GUILTY FL - Dontrell Melvin, 5 mos, Hallandale Beach, July 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sounds like you treated your classroom like a ministry, SwampMama. Your students were truly fortunate to have you. I was brought to tears about the story of the little girl for whom you bought uniforms. No doubt, you made an indelible positive impact on her life.

After reading your post, it makes me hope all the more that precious Dontrell had at least one person in his life who put a smile on his face, if only for one day. :tears:

It sounds like you treated your classroom like a ministry, SwampMama. Your students were truly fortunate to have you. I was brought to tears about the story of the little girl for whom you bought uniforms. No doubt, you made an indelible positive impact on her life.

After reading your post, it makes me hope all the more that precious Dontrell had at least one person in his life who put a smile on his face, if only for one day. :tears:

Wow, I am amazed by your insight and intuition because it is so very on target. I am not a churchgoing person (I find it boring) but I very much believed that I was serving God in my own way by nurturing and caring for my students. My classroom was my church in a way, where I taught God's love and principles by example. Of course I never preached or promoted a specific religion and often said I didn't have to bring God into my class because my children often did. Many of them attended church with their grandmas. It made me smile to see them when they wrote the word "him" as "Him" which they had seen in a bible.

I wish there was such a thing as fairy godmothers to watch over children who fall between the cracks,children who are at the mercy of parents that don't care,children who are lost in an overloaded social service system and other such tragedies.

We are just losing so many children to senseless tragedies and those who do survive a rough upbringing often just perpetuate the cycle.

I just wish I had more answers and solutions. I wish I were a fairy godmother.

from article linked above....

I sure hope this doesn't imply what it sounds like.....that the body was in separate pieces wrapped up.... How terribly sad... Poor Dontrell....:(

FWIW, I didn't get the impression they meant seperate pieces. My immediate thought was wrapped as in swaddled. Maybe in a blanket, towel, sheet?

Do we know if the current resident allowed LE to search inside the property? I'm just wondering if there is any evidence within the home which might further the investigation.

FWIW, I didn't get the impression they meant seperate pieces. My immediate thought was wrapped as in swaddled. Maybe in a blanket, towel, sheet?

Do we know if the current resident allowed LE to search inside the property? I'm just wondering if there is any evidence within the home which might further the investigation.

I read that and wondered if it isn't pointing to another similarity to the CA case.

Can you imagine if the current resident had decided to plant something in the yard. :eek:

I read that and wondered if it isn't pointing to another similarity to the CA case.

You're not alone with that thought. I'd almost bet on it. Especially since CA was acquitted in the same month Dontrell went missing.

While looking over "BabyDaddy's" facebook page I came across a post from July 2012 where he laments the death of someone (a friend, I guess) who was shot, saying that he was mad that he didnt get to spend time with him or tell him bye and that it was effed up that those effed up people shot him.

It's a shame he didn't care that much about his own flesh and blood. Did he not think it was effed up that he could so carelessly toss his innocent baby's body in the back yard, kick some dirt over him and party on as if nothing was amiss?

Meanwhile, over on BabyMama's page, in July 2011 (around the time Dontrell was last seen) her only status is a badly spelled comment wondering what is wrong with the world. But in December 2011 she proclaims that she is now engaged. Dontrell was long gone by then. I guess a live baby isn't a guarantee that your man will stay with you but a killer secret just might keep him around forever.

Then the next baby showed up about a year after Dontrell was gone. Was she thinking that she could just replace Dontrell and no one would be the wiser? No mention of what the new baby's name is or exactly when he arrived but it looks like August 2012.

Amazing that facebook is here to give us such insight into people's lives and hopefully to help put these 2 killers away for a long, long time.

Casey Anthony was acquitted on July 5. Now I'm going to cross reference that date to any of those in the pdf link and see what comes to light.

Well I can't find too much other than July is the last time anyone saw Dontrell. So I will assume that CA's acquittal being very early July, that just Dontrell could very easily have still been alive at that time. ( assumption, moo, imho, all that jazz) And I know everyone in the country watched that acquittal LIVE so I'm again assuming that also most folks in Florida saw that acquittal live or at the very least learned about it within a few hours of it happening.
So I do not think it is a stretch to think that Dontrell's parent(s) were possibly emboldened by the acquittal and thought CA got away with it, we have a good chance too.
But they made a big mistake that CA did not make...........they told where the body was .

Fl has a Sunshine Law that a allows them to make info public. Not sure what other states have it. If any. I learned about it in the Caylee case.

Wish all states had it.

Thank you for the explanation. I agree it should be nationwide.

Just found and read this entire thread.... my heart breaks.

:rose:

Wow, I am amazed by your insight and intuition because it is so very on target. I am not a churchgoing person (I find it boring) but I very much believed that I was serving God in my own way by nurturing and caring for my students. My classroom was my church in a way, where I taught God's love and principles by example. Of course I never preached or promoted a specific religion and often said I didn't have to bring God into my class because my children often did. Many of them attended church with their grandmas. It made me smile to see them when they wrote the word "him" as "Him" which they had seen in a bible.

I wish there was such a thing as fairy godmothers to watch over children who fall between the cracks,children who are at the mercy of parents that don't care,children who are lost in an overloaded social service system and other such tragedies.

We are just losing so many children to senseless tragedies and those who do survive a rough upbringing often just perpetuate the cycle.

I just wish I had more answers and solutions. I wish I were a fairy godmother.

I'm not religious but I was raised Christian and one of the ideas I liked best since I was a kid was the verse that starts something like, "As much as you do for the least of these" (God's creatures)...warm memories of people who served their God by "doing for" this Plain Jane when I felt empty and alone.

Thank you for reminding me. :hug:

I'm not religious but I was raised Christian and one of the ideas I liked best since I was a kid was the verse that starts something like, "As much as you do for the least of these" (God's creatures)...warm memories of people who served their God by "doing for" this Plain Jane when I felt empty and alone.

Thank you for reminding me. :hug:

For you, PlainJane...and SwampMama...

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers;
That you do unto me.

When I was hungry, you gave me to eat;
When I was thirsty, you gave me to drink.
Now enter into the home of My Father.

That you do unto me.

When I was homeless, you opened your door;
When I was naked, you gave me your coat.

That you do unto me.

When I was weary, you helped me find rest.
When I was anxious, you calmed all my fears.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers
That you do unto me.

:winkaway:

This case just eats at me. When I see his cute little chubby-cheeked face, I want to scream, "Give him to me! I will raise him." I know he is gone, but his face is so full of life and happy I can't really believe he is gone. It is just devastating. And if the guy used one of the lies that he dropped him off at a safe place, fire station, to the police as an explanation to where the baby was, then why didn't they just do that in the first place? Why kill him???

This case just eats at me. When I see his cute little chubby-cheeked face, I want to scream, "Give him to me! I will raise him." I know he is gone, but his face is so full of life and happy I can't really believe he is gone. It is just devastating. And if the guy used one of the lies that he dropped him off at a safe place, fire station, to the police as an explanation to where the baby was, then why didn't they just do that in the first place? Why kill him???

At this moment I do not think they decided one day to kill Dontrell. I think it was something that happened from neglect for a period of time or in the middle of one of their arguments.

I hate to see him become the forgotten child again.

A high-ranking Department of Children and Families official acknowledged that an email that said missing boy Dontrell Melvin was seen in October 2012 was a mistake.

The email released by DCF said that an investigator saw the child on Oct. 14, 2012, even though police have said he was last seen around July 2011.

"That was an error that was made,” said Pete Digre, DCF’s deputy secretary.

A child protective investigator made the mistake, he told NBC 6 South Florida.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Error-Was-Made-in-Email-About-Dontrell-Melvin-Department-of-Children-and-Families-Official-187373141.html

I'm looking at her facebook profile pics and the one of her in the white romper-style outfit. If you turn the photo to the side and actually look at it like it was intended to, you can see one person (I'm assuming it's her eldest child) sleeping on the ground, and what appears to be another child in a Spongebob shirt (I think it's Spongebob) sleeping on the bed. Lights are on, probably making noise while the kids are sleeping, etc.

What a great mother.

I'm looking at her facebook profile pics and the one of her in the white romper-style outfit. If you turn the photo to the side and actually look at it like it was intended to, you can see one person (I'm assuming it's her eldest child) sleeping on the ground, and what appears to be another child in a Spongebob shirt (I think it's Spongebob) sleeping on the bed. Lights are on, probably making noise while the kids are sleeping, etc.

What a great mother.

Good eye...makes me sad.

I think the many pictures of her flipping the bird pretty much sums up her attitude. She is (was) a mother of 3 and she spent her days taking pics of herself, getting tattoos and manicures.Meanwhile her children were living in squalor.
Her mother who had a filthy house and neglected kids was BS's role model. BS even had a tattoo with her mother's name.
Anyone notice that the tattoo that BS had of her own name was misspelled? Look at it and you will see that it actually says "Brittrey".

Is this the only Dontrell thread to date? I 'm so sorry I know I ask a lot of questions about the threads. I didnt' know at what point it might go to a different area and be called a ' criminal case' type instead of missing . Or will the same thread be moved or the title changed and this same link will be there? I want to follow the case of these gross parents.
I Just KNOW the mom s gonna say ' daddy beat me, he killed dontrell, he threatened me, etc. ' to try to get herself off.

Baby’s remains show no sign of blunt trauma, Hallandale Beach police chief says

The Broward Medical Examiner will perform DNA tests to confirm whether the bones belong to Dontrell Melvin, who disappeared more than 18 months ago.

A forensic anthropologist has pieced together about 90 percent of the tiny skeletal remains dug up from a shallow grave behind a Hallandale Beach home earlier this month, Police Chief Dwayne Flournoy said Friday.

The remains, believed to be those of Dontrell Melvin, who disappeared 18 months ago, show no obvious sign of trauma, Flournoy said.

“There was no indication that there was blunt force trauma or any kind of trauma,” he said.

A piece of the skeleton was sent Friday to the Broward Medical Examiner’s office to determine which DNA process to use in order to confirm whether the bones are Dontrell’s, who was 5 months old when last seen.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/25/3201093/babys-remains-show-no-sign-of.html#storylink=cpy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom
Back