FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be surprised but all doctors don't keep patients records on computers. For a great many reasons, like unreliability and confidentiality.
True, that is a possibility. I was responding to statements that LE had collected the computers. I don't know if LE ever collected the paper files of the patients.

You might be surprised but all doctors don't keep patients records on computers. For a great many reasons, like unreliability and confidentiality.

It is however becoming a requirement in most states. In Michigan, physicians were given a stipend to help encourage the move to electronic records because that change is very expensive. Also, if you did not convert to electronic records your insurance reimbursement was decreased after the time period allowed for the change. Many incentives were made to get the doctors going in the electronic direction. For young doctors it is not a problem but for the older ones it was a lot of trial and error situations let alone frustrating for some.

Isn't Teresa's sister a doctor too?

Yes, I believe one of her sisters is an ER physician and the other a professor of psychology at UCLA. Very accomplished siblings and I am hoping they are being kept informed of where this is all going for their dear sister.

Normally, it can take months for a practice to get a new doctor on board. The financial arrangements, possibly relocating, spending time with the other doctors to make sure it is a decent fit. Is MS hiring a rent-a-doc until a real search & hiring can take place? Very strange for a single practice physician, IMO. Would the new doc answer to MS, who is not a doctor? Would a new doc be obligated to try to sell the same products as Dr. Sievers? Kind of a problematic situation for a new doc, if you ask me.

There is a system in place called Locum https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locum

However, this is an EXPENSIVE deal meaning one has to pay the finder a lot. For general surgeons it can be $30,000 plus, so those companies make out big time.

In this case it would have to be a more uniquely qualified individual to keep this office rolling. Sometimes the locum does such a great job they land up staying it all depends on the situation.

I also want to add if MS thinks he can sell this practice I think it is going to be an extremely hard sell because Teresa was the practice. There is no one that can replace her. Patients will move on and IMO a potential physician looking for a practice like hers will see this.

Normally, it can take months for a practice to get a new doctor on board. The financial arrangements, possibly relocating, spending time with the other doctors to make sure it is a decent fit. Is MS hiring a rent-a-doc until a real search & hiring can take place? Very strange for a single practice physician, IMO. Would the new doc answer to MS, who is not a doctor? Would a new doc be obligated to try to sell the same products as Dr. Sievers? Kind of a problematic situation for a new doc, if you ask me.

Agreed and not to mention, who would want to come on board while there remains questions as to what happened, particularly the why and who of what happened. It would be like putting yourself in the hornets nest.

I also want to add if MS thinks he can sell this practice I think it is going to be an extremely hard sell because Teresa was the practice. There is no one that can replace her. Patients will move on and IMO a potential physician looking for a practice like hers will see this.

Yep. And employees don't hire the boss.

Does TS own the building where she practiced?

"Hoskins worked as*Sievers’ assistant for seven years, consulting with patients after they met with the doctor. She now works for another doctor across the hall."

Consulting? Nope. Sorry, as a nurse I do not do that. That word... CONSULT. I consult with the doctors, not the patients. It might as well say "sell". Imo
Teach, discuss, reiterate- discharge instructions, verify a patient understands the doctors orders? Yes. Its conflict of interest there. Patients health needs vs marketing products.

Jmo

SH never sold me one thing...or even suggested any supplement. But she did do all the things you mentioned "Teach, discuss, reiterate- discharge instructions, verify a patient understands the doctors orders" Dr Sievers talked really fast sometimes and appointments were jam packed with discussion and information exchange...after 45 minutes of that it was helpful to go over everything with SH before I left so I understood what to do once I got home.

What exactly would a doctor get from the practice? Is there equipment?

Italicized and Underlined by Me:

Hmmm...

RE: The part where "Failure to do so may subject the physician to disciplinary action."

Unfortunately.. there is no physician to subject disciplinary action to, in this case...

Maybe someone will use this as a loophole?

:dunno:

Perhaps the practice as a whole is responsible. Surely there are provisions for the death of a doctor! In this case, I think it's just that LE has the computers? I know they took the home computer, did they also take them from the practice? If LE has the computers, that's a problem LE has to deal with in my opinion. Unfortunately, that doesn't help the husband.

SH never sold me one thing...or even suggested any supplement. But she did do all the things you mentioned "Teach, discuss, reiterate- discharge instructions, verify a patient understands the doctors orders" Dr Sievers talked really fast sometimes and appointments were jam packed with discussion and information exchange...after 45 minutes of that it was helpful to go over everything with SH before I left so I understood what to do once I got home.

My doctor is with a hospital system. He did recommend some vitamins to take, Not a brand, however. They even have a pharmacy at the clinic, but I am not encouraged to use it, although I do.

We know Doctor TS was totally into supplements and hormones. Also the other aspects that she recommends such as LS. So how do those happen if not at the visit?

If

Good,I am happy to hear that!! That makes me feel better.
I have zero respect for doctors who are more interested in making money off their patients than helping them.

Perhaps the practice as a whole is responsible. Surely there are provisions for the death of a doctor! In this case, I think it's just that LE has the computers? I know they took the home computer, did they also take them from the practice? If LE has the computers, that's a problem LE has to deal with in my opinion. Unfortunately, that doesn't help the husband.

The records are not in a particular computer. They have to be on some kind of accessible system. It only makes sensr

I really hope MS and those close to the doctor had something to do with her murder. <modsnip> It would be a shame if they were all innocent in this.

So likely she leased the premises.
I wonder if a lease has a death clause in it.
Or is the practice on the hook til it expires
Did she lease it personally or did the business lease it?

I would think that computer data would be backed up. That MS , as office Manager, would have access to those records. Now whether he has the legal right to distribute them to patients I don't know. He is a licensed LPN...so there's that. Not sure that makes a difference.

I really hope MS and those close to the doctor had something to do with her murder. Because you guys are absolutely crucifying them. It would be a shame if they were all innocent in this.

How? Because we are curious why records are not available, a new unknown doc is on board, and there is no comment about the records?

I guess because LE seems to feel there is no danger to others, one gets the sense that the murderer is someone that knew her or at the very least, had a personal grudge against her.
Its hard to look outside of the immediate circle

I don't see anyone being crucified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members