old house.

Good grief...
Do these people really think that it sounds better to say that somebody misplaced their baby and they never bothered to ask where he was?

I went back to BJS fb page to see if around July 2011 there was an indication of something. I saw nothing but did see something in January 2012 that was disturbing. She said something along the lines of you don't want this baby then I wont keep him. I am assuming she was speaking of the baby she was pregnant with at the time.

http://www.facebook.com/brittneymelvin0428?fref=ts

I went back to BJS fb page to see if around July 2011 there was an indication of something. I saw nothing but did see something in January 2012 that was disturbing. She said something along the lines of you don't want this baby then I wont keep him. I am assuming she was speaking of the baby she was pregnant with at the time.

http://www.facebook.com/brittneymelvin0428?fref=ts

:censored: at her "about" paragraph..:furious:

This is just sick! Sick!!

What I don't understand is with her knowing Dontrell was dead, and knowing where he was buried, she even bothered opening her mouth at all about her babydaddy not allowing her to see him. She had to know the whole danged truth would come out. Why did she call attention to them at all, knowing full well this baby was dead and where he was buried.

Did she really think she had a convinciing story??? Did she really think she was going to get away with it and stick all the blame on him??? Did she really????

OMG how long ago was the casey anthony verdict? vs how long ago would we guess that baby Dontrell has been deceased? Could it be they saw the verdict, figured they could get away with it and then acted? :( Ugh, hating to think it but honestly I hate to think about most things I read on ws :(

This is just sick! Sick!!

What I don't understand is with her knowing Dontrell was dead, and knowing where he was buried, she even bothered opening her mouth at all about her babydaddy not allowing her to see him. She had to know the whole danged truth would come out. Why did she call attention to them at all, knowing full well this baby was dead and where he was buried.

Did she really think she had a convinciing story??? Did she really think she was going to get away with it and stick all the blame on him??? Did she really????

I'm very curious to find out what she thought myself . Sickening is an understatement.,

I really wish we could hear all the different stories they told people.

I'm imagining a scenario where they used baby Dontrell's death as a leverage or sorts between themselves. Imagine' if you leave me, I' ll tell the cops what you did' type of language from both sides to keep them in line and maybe now the break up is final, someone followed through on their threat. Totally my opinion only .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153
Back