FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I will try it. We have plenty of hammers laying around since we are right in the middle of adding an addition on to our home.:)

I am not going to try it on our new beautiful entry door though. I can go out to one of our out sheds and try it on that door and frame.

I still don't understand how the handle would be in the way. When the claw end is put into the door jam area the handle would be at an angle toward the person's body not the door the way I see it. I wouldn't try to put pressure on the door but put pressure on the outside frame/door jam. But I could be wrong of course.:D Also they could have used the hammer to hit a small chisel or whatever to get the door jimmied open.

A straight claw hammer (versus standard curved claw hammer) would work angle-wise, meaning one could wedge it into the door/frame gap. However, a flat crowbar ( they come in different thickness and sizes) seems to best fit into a tight gap and also seems to match the damage, that was done to the material. The tool left a very straight looking depression behind. Look at the wood:

sievers door closeup.jpg

One can pretty much estimate the approximate width of the tool-base.

Attachments

• sievers door 1.jpg
    sievers door 1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 51
  • sievers door1a.jpg
    sievers door1a.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 54
How did you get 31,000 sf? If you are referring to the property size, it was 35,719 sf before the lot was split into 2 properties. The Sievers property is a 0.59 acre lot or app. 25,700 sf.

-Nin
Sorry, I slipped in an extra zero!

:) LOL, 31,000sf is basketballer mansion huge, larger than the Sievers' lot itself.

The home is 2,885sf according to several real estate sites.

The Sievers lot is similar in size to 50% of the lots on their side of the street & smaller than the neighbor immediately to the south

It's not the lot size that counts, it's the house square footage. The house is the proper size for the lot, but is totally different in design. It sticks out like an affluent sore thumb.

My deceptively large footprint house is on .71 acres.

My point was to indicate that if it were a random burglary, it would have stood out as a target.

It's not the lot size that counts, it's the house square footage. The house is the proper size for the lot, but is totally different in design. It sticks out like an affluent sore thumb.

My deceptively large footprint house is on .71 acres.

My point was to indicate that if it were a random burglary, it would have stood out as a target.

Anything is possible. But I guess I keep thinking there must be at least some reason why the sheriff called the case fascinating and said it was full of intricacies and twists and turns. I imagine there is some exaggeration there, but to say that about a random house robbery/killing would be really misleading. Unless the twists and turns were of the "we thought he came through the back door but now we think it's the side door" variety.

Agree that Sievers house 'sticks out', would be attractive to some wanting to break in & rob, etc. I saw the pics of that 2nd fence gate on the left side of the house---maybe (?) since the pool sits on that side rear part of the house & yard area, that gate was needed for mower access OR were their pool pumps, etc located there? At least both fence gates were located on the front/street side so very visable.

LE still quiet and posting here has slowed as such. Prayers for the Sievers' family.

Anything is possible. But I guess I keep thinking there must be at least some reason why the sheriff called the case fascinating and said it was full of intricacies and twists and turns. I imagine there is some exaggeration there, but to say that about a random house robbery/killing would be really misleading. Unless the twists and turns were of the "we thought he came through the back door but now we think it's the side door" variety.

I wonder if the sheriff's remarks were some kind of baiting mechanism. If I was the perp, I'd be very curious re: what kind of evidence do they have? What's going on with the case? Perfect anxiety inducing move - publicly announce there is evidence pointing toward a targeted attack and then radio silence. This would be especially true if LE knows the perp staged the scene to make the murder appear random, home invasion gone bad. I wouldn't be surprised if the perp came back to the scene at some point following the murder to gage what was happening investigation wise, and perhaps reached out to LE more recently with the same intention. I'm sure LE kept an eye on the funeral and noted any odd behavior...similar to how the Jodi Arias investigation unfolded. If I recall correctly, it wasn't until Arias was indicted that we heard from friends/family that they suspected her immediately.

IMO, the sherriff's comments are probably true in the sense that in fact there is a lot of evidence, and (circumstantial?) connectivity. However, its quite possible that even with lots of evidence no probable cause exists to arrest or search.

Agree that Sievers house 'sticks out', would be attractive to some wanting to break in & rob, etc. I saw the pics of that 2nd fence gate on the left side of the house---maybe (?) since the pool sits on that side rear part of the house & yard area, that gate was needed for mower access OR were their pool pumps, etc located there? At least both fence gates were located on the front/street side so very visable.

LE still quiet and posting here has slowed as such. Prayers for the Sievers' family.

2 gates for pool service/ lawn guy access, yes!

Here are some aerials from the Lee County Property Appraiser, cropped pics for our purposes:

http://pol.leepa.org/pictonav/default.aspx?folioid=10294168

Sievers house East side, backyard:

sievers house aerial backyard1.jpg

Enlarged:

sievers house aerial backyard enlarge.jpg

Zick-zack fence:

sievers house aerial backyard zick zack fence.jpg

Sievers house North side:

sievers house aerial North side2.jpg

-Nin

Attachments

• sievers house aerial North side2 enlarge.jpg
    sievers house aerial North side2 enlarge.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 164

View attachment 79652

Thereare no bedroom windows located at this side of the house, only a small bathroom window. This is the side where the master bedroom/ bathroom are located. If the dogs were locked into this area, they would be hard to hear. The fence would block any noise in addition.

Also, this is the side where the pool filters/solar pump etc. are located. Additional noise if the pool pump/filter is running early in the morning and/or during the night. Usually the pump is set to run automatically 6-8 hrs during the day, that would be standard. No water heating (solar) at this time of the year expected to run.

-Nin

Wow the range in ages here are kinda astonishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 gates for pool service/ lawn guy access, yes!

Here are some aerials from the Lee County Property Appraiser, cropped pics for our purposes:

http://pol.leepa.org/pictonav/default.aspx?folioid=10294168

Sievers house East side, backyard:

View attachment 79649

Enlarged:

View attachment 79650

Zick-zack fence:

View attachment 79651

View attachment 79652

-Nin

I think I spot a dog in the 4th picture near the fence. Not that this is groundbreaking info but gives more credence to the theory that maybe the dogs were in the yard when the murder took place.

I think I spot a dog in the 4th picture near the fence. Not that this is groundbreaking info but gives more credence to the theory that maybe the dogs were in the yard when the murder took place.

Is this the object you were looking at? If so, it also appears in this photo at the same spot. This is a 6' fence, would be rather large for a dog:

sievers house aerial backyard1 object.jpg sievers house aerial North side2 object.jpg

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member