FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it is okay to post about the great family behind Dr Sievers?

The first link is the obituary of her father.

Dr Sievers had 4 sisters and 2 step brothers:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nhregister/obituary.aspx?pid=153856093

Dr D.T. is an emergency DR and Dr N.D. has a PHD in Psychology. DR N.D. is a popular assistent prof. with a fascinating background:

http://www.bruinwalk.com/professors/psych/nim-linette-delafield-tottenham/

"NIM", named after her (caretaker):

http://www.amazon.com/Nim-Chimpsky-Chimp-Would-Human-ebook/dp/B0013TPY8K

The more I find out about Dr Sievers, the more tragic it is what happened to her. How senseless and devastating for all, especially for the poor kids!!

-Nin

As you say.. we do not know what he has or hasn't done to help
Perhaps LE has asked that he not speak to media
Just because we are not hearing his words does not mean he isn't talking

BBM In a scenario where the LE are investigating and if I could not be of help in that area, aside from loving and keeping my children safe and away from the spotlight, a natural path would be a distraction. Some individuals turn to substance abuse and perhaps in this instance, the husband is concentrating on his wife's business.

After all, without a distraction the harsh and horrid circumstances of a family member's murder would be unbelievably painful and stressful as there is nothing we can do while the LE is working hard on this to solve it and a constructive distraction would be actually a healthy thing to do.

As human suffering goes, I cannot imagine how it would feel to be in these circumstances. I do know that each of us deals with tragedy and loss in different ways. If the husband can work towards keeping the business open as a distraction and keeps himself healthy in this way, it is greatly beneficial to the children to have a healthy parent who is not totally consumed by this horrid event and totally unavailable to them both physically and mentally. Prayers with kindness and help from others vastly help but also distractions can pull us back into life. Distractions are a necessary part of life. JMO

O

Thanks. Are you able to give context in which this was done? How early in the case did this occur?

It was a conversation among family members and myself. The "hammer" and the way the hammer was used came out in a conversation on Wednesday, July 8th. The talk between this individual and LCSO took place prior to that, on either Monday, July 6th or Tuesday, July 7th, I am not sure.

The way the hammer was used includes the amount of hits, which was significant. I was very surprised learning about it back then and have my own conclusions about it.

-Nin

Hope it is okay to post about the great family behind Dr Sievers?

The first link is the obituary of her father.

Dr Sievers had 4 sisters and 2 step brothers:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nhregister/obituary.aspx?pid=153856093

Dr D.T. is an emergency DR and Dr N.D. has a PHD in Psychology. DR N.D. is a popular assistent prof. with a fascinating background:

http://www.bruinwalk.com/professors/psych/nim-linette-delafield-tottenham/

"NIM", named after her (caretaker):

http://www.amazon.com/Nim-Chimpsky-Chimp-Would-Human-ebook/dp/B0013TPY8K

The more I find out about Dr Sievers, the more tragic it is what happened to her. How senseless and devastating for all, especially for the poor kids!!

-Nin

Actually, from what I've read, she has three sisters. Annie is her sister from the marriage of her parents, John and Mary Ann. Dawn and Nim are her half-sisters from John's subsequent marriage. She has a brother, Patrick, also from the union of John and Mary Ann. And she has a step-brother, Frank, from Mary Ann's subsequent marriage.

It was a conversation among family members and myself. The "hammer" and the way the hammer was used came out in a conversation on Wednesday, July 8th. The talk between this individual and LCSO took place prior to that, on either Monday, July 6th or Tuesday, July 7th, I am not sure.

The way the hammer was used includes the amount of hits, which was significant. I was very surprised learning about it back then and have my own conclusions about it.

-Nin

Thank you. The timing of the leak is interesting -- not in the immediate aftermath. Are you able to say if this LCSO officer knows your source, or was contact due solely to your source being a neighbor of the victim?

Please understand, I'm not questioning the integrity of your source. Just trying to figure out what might have been LCSO officer's motive in leaking this.

I think that is being far more open minded rather than centering only on one person.

I think the suspect could be one of many people. The list of potential suspects could be very long.

Personally though, I don't believe her husband is involved nor do I think this is the work of a hired hit man.

Other than those the possibilities are endless for me at least.

I still think it could have been someone from the neighborhood who thought they were still all on vacation. They could have jimmied the door open and not even realized Dr. Teresa was inside. When she saw him of course she would scream and he would most likely tell her to STHU. I think that could have been the voices that were overheard. And other stranger home invaders have also used bludgeoning weapons like hammers to kill their victims.

What Sheriff Scott says about this not being random doesn't impress me much since I cant count the cases where other LE has said the same only to learn when the case was solved the offender didn't know the victim/s at all.

And really he could mean anything when he said that. People do target/select homes to invade and a lot of them will case out places where they think the owners are away. That may be specifically targeting a particular home but still the offender can still be a stranger to the victim. They may have picked this home for two reasons. Thought the owners were still away and it was the largest home in the neighborhood, and had a fence they could climb over and once over it they wouldn't be seen.

Of course it could be a co-worker/supposed friend or a personal relationship with someone that went sour or even a family member of a patient where Dr. Teresa's medicine did not save them. It may even be someone from the medical community.

The forced entry makes me believe more that either it was someone from the neighborhood that planned to go in and rob the place or even a stranger that had seen what they believed was a large home with no one home.

The jimmied door causes me to pause when thinking it was someone she knew. Dr. Teresa would have had ample time to call 911 since it only takes seconds if she heard the door jam being burst open. It seems more like he quietly jimmied the door open, and surprised her in the kitchen. He would probably still have the hammer in his hand, and when she shrilled/shrieked/screamed or whatever is when he struck her with the hammer.

All I know is I thought for sure when this overly dramatic Sheriff spoke out a suspect would be arrested soon but that has not been the case. And really at that time when he first said it he would really have no way of knowing whether it was random or not. Until they get the evidence back of who is involved he cant honestly say with 100% certainty who the murderer will turnout to be.

IMO

I have wondered about the possibility of a family member of a patient. Some people have very passionate bias against gender transitioning and might be very angry at a professional who enabled, say, their spouse to transition. (For the record, these are not my beliefs AT ALL, but you see it all the time where family members turn their back on someone who is transgender.)

A neighbor, or anyone who might think the family was still out of town would make sense too. However, if that ends up to be the case, why on earth would the sheriff think that would be the twists and turns makings of a movie. He obviously was sensationalizing this crime, but wow, he'd be waaaaaaaaaay off it was just your standard break in gone wrong because someone was home.

-Nin

Nin, Do your conclusions or thoughts on the "hammer" and how it was used include someone in Teresa's family circle or the broader professional circle?

I just can't seem to get a feel for this case. If the sheriff didn't say it was of book and movie status, I would for sure think it was a young thief getting caught and killing her out of immense fear.

-Nin

I was looking back through news reports to try to assemble a timeline of media disclosures. Interestingly, NBC-2 has removed a couple of videos. One of their reports that had Sheriff Scott on camera speaking about the investigation is gone. Also the 2nd interview of Annie wherein she seems to have a suspect and speaks passionately about her sister's integrity is missing.

Back to the timeline: Sheriff broke his silence on July 7. If I'm not mistaken, Annie's 2nd interview was aired on July 13. The Sheriff addressed the media again on July 12 or 13.

So the hammer leak to neighbors occurred around the same time that Sheriff first addressed the media saying it wasn't random, it was very interesting, there is connectivity, and books and movies would be written about the case.

Edited to add: On Friday, July 10 investigators returned to neighborhood to interview neighbors. One of the questions asked was if you wanted to gain access to th Sievers house, how would you do it without activating the security lights.

Actually, from what I've read, she has three sisters. Annie is her sister from the marriage of her parents, John and Mary Ann. Dawn and Nim are her half-sisters from John's subsequent marriage. She has a brother, Patrick, also from the union of John and Mary Ann. And she has a step-brother, Frank, from Mary Ann's subsequent marriage.

You are correct, thanks.

-Nin

I have wondered about the possibility of a family member of a patient. Some people have very passionate bias against gender transitioning and might be very angry at a professional who enabled, say, their spouse to transition. (For the record, these are not my beliefs AT ALL, but you see it all the time where family members turn their back on someone who is transgender.)

A neighbor, or anyone who might think the family was still out of town would make sense too. However, if that ends up to be the case, why on earth would the sheriff think that would be the twists and turns makings of a movie. He obviously was sensationalizing this crime, but wow, he'd be waaaaaaaaaay off it was just your standard break in gone wrong because someone was home.

BBM I have wondered this as well. It could be that the LE are scrutinizing emails, medical notes and other correspondence to determine whether someone expressed rage at something - perhaps even support of a patient who was being abused by that person- or whether an irrational person believed that a loved one was being "harmed" by his/her treatment. Absolutely it could have been someone incensed by support of transgendered persons as an irrational person is just that! I agree that this "rage" would show up as a "personal" attack on someone.

If that person had been watching the home, he or she would know that Teresa was alone in the house. This, to me, would be the opportunity for an irrational person to confront Teresa and then unfortunately explode into rage. I am trying to keep an open mind and I see that there are so many facets to this case that the murderer could have come from any direction in her life/business. However, only one person wanted her dead. JMO

BBM I have wondered this as well. It could be that the LE are scrutinizing emails, medical notes and other correspondence to determine whether someone expressed rage at something - perhaps even support of a patient who was being abused by that person- or whether an irrational person believed that a loved one was being "harmed" by his/her treatment. I agree that this "rage" would show up as a "personal" attack on someone. If that person had been watching the home, he or she would know that Teresa was alone in the house. This, to me, would be the opportunity for an irrational person to confront Teresa and then unfortunately explode into rage. JMO

I think it is certainly possible.
I keep thinking that if it was someone she knew well, why jimmy the door?

Thank you. The timing of the leak is interesting -- not in the immediate aftermath. Are you able to say if this LCSO officer knows your source, or was contact due solely to your source being a neighbor of the victim?

Please understand, I'm not questioning the integrity of your source. Just trying to figure out what might have been LCSO officer's motive in leaking this.

The source was solely approached in connection to the case and as part of the investigation.

-Nin

I was looking back through news reports to try to assemble a timeline of media disclosures. Interestingly, NBC-2 has removed a couple of videos. One of their reports that had Sheriff Scott on camera speaking about the investigation is gone. Also the 2nd interview of Annie wherein she seems to have a suspect and speaks passionately about her sister's integrity is missing.

Back to the timeline: Sheriff broke his silence on July 7. If I'm not mistaken, Annie's 2nd interview was aired on July 13. The Sheriff addressed the media again on July 12 or 13.

So the hammer leak to neighbors occurred around the same time that Sheriff first addressed the media saying it wasn't random, it was very interesting, there is connectivity, and books and movies would be written about the case.

Edited to add: On Friday, July 10 investigators returned to neighborhood to interview neighbors. One of the questions asked was if you wanted to gain access to th Sievers house, how would you do it without activating the security lights.

Regarding your edited addition, LE actually approached a female neighbor on July 16th, not on the 10th. The same individual was mentioned in the news as "sleeping with a gun underneath her pillow".

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member