FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, was it said where she was found? I read the kitchen but not sure if it was fact.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thank you Nin.

Local reporters do know when GJs are in session and I believe if that was the case they would mention it and how it could possibly be a case concerning the suspect in her case.

Imo, second degree murder would be a hard sell especially if the forensic experts are of the belief the house was breeched to gain entry. It shows aforethought and planning to gain unlawful entry into her home.

So you think someone came there that she knew that she was in a relationship with? Just going by the little facts we know I am not sure I think she was having an affair with someone. It just doesn't jive with the forced entry. Even if true and even they were upset with each other, I think she would have let him in so the neighbors couldn't see/hear him. I would expect she would want to be as discreet as possible. Plus wouldn't his vehicle have to be there or do you think he is from her neighborhood?

Yes, I have seen the DA put forth the evidence concerning multiple blows to show premeditation and it really makes common sense imo. Hitting her once? May be a crime of passion. Hitting her multiple times? That shows he did indeed want her dead. A reasonable person would know a human being cant sustain horrendous blows to the head without it killing the person. IMO

I was not suggesting Dr S had an affair, sorry it came over like that. It was just a general question out of curiosity.

Thank you!

-Nin

I wonder how long it takes for death benefits to be paid out by the life insurance company? It would be interesting to know if Dr. Siever's life insurance was paid to the policy benificiary or is being held up while the murder investigation is still underway.

JMO

I would assume that whomever is holding the policy, the beneficiary, would need to initiate the pay out process by filing the claim. In most cases, when the death is clearly not suicide the policy is paid out according to the terms.

Edited to add: maybe if there is a GJ proceeding underway and they're waiting for evidence surrounding the life insurance payment transaction. Also, its not only family members who are common beneficiaries. The corporation I worked for had a policy on me. Business partners often obtain policies on each other.

It was not mentioned in MSM or confirmed on WS, that Dr S had any life insurance. We were hoping she would have, for the sake of the children.

-Nin

I would think she does. Not sure what's true in Florida, but if you have a mortgage on your house, take out business loans, you probably had to obtain life insurance (most banks require it). So, what is one more policy for your family's future. Not evidence whatsoever, but she strikes me as the responsible type and would plan for the children. Hopefully payments were current.

I would assume that whomever is holding the policy, the beneficiary, would need to initiate the pay out process by filing the claim. In most cases, when the death is clearly not suicide the policy is paid out according to the terms.

Edited to add: maybe if there is a GJ proceeding underway and they're waiting for evidence surrounding the life insurance payment transaction. Also, its not only family members who are common beneficiaries. The corporation I worked for had a policy on me. Business partners often obtain policies on each other.

My boss sadly committed suicide and I was surprised that his policy still paid out to his family. The terms stated that he had to have his policy in place for at least 2 years. A blessing for his family, no doubt. The hold up was getting the final death certificate but with that in hand, life insurance payment went smoothly.

My "intuition" told me to go to Facebook. An odd comment on August 9th. hmmmmm

Someone mentioned that local reporters know if a GJ is being convened. That may be true for a local GJ, but I was on a Federal GJ once in California for a 6 month term and there were only 2 places in the state in which they convened. One was in Los Angeles and one in San Francisco I believe. I went to the LA one. The cases were all crimes that had been committed at least several months prior. It's a lot different from being on a regular jury. We went once a week every Friday and the jurists are called from all over the state even if you live 4 hours away. It's almost impossible to get out of serving. One time I called in sick and said I couldn't drive there. It was an hour away from where I lived. They said they would send the marshalls to come and pick me up. I drove there, hours late and they were waiting for me to start. They have to have I believe it is 16 jurors to make a quorum in order to decide on cases. Also, we heard case after case of mostly bank robberies, fraud, drug busts and cases where the postal service was involved in the crimes, and we indicted every single case. After the cases were presented we were each asked if we voted to indict and everyone always said yes. It was the kind of situation where you would feel very uncomfortable voting not to indict, so no one ever did it. And this was done right there in the courtroom verbally in front of everyone.

So if the case involves any Federal charges it would have to be heard by the Federal GJ, not the local one. And we did see at one time on the LCSO's website that they stated the case had been turned over to another agency, which indicates at least to me, that it must be a Federal agency because what other agency is there that's not Federal? There's the FBI and the DEA and Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms - all Federal. Am I missing another agency that could be local at the county level?

Someone mentioned that local reporters know if a GJ is being convened. That may be true for a local GJ, but I was on a Federal GJ once in California for a 6 month term and there were only 2 places in the state in which they convened. One was in Los Angeles and one in San Francisco I believe. I went to the LA one. The cases were all crimes that had been committed at least several months prior. It's a lot different from being on a regular jury. We went once a week every Friday and the jurists are called from all over the state even if you live 4 hours away. It's almost impossible to get out of serving. One time I called in sick and said I couldn't drive there. It was an hour away from where I lived. They said they would send the marshalls to come and pick me up. I drove there, hours late and they were waiting for me to start. They have to have I believe it is 16 jurors to make a quorum in order to decide on cases. Also, we heard case after case of mostly bank robberies, fraud, drug busts and cases where the postal service was involved in the crimes, and we indicted every single case. After the cases were presented we were each asked if we voted to indict and everyone always said yes. It was the kind of situation where you would feel very uncomfortable voting not to indict, so no one ever did it. And this was done right there in the courtroom verbally in front of everyone.

So if the case involves any Federal charges it would have to be heard by the Federal GJ, not the local one. And we did see at one time on the LCSO's website that they stated the case had been turned over to another agency, which indicates at least to me, that it must be a Federal agency because what other agency is there that's not Federal? There's the FBI and the DEA and Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms - all Federal. Am I missing another agency that could be local at the county level?

Great information/explanation. Thanks for your insight.

I'm with you regarding reporter notice of proceedings, info on GJs prior to when the indictment is issued is not the norm. Thank you for your personal insight into the federal process, and for honoring your duty to serve, even when you were sick!

It would be very interesting if LCSO did indeed confirm that the investigation has been handed over to another agency - can we verify this? That would explain the disappearing updates on the LCSO website and subsequent silence. My guess would be the case might be in the hands of DHS (FBI/ICE) now. If federal jurisdiction was asserted here, and it easily could be if for example; the unsub (and co-consipirators) communicated across state lines, used the postal service, violated a federal statute (RICO?). The case would be immediately removed from LCSO as soon as whatever federal issue was revealed to LSCO.

Just a little food for thought regarding fed GJ process & where the local PD was used by the feds during a covert investigation. I'm aware of one case in particular where the general facts were as follows: local drug kingpin ordered a hit on a drug mule for stealing a significant amount of cash. Meanwhile, FBI/ICE had been looking at the kingpin's criminal organization for months, wiretaps on most of the crew's cell phones and pole cameras. One of these cameras was mounted near the mule's home, and sure enough the feds were watching when three hit men approached the home. There is no question that the feds heard about the hit on the wiretaps, and then watched the hit men approach. Did the federal agency contact the local police to share this information? Did the FBI show up at the crime scene to arrest the hit men? No and no. Doing so would have jeopardized their investigation (and informants) in many ways. First, they had not identified the 'target' of the investigation (the 'boss' above the kingpin) and if they revealed federal involvement at this stage, the target would have likely left the country and/or got rid of potential witnesses because he had tons of cash. Second, the wiretaps would become useless, the criminal org would find another method to communicate thus making it even more difficult to indict.

So, instead the feds called the local police as a 'concerned citizen' and reported the men trying to break in to the mule's house. Local police apprehended the hit men and charged them with breaking into the home/drug charges. Local police did not know they were apprehending hired hit men or about the existence of an ongoing federal investigation, they processed the crime scene and gathered the evidence. No feds were on the scene, ever. At the same time, the feds stopped the would-be victim drug mule on his way home and explained to the mule that the kingpin ordered a hit, his life was in danger, and oh by the way we have a ton of incriminating evidence on you. Mule is not arrested, he retains a lawyer. Local police still have no idea that they are booking hit men hired by the criminal org. Criminal org is overheard on wiretap discussing the arrests of the hit men by local PD but are not worried because the hit men did not rat, and it was just the local PD and not the feds moving in. Drug mule agrees to work with the feds to secure a more favorable sentencing recommendation from the US Attorney at trial. Drug mule testifies truthfully multiple times before the GJ in February. During this time, additional actors involved in the conspiracy are compelled to testify before the GJ, and of course, they lie because they aren't aware of the depth of the almost year long federal investigation. This continued for months, no indictment. In late March, a federal indictment was filed under seal against 30+ defendants (some unidentified) including the boss, kingpin, drug mule, the hired hit men and other GJ witnesses. The defendants didn't even know they were formally indicted until the feds had the target defendant in custody (April), and subsequently arrested the others. The local PD had no information about this long term investigation until the indictment was unsealed.

My point here is this: IF the feds have jurisdiction in this case and were not on the scene processing evidence initially, that could point toward two scenarios: 1. local pd discovered evidence that gave the feds jurisdiction, triggering their involvement [the simple answer] or 2. a federal investigation may have been in process before the murder, involving unsub(s) but had the feds asserted jurisdiction from the beginning, this would hinder the larger investigation, and tip off the wrong people. This second scenario may explain why, if we take the sheriff's statements as truth, initially he seemed confident that a POI would be arrested soon because of the connectivity, lots of evidence, etc. Sheriff would feel more comfortable making such statements under the belief that LCSO has jurisdiction and the feds won't be swooping in soon. IMO, its quite possible that after the sheriff made such media-friendly statements, a potential covert fed investigation was compromised and as a result, the feds asserted jurisdiction.

Catching up on posts here..... LE remains quiet----so far I've still not seen any official information released as to where TS's body was found, the weapon used and/or how many times she was hit IF indeed something was used to hit her. ALSO most here surely know, aside from officially released facts from LE, info coming from NG includes speculation WITH lots of hearsay. QUESTION: did someone post hearing NG talk about TS having an affair as fact? NG sensationalizes for ratings sake, either speculating (ok for discussing) OR stating hearsay and running with it. I watch at times, find it interesting but am careful to separate fact from hearsay or speculation.

The case is and has been with LCSO.

-Nin

Which may be why things are dragging along so slowly.....but...our major crimes unit did manage to solve a recent triple homicide very quickly. Our local news websites are nbc-2.com or abc-7.com. Donald Trump would have a field day with that one

Catching up on posts here..... LE remains quiet----so far I've still not seen any official information released as to where TS's body was found, the weapon used and/or how many times she was hit IF indeed something was used to hit her. ALSO most here surely know, aside from officially released facts from LE, info coming from NG includes speculation WITH lots of hearsay. QUESTION: did someone post hearing NG talk about TS having an affair as fact? NG sensationalizes for ratings sake, either speculating (ok for discussing) OR stating hearsay and running with it. I watch at times, find it interesting but am careful to separate fact from hearsay or speculation.

Even though NG sensationalizes cases, IIRC she did not hint that there was an affair.

Thanks Riversinthedesert. Didn't know if I missed something on NG or not. I've only viewed NG 2 times that the TS case was discussed---the 2nd time is when she brought up TS's possible transportation home from the airport, wondering if there were cameras at the parking pay booths, also discussed traffic cams on route to TS Jarvis home. Has NG had a 3rd show discussing TS or not? After NG's 1st show regarding this case, any discussion on air there after fell to a later time during her broadcast as more current/active cases take the frontline.

? IIRC means what....?

Thanks Riversinthedesert. Didn't know if I missed something on NG or not. I've only viewed NG 2 times that the TS case was discussed---the 2nd time is when she brought up TS's possible transportation home from the airport, wondering if there were cameras at the parking pay booths, also discussed traffic cams on route to TS Jarvis home. Has NG had a 3rd show discussing TS or not? After NG's 1st show regarding this case, any discussion on air there after fell to a later time during her broadcast as more current/active cases take the frontline.

There were only a few shows before NG fell silent along with everyone else (not typical for NG, unless LE told them not to cover). Think there may have been 3 shows but not sure. Topics covered included the security cameras, airport & possible route home, forensic expert on blood spatter, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member