FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, there is a great possibility that he has his hands full at the moment trying to hold his childrens's lives together
And again, I haven't seen a word about anyone not cooperating with LE

I don't think anyone is suggesting a lack of cooperation, just surprise at a lack of comment about his beautiful wife and a desire to see her killer found and brought to justice. To me, it's just unusual but I don't highlight it to suggest it means anything more than that

Not sure if it was mentioned before. I thought it may be interesting to post this, as it suggests possible/additional opportunity/motive
( bold and italics mine):

'Dr. Sievers believes in giving back to the community. She has several passions, most of which revolve around supporting the underserved: woman, children and homeless people in her community.'

http://www.drteresasievers.com/charities.php#.Va50eZXbKZM

[TABLE="align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: auto-style1, width: 79%"]'And lastly she works with Pastor Judy Lee and Pastor Judy Beaumont of The Good Shepherds Ministry of FM, FL which helps to get marginalized and homeless people basic housing needs and medical care. www.arcwp.org/ministry.html.'

[/TD]
[TD="class: auto-style2, width: 21%"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

https://judyabl.wordpress.com/2015/...nn-grace-sievers-july-6-2015-rev-dr-judy-lee/

'Teresa saw many of our homeless and destitute people for free. They had no insurance of any type. She literally gave her service away to and for them. Often this had to be done on a day’s notice as the window of opportunity for accepting subsidized housing is very short and other Doctor’s would never respond in that time, let alone at all some of the time. Yet, they needed a Doctor’s assessment of their need for housing. The same for Disability benefits. '

-Nin

BBM: More curiosity than anything, but it got me to wondering about law firms that handle disability cases. Do they have their own "preferred" doctors to whom they refer clients?

I would think in order to sell the practice it would be part of the estate, and thus would need to go through probate before anything is done. On the other hand, I don't know if the practice per se would have been part of her estate, one of the weird things that stuck out to me when I was looking at all the LLCs is the fact that the actual practice itself was the one LLC she'd been removed from but I'm not sure when

The change in LLC holdings, not long before the murder, had me wondering if Dr. Sievers even knew how her accounts were being handled. It's not unusual for a professional person to place their trust in a financial advisor and just "rubber stamp" documents, etc. This is a doctor who was working non-stop and, more than likely, left the financial aspects of the practice to someone she trusted. Depending upon the wording of the LLC's, having Dr. Sievers name on the corporation could result in the inability to sell any assets until the estate is probated. Removing her name from the LLC(s) before her death is a "fortunate" coincidence. jmho

BBM: More curiosity than anything, but it got me to wondering about law firms that handle disability cases. Do they have their own "preferred" doctors to whom they refer clients?

That's a real good question! I could imagine they have preferred doctors they work with, one reason being to fit the clients into a workable time schedule.

-Nin

Catching up:

1) a LPN is a license practical nurse, not a registered nurse. A LPN cannot prescribe anything. He can only take vital signs and history and answer phones, etc.

2) doctors sell practices all the time. There is nothing illegal, immoral or unethical about it. It prevents patient abandonment.

3) my DH's practice is a 9-11 million dollar practice. This has zero to do with his take home pay. I have no idea what mantra says about his, nor am I looking.

Something else...... Can't remember my last point...

I think we are talking about selling the patient list which appears to be illegal?

That's a real good question! I could imagine they have preferred doctors they work with, one reason being to fit the clients into a workable time schedule.

-Nin

Thank you. My next question is - Was the office staffed during the doctor's vacation or did calls go to a voicemail and/or an answering service? I know sometimes with small practices, the office will shut down for that week and let the caller know via voicemail that this is vacation week for the doctor and staff, we will return on XX date, and to report to the ER/urgent care for any emergency in the interim. That would clue in a caller as to when the good doctor would be arriving home. The only thing I can't reconcile is that it wouldn't guarantee she would be alone at home (and that's even if the murderer knew that for sure...some take risky/calculated risks for whatever pizzed him/her off).

They most assuredly do!

Unlike shareholders in a corporation, LLCs are not taxed as a separate business entity. Instead, all profits and losses are "passed through" the business to each member of the LLC. LLC members report profits and losses on their personal federal tax returns, just like the owners of a partnership would.
https://www.sba.gov/content/limited-liability-company-llc

Could this be why ?

Yes. Lots of opportunities for some not so ethical things

I know we have discussed the disgruntled patient angle, but with the disability info., I can see a few parties involved in that situation who would be extremely upset if a disability claim did not go through as expected (and most do take a couple of years, at best, I think).

In Georgia they they do. I'm not sure about Florida.

Thank you. My next question is - Was the office staffed during the doctor's vacation or did calls go to a voicemail and/or an answering service? I know sometimes with small practices, the office will shut down for that week and let the caller know via voicemail that this is vacation week for the doctor and staff, we will return on XX date, and to report to the ER/urgent care for any emergency in the interim. That would clue in a caller as to when the good doctor would be arriving home. The only thing I can't reconcile is that it wouldn't guarantee she would be alone at home (and that's even if the murderer knew that for sure...some take risky/calculated risks for whatever pizzed him/her off).
The pdf link from her site says her yearly closures are the week between Christmas and New Years and the 3rd week of July to reopen Monday July 29th (of 2013)

**whoa !! She did offer concierge services. I believe those patients would be due a prorated refund wouldn't they?

The pdf link from her site says her yearly closures are the week between Christmas and New Years and the 3rd week of July to reopen Monday July 29th (of 2013)

**whoa !! She did offer concierge services. I believe those patients would be due a prorated refund wouldn't they?

Good catch. Perhaps why MS needs to get another physician in there ASAP? I don't envy him. I agree that it must be extremely stressful trying to juggle grief, finances, his children's grief, arrangements, phone calls.

Every time I think I have a "fix" on what/who did this, I switch trains of thought. The only constant that I can find between it all is financial. So, right now, that's where I'm at..again. Finances have to be the impetus/nexus in this case.

Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott mentioned in one of his interviews ( @ newspress.com) that he would not share information, unless it benefits the case. So they are tight- lipped because it benefits the case not to say anything right now. So he is sitting on a mount of evidence and yet, not arrest(s) yet, no more updates yet, no media presence, nada.

Scott talked about the fascination of the case from a criminal investigation point of view. He throws in the prospect of books and movies. Why?
The case is full of "twists and turns", "multiple leads", "6 updates a day" ( a while back though). And yet, nothing is happening.

Could it possibly be that we are looking at a double event here? Two parties that do not necessarily know of each other? What I mean is, one party visited Dr Sievers, they had an argument, it gets volatile, she falls or gets killed. Then later, a burglary attempt or any other reason for a forced entry, perhaps to retrieve something they lost earlier in the week when being to the house before? They panic seeing the gruesome scene but leave prints and evidence behind? Now we have a load of evidence..

I am really "killing" time, while hoping for an update soon..

-Nin

Whatever LE has.. it is certainly taking a very long time to make an arrest
I really am beginning to wonder

-Nin

When I worked for a surgeon that had a pain clinic/physical therapy center there were & preferred attorneys that always handled the cases...

Should he be available to the media?

I would be making pleas to the public and trying to get as mush publicity as I could to help catch the perp,if it was my wife-The only way I wouldn't do this is if LE asked me not to and even than it better be for a good reason. I still think to be worrying about the business BEFORE arresting someone raises my hinky meter thru the roof--oh never mind about the roof

Should we be calling local media and asking them to give more coverage to the case and put updates if any

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I would be making pleas to the public and trying to get as mush publicity as I could to help catch the perp,if it was my wife-The only way I wouldn't do this is if LE asked me not to and even than it better be for a good reason. I still think to be worrying about the business BEFORE arresting someone raises my hinky meter thru the roof--oh never mind about the roof

I agree with you, but I dont know how I would handle the stress of the massive financial aspect of this case though either...hes probably just trying to keep it together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState