FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dr now does the charting right in the room as she examines so its all on the computer. Maybe Helper9693 could tell us if this is the way Dr Sievers did it. LE took the computers. So the records may have been on them.

At the end of your visits, you will be given a typed copy of your note, your labs/other tests and if needed prescriptions. Your note contains details on your treatment plan. Please review this as many of your questions are answered in this note. Please save these medical records as you may make copies for your other physicians.
http://www.drteresasievers.com/new-patient.php#.Va3YmnPD_qA

My Dr now does the charting right in the room as she examines so its all on the computer. Maybe Helper9693 could tell us if this is the way Dr Sievers did it. LE took the computers. So the records may have been on them.

My DR. Does the same but if LE took the comuters,they would still need a soepena because of hippa,right?

At the end of your visits, you will be given a typed copy of your note, your labs/other tests and if needed prescriptions. Your note contains details on your treatment plan. Please review this as many of your questions are answered in this note. Please save these medical records as you may make copies for your other physicians.

Sounds like what I get when I leave. So Im guessing that LE have the medical records on the computer. Might be why people are having a hard time getting them. What I don't know is if hard copies are printed out to put in a file. Surely they do so a patient should be able to get their files even if LE have the puter . jmo

In looking over Dr Sievers' fees at the above link, it occurred to me that the bulk of the money that Dr Sievers brought into the practice will no longer be there, as the new doctor would be collecting whatever fees he/she charges, or at the very least, what the practice would pay him/her. Dr Sievers' fees were quite high IMO, and without that money going directly into the practice, I'm wondering how financially successful it will be without her.

I'm not sure how accurate this is.
Manta shows practice was established in 2005 Current estimates show an annual revenue of $1 to 2.5 million
With 5 to 9 employees.

Now I get the million dollar request. Basically what the practice brought in during a year.
Moo

Because he doesn't actually have a replacement yet so he has no name to provide. I'm sure it must be hard to find someone on such short notice, and especially while being unbearably stressed and all..

Eta that last part seems harsh, I apologize (sort of) it's just a little shocking

Not harsh at all. If my SO, the father of my two young children, was murdered, I would probably still be sedated, hardly able to get through the day. Collecting funds for my children and looking for a new doctor wouldn't even cross my mind.

Not harsh at all. If my SO, the father of my two young children, was murdered, I would probably still be sedated, hardly able to get through the day. Collecting funds for my children and looking for a new doctor wouldn't even cross my mind.

I agree.If this happened to my wife,I would want desperately to find out who was responsible and I would try to take matters into my own hands

She did do that. Everything was on computer.The only things in her hands when she came in was my lab work and a pen. I was looking at some of her notes and drawings on the back of my lab work the other night...fond memories of her trying to explain to me how the human body works. Smiley faces written in the moment...next to my lower cholesterol numbers. She was a character.
Looking back I realize all they had to do was hit print to give me my "records". Still, it was a nice gesture, I thought.

She did do that. Everything was on computer.The only things in her hands when she came in was my lab work and a pen. I was looking at some of her notes and drawings on the back of my lab work the other night...fond memories of her trying to explain to me how the human body works. Smiley faces written in the moment...next to my lower cholesterol numbers. She was a character.
Looking back I realize all they had to do was hit print to give me my "records". Still, it was a nice gesture, I thought.

1 thanks for sharing your memories with us She seems like a nice women.We need and we will get JUSTICE for her.

I'm not sure how accurate this is.
Manta shows practice was established in 2005 Current estimates show an annual revenue of $1 to 2.5 million
With 5 to 9 employees.

Now I get the million dollar request. Basically what the practice brought in during a year.
Moo

Just a warning about Manta: A relative opened a residential care facility for the elderly. I did the marketing and advertising and discovered that Manta had it listed as a beauty salon. I wrote and wrote and they would not change it. I don't know where they got that info to begin with. Manta suggested that if we subscribed, we could input whatever information we wanted. Uh, no.

There is another site that lists similar income info. (from her previous practice)
Seems like a lot of $ for a small practice, so I'm not sold either.
No way I'd join either! Sounds like they post incorrect info to force people to join to change it.
nice.
Moo

I missed this new update on NBC-2 today.. part of the new development?

'Last week, many people who used to see Dr. Sievers received an email from her husband, Mark, informing them the medical practice would go on and the search for a “like-minded” doctor was underway.'

'Hoskins said she was surprised when patients began reaching out to her after they were having problems getting their medical records transferred from Sievers’ old office.'

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29591904...-to-patients-practice-will-go-on#.Va21XpXbKZM

-Nin

I would say this announcement is shocking, but I would be lying. A scenario like this was what I predicted early in the investigation. For me it was a question of seeing whether 1 or 2 key players would be moving forward with the lucrative cash business. IMO the like-minded doctor will be a figurehead (needed to write RX). I think the big money will be centered around alternative treatments, supplements, speaking engagements, videos and endorsement residuals. That is where the "easy" money is made. jmho

Section 456.057(5), Florida Statutes. Nevertheless, the physician must, upon request, furnish the patient or its legal representative with a copy of "all reports and records relating to [the patient's] examination or treatment...(other than AIDS, mental, and substance abuse records)," although a psychiatrist or psychologist may substitute a report of the examination in lieu of the medical record. Section 456.057(4), Florida Statutes.

If a patient requests a copy of his/her medical records, it is very important that the physician provide the patient with a complete copy of all the records, which would include, at a minimum, patient histories; examination results; test results; records of drugs prescribed, dispensed, or administered; reports of consultations and hospitalizations; and copies of records or reports or other documentation obtained from other health care practitioners at the request of the physician and relied upon by the physician in determining the appropriate treatment of the patient, even those records obtained from another physician. Section 456.057(4) and (13), Florida Statutes, Rule 64B8-9.003(3), Florida Administrative Code. Failure to do so may subject the physician to disciplinary action.

Moreover, a physician must release copies of the medical record to parties authorized by the patient, and the physician must release copies of the record, even if not authorized to do so by the patient, if the records have been subpoenaed for a deposition, evidentiary hearing, or trial. Section 456.057(5), Florida Statutes.

Good to know. :)

Italicized and Underlined by Me:

Hmmm...

RE: The part where "Failure to do so may subject the physician to disciplinary action."

Unfortunately.. there is no physician to subject disciplinary action to, in this case...

Maybe someone will use this as a loophole?

:dunno:

Hmm... I worked for a pain clinic once. They offered counselling and Reiki as well as biofeedback and physical therapy. Patients had to go through hoops just to get their meds. When they did decide to leave it was next to impossible to get the Dr to release their records.
That was my first clue something was hinky with this Dr.
Medical records should be provided to patients with in 72 hours or 3 business days. Imo
What
I also wonder about this supplement business she had in her website. Its just my opinion, but I don't believe that Doctors should be selling supplements or Amway or anything else to their patients for profit.
More and more are doing it so...
I don't know, maybe it isn't as bad as I think it is.
Moo

Oh it's probably worse than you think it is. Consider for a moment that the only 2 medically licensed members on staff are no longer there, so they are keeping a doctor's office open (and withholding patient records) when the practice cannot be legally licensed). They will need, at a minimum, a doctor and a nurse. But, I don't really think they care. It's my belief they will go down the path of nutritional counseling, reiki and self-healing. :moo:

I would think this would be easily relayed by MS....

For instance: "We must wait for LE to release the files before we can provide them to the patients."

But he said "No Comment"?....

:waitasec:

"Hoskins worked as*Sievers’ assistant for seven years, consulting with patients after they met with the doctor. She now works for another doctor across the hall."

Consulting? Nope. Sorry, as a nurse I do not do that. That word... CONSULT. I consult with the doctors, not the patients. It might as well say "sell". Imo
Teach, discuss, reiterate- discharge instructions, verify a patient understands the doctors orders? Yes. Its conflict of interest there. Patients health needs vs marketing products.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member