FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already passed soon. If you're basing your above opinion on the article from the former police chief, IMO he has the same info we do. He's speculating, his opinions, he has no idea what evidence, clues they have. IMO it added nothing to the investigation or answers, space filler:gaah:. <modsnip>:moo:

Just to clarify, the former police chief Doug Baker was terminated from a different agency, the city of Ft. Myers PD. Sheriff Mike Scott is with the Lee County Sheriff's Office which is handling the Sievers investigation. I dont believe the former chief Walter Zaliski mentioned in today's article has anything to do with this investigation.

Strange that the Sievers have very observant neighbors and others that thought the house was empty all the time.

Other than what was reported by whomever stated that, it is not my understanding at all. This family was seen actively by immediate neighbors. TS was seen walking dogs, kids playing, MS playing with them, etc, etc. The back neighbor stated she sees them swimming in the pool. Not sure who is stating this house was always empty, but not from what immediate neighbors see in their day to day activities.

Friendly Reminder

Let's please keep the FB off the thread. The person has not been named a suspect or POI.

:tyou:

Just to clarify, the former police chief Doug Baker was terminated from a different agency, the city of Ft. Myers PD. Sheriff Mike Scott is with the Lee County Sheriff's Office which is handling the Sievers investigation. I dont believe the former chief Walter Zaliski mentioned in today's article has anything to do with this investigation.

Isn't that what I said? Clarify what? he said what he said, waste of time.:gaah:

Actor? That's odd IMO.

I had an instant reaction to the use of that word. From the beginning I have wondered whether TS could have been part of a sting operation. The setup was perfect with her family safely out of town and the early comments from LE about a targeted murder and books/movies. What has been running around in my mind is whether it went right or wrong!
jmho moo

I had an instant reaction to the use of that word. From the beginning I have wondered whether TS could have been part of a sting operation. The setup was perfect with her family safely out of town and the early comments from LE about a targeted murder and books/movies. What has been running around in my mind is whether it went right or wrong!
jmho moo

That's a good theory travelbug, sad part is we may never know. And the word "actor" jumped out at me. I just thought it was a odd word to be used regarding a murder.

Isn't that what I said? Clarify what? he said what he said, waste of time.:gaah:

Yes...agree that today's article had no new information. The local police chief was just fired so I was clarifying that neither he nor the former chief in the article have anything to do with the case, thus proving your point.

Other than what was reported by whomever stated that, it is not my understanding at all. This family was seen actively by immediate neighbors. TS was seen walking dogs, kids playing, MS playing with them, etc, etc. The back neighbor stated she sees them swimming in the pool. Not sure who is stating this house was always empty, but not from what immediate neighbors see in their day to day activities.

I did not see the footage, but could it be that the neighbor might have meant to say the house was empty over that particular weekend, and they never saw anyone over that particular weekend around the house?

-Nin

Interestingly if you look up FDLE and check out the Criminal Justice Agencies of Florida, we see a list of County Law Enforcement Agencies. Here, all the Sheriff's Offices in Florida are listed including the Lee County Sheriff's Office (LCSO).
Then under Local Law Enforcement Agencies, we see Bonita Springs Police listed. Bonita Springs is a division or satellite office of the LCSO. If you click on Bonita Springs Police, the LCSO website comes up.

https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/CJST/Publications/Criminal-Justice-Agency-Links.aspx

The Bonita Springs office is a District Headquarter handling the South District. The patrol deputies (Bonita Springs) 'handle a wide variety of duties from helping with simple directions to situations such as murders and hostage-taking. Detectives - Handle all property crimes and misdemeanor cases.'

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=site/about&cid=18

It is very possible that the "handed over to other agency" issue is based on dispatch of local Bonita Springs deputy personnel, who then turn over the case to LCSO Major Crimes Unit if necessary. Makes sense to me.

-Nin

The FDLE has regional crime labs in:

• Ft. Myers
  • Jacksonville
  • Orlando
  • Pensacola
  • Tallahassee
  • Tampa

'Chapter 943, Florida Statutes, establishes a statewide criminal analysis laboratory system to provide services upon request to law enforcement agencies in the state of Florida. The FDLE crime lab provides timely, expert and professional examination of evidentiary materials to aid in the investigation, prosecution and/or exclusion of criminal offenses by utilizing sophisticated scientific equipment and proven techniques. Crime lab analysts are called on a continual basis to provide expert witness testimony in court cases.'

https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Conten...f3-8b2d-f6ffd42b2116/Forensics-Info-Home.aspx

-Nin

SeesSeas, thanks for posting that. That's exactly the report I heard that day, just couldn't remember it all.

TheContinentOp, LE has been tight-lipped since finding Dr Teresa Sievers deceased in her home after her failing to show up at her medical practice for her 6/29/2015 Monday morning scheduled appointments by her office staff. She had flown home alone Sunday night, 6/28/15, leaving her husband and 2 daughters behind in MA with her extended family. A homicide investigation proceeded immediately, the sheriff stated there was lots of evidence, they don't think it was random and LE was working 'round the clock. Nothing has been officially released publicly as to time of death, where she was found in her home, the weapon used or any POI. Regarding the weapon... a neighbor said a LE officer said the weapon used was a hammer but so far that is only hearsay. Local reports show LE dusting the garage pedestrian door, fence gates, the family van, etc for prints. They took tech items from the home, later hauled off the family van along with the pedestrian door and a fence gate. All evidence for testing, you name it. Nancy Grace did lots of speculating on her show---look up a few posts for links to transcripts (5 shows). For one, discussing how TS may have arrived home from the Ft Myers airport---that's not been officially reported either. TS did call her husband to say she arrived safely BUT it's also not been officially stated as to exactly when and from where she made that call.... was she still on the plane, getting her luggage, walking thru the terminal to the parking area IF she drove herself home, during the drive home OR after she was really back home on Jarvis. Lots of questions!

Alright, thanks for the summary, my friend! I do think that this crime seems a lot more that a routine invasion - the door break-in seems a bit off. Why the side door instead of the back door - maybe to be hidden from the motion sensor lights, but it would take some expert/on-hand knowledge, at least, to avoid that. A common crook may observed TS's home for anything - i.e. the backyard lights - but it would attract some attention in doing so (suspicious characters around the neighborhood, etc.). Plus, a robber won't resort to violence unless it was necessary. So yeah, the police might be on the right track, saying that the crime wasn't random.

I wonder if it was possible to get a precise match on the tool markings left by the garage door, like the rifling left on spent bullets. That would break the case, but that's not the present reality as of now.

I did not see the footage, but could it be that the neighbor might have meant to say the house was empty over that particular weekend, and they never saw anyone over that particular weekend around the house?

-Nin

Excuse me, but what's this lead about? What's new from the neighbors' statements?

Excuse me, but what's this lead about? What's new from the neighbors' statements?

This was a report from one neighbor who was apparently interviewed shortly after the crime who said they never saw anyone home and thought the house was empty. This is odd as it contradicts other neighbors who reported seeing TS and her husband outside, playing with the kids, swimming in the pool, walking the dogs, etc. Cannot recall if this came from local news or the NG show.

Just another tidbit. From watching the videos around DR S house, after crime scene tape went up, what did we never see? We never or almost never saw CS personnel or any LCSO member checking the main entry area/door for evidence.

What we did see is personnel working/ dusting both front fence gates, the pried open garage side door, the back and drivers' side of the van inside the garage.
Everyone working the crime scene was almost exclusively entering and exiting through the garage. Knowing that in order to protecting a crime scene, one will first establish an enter/exit corridor, it is yet interesting to observe, that the main entry, the front door DR Sievers would have opened voluntarily to let someone in, was not a focal point of the investigation like the garage area.
Naturally we don't know what was being examined in the back of the house/ backyard or inside and if there was an additional focal point of possible entry/exit.

I will therefore most likely not expect Dr Sievers having let anyone in through the front main door that night/ that morning.

-Nin

NIN.... agree with your "elevator music" post. Also, great aerial pic showing locations from which 'shrill' and 'arguing' were said to be heard.

mckazpm.... thanks for your other post a couple pages back about the Avalanche Man and your family member. That cleared it up for me how your FM saw AM with glasses, approached detectives with a written description, etc.

Riversinthedesert.... it never fails to surprise me what some, not all, bystanders (witnesses, neighbors, passers by, etc) might say to MSM. In one of the first local news reports from the neighborhood I heard one very conflicting description from a supposed neighbor, this guy said something to the effect that they (the Sievers) partied all the time or may have used the term 'party animals'. That didn't jive with me, just didn't fit with what others said so I discounted what he said all together. Another guy told reporters he never saw them (the Sievers), seemed to not know anything so I figured he lived several houses away, on another street, etc---maybe he was hanging around out of curiosity??

NIN.... agree with your "elevator music" post. Also, great aerial pic showing locations from which 'shrill' and 'arguing' were said to be heard.

mckazpm.... thanks for your other post a couple pages back about the Avalanche Man and your family member. That cleared it up for me how your FM saw AM with glasses, approached detectives with a written description, etc.

Riversinthedesert.... it never fails to surprise me what some, not all, bystanders (witnesses, neighbors, passers by, etc) might say to MSM. In one of the first local news reports from the neighborhood I heard one very conflicting description from a supposed neighbor, this guy said something to the effect that they (the Sievers) partied all the time or may have used the term 'party animals'. That didn't jive with me, just didn't fit with what others said so I discounted what he said all together. Another guy told reporters he never saw them (the Sievers), seemed to not know anything so I figured he lived several houses away, on another street, etc---maybe he was hanging around out of curiosity??

Interesting how the witnesses' perceptions of the family differ, except more than 1 close neighbor reported odd behaviors. I dont recall specific examples other than someone playing on the _ _ _ _ but that was confirmed by more than 1 neighbor. Also interesting from Nin's photo that the "shrill" and the "arguing" were reported from houses which are not immediately next door, i.e., the house next to adjacent house to the south, and the house across the street to the rear. We don't know if the immediate neighbors heard anything.

WINK news just reported...no update from Sheriff Scott but they spoke with neighbors who reported that MS and the girls moved back in two weeks ago. They come and go without speaking to anyone. Also the security lights outside the house have been replaced. They spoke with LS off camera who said she has confidence in the investigation and that it will take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member