DNA Solves
DNA Solves
boston_globe.200.jpg

miami_herald.200.jpg

tampa_bay_times.200.jpg

washington_post.200.jpg

chicago_tribune.200.jpg

http://en.kiosko.net/us/

I do wonder how random the victims were.
Death alone is tragic, but 3 of these innocent people appear to be elderly, at least over 50.

I am curious as to the ages of all the victims. If they were all older, it does make me question why he shot them.

If he shot people of all ages, then I will fell like it was random.

Have they determined or reperted, that he didn't shoot anyone from his flight, just the Delta flight from Atlanta? Or no?

For one, older people aren't going to be able to run away fast.

I'm thinking for reason in this case it did matter. He wanted to get to Florida for some reason
Moo

Maybe voices in his head told him to. It's hard to assign a rational motive to someone who doesn't appear to be rational.

Maybe voices in his head told him to. It's hard to assign a rational motive to someone who doesn't appear to be rational.

I suppose the only reaction that is feasible is no ammunition at all on any plane

I do wonder how random the victims were.
Death alone is tragic, but 3 of these innocent people appear to be elderly, at least over 50.

I am curious as to the ages of all the victims. If they were all older, it does make me question why he shot them.

If he shot people of all ages, then I will fell like it was random.

Have they determined or reperted, that he didn't shoot anyone from his flight, just the Delta flight from Atlanta? Or no?

I would think the odds may be greater solely because of passenger behaviors after deplaning while at the same time number of arrivals at the time would determine carousel assignments

not any specfic " plan"

All good points!

And with the inauguration coming bla bla they will have to discuss for a month

Cant be that hard to do - starting day after tomm no bullets nice simple doable

but oh no ! There will be one more just like this - then congress will pass it in 2 hours !!

Just implement

But i suppose an accomplice could already be in baggage area with just the bullets. Someone waiting for someone in a baggage area aint that strange

So then again (!) I ponder ok no waiting passengers in baggage areas .

My only focus is how do you not repeat a stampede onto tarmacs

anyone can and has been shooting all over - we c ant stop that (turn on the news!)

So we are right back to the problem of people running all over the tarmac IMO that is the only real vulnerability revealed in the last 24 hours

So then (!) I say to myself (take congress 12 years!) wonder if mass plan could include instant lock of all areas that lead to the tarmac , but then I say to myself oh that is not doable

One thing that does bother me is while during deployment the number of soldiers that had access to and used drugs from the Taliban. Heroin, hashish, etc...
These young men returned addicted and that may very well have added to the numerous mental health issues the military was dealing with.
There has been nothing said wrt to the shooter and any addiction problems, so I guess this is a topic for another thread.
The military does try and sweep it under the rug and will continue to do so, with mental health and PTSD. It isn't being handled correctly and I'm not so sure it ever will be.
Veterans deserve so much more assistance once they return to civilian life.

Moo

http://www.local10.com/news/crime/p...se-of-iraqi-war-veteran-turned-airport-gunman
The Anchorage Police Department confirmed his record of violence on Saturday afternoon. He was accused of choking his girlfriend and smacking her on the side of the head in January 2016.

During a Saturday afternoon press conference, Anchorage Chief Chris Tolley listed several complaints of physical disturbances last year.
Police officers said he was accused of trying to strangle someone Oct. 21, 2016, but they decided they didn't have enough evidence to arrest him.

"I told him to go to church or to seek professional help," Bryan Santiago said.

Residents in Anchorage told an Alaska Dispatch News reporter that Santiago had been living in Fairview. The tiny home had a small Puerto Rican flag on the window. Santiago was born in New Jersey and raised in Puerto Rico.
Pamela Van Dyke told the Alaska Dispatch that Santiago lived there with a woman and two children. She said "there was something not right" about Santiago.
Santiago was set to appear before U.S. Magistrate Judge Alicia O. Valle at 11 a.m., Monday, in Fort Lauderdale.

Didn't Adam Lanza have some Star Wars connection?
I may be thinking of another shooter.

It was Omar /Pulse his bathroom! GOOGLE IMAGES

It just blew my mind! I cant come up with something more AMerican, Western, than money money money the franchise made!!

He had a child - that sounds like a hard core ISIS terrorist passing on to his child (as oppossed to teaching him to pray to whoever) the Star Wars frnachise!!

They did not find any Korans or praying matts -just give me a break

moo!!!!!!!!!

353BF07F00000578-3639587-The_bathroom_in_Mateen_s_home-a-16_1465843592183.jpg

One thing that does bother me is while during deployment the number of soldiers that had access to and used drugs from the Taliban. Heroin, hashish, etc...
These young men returned addicted and that may very well have added to the numerous mental health issues the military was dealing with.
There has been nothing said wrt to the shooter and any addiction problems, so I guess this is a topic for another thread.
The military does try and sweep it under the rug and will continue to do so, with mental health and PTSD. It isn't being handled correctly and I'm not so sure it ever will be.
Veterans deserve so much more assistance once they return to civilian life.

Moo
In the civil war and first world war they became addicted to morphine and it was called shell-shock (rather than PTSD). Giving them a parade, and a couple of holidays, to make ourselves feel better, is not enough.

For one, older people aren't going to be able to run away fast.

And it sounds like many travelers at that airport are on their way to a cruise, which is a vacation many older people like to take. I think the age demographic of the victims is not unusual for a Florida airport in the winter.

Unless we hear otherwise, I don't think he was targeting older people specifically.

jmo

"When Esteban Santiago was in an Alaska FBI office in November, saying his mind was being controlled by US intelligence, he left two things in the car.

A gun and his newborn child."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...t-lauderdale-airport-shooting-main/index.html

IMO a massive terroist would want his gun? Leaving the child in there with his needed gun strikes me much more as confused , disjointed mind responding to stimuli in his head.

Oriented people I would think, would be aware it is not a good idea to leave a gun and kid in an FBI parking lot!! The media is now saying that he planned this - well this does not match (he used his gun) with a man who knows he is going to fly to Fort Luaderdale and shoot people in advance one needs a gun to implement this "planned " attack!!

They also same link are tying him (just like Omar - with his house) to giving away his personal bellongings away, as an indicator that he was preparing for a terrorist attack.

It is a well-documneted behavior that folks who are activily sucicdeal do so . He changed his mind appartently , but he was in pretty bad shape when he started selling his stuff off.

It comes in at number 3 out of 16 s uicide warnings-- behind stating one wants to kill themselves and having depression.

3. Giving away possessions: One of the most obvious warning signs is when a depressed individual gives away all of their possessions.... why a person would give away their property without reason. Usually family and/or close friends will take note of a person giving all of their valuable property away. When they confront the person, they may say that they won’t need it anymore, etc. Giving things away can be one of the key signs that a person is planning on following through with taking their life.

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/07/29/16-suicide-warning-signs-behaviors-to-recognize/Its getting silly IMO - endless stuff coming out that this dude was unraveling moo

From the article I linked it seems during his evaluation he was not deemed mentally ill.

US Attorney Karen Loeffler said Santiago would have been able to legally possess a gun because he had not been judged mentally ill, which is a higher standard than having an evaluation.

So if he was being treated recently by the other doctors they must not have declared him mentally ill either. .

From the article I linked it seems during his evaluation he was not deemed mentally ill.

US Attorney Karen Loeffler said Santiago would have been able to legally possess a gun because he had not been judged mentally ill, which is a higher standard than having an evaluation.

So if he was being treated recently by the other doctors they must not have declared him mentally ill either. .

I think that is like legal stuff. Psychiatric hospitals can not afford to lose beds, for someone who does not indicate the need to be at that level (highest there is) for half a month.

We dont "judge" (not in that sense! or "declare" ) we diagnose - there is a sublte difference.

Declared is the word used in court when a judge "declares" someone mentally ill . Competency for trial stuff uses the term judged incompetent to stand tri

Those two terms are not in our vocabulary-- but are prevalent in legal sense when it comes to mental illness. moo

One of those killed was a vol firefighter may have been posted

[video=youtube;Bb-EDHqoRDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb-EDHqoRDw[/video

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NonakaYori