FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not feeling as confident as I was about an arrest anytime soon. If they need the right tip to come in it may be a very long time. What happened to all that evidence ? Surely something would point them to the killer..I wouldnt be too confident if I were a neighbor that I had nothing to worry about either. jmo

Don't let the statement that tips have slowed discourage you. Based upon everything we have read, scene, heard....they all KNOW who did it...imo. Most likely they are awaiting forensic and other results, preparing charges, etc. for a complex case which may involve co-conspirators.

Airport to Jarvis home.... correct, NG speculated on how Dr S got home. Also asked her on-location crew if they saw any security cams at the pay booths area--they said they couldn't tell. Wonder why they didn't drive into the parking areas then exit to see if there were cams there? They showed the pay booths area on camera from a distance, I guess trying to look for security cams from there---that won't work. NG also discussed whether Dr S used long or short term parking---made you wonder if they heard somewhere that LE either thought or knew for a fact the van was indeed used to get home. Then NG mentioned the fact Dr S van might be seen on any of several traffic cams during the trip home from the airport. Of course that would depend on if Dr S really did drive the van home.

JMO but it seems there would be cams in the airport pay booths. AND if there then LE would have taken those as well as any other traffic cams along the way---I believe it's exit #116 off I-75 (to Bonita Springs) then there would be cams at all lighted intersections? Anyway, LE knows IF she did drive herself home or not so surely those existing cam recordings have been viewed. If they've been thorough, LE knows how she got home UNLESS a friend picked her up at the airport--then again, they'd probably know who that would have been due to cell phone, email, etc communication between Dr S and friend.

There are cameras everywhere at the SWFL International Airport, from the time one exits the gate all the way to the curb outside the building and inside the parking garage.

-Nin

I don't really see the good doc being the only one knowing about someone diverting copious amounts of drugs thru her practice. How about her accountant? Again, any office manager worth their salt would be aware of these irregularities. Wouldn't they have built n protocols for handling all prescribed medication ? As far as her working undercover with the authorities what happened to them? Wouldn't they also investigate the case? Wouldn't they let the good sheriff know?
I really think That if her murder involves the misuse of drugs that the sheriff has checked. Do you know that he hasn't ?
Motive is usually drugs, love or money except when it isn't. The way she was murdered and from what we know so far as observers from the outside just doesn't look like a disgruntled employee with a hand n the cookie jar or one of their associates pulling it off, that is a total beginner being the perp.
Just my two cents, u could be on the right track. It's a very strange case.

I have no personal knowledge of this case, I don't doubt that the sheriff has checked to see if it appeared like there was any mishandling of medication. Also, to clarify I don't think she was "undercover". I think she may have been interviewed in some capacity. There could be a million reasons for why no paper trail of drugs. People have drugs shipped to random addresses all the time and get away with it. The package could be intercepted before it goes into inventory. If the Dr. had an accountant, he might notice someone syphoning money from the business but he's not auditing the books. Generally, you delegate duties to employees you trust and keep the business moving. However, LE may be putting together A LOT of evidence, some of which by itself would not otherwise be incriminating. Perhaps the scheme or conspiracy was not readily apparent at first.

I don't know what the typical "disgruntled employee" murder looks like, but I would imagine it might have a personal aspect to the murder, an emotional killing. Total speculation on my part, but the perp doesn't appear to be obviously inept at killing. Maybe he is, but not from these facts. It might be easier to use a gun but guns leave evidence, specific to that particular gun. Also, you'd have to go about getting a gun if you didn't have one, licensed in your name. No eye witnesses of the perp. The dogs didn't bark. Security alarm didn't go off. Dead bolt was not locked.

What other motive could result in such a violent killing? I'm not sure. Desperation, betrayal, rage?

No, I don't doubt that the sheriff is checking out every employee, but do we know how many people the practice officially "employed" as opposed to how many people worked with the practice as affiliates or independent contractors? I don't think this case is as simple as an employee stealing drugs. It could be that someone was using the clinic to have HGH delivered and diverted for sale on the black market. Perhaps Dr. Sievers didn't report this activity but rather, it was reported to her by investigating authorities. who sought her assistance. This is true if she discovered a patient was fraudulently obtaining HGH or the feds discovered this.
If true, surely LE wouldn't release this information to the public at this stage of the investigation.

IMO, I do think Dr. Sievers mentioned whatever was going on to her sister. I don't think its far fetched to think that the Dr. would take an on going investigation seriously enough that she would not mention it to other people at the office. She very well could have been the only person who had knowledge of illegal activity - if LE thinks something is going on within that practice they are not going to tell all the employees or make an investigation obvious. In fact, LE probably would have requested that she not act any differently, refrain from firing the employee(s). It would make sense that they would reach out to the Dr., and after being sure she wasn't involved, request her assistance. Maybe they set up a sting? I don't know. Assistance could be hey, will you testify in front of a grand jury? Maybe there was a subpoena involved and she mentioned to her sister that the planned to tell the truth. I won't get into the reasons why she may have kept this kind of information from her husband.

Another issue to note - the sheriff probably wouldn't be privy to the inner workings of an on-going federal investigation. After the murder, sure, there would be information sharing.

'Another issue to note - the sheriff probably wouldn't be privy to the inner workings of an on-going federal investigation. After the murder, sure, there would be information sharing.'

FBI, DEA? Nope. The Sheriff would not have gotten any daily updates, he would have been reprimanded for his interviews and you would have spotted the Fabulous Boys and the Don't Even Ask's at the crime scene from day one on..:guitar:

-Nin

Don't let the statement that tips have slowed discourage you. Based upon everything we have read, scene, heard....they all KNOW who did it...imo. Most likely they are awaiting forensic and other results, preparing charges, etc. for a complex case which may involve co-conspirators.

This and the fact that a possible second perpetrator at the scene would further complicate the CS reconstruction ( I assume they ARE reconstructing the kitchen). Plus any other fake or validated clues : Who did what, when and where.

-Nin

Hi All!

Since we have some new members posting on the thread, I thought I would post a reminder for those who haven't seen it.

If you have any questions, please contact a mod via pm. Thank you!

Mod Reminder

*Rumors and gossip are NOT allowed on WS. If you read it on Facebook, leave it on Facebook.

*Unless LE indicates that an individual is a POI/suspect, that individual is OFF LIMITS to sleuthing and speculation. Please keep your suspicions to yourself.

*WS holds to a "victim friendly" policy, so the above applies even more strongly to family members, particularly parents and spouses, who in most cases are innocent, and suffering terribly when their loved one is missing or murdered. The last thing we want to do is add to their pain. Therefore, they always are granted the benefit of the doubt.

*Brainstorming theories is encouraged, but must be based on fact. For our purposes, "fact" refers to information published in the mainstream media (MSM) or other acceptable sources, such as academic and professional publications.

*When you state something as "fact", you must back it up with a link to an approved source.

*If you can't link it, you can't post it.

*Social media is a nightmare in terms of rumors. You can summarize information from an original post on a LE or MSM FB page. No copy and paste, no screenshots, and you must include link.

*Comments and posts by the general public are considered rumor, and therefore, off limits. Again, leave them where you find them.

*Mods have the right to edit and delete posts at their discretion if deemed inappropriate, or in violation of TOS. Complaints, questions and concerns should be addressed in a private message to a mod or admin. DO NOT post them in the thread.

*If at any time, you have questions or need assistance, the mod team is happy to help you. Please use the pm system to contact us.

The above is only a partial list of rules. You'll find others at the link provided. Please check them out, it is your responsibility to know them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...58#post8364858

:welcome6:

Sparky

I have no personal knowledge of this case, I don't doubt that the sheriff has checked to see if it appeared like there was any mishandling of medication. Also, to clarify I don't think she was "undercover". I think she may have been interviewed in some capacity. There could be a million reasons for why no paper trail of drugs. People have drugs shipped to random addresses all the time and get away with it. The package could be intercepted before it goes into inventory. If the Dr. had an accountant, he might notice someone syphoning money from the business but he's not auditing the books. Generally, you delegate duties to employees you trust and keep the business moving. However, LE may be putting together A LOT of evidence, some of which by itself would not otherwise be incriminating. Perhaps the scheme or conspiracy was not readily apparent at first.

I don't know what the typical "disgruntled employee" murder looks like, but I would imagine it might have a personal aspect to the murder, an emotional killing. Total speculation on my part, but the perp doesn't appear to be obviously inept at killing. Maybe he is, but not from these facts. It might be easier to use a gun but guns leave evidence, specific to that particular gun. Also, you'd have to go about getting a gun if you didn't have one, licensed in your name. No eye witnesses of the perp. The dogs didn't bark. Security alarm didn't go off. Dead bolt was not locked.

What other motive could result in such a violent killing? I'm not sure. Desperation, betrayal, rage?

The correct sequence would be betrayal, desperation, rage.. ;--)

-Nin

The Naples News won't let me copy and paste the link about an article from March7, 2015. Go to the following link, scroll down to the 6th article: "After a life of challenges, the biggest one still looms for transgender"

http://www.naplesnews.com/search?searchTerm=dr teresa sievers

Am interesting read and definitely an additional angle, that can trigger lots of emotional stress upon transgender patients and their (extended) families.

When you scroll further down, there are additional older articles mentioning Dr Sievers including the one writing about the Senitz couple and how they talked to Dr Sievers about human trafficking, while being patients at her office in Estero: "Fighting a foreign war"

-Nin

Thank you! It was a rough 2 days. Locked the keys in my car this morning at Starbucks, immediately blamed my bar brain.:tantrum:

I could never become a lawyer because I can't pass a bar...:drink:

:drumroll:

I have wondered for a while if a cab driver was involved. How did she get from the airport to her house? Do people use cabs in FL like big cities (NYC, Chicago etc) or did she leave her car at the airport? Hammer is such an odd murder weapon, IMO, to me it seems to require a lot of strength and work. Hoping for answers soon.

Regarding transportation from airport to home...

we use shuttle services at times to and from airports/docks...

could this have been an option for Dr. TS?

:waitasec:

Has anyone else seen or know anything about the OTHER doctors and/or Coaches that were working with Dr. Sievers and who she refers as complimenting her services.

http://www.drteresasievers.com/resources.php#.Vb-Byoo8KnM

Has anyone else seen or know anything
about the OTHER doctors and/or Coaches that were working with
Dr. Sievers and who she refers as complimenting her services.

http://www.drteresasievers.com/resources.php#.Vb-Byoo8KnM

I went into your link, about practitioners that complement Dr.Sievers'
integrative medical practice. I recognize a name that might have some
"connectivity". If this connection is correct, in any of the many
scenarios that we are thinking about...then, YES; It WOULD be
material that would encourage the makings of books and movies.

According to the rules and guidelines of Websleuths, I will not mention
the name. LE, I'm sure, is on it. They will be the ones that will tie-up
all the loose ends.

The fact that all these videos and web pages are disappearing and
becoming 404 errors, tells me that they are preparing for a trial,
or trials, and will need jurors that don't know too much about the case.
I really hope they get every single person connected to this horrendous
and unspeakable crime. This name that appears in your link may very
well NOT be connected, AT ALL, to this case. But... I thank you for
your post.

I went into your link, about practitioners that complement Dr.Sievers'
integrative medical practice. I recognize a name that might have some
"connectivity". If this connection is correct, in any of the many
scenarios that we are thinking about...then, YES; It WOULD be
material that would encourage the makings of books and movies.

According to the rules and guidelines of Websleuths, I will not mention
the name. LE, I'm sure, is on it. They will be the ones that will tie-up
all the loose ends.

The fact that all these videos and web pages are disappearing and
becoming 404 errors, tells me that they are preparing for a trial,
or trials, and will need jurors that don't know too much about the case.
I really hope they get every single person connected to this horrendous
and unspeakable crime. This name that appears in your link may very
well NOT be connected, AT ALL, to this case. But... I thank you for
your post.

How far down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Naples News won't let me copy and paste the link about an article from March7, 2015. Go to the following link, scroll down to the 6th article: "After a life of challenges, the biggest one still looms for transgender"

http://www.naplesnews.com/search?searchTerm=dr teresa sievers

Am interesting read and definitely an additional angle, that can trigger lots of emotional stress upon transgender patients and their (extended) families.

When you scroll further down, there are additional older articles mentioning Dr Sievers including the one writing about the Senitz couple and how they talked to Dr Sievers about human trafficking, while being patients at her office in Estero: "Fighting a foreign war"

-Nin

Thank you for the link--both articles were interesting. I had to search on "transgender" to find them, though, and in doing so I came across a story about the homicide of a 31-year old transgender woman in Fort Myers (i.e., not far north of Bonita Springs, for those not familiar with the area). The victim's body was found burned in a trash barrel June 19. There are at least three stories on this case--one under the title "200 gather to remember transgender woman." No mention of Dr. Sievers, but the timing is interesting. The Fort Myers man charged with the murder was first arrested July 1, apparently having been in a relationship with the victim. He was released, then re-arrested and charged on or about July 30.

i haven't posted on here for a little while but ive still been reading and keeping up to date , i wish there was more info , and i hope and pray LE are only tying up loose ends and waiting on evidence results aswell the reconstructions of crime scene and things to be able to make an arrest in case it is possible it was random and could happen again and either way random or not the family wont be able to settle and feel safe or find peace till whomever did is caught and dealt with.

ive read alot of the thoughts and ideas about the weapon and and scenarios reason for if its random reason for it it isn't random what could of lead to it , ive had a most of those same thoughts and even posted a few a couple pages back , i really hope something positive happens here very soon.

(its all JMO )

Thank you for the link--both articles were interesting. I had to search on "transgender" to find them, though, and in doing so I came across a story about the homicide of a 31-year old transgender woman in Fort Myers (i.e., not far north of Bonita Springs, for those not familiar with the area). The victim's body was found burned in a trash barrel June 19. There are at least three stories on this case--one under the title "200 gather to remember transgender woman." No mention of Dr. Sievers, but the timing is interesting. The Fort Myers man charged with the murder was first arrested July 1, apparently having been in a relationship with the victim. He was released, then re-arrested and charged on or about July 30.

The victim had prior run ins and arrests with police, for example in 2011:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/15695144/police-arrest-5-in-fort-myers-prostitution-sting

As well as other bookings:

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=crimeActivity/inmatePrior&id=557324

-Nin

In one way I hope this case isn't complex and a hard one to solve. Most crimes/motives really aren't all that complex once the evidence has been revealed.

There is still a possibility that this was done by someone who didn't know she was back home.

I remember in the Sarah Walker case in Texas she was found alone bludgeoned and stabbed inside of a model home she was going to be showing that day. Once her body was found LE came out immediately to the community and said the murder wasn't a random act. That impression was left to be bought by the community for more than a couple of months with no suspect arrested for her murder.

BUT two months later LE got a break when the forensic lab results came back from a bloody fingerprint found at the scene. It belonged to an ex-felon who wasn't even from Texas but was from Ohio. His motive was to rob her and leave no witness behind.

Until the time of that arrest much speculation was tossed about that her ex-husband was the one who had murdered her when he had not and he in fact really got along well with Sarah even after their divorce.

So maybe this agency will also catch a break they need to solve this case and there will be DNA evidence tying the killer to Dr. Teresa's murder.

IMO

Regarding transportation from airport to home...

we use shuttle services at times to and from airports/docks...

could this have been an option for Dr. TS?

:waitasec:

Free Shuttle service here is usually provided by hotels to their guests. Private shuttle services offer shared rides for discounted prices or private rides for standard fees. That would be same as ordering a cab, but the shuttle vehicles are better equipped to handle travelers, luggage and special needs.

While this is a viable possibility, I would assume Dr Sievers would have driven in her own vehicle. It just more economical. Also, RSW is not a huge airport, easy parking/shuttle to terminals, friendly staff. She lived only minutes from accessing Interstate I75, which would lead her directly to the airport.

An additional story: Friends of mine once ordered a cab to get to the airport early in the morning. They would be gone for a few weeks for their summer vacation. So they had called in the cab the night before. The cab shows up in time, everyone enjoys a nice conversation with the driver, they share their vacation plans. While my friends were enjoying the Caribbean beaches, their place got robbed big time! As it turned out the cab driver was in cohort with a group of burglars. They were not only able to get the guys and the cab driver, but they also managed to retrieve most of the stolen goods!

Not that cab rides or shuttle services are dangerous, don't take me wrong, it is just not good to share vacation plans and advisable to perhaps throw in that meanwhile the 6' mother-in-law- former-box-champion is staying at the house..just saying (why did she not go with them..you figure).

-Nin

Also, you may have noticed that the victim's last known address in 2011 is only 2.68 miles or 6-7 min away from the Good Shepherd Ministries, the place where Dr Sievers did pro-bono work/ housing support/ paperwork for the homeless and folks in need:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions?form=directions&2pn=BD#b93abf03f9e2dbf37abfcb8c

While it may or may not be relevant to the case, the fact that the victim lived close to where Dr Sievers used to visit and that the fact that Dr Sievers used to work around the transgender community is something to keep in mind.

The other GSM address in Estero is the mailing address according to the State Divisions of Corporations, by the way. Principal address is on Central in Fort Myers:

http://lambofgodchurch.net/ministry/good-shepherd-ministries/

-Nin

Im not feeling as confident as I was about an arrest anytime soon. If they need the right tip to come in it may be a very long time. What happened to all that evidence ? Surely something would point them to the killer..I wouldnt be too confident if I were a neighbor that I had nothing to worry about either. jmo

That's what I had been thinking, too: are tips needed if so much evidence was left that the Sheriff was sure this wasn't random?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee