FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered for a while if a cab driver was involved. How did she get from the airport to her house? Do people use cabs in FL like big cities (NYC, Chicago etc) or did she leave her car at the airport? Hammer is such an odd murder weapon, IMO, to me it seems to require a lot of strength and work. Hoping for answers soon.
There has been complete silence from LE on most details of the crime including how TS got home from airport (except weapon which was leaked.) However I believe NG had a segment on their theory of how she got home, including the fact that she was most likely picked up by surveillance cameras at airport or on the way home. I believe NG indicated she drove home in the family van.

I was thinking more about motive, the weapon, staging, the "truth" comment... I have so many questions:

1. Fraud. I know Dr. Sievers didn't take health insurance, but the practice did issue coded bills so that patients could be reimbursed by their insurance companies. Is it possible that an employee may have issued bogus bills to a "patient" for reimbursement of services never rendered? Did this scheme unravel somehow, creating a motive to kill because a) the perp couldn't handle being found out, and confronted with the truth or b) the perp was so desperate to avoid legal consequences, or the inevitable result (loss of license or reputation, patients) when Dr. Sievers reported the truth? The murder = attempted cover up.

2. On going investigation. As many of you know, FL is notorious for pill mills. Its my understanding that the state now requires licensed physicians to own pain management clinics (whereas before anyone could run a pill mill for profit) and this has curbed much of the illegal pill mill activity. On the other hand, the demand for opiates on the black market has only increased and there is plenty of money to be made by a licensed physician who would take the risk and slap their name on this kind of operation for a great financial gain. Perhaps Dr. Sievers acquired relevant information regarding one of these operations? Maybe she had a new patient who was/is dependent on opiates (even for legitimate reasons) and reported (or was thinking of reporting) questionable activity.

I have limited experience with how physician owned pill mills operate in my home state. It is relatively easy for addicts to find pill mills, hand over cash along with a fraudulently obtained diagnosis (chronic pain maybe) or x-rays (of someone else, even ANIMAL x-rays), wait a few hours because the place is likely packed, see the "doctor" for five minutes and walk out with a boatload of pills. Huge profits for the doctor. These kind of operations are not easy to bust without the assistance of an undercover agent or informant. Especially if its a cash business. So long as the corrupt doctor is "verifying" the x-rays/diagnosis and "treating" the patient for pain, its not illegal per se to prescribe opiates for cash. Pill mills can be obvious from the outside; if you've ever seen someone going through opiate withdrawals or high, you would notice these people in and out, or hanging around waiting to be seen by the doctor. Is it possible there was a pill mill near Dr. Sievers practice?

Pill mills have a lot of guilty actors with a lot to lose, usually its not the license they are worried about - its the huge profits. The feds will seize EVERYTHING purchased with pill mill money. This is much harder to do without a witness, and Dr. Sievers would be great witness.

Edited to add: the sheriff's comments re: "connectivity" could be referring to an anonymous tip submitted to the feds close in time to the murder re: illegal activity. Maybe it was Dr. Sievers' tip and LE confirmed this via IP address. AND/OR evidence related to an on going investigation was on Dr. Sievers' personal computer or phone, and these items were either destroyed (smashed with a hammer?) or taken from the scene.

My theory keeps going back to an associate that did business with her or a disgruntled patient. The hammer is pure speculation from the neighbors along with almost everything pertinent to this case. The use of the hammer to me indicates a personal attack. It further appears also to me that LE has said to everyone (family and media) to not talk about this case. This is weird and surely LE cannot just keep putting the media off. However, it was clear that LE will not be giving any updates from his last interview.

The thought crossed my mind that this could involve more crimes and the case is bigger than expected and LE is purposely wanting people to move on and forget the case in order to keep investigating or uncover more details. JMO.

There has been complete silence from LE on most details of the crime including how TS got home from airport (except weapon which was leaked.) However I believe NG had a segment on their theory of how she got home, including the fact that she was most likely picked up by surveillance cameras at airport or on the way home. I believe NG indicated she drove home in the family van.

It's unverified information:

'She flies home solo on Sunday night, comes home from the airport. Did she take an Uber? Did she drive her Toyota Sienna minivan?
Did she get a cab? Did a friend bring her home? Some of the questions we have. We`ve got a few clues as to the answer, and the answer, we believe, is she drove her minivan, Toyota Sienna, from the airport home. Why do we think that? Because the police took the Toyota Sienna from the home and they have not returned it. It`s still being processed.'

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/08/ng.01.html

-Nin

Airport to Jarvis home.... correct, NG speculated on how Dr S got home. Also asked her on-location crew if they saw any security cams at the pay booths area--they said they couldn't tell. Wonder why they didn't drive into the parking areas then exit to see if there were cams there? They showed the pay booths area on camera from a distance, I guess trying to look for security cams from there---that won't work. NG also discussed whether Dr S used long or short term parking---made you wonder if they heard somewhere that LE either thought or knew for a fact the van was indeed used to get home. Then NG mentioned the fact Dr S van might be seen on any of several traffic cams during the trip home from the airport. Of course that would depend on if Dr S really did drive the van home.

JMO but it seems there would be cams in the airport pay booths. AND if there then LE would have taken those as well as any other traffic cams along the way---I believe it's exit #116 off I-75 (to Bonita Springs) then there would be cams at all lighted intersections? Anyway, LE knows IF she did drive herself home or not so surely those existing cam recordings have been viewed. If they've been thorough, LE knows how she got home UNLESS a friend picked her up at the airport--then again, they'd probably know who that would have been due to cell phone, email, etc communication between Dr S and friend.

It's unverified information:

'She flies home solo on Sunday night, comes home from the airport. Did she take an Uber? Did she drive her Toyota Sienna minivan?
Did she get a cab? Did a friend bring her home? Some of the questions we have. We`ve got a few clues as to the answer, and the answer, we believe, is she drove her minivan, Toyota Sienna, from the airport home. Why do we think that? Because the police took the Toyota Sienna from the home and they have not returned it. It`s still being processed.'

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/08/ng.01.html

-Nin

Nin, you are absolutely right about it being unverified...just speculation by NG. Thanks for obtaining the transcript. LE did put a lot of focus on the van but we are all in the dark as to the actual facts.

"The center that Sievers ran was a hormone therapy and holistic healing practice."

I wonder if Dr. Sievers used HGH to treat patients. Human growth hormone is wildly popular on the black market and hard to obtain without a prescription. One vial of this stuff goes for thousands here in the Northeast. Purchasers are usually former or current anabolic steroid abusers. Unlike opiates, I don't think that anyone would "kill" for access to HGH, they would just order it from China. I'm thinking more along the lines of...Dr. Sievers realized vials were missing, or there was some kind of discrepency discovered at the practice. Perhaps an employee was running their own online HGH business... "connectivity" anyone?

In the alternative, similar to the theory I posted earlier re: new patient comes in with issues related to being treated with HGH, and he/she has no legitimate reason to have such a prescription, triggering Dr. Siever to report the illegal activity being the "truth teller" she was.

Airport to Jarvis home.... correct, NG speculated on how Dr S got home. Also asked her on-location crew if they saw any security cams at the pay booths area--they said they couldn't tell. Wonder why they didn't drive into the parking areas then exit to see if there were cams there? They showed the pay booths area on camera from a distance, I guess trying to look for security cams from there---that won't work. NG also discussed whether Dr S used long or short term parking---made you wonder if they heard somewhere that LE either thought or knew for a fact the van was indeed used to get home. Then NG mentioned the fact Dr S van might be seen on any of several traffic cams during the trip home from the airport. Of course that would depend on if Dr S really did drive the van home.

JMO but it seems there would be cams in the airport pay booths. AND if there then LE would have taken those as well as any other traffic cams along the way---I believe it's exit #116 off I-75 (to Bonita Springs) then there would be cams at all lighted intersections? Anyway, LE knows IF she did drive herself home or not so surely those existing cam recordings have been viewed. If they've been thorough, LE knows how she got home UNLESS a friend picked her up at the airport--then again, they'd probably know who that would have been due to cell phone, email, etc communication between Dr S and friend.

Yes,of course LE knows how she got home that night,they are just not sharing that with the media. So we are left to speculate.

"The center that Sievers ran was a hormone therapy and holistic healing practice."

I wonder if Dr. Sievers used HGH to treat patients. Human growth hormone is wildly popular on the black market and hard to obtain without a prescription. One vial of this stuff goes for thousands here in the Northeast. Purchasers are usually former or current anabolic steroid abusers. Unlike opiates, I don't think that anyone would "kill" for access to HGH, they would just order it from China. I'm thinking more along the lines of...Dr. Sievers realized vials were missing, or there was some kind of discrepency discovered at the practice. Perhaps an employee was running their own online HGH business... "connectivity" anyone?

In the alternative, similar to the theory I posted earlier re: new patient comes in with issues related to being treated with HGH, and he/she has no legitimate reason to have such a prescription, triggering Dr. Siever to report the illegal activity being the "truth teller" she was.
So, you are saying that she might of been killed because she was going to report an employee for stealing drugs? She didn't have time to report this? This person was still showing up at work while the family was visiting in laws? She didn't tell hubby or manager that so and so was doing this or she suspected it? She was the only one that knew this person was stealing? Not the office manager??
Sorry for all the questions, but do you not think that our dear sheriff didn't check out every employee?

So, you are saying that she might of been killed because she was going to report an employee for stealing drugs? She didn't have time to report this? This person was still showing up at work while the family was visiting in laws? She didn't tell hubby or manager that so and so was doing this or she suspected it? She was the only one that knew this person was stealing? Not the office manager??
Sorry for all the questions, but do you not think that our dear sheriff didn't check out every employee?

No, I don't doubt that the sheriff is checking out every employee, but do we know how many people the practice officially "employed" as opposed to how many people worked with the practice as affiliates or independent contractors? I don't think this case is as simple as an employee stealing drugs. It could be that someone was using the clinic to have HGH delivered and diverted for sale on the black market. Perhaps Dr. Sievers didn't report this activity but rather, it was reported to her by investigating authorities. who sought her assistance. This is true if she discovered a patient was fraudulently obtaining HGH or the feds discovered this.
If true, surely LE wouldn't release this information to the public at this stage of the investigation.

IMO, I do think Dr. Sievers mentioned whatever was going on to her sister. I don't think its far fetched to think that the Dr. would take an on going investigation seriously enough that she would not mention it to other people at the office. She very well could have been the only person who had knowledge of illegal activity - if LE thinks something is going on within that practice they are not going to tell all the employees or make an investigation obvious. In fact, LE probably would have requested that she not act any differently, refrain from firing the employee(s). It would make sense that they would reach out to the Dr., and after being sure she wasn't involved, request her assistance. Maybe they set up a sting? I don't know. Assistance could be hey, will you testify in front of a grand jury? Maybe there was a subpoena involved and she mentioned to her sister that the planned to tell the truth. I won't get into the reasons why she may have kept this kind of information from her husband.

Another issue to note - the sheriff probably wouldn't be privy to the inner workings of an on-going federal investigation. After the murder, sure, there would be information sharing.

No, I don't doubt that the sheriff is checking out every employee, but do we know how many people the practice officially "employed" as opposed to how many people worked with the practice as affiliates or independent contractors? I don't think this case is as simple as an employee stealing drugs. It could be that someone was using the clinic to have HGH delivered and diverted for sale on the black market. Perhaps Dr. Sievers didn't report this activity but rather, it was reported to her by investigating authorities. who sought her assistance. This is true if she discovered a patient was fraudulently obtaining HGH or the feds discovered this.
If true, surely LE wouldn't release this information to the public at this stage of the investigation.

IMO, I do think Dr. Sievers mentioned whatever was going on to her sister. I don't think its far fetched to think that the Dr. would take an on going investigation seriously enough that she would not mention it to other people at the office. She very well could have been the only person who had knowledge of illegal activity - if LE thinks something is going on within that practice they are not going to tell all the employees or make an investigation obvious. In fact, LE probably would have requested that she not act any differently, refrain from firing the employee(s). It would make sense that they would reach out to the Dr., and after being sure she wasn't involved, request her assistance. Maybe they set up a sting? I don't know. Assistance could be hey, will you testify in front of a grand jury? Maybe there was a subpoena involved and she mentioned to her sister that the planned to tell the truth. I won't get into the reasons why she may have kept this kind of information from her husband.

Another issue to note - the sheriff probably wouldn't be privy to the inner workings of an on-going federal investigation. After the murder, sure, there would be information sharing.

Very interesting, the "connectivity" you suggest. Your theories sound plausible. Perhaps TS discussed her plan with her family while she was out of town. The Sheriff indicated the case is full of inticacies, twists and turns, complex, most evidence he has ever seen in his career....sooooooo....we continue to mull over our theories. Hopefully an arrest is forthcoming soon.

Hormone therapy reads to me like female hormones around irregular periods, menopausal changes/symptoms, low testosterone, thyroid. Plus as she was an internist, I am sure she dealt with low level diabetics, hypertension, mild stomach problems, and general symptomology. But I could be completely off.

Maybe, but you don't have to have an MD prescribe HGH to get it pretty easily. Although it may be less expensive with an RX. Not 100% sure.

Hey Guys,

Please tread lightly re: employees. No one has been named a POI/Suspect.

Also, don't post people's businesses who haven't been named in MSM. (Main Stream Media) and are not connected to this case by LE.

:tyou:

I don't really see the good doc being the only one knowing about someone diverting copious amounts of drugs thru her practice. How about her accountant? Again, any office manager worth their salt would be aware of these irregularities. Wouldn't they have built n protocols for handling all prescribed medication ? As far as her working undercover with the authorities what happened to them? Wouldn't they also investigate the case? Wouldn't they let the good sheriff know?
I really think That if her murder involves the misuse of drugs that the sheriff has checked. Do you know that he hasn't ?
Motive is usually drugs, love or money except when it isn't. The way she was murdered and from what we know so far as observers from the outside just doesn't look like a disgruntled employee with a hand n the cookie jar or one of their associates pulling it off, that is a total beginner being the perp.
Just my two cents, u could be on the right track. It's a very strange case.

Hormone therapy reads to me like female hormones around irregular periods, menopausal changes/symptoms, low testosterone, thyroid. Plus as she was an internist, I am sure she dealt with low level diabetics, hypertension, mild stomach problems, and general symptomology. But I could be completely off.

TS was also known for hormone therapy/treatment of transsexual patients.

Very interesting, the "connectivity" you suggest. Your theories sound plausible. Perhaps TS discussed her plan with her family while she was out of town. The Sheriff indicated the case is full of inticacies, twists and turns, complex, most evidence he has ever seen in his career....sooooooo....we continue to mull over our theories. Hopefully an arrest is forthcoming soon.

I agree, the trip may have been motivated by whatever was happening. Maybe she wanted the children far away if/when "***** hit the fan" so to speak.

Dr. Sievers specialized in anti-aging treatment, right? In most cases "anti-aging" is synonymous with HGH treatment. Also, on the Dr.'s website she mentions the misconceptions about testosterone treatment for men:
"Men too need hormone monitoring as low testosterone predisposes to heart disease, cancer, depression and diabetes. One myth about testosterone therapy is that it causes prostate cancer and that simply is not true. Many men who have had prostate removal due to cancer suffer from low testosterone and with the right monitoring benefit from therapy. If you have a history of prostate cancer, Dr. Sievers works closely with your urologists."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKP