FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see nothing wrong with MS doing what he can to keep the business afloat.
Yes it will be very very difficult to replace Dr. Sievers. But I would guess the majority of her patient list were those who prioritize their health and want a physician who takes a holistic approach. These types of physicians are rare, so if they can find one with a similar approach I would guess most of the patients would stay on.

There is nothing nefarious about MS trying to continue this business.
There is nothing nefarious about MS being under "unbearable stress" - that is normal IMO
There is nothing nefarious about MS and the girls staying in CT while the doctor came home to look after patients.
There is nothing wrong with setting up a account to help a family who just lost their mother and income source
There are no facts that would lead us to believe MS is weird or odd.
There are no facts that would lead us to believe any of her employees/ co- workers are weird or odd. Just that they have a different view on health and wellness than most.

None of this rules anyone out. I just feel most of the discussion here is leading down the wrong rabbit hole. That's all. JMO. IMO. MOO

My point to you is this -- when a Doctor leaves a practice (dies, retires, etc.) there are strict laws that protect the patient in the United States that must be followed. If a Doctor sells his or her practice, a patient can choose to transfer their records to a new doctor elsewhere or stay with the practice and the Doctor that bought it.

The new Doctor does not get the Patient List automatically unless each patient has decided to stay. And, there is also a timeframe of thirty (30) days for the transfer of records that must be done. My apologies if I was too quick in pointing out the correct information.

And my point is this: That's what I said in my original post. We agree.

So back to TS's practice

MS thinks its worth something. He is trying to keep it running, trying to or has hired another doctor
Does that mean he , MS, is still owner and the new doctor works for him or does he become an employee?

It would all depend on what MS wanted to do? He may just hire someone, sell a percentage or contract a doc. moo

Has anyone heard if the DEA or FDA are involved in the investigation?

Catching up:

1) a LPN is a license practical nurse, not a registered nurse. A LPN cannot prescribe anything. He can only take vital signs and history and answer phones, etc.

2) doctors sell practices all the time. There is nothing illegal, immoral or unethical about it. It prevents patient abandonment.

3) my DH's practice is a 9-11 million dollar practice. This has zero to do with his take home pay. I have no idea what mantra says about his, nor am I looking.

Something else...... Can't remember my last point...

I was wondering about this exact thing. I was hoping we could find out who the transfer to other agency meant.

I really think it just means that it was transferred to the State Police/Florida Bureau of Investigation....the county sheriff wouldnt be the prime on this due the state having more resources...moo

[COLOR="#000000"]I see nothing wrong with MS doing what he can to keep the business afloat. [/COLOR]
Yes it will be very very difficult to replace Dr. Sievers. But I would guess the majority of her patient list were those who prioritize their health and want a physician who takes a holistic approach. These types of physicians are rare, so if they can find one with a similar approach I would guess most of the patients would stay on.

There is nothing nefarious about MS trying to continue this business.
There is nothing nefarious about MS being under "unbearable stress" - that is normal IMO
There is nothing nefarious about MS and the girls staying in CT while the doctor came home to look after patients.
There is nothing wrong with setting up a account to help a family who just lost their mother and income source
There are no facts that would lead us to believe MS is weird or odd.
There are no facts that would lead us to believe any of her employees/ co- workers are weird or odd. Just that they have a different view on health and wellness than most.

None of this rules anyone out. I just feel most of the discussion here is leading down the wrong rabbit hole. That's all. JMO. IMO. MOO

BBM I see this as a natural thing to do especially to keep his wife's dream alive of helping individuals in a holistic way. I think that if he can keep the business going I would imagine that his wife had many Practitioner contacts from conferences, etc. and hopefully one of them can step in and continue the practice that Dr. Sievers strongly believed in. In my view, if he is able to do this, then it will be a loving tribute to his wife as the business will continue caring for and helping patients the way Dr. Sievers did. Yes, another practitioner will be there however the ideas of the practice will remain. Perhaps down the road, one of Dr. Sievers' daughters will want to be part of the Practice.

I really think it just means that it was transferred to the State Police/Florida Bureau of Investigation....the county sheriff wouldnt be the prime on this due the state having more resources...moo

In all states cases the local police jurisdiction remains in control of the ongoing investigation since the case will be tried in that county should an arrest be made.

Now the local Sheriff can ask for assistances from the DEA or the Florida Bureau of Investigation or even from the FBI. That often happens in just about all cases. If it was transferred then the local sheriff had to ask for the transfer but I have never seen any case solely passed off to another agency. The only time I have seen that happen is when they bring in the FBI who is going to try the case on a federal level.

IMO

it takes us 2 years to find a new doctor, but we don't live in nearly as desirable area as TS did. Yes, we have the problem with new doctors: they are lazy, don't hustle (meaning they don't have a strong work ethic in general), want high pay for low hours (magical thinking), don't want to take call (are you freaking kidding me).

BBM I see this as a natural thing to do especially to keep his wife's dream alive of helping individuals in a holistic way. I think that if he can keep the business going I would imagine that his wife had many Practitioner contacts from conferences, etc. and hopefully one of them can step in and continue the practice that Dr. Sievers strongly believed in. In my view, if he is able to do this, then it will be a loving tribute to his wife as the business will continue caring for and helping patients the way Dr. Sievers did. Yes, another practitioner will be there however the ideas of the practice will remain. Perhaps down the road, one of Dr. Sievers' daughters will want to be part of the Practice.

Beautiful thoughts and wishes if his wife died of cancer or a massive heart attack.

But right now he needs to be putting time and energy into helping the investigation of his wife's horrific murder. Maybe he is and we don't know about it. We don't know because he seems to be not available to the media.

Has anyone heard if the DEA or FDA are involved in the investigation?

IMPORTANT QUESTION I certainly think the media could find this out. NIN thought maybe it was from county to county because of the date of the incident. But do we really know?

In all states cases the local police jurisdiction remains in control of the ongoing investigation since the case will be tried in that county should an arrest be made.

Now the local Sheriff can ask for assistances from the DEA or the Florida Bureau of Investigation or even from the FBI. That often happens in just about all cases. If it was transferred then the local sheriff had to ask for the transfer but I have never seen any case solely passed off to another agency. The only time I have seen that happen is when they bring in the FBI who is going to try the case on a federal level.

IMO

True enough -- it is their case...it could have been sent off to the States Atty...but they are always involved anyway so really that leaves FBI (Federal). I guess what I am getting at is that I dont think its anything that is out of the ordinary...thats all. jmo

Beautiful thoughts and wishes if his wife died of cancer or a massive heart attack.

But right now he needs to be putting time and energy into helping the investigation of his wife's horrific murder. Maybe he is and we don't know about it. We don't know because he seems to be not available to the media.

As you say.. we do not know what he has or hasn't done to help
Perhaps LE has asked that he not speak to media
Just because we are not hearing his words does not mean he isn't talking

I was wondering about this exact thing. I was hoping we could find out who the transfer to other agency meant.
Personally I'm not a believer in the anti aging movement. How can a doctor be "certified" on aging when the AMA and American Board of Medical Specialties don't even recognize its certifications?
Unless it has changed recently, it is illegal to prescribe bioidentical and/or hgh for anti-aging purposes.
It sure seems like that is exactly what she was doing.
Aging is not a disease, it's a process. I would imagine that some agency is looking into her practice to see what her standard of care was and what she was promoting to her patients.
Moo

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...33e8ec-f4f5-11e4-84a6-6d7c67c50db0_story.html

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/28/health/age-youth-treatment-medication/

http://hghwatch.com/

IMPORTANT QUESTION I certainly think the media could find this out. NIN thought maybe it was from county to county because of the date of the incident. But do we really know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState