FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, so HER loyal assistant flees the practice the first day (WHY DOES SHE FEEL THE NEED TO GET AWAY FROM THEM ALL SO FAST?) Dr. Sievers' patients start calling her bc they can't get their records (WHO EXACTLY IS CALLING THE SHOTS AND WHY WONT THEY RELEASE RECORDS?). The former assistant doesn't mind being quoted in the newspaper sounding pretty P.O.'ed about it (I would be too), also pointing out that they'd be hard pressed to find someone like Dr. sievers. AND YET... They already have.
The only reason I can think of for not wanting to release records is they are trying to avoid bleeding the business, and that since they have a replacement starting AS SOON AS NEXT WEEK, they believe they can avoid losing as many patients. BUT THEN...wouldn't it build more trust to announce who the new doc is??? WHY REFUSE TO DO SO? Beyond strange.

it sends a message to me that the practice was first and foremost a for-profit business. Which is not that unusual for a doctors office, except for all the hype so far about the practice has been dripping in Schmaltz

Maybe not announcing the identity of the new doctor is because they do not have a new doctor (yet), just trying to stall patients from getting their medical records and moving on. Just a thought. If someone has been hired then why keep it secret?

ETA- LvsAMystry, we read each others minds!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

it sends a message to me that the practice was first and foremost a for-profit business. Which is not that unusual for a doctors office, except for all the hype so far about the practice has been dripping in Schmaltz
Bingo! It's not like elementary school! Replace Miss Brown with Miss Green and the students have no say so.
I'll find my own new Dr. Thanks...
Moo

I changed Doctors in 2014, stopped in one day to request my records be sent from Dr. Sievers to my new Doctor and sign the permission form. Staff told me to hang on for just a minute they would make a copy of my records that I could take with me...they said "because some times the record requests take a while to get sent to your new Doctor" and they didn't want me to get to my first appointment and have no records for the new Doctor to look at...I thought that was REALLY nice...
After that interview I'm guessing SH's position across the hall must be a little more permanent...for some reason I thought I read she was just going to assist the other Doctor in his office while he helped Dr Sievers patients for a 30 day period (as a professional courtesy)...as they found new physicians....hmmmm

The hubby doesn't realize yet that there is no more practice which has my hinky-meter blaring!

Sick patients don't want to go to an office whereby they think about their now murdered doctor and the "who dunnit".

It's over. An office manager, a massage intuologist, and a substitute fill-in does not a practice make.

Shocking that some in her circle haven't figured out that the good doctor's practice is now defunct. Game over!

I changed Doctors in 2014, stopped in one day to request my records be sent from Dr. Sievers to my new Doctor and sign the permission form. Staff told me to hang on for just a minute they would make a copy of my records that I could take with me...they said "because some times the record requests take a while to get sent to your new Doctor" and they didn't want me to get to my first appointment and have no records for the new Doctor to look at...I thought that was REALLY nice...
After that interview I'm guessing SH's position across the hall must be a little more permanent...for some reason I thought I read she was just going to assist the other Doctor in his office while he helped Dr Sievers patients for a 30 day period (as a professional courtesy)...as they found new physicians....hmmmm

That was courteous of the practice in 2014.

I see it as; SH has had to go out and find herself a new position, TMK she didn't set up a page, I feel she used her nowse and whether she stays across the corridor or moves on is not relevant to me or the case IMO. She is doing as she said "helping TS patients…..as they find new physicians".

The hubby doesn't realize yet that there is no more practice which has my hinky-meter blaring!

Sick patients don't want to go to an office whereby they think about their now murdered doctor and the "who dunnit".

It's over. An office manager, a massage intuologist, and a substitute fill-in does not a practice make.

Shocking that some in her circle haven't figured out that the good doctor's practice is now defunct. Game over!

I really wish I could double thank your post.

Unless they feel the need of an M.D. for the plaque on the wall and the RX pad in the desk only. The rest, the East meets West can carry on as usual

Hmm... I worked for a pain clinic once. They offered counselling and Reiki as well as biofeedback and physical therapy. Patients had to go through hoops just to get their meds. When they did decide to leave it was next to impossible to get the Dr to release their records.
That was my first clue something was hinky with this Dr.
Medical records should be provided to patients with in 72 hours or 3 business days. Imo
What
I also wonder about this supplement business she had in her website. Its just my opinion, but I don't believe that Doctors should be selling supplements or Amway or anything else to their patients for profit.
More and more are doing it so...
I don't know, maybe it isn't as bad as I think it is.
Moo

No, it is as bad as you think :( I realize that medical doctors get perks from pharmaceutical companies for prescribing their products and I consider that just as heinous. I want to know what the best medicine (if needed) for my problem and not whatever is popular at the moment or whatever the pharmco wants to unload. I'm not a conspiracy nut, but I do recognize sneaky business practices. You know, if it was an educational extra cost thing or a decorator extra cost thing, or rug thing or a plumbing thing, I still wouldn't like it, but it wouldn't kill me.

Dealing with people's bodies, minds and emotions when they're vulnerable does not make them ripe for the picking. Oh, wait! That's exactly what some people prey on - vulnerable people in pain and desperate for relief and healing.

So, I agree it's a bad thing to get any kind of kickback or perk by "pushing" equipment, garments or supplements, gym memberships or howl-at-the-moon art naked art classes.

Edited to correct my ignorant sounding typo: lol "a educational" hyuk hyuk hyuk - seriously I do know how to speak and write

We reached out to Mark Sievers about the status of the patients' medical records. He told us he had no comment.

That was courteous of the practice in 2014.

"whether she stays across the corridor or moves on is not relevant to me or the case IMO. She is doing as she said "helping TS patients…..as they find new physicians".

That remains to be seen...IMO

Section 456.057(5), Florida Statutes. Nevertheless, the physician must, upon request, furnish the patient or its legal representative with a copy of "all reports and records relating to [the patient's] examination or treatment...(other than AIDS, mental, and substance abuse records)," although a psychiatrist or psychologist may substitute a report of the examination in lieu of the medical record. Section 456.057(4), Florida Statutes.

If a patient requests a copy of his/her medical records, it is very important that the physician provide the patient with a complete copy of all the records, which would include, at a minimum, patient histories; examination results; test results; records of drugs prescribed, dispensed, or administered; reports of consultations and hospitalizations; and copies of records or reports or other documentation obtained from other health care practitioners at the request of the physician and relied upon by the physician in determining the appropriate treatment of the patient, even those records obtained from another physician. Section 456.057(4) and (13), Florida Statutes, Rule 64B8-9.003(3), Florida Administrative Code. Failure to do so may subject the physician to disciplinary action.

Moreover, a physician must release copies of the medical record to parties authorized by the patient, and the physician must release copies of the record, even if not authorized to do so by the patient, if the records have been subpoenaed for a deposition, evidentiary hearing, or trial. Section 456.057(5), Florida Statutes.

Good to know. :)

Wow, the deeper the pile gets! This hubby is the one who was breaking down in the street just a few weeks ago, (BS on that), and now he has the office already set to reopen Monday.

Wonder if SH is coming back as the new doctor's assistant?

Wonder if the lady who first started the account is going to be the "new doctor"? Yes, she has her own business, however, she may be a special friend to Mark. Does this kind of doctor's office have to have a licensed MD?

Just a side note, there are companies that work like temporary staffing who can furnish doctors. Now whether they have one in TS's field, I don't know.

Well now that's refreshing to hear! :) I had one dr. flat out refuse (I was too naive and intimidated years ago) and one charged me $40 for copying. It's not like a had a huge file, either :(

Say, we're appreciative that you chose to be verified, and at the same time, I feel sad that you'll be reading some of this stuff because I have a big mouth sometimes. :(

Is it possible that LE has the medical files? And that is why the no comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson