FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope MS and those close to the doctor had something to do with her murder. Because you guys are absolutely crucifying them. It would be a shame if they were all innocent in this.

I actually feel like we are being extremely fair and balanced about all the people surrounding this case. The last thing anyone wants is a loved one responsible for her murder.

Does TS own the building where she practiced?
No. It's a Large Medical Building as someone said. She had relatively small offices...since she didn't have paper files...no need for large storage areas.

Wendy, how do you know this?

Also, is anyone here very worried about the well being of TS's children (& pets) or is it just me right now? You know, with all of that reported "unbearable stress" which I hope really meant unbearable sadness. Sadness in this situation seems more understandable--but stress? Not so sure.

....worried about those kiddies.....

Stress? Absolutely and without doubt I'd be stressed in addition to grieving!
He has to think about supporting his family now that the main earner is gone. I don't know the urgency of that; I'd like to think there was not only life insurance on each parent, but business insurance, also. Business insurance exists for this reason among others- the death of a principal. I have no idea if they had savings, investments, life insurance, business insurance, mortgage payments, car payment, office rent, staff wages, utilities, food...

Absolutely stress! I understand wanting to get the practice back up and running because for one thing, everything is already in place but for lack of an MD. To me, it makes sense. I know TS was the heart and soul of that practice, but for practical purposes at this moment, another doctor is needed.

Agreed and not to mention, who would want to come on board while there remains questions as to what happened, particularly the why and who of what happened. It would be like putting yourself in the hornets nest.

An opportunist would see an incredible opportunity here. :whistle:

We don't know what their financial situation is.
The practice may have made a lot of money, but how much did they owe?
He may be responsible for the lease.
Though grieving, he may be forced to look at practical things , like supporting his family and keeping a roof over their head

Stress? Absolutely and without doubt I'd be stressed in addition to grieving!
He has to think about supporting his family now that the main earner is gone. I don't know the urgency of that; I'd like to think there was not only life insurance on each parent, but business insurance, also. Business insurance exists for this reason among others- the death of a principal. I have no idea if they had savings, investments, life insurance, business insurance, mortgage payments, car payment, office rent, staff wages, utilities, food...

Absolutely stress! I understand wanting to get the practice back up and running because for one thing, everything is already in place but for lack of an MD. To me, it makes sense. I know TS was the heart and soul of that practice, but for practical purposes at this moment, another doctor is needed.

Truly, I know zero about this, but why would a doctor want to buy the practice ?What does a doctor get that s/he could not get just by opening up his/her practice in the same leased space?

Truly, I know zero about this, but why would a doctor want to buy the practice ?What does a doctor get that s/he could not get just by opening up his/her practice in the same leased space?

Her clientele. And office stuff. And she was so loved by her patients most of them will probably move on to someone else.

Most billing software has the patient records (paper documentation etc.) scanned in, or that's the way it was done in most of the places that I worked...but since they did not file with insurance I do not know what kind of software they could have been using?

I honestly don't see how any Dr could come in and replace Dr Sievers. She seemed to have a very powerful connection with her clients that only she could have.

Her clientele. And office stuff. And she was so loved by her patients most of them will probably move on to someone else.

I have to reiterate that I know ZERO. I have seen websites that say, "We do not sell your information to others," or something close to that.

I would feel like a piece of furniture if I thought my doctor could sell his patient list. My doc did quit a few years ago, and I went and got my own different doctor. There was no recommendation.

I have to reiterate that I know ZERO. I have seen websites that say, "We do not sell your information to others," or something close to that.

I would feel like a piece of furniture if I thought my doctor could sell his patient list. My doc did quit a few years ago, and I went and got my own different doctor. There was no recommendation.

I agree, its a choice i would want to make for myself.
I think some patients would move on, but some may stay, a choice they make.
I don't know how any of that works, with private health records etc.
My dentist sold his practice several years ago, I decided to stay. IIRC, I signed something to give access to my health information

Most billing software has the patient records (paper documentation etc.) scanned in, or that's the way it was done in most of the places that I worked...but since they did not file with insurance I do not know what kind of software they could have been using?
I don't know the specific type..but I can tell you she entered all of her notes in on the spot, lab work was entered in some how because during our appointments there was a checklist in it with numerous colored flags alerting her to changes in my stats...blood pressure, changes in lab work like cholesterol, and areas maybe that she had flagged from previous appointment...like diet changes etc. It seemed like a very efficient way to treat a patient...

Helper9693 if you had to go back now would you go back there to Dr Sievers replacement or would you shop around for a new one?

I'm really not swayed by the "unbearable stress" comment. To me it actually makes sense in this instance to say stress over sadness. Because the truth of the matter is this. The show must go on even in times of sadness and while a lot of people would bow out and let others handle things. This was THEIR business, he was the manager (slash owner?) Something created by them and something they both were passionate about. Any good businessman/husband would do what ever it takes to ensure his wife's life work continued on in some capacity. Putting their sadness on the backburner, unable to mourn the loss of his wife in the present moments-to me that would cause me unbearable stress. JMO and I'm currently saying everyone is suspect until LE says other wise. Plenty of stuff makes my hinky meter ding but that phrase is not one.

Oh you can absolutely sell your patient list. Just like any business can sell their email list. Happens all the time. I know quite a few doctors and other health care practitioners who have moved or retired and sold their practice/patient list. Doesn't mean anyone is required to stay as a patient.
I would say there is still some value with TS practice.
Of course I guess I am basing that on the Canadian health care system where doctors are really hard to come by. Does anyone know how difficult it is to get a new Doctor in Florida?

I would think in order to sell the practice it would be part of the estate, and thus would need to go through probate before anything is done. On the other hand, I don't know if the practice per se would have been part of her estate, one of the weird things that stuck out to me when I was looking at all the LLCs is the fact that the actual practice itself was the one LLC she'd been removed from but I'm not sure when

There is a system in place called Locum https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locum

However, this is an EXPENSIVE deal meaning one has to pay the finder a lot. For general surgeons it can be $30,000 plus, so those companies make out big time.

In this case it would have to be a more uniquely qualified individual to keep this office rolling. Sometimes the locum does such a great job they land up staying it all depends on the situation.

That is what I meant by rent-a-doc! But I did not know any company's name. Thanks!

I would think in order to sell the practice it would be part of the estate, and thus would need to go through probate before anything is done. On the other hand, I don't know if the practice per se would have been part of her estate, one of the weird things that stuck out to me when I was looking at all the LLCs is the fact that the actual practice itself was the one LLC she'd been removed from but I'm not sure when

Does anyone know why this would be done?

<modsnip>

Totally unrelated to this specific case, but if a husband is murdered the wife is usually considered first, at least until she's ruled out. Love affairs, financial shenanigans, jealousy, child molestation, custody issues, spousal abuse may not be pleasant for victim family members to read about, but we're allowed to consider those motives as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur