GUILTY FL - Emanuel Murray, 3 mos, thrown from car, dies, Tampa, 5 May 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's clearly obvious that this piece of crap doesn't know how to behave in society, and the fact he has no remorse just makes it even worse. I say we throw him out of a car on a freeway.

My opinion is that the mother in this situation is largely responsible for this outcome. She failed to protect her child. I know she is seventeen, and she clearly didn't have any family members that stepped in and said "you are in over your head and someone is going to get hurt". I have empathy for her age and lack of a support system, but she made a choice to keep her child and not place him for adoption or terminate the pregnancy. She took on the responsibility of protecting her child.

This was not a sudden and unpredictable act of rage.

I wouldn't keep a puppy in my home if I thought my psycho boyfriend would torture and kill it to make some psychotic point. She had options other than skipping court and waiting for the next attack to come. Her child is the one that had no options.

Everyone screams about the children, the children come first, we have to do something.... but if anyone suggests that a mother who has a made compounding bad decisions be held accountable along with her boytoy and that is just out of the question. It is victimizing the victim... NO it isn't. These women are making choices that serve their own wants/needs/ego. If their priorities put themselves before their child than you have to motivate them with the possible loss of freedom. Motherly instinct in and of itself is clearly not enough.

And that is not to say that I don't understand that sometimes horrible things like this happen and there was nothing the mother could have done. Some of these guys hide it well and then snap one day. Those are not the situations I am talking about. I am talking about a child that had a gun held to his head a MONTH ago. A month worth of days that someone could have made a choice that was actually in the kids best interest.

The same thing happened in my home town 10 years ago.........note on baby said "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY".................this guy was a wacko like this one!
Do we know if dear baby was dead before he threw him out of the car?
Did baby die at the house first?
What a monster, I believe in the DP.........esp for this one also!

The latest story is that DCF cleared her to be able to keep the baby if she filed a restraining order on the , which she did. Jasmin has been in foster care herself I think and the Kids Program was trying to help her live on her own with her baby. It is just so sad anyway you look at it.

This is a hard call to make IMO. When I was 17, I got with this guy I thought he was so cool (he was a bad boy type) at the time. One night, he beat the out of me, told me I was going to die that very night. Then suddenly it was like he snapped out of it and took me to the hospital. They asked me what happened, and I said, "He hit me." He immediately went to jail. I got 8 stitches in my lip that was hanging by a thread of skin. I did not go to court either. I felt sorry for him. (stupid, I know that now.) Anyway, my point is that girls that age just don't always know or understand WTH to do or what's going on in the big picture. I'm not defending Jasmine's decision to go for the phone, but who are we to judge? Really, none of us know the background of her. Maybe he'd said this kind of thing before and never followed thru, but did so BECAUSE she went for the phone...I have mixed feelings about whether or not there should be laws that allow for mandatory charging of the "other" parent who does nothing. Mixed because I wonder if it would result in more cover-ups and/or non-reporting of child abuse. Is there even an answer???

Also, I looked at his myspace. Yikes. His headline is "I'm so high I could eat a star." Wow. How appealing.

The bio dad looks in his mugshot like if he had his way, McTear would find out just how dirty the game really is. IMO.

Don't really care what her hard luck story is. Not everyone turns out like she does after living similar hellish lives.

The Nazi camp workers were sometimes women who needed jobs and were just following orders. No pass. Sorry.

I think we're too soft on these women, yes women. We'll try a 13 year old as an adult for certain crimes, why not a 17 year old? Come on.

As a comparable and equitable punishment, maybe they should be thrown from a plane onto concrete? Just a thought.

I am pretty cranky tonight!:eek:

My opinion is that the mother in this situation is largely responsible for this outcome. She failed to protect her child. I know she is seventeen, and she clearly didn't have any family members that stepped in and said "you are in over your head and someone is going to get hurt". I have empathy for her age and lack of a support system, but she made a choice to keep her child and not place him for adoption or terminate the pregnancy. She took on the responsibility of protecting her child.

This was not a sudden and unpredictable act of rage.

I wouldn't keep a puppy in my home if I thought my psycho boyfriend would torture and kill it to make some psychotic point. She had options other than skipping court and waiting for the next attack to come. Her child is the one that had no options.

Everyone screams about the children, the children come first, we have to do something.... but if anyone suggests that a mother who has a made compounding bad decisions be held accountable along with her boytoy and that is just out of the question. It is victimizing the victim... NO it isn't. These women are making choices that serve their own wants/needs/ego. If their priorities put themselves before their child than you have to motivate them with the possible loss of freedom. Motherly instinct in and of itself is clearly not enough.

And that is not to say that I don't understand that sometimes horrible things like this happen and there was nothing the mother could have done. Some of these guys hide it well and then snap one day. Those are not the situations I am talking about. I am talking about a child that had a gun held to his head a MONTH ago. A month worth of days that someone could have made a choice that was actually in the kids best interest.

I agree...and in this article it states the mother returned home with the baby after being out, the situation happens, and she leaves to call the police who got her call at 3 am.

especially at seven-freaking-teen years old herself what was she doing out with a 3 month old at 3 in the morning? This is a horrendous wake up call for her and I wouldnt wish it on anyone but I dont think the situation was all that peachy. at all.

This girl showed extremely poor judgment - even after being warned. But McTear sounds like a complete psycho. I cannot overstate my desire for him to somehow wind up in general population. Prisons and jails make mistakes like that all the time. It could happen, uh, inadvertently.

OMG, I am sickened. That poor baby. In that link it states.

At this point, all I can hope is that the poor child was not conscious when he was thrown from the car by that monster!!

ETA: The poor mother was only a child herself, 17 years old

bold,me

My feelings exactly, Lovejac! I pray for that baby to have not felt anything!

As for the mother - I understand she has a record also and did very little to protect her baby. The baby's father is in jail now. I really hate to say this, but perhaps little Emanuel is better off. He had so many strikes against him when he came into this world. I just wish he had been taken away and put up for adoption. Kinda the way I feel about Caylee - I wish she had been adopted by a loving family.

The odd reply he had to the reporter that asked him if he was a monster, where the accused replied "it's a dirty game".... Dirty Game is the gang he is affliated with. Real prize.

To top it off, I am so not thrilled that tax payers will be burdened with the care and feeding of this man for the rest of his life (which we can only hope will be short).

This just makes me so sick I can't even read about it....
I say skip the trial and insert the needle asap!!!

bold,me

My feelings exactly, Lovejac! I pray for that baby to have not felt anything!

As for the mother - I understand she has a record also and did very little to protect her baby. The baby's father is in jail now. I really hate to say this, but perhaps little Emanuel is better off. He had so many strikes against him when he came into this world. I just wish he had been taken away and put up for adoption. Kinda the way I feel about Caylee - I wish she had been adopted by a loving family.

Believe me I understand what you're saying, but I think every child deserves a chance. There have been amazing people that have grown up in the worst of circumstances.

They are planning the his service for next week. A place in Brandon is donating the things for him to have a proper memorial service. Very sad indeed.

IMO the myspace link on the first post may be the babys daddy, not Richard. I could be wrong, but the pic sure looks like the pic on the DC website.

No words, just tears.....

RIP sweet little Emmanuel.

Had to drive by the spot on the freeway where he tossed the baby out today. I got chills and a sick feeling just thinking about it. Poor baby. I can't even imagine how many others drove by him before the one guy found him.

I agree with most of you. A big part of this is her fault. She knew he was dangerous and did nothing to help the baby. Her family is at fault to for not trying to take him or something. I know if it were my daughter I would try to take her kid if it was in danger. This is so sad. I know his real dad was no prize either but I hope he gets to be there for the funeral.

Mom of baby thrown on I-275 to sue sheriff's office

Jasmine Bedwell's attorney sent an intent to sue notice to the sheriff's office Tuesday.

The Florida Department of Children and Families and Hillsborough Kids, Inc., an agency contracted by DCF to provide children homes, supervision and support, also received letters of intent to sue.

Details of the lawsuit haven't been released.

McTear faces murder charges. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2009/6/30/490916.html?title=Mom+of+baby+thrown+on+I-275+to+sue+sheriff's+office

Good! Not that I really want to let her off the hook for not doing a better job of protecting her own child, but maybe suits like hers will shine a spotlight on the fact that "protective orders" are not worth the paper on which they're drawn. Has to start somewhere because we see this S**T nearly everyday on WS. LE has to do a better job of protecting women and children. IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ
Back