FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what was the time of death for the victim. At least there will be better forensic work from state CID, I presume if that is what FDLS are.

FDLE - Florida Department of Law Enforcement
https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/3749abfa-3acc-4d9e-af97-f3016b86ccad/Quick-Facts.aspx
Our Priorities
FDLE is composed of five areas: Executive Direction and Business Support, Criminal Investigations and Forensic Science, Criminal Justice Information, Criminal Justice Professionalism and Florida Capitol Police.

SeesSeas, thanks for posting that. That's exactly the report I heard that day, just couldn't remember it all.

TheContinentOp, LE has been tight-lipped since finding Dr Teresa Sievers deceased in her home after her failing to show up at her medical practice for her 6/29/2015 Monday morning scheduled appointments by her office staff. She had flown home alone Sunday night, 6/28/15, leaving her husband and 2 daughters behind in MA with her extended family. A homicide investigation proceeded immediately, the sheriff stated there was lots of evidence, they don't think it was random and LE was working 'round the clock. Nothing has been officially released publicly as to time of death, where she was found in her home, the weapon used or any POI. Regarding the weapon... a neighbor said a LE officer said the weapon used was a hammer but so far that is only hearsay. Local reports show LE dusting the garage pedestrian door, fence gates, the family van, etc for prints. They took tech items from the home, later hauled off the family van along with the pedestrian door and a fence gate. All evidence for testing, you name it. Nancy Grace did lots of speculating on her show---look up a few posts for links to transcripts (5 shows). For one, discussing how TS may have arrived home from the Ft Myers airport---that's not been officially reported either. TS did call her husband to say she arrived safely BUT it's also not been officially stated as to exactly when and from where she made that call.... was she still on the plane, getting her luggage, walking thru the terminal to the parking area IF she drove herself home, during the drive home OR after she was really back home on Jarvis. Lots of questions!

SeesSeas, thanks for posting that. That's exactly the report I heard that day, just couldn't remember it all.

TheContinentOp, LE has been tight-lipped since finding Dr Teresa Sievers deceased in her home after her failing to show up at her medical practice for her 6/29/2015 Monday morning scheduled appointments by her office staff. She had flown home alone Sunday night, 6/28/15, leaving her husband and 2 daughters behind in MA with her extended family. A homicide investigation proceeded immediately, the sheriff stated there was lots of evidence, they don't think it was random and LE was working 'round the clock. Nothing has been officially released publicly as to time of death, where she was found in her home, the weapon used or any POI. Regarding the weapon... a neighbor said a LE officer said the weapon used was a hammer but so far that is only hearsay. Local reports show LE dusting the garage pedestrian door, fence gates, the family van, etc for prints. They took tech items from the home, later hauled off the family van along with the pedestrian door and a fence gate. All evidence for testing, you name it. Nancy Grace did lots of speculating on her show---look up a few posts for links to transcripts (5 shows). For one, discussing how TS may have arrived home from the Ft Myers airport---that's not been officially reported either. TS did call her husband to say she arrived safely BUT it's also not been officially stated as to exactly when and from where she made that call.... was she still on the plane, getting her luggage, walking thru the terminal to the parking area IF she drove herself home, during the drive home OR after she was really back home on Jarvis. Lots of questions!
Great synopsis, MsBoo! :thumb:

LCSO isn't still leading the investigation. According to LCSO website, the Death Investigation is "TURNED OVER TO OTHER AGENCY".

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/in...ntSearchForm[address]=27034+jarvis&yt0=Search
Occured Date Incident Type Address City Disposition Incident Number
2015-06-29 09:43:24 DEATH INVEST 27034 JARVIS RD BONITA SPRINGS TURNED OVER TO OTHER AGENCY 15-268297

Have you noticed that the time of 9:43..am coincides with exactly the same time the incident was officially reported by LCSO? Have you noticed that only members of the LCSO were working the crime scene?

<modsnip> Perhaps not all information relevant to the case can be posted here at this time.

Did I hear anyone coughing?

-Nin

Hi All!

Since we have some new members posting on the thread, I thought I would post a reminder for those who haven't seen it.

If you have any questions, please contact a mod via pm. Thank you!

Mod Reminder

*Rumors and gossip are NOT allowed on WS. If you read it on Facebook, leave it on Facebook.

*Unless LE indicates that an individual is a POI/suspect, that individual is OFF LIMITS to sleuthing and speculation. Please keep your suspicions to yourself.

*WS holds to a "victim friendly" policy, so the above applies even more strongly to family members, particularly parents and spouses, who in most cases are innocent, and suffering terribly when their loved one is missing or murdered. The last thing we want to do is add to their pain. Therefore, they always are granted the benefit of the doubt.

*Brainstorming theories is encouraged, but must be based on fact. For our purposes, "fact" refers to information published in the mainstream media (MSM) or other acceptable sources, such as academic and professional publications.

*When you state something as "fact", you must back it up with a link to an approved source.

*If you can't link it, you can't post it.

*Social media is a nightmare in terms of rumors. You can summarize information from an original post on a LE or MSM FB page. No copy and paste, no screenshots, and you must include link.

*Comments and posts by the general public are considered rumor, and therefore, off limits. Again, leave them where you find them.

*Mods have the right to edit and delete posts at their discretion if deemed inappropriate, or in violation of TOS. Complaints, questions and concerns should be addressed in a private message to a mod or admin. DO NOT post them in the thread.

*If at any time, you have questions or need assistance, the mod team is happy to help you. Please use the pm system to contact us.

The above is only a partial list of rules. You'll find others at the link provided. Please check them out, it is your responsibility to know them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...58#post8364858

:welcome6:

Sparky

Bumping for New Members to Dr. Sievers thread.

Have you noticed that the time of 9:43..am coincides with exactly the same time the incident was officially reported by LCSO? Have you noticed that only members of the LCSO were working the crime scene?

<modsnip> Perhaps not all information relevant to the case can be posted here at this time.

Did I hear anyone coughing?

-Nin

These are the details on the LCSO webpage titled "Incidents By Location":
There are two Incident Numbers for the same Occurred Date at the 27034 JARVIS RD address.
The Incident Numbers for the same Occurred Date and Time are 15-268297 and 15-268513.
These Incident Numbers are 216 digits apart.

My thoughts:
There should be a listed date for Disposition, because often the Disposition Date won't be the same date as Occurred Date.

Why would there be two different incident numbers for this same incident? I have some thoughts on that but would like to know what others think.
Spelling error in first column heading - Occured should be Occurred :thinking:

Occured DateIncident TypeAddressCityDispositionIncident Number
2015-06-29 09:43:24DEATH INVEST27034 JARVIS RDBONITA SPRINGSTURNED OVER TO OTHER AGENCY15-268297
2015-06-29 09:43:24DEATH INVEST27034 JARVIS RDBONITA SPRINGSREPORT TAKEN15-268513

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/in...ntSearchForm[address]=27034+jarvis&yt0=Search

Thanks IHAVENOCLUE. Tried to hit enough fact vs spec with the only official fact that she found deceased, then LE stated it 'looks' to not be random. Other factual info concerns items taken away by LE.

Anyone know if the family van was ever returned?

These are the details on the LCSO webpage titled "Incidents By Location":
There are two Incident Numbers for the same Occurred Date at the 27034 JARVIS RD address.
The Incident Numbers for the same Occurred Date and Time are 15-268297 and 15-268513.
These Incident Numbers are 216 digits apart.

My thoughts:
There should be a listed date for Disposition, because often the Disposition Date won't be the same date as Occurred Date.

Why would there be two different incident numbers for this same incident? I have some thoughts on that but would like to know what others think.
Spelling error in first column heading - Occured should be Occurred :thinking:

Occured DateIncident TypeAddressCityDispositionIncident Number
2015-06-29 09:43:24DEATH INVEST27034 JARVIS RDBONITA SPRINGSTURNED OVER TO OTHER AGENCY15-268297
2015-06-29 09:43:24DEATH INVEST27034 JARVIS RDBONITA SPRINGSREPORT TAKEN15-268513

I noticed this too - it is interesting that the timestamp for two seemingly separate 'incidents' is the same, but distinguished by incident number (assuming this no. corresponds with records/reporting).

*** Original Post - June 30, 2015 ***
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at approximately 9:45am, Lee County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to 27034 Jarvis Road, Bonita Springs in reference to a deceased female.
Due to the nature of the incident, Major Crimes Unit detectives responded to the scene.

If LCSO's wording above is correct, then LCSO deputies responded to the scenein reference to a deceased female. What I'm trying to understand is this; if someone from Dr. Sievers' office called 911 requesting assistance after she was no show, wouldn't LCSO be responding to the home in reference to a well being check? IMO, it appears that whoever made the call at around 9:43, reported a death. Due to the nature of said death, major crimes responded.

On Monday, June 29, 2015 at approximately 9:45am, Lee County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to 27034 Jarvis Road, Bonita Springs in reference to a deceased female.
Due to the nature of the incident, Major Crimes Unit detectives responded to the scene.

If LCSO's wording above is correct, then LCSO deputies responded to the scenein reference to a deceased female. What I'm trying to understand is this; if someone from Dr. Sievers' office called 911 requesting assistance after she was no show, wouldn't LCSO be responding to the home in reference to a well being check? IMO, it appears that whoever made the call at around 9:43, reported a death. Due to the nature of said death, major crimes responded.

That's been one of my questions all along - how could the first incident be listed as "reference to a deceased female" unless someone else had already found Dr Sievers deceased? Also, why would the initial call have a higher incident number than the incident showing it had been turned over to another agency? It's all very confusing IMHO.

That's been one of my questions all along - how could the first incident be listed as "reference to a deceased female" unless someone else had already found Dr Sievers deceased? Also, why would the initial call have a higher incident number than the incident showing it had been turned over to another agency? It's all very confusing IMHO.

When you check out this LCSO update #1, you will find the same incident No 268297, just without the 15 (for 2015) in front of the digits, corresponding with the Major Crimes Unit here:

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=news/index&id=13698

Both incident No's again here, as posted earlier:

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/in...identSearchForm[address]=jarvis+rd&yt0=Search

In other words, the Major Crimes Unit is considered an "agency" by LCSO, q.e.d.

-Nin

There has been some confusion as to who found Dr. S. but see text and links below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-two-murdered-Florida-home-family-away.html

Police visited the home on Jarvis Road, owned by Teresa and Mark Sievers, after dispatchers received a call raising concern for Sievers's whereabouts at 9.45am Monday.

The welfare-check call from from staff at Sievers' Estero office who became concerned that she didn't show up to work, despite having scheduled appointments.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fla-doctor-laid-rest-found-murdered-home-article-1.2283403

When she failed to come into work the next morning her body was found by an unidentified individual who then called 911 at around 9:45 a.m., the sheriff&#8217;s department said.

Do not have links but recall that an employee who was interviewed on MSM went to the house but LE was already at the scene. IMO the office called LE who went to the house and found TS deceased. Perhaps the wording from the LCSO report about being called in reference to a deceased female was incorrect if this chronology is accurate. Any thoughts on this?

When you check out this LCSO update #1, you will find the same incident No 268297, just without the 15 (for 2015) in front of the digits, corresponding with the Major Crimes Unit here:

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=news/index&id=13698

Both incident No's again here, as posted earlier:

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/in...identSearchForm[address]=jarvis+rd&yt0=Search

In other words, the Major Crimes Unit is considered an "agency" by LCSO, q.e.d.

-Nin

JMO - I think "disposition: turned over to other agency" means LSCO handed over the case to an other agency (FDLE?). The sheriff has referred to LSCO as an "agency" before, and the use of the word "other" makes me think that LSCO is distinguishing itself from the "other agency". If the Major Crimes Unit consists of homicide detectives working for (paid by) LCSO, they are not working for a separate state agency. There would be no "turning over" to a specialized unit within the agency.

JMO - I think "disposition: turned over to other agency" means LSCO handed over the case to an other agency (FDLE?). The sheriff has referred to LSCO as an "agency" before, and the use of the word "other" makes me think that LSCO is distinguishing itself from the "other agency". If the Major Crimes Unit consists of homicide detectives working for (paid by) LCSO, they are not working for a separate state agency. There would be no "turning over" to a specialized unit within the agency.

Agree. Disposition: TURNED OVER TO OTHER AGENCY would mean a different agency than LCSO. Anything within LCSO, like Major Crimes Unit, is considered a division within LCSO.

FDLE could be the OTHER AGENCY.

More information about LCSO units, divisions, sections, and bureaus is at this link:
http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=site/showResource&id=13525

Excerpt:
Criminal Investigations Bureau, Major Bill Kalstrom and Commander John Haberman Civil Section, Captain Mark Cohen; Robbery/Grand Theft Auto, Captain Shane Hingson;Economic Crimes Unit, Captain Kevin Ferry; Forensics Division, Captain Rick Joslin; MajorCrimes Division, Captain Bill Murphy; Special Investigations Division, Captain RichardSnyder; Highway Interdiction, Captain Pete Hedrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member