GUILTY FL - Five teens for video beating of 16yo girl, Highland City, 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Meow,
You got that right. Mercedes and her mother want to be in the publics eye imo.

Mother of accused teen in cheerleader beating wants to sue Polk sheriff
The mother of one of the suspects in the high-profile Lakeland teen beating case plans to sue the Polk County Sheriff's Office, along with her daughter, for statements agency officials have said about them.

An attorney for Christina Garcia and Mercades Nichols, 17, recently sent a letter to the Sheriff's Office stating their intent to sue.
The letter claims Garcia has "sustained damages to her professional reputation as a result of numerous comments and improper characterizations made by the Sheriff."

the second i saw that headline, i knew it was christina garcia.

oh please -- her daughter damaged her own reputation

They seem to be "media *advertiser censored*", they are devouring the negative attention they get, and do anything to try and get more. They are both pathetic.

I'm beginning to think that wftv needs to change their call letters to WTFtv given some of the stories that are coming out from that area lately. sheesh:bang:

It's very unfortunate, as with a mother like Garcia, Mercedes will most likely become a repeat offender, committing crimes that will gain her the most attention. She learns right from her mother with this current case. May as well give Mercedes the max and keep her off the streets for awhile.

I'm beginning to think that wftv needs to change their call letters to WTFtv given some of the stories that are coming out from that area lately. sheesh:bang:

OT - Lola - this cracked me up. This is what I call it, not because of any reporting or anything, but just because of the call letters. Everytime I see it, I just automatically thing wtf :crazy:

Salem

http://www.local6.com/news/17134177/detail.html

One of the teenage girls involved in the "animalistic" videotaped beating of a cheerleader was arrested again and charged in connection with separate alleged attack on an ex-boyfriend.

Mercedes Nichols, 17, was arrested for violating a restraining order filed by her ex-boyfriend on Valentine's Day.

According to the victim, Nichols stabbed him several times with a pen (more at link)

This girl is going to spend the majority of her life behind bars, in my opinion. She is seriously out of control.

Salem

And her mom wants to sue the sheriff... uh, huh... this just proves she has no control over her child.

Mercedes stabbed her ex-boyfriend repeatedly with a pen. Thank God there wasn't a knife lying around.. That mother has no control over her children, she cares nothing about taking responsibility for their actions, only wants to "glorify" herself with media coverage, which she keeps doing. Suing the Sheriff is only a sad attempt to keep media focused on her. Once she stops getting media attention, i wonder what she will do. Most likely she'll end up behind bars with her daughter.

OMG! What a sick um... "child"? I don't know what to call her without violating TOS, but you all know what I mean.

Documents also available at the below link:

http://www.tmz.com/2008/08/11/youtube-bully-popped-for-bf-beatdown/

A slew of new charges were filed against Mercades and, let's just say it: sounds insane! She's charged with assaulting her ex-BF and the ex's new girl. BTW, this all happened before she put the beatdown on Victoria Lindsay this past March.

But it gets crazazier: Mercades' mom claims the arrest is revenge because the family is suing the Polk County, Fla. Sheriff over the earlier incident.

Guess what the Sheriff thinks about that: "Quite frankly, if Mercades Nichols' mother had spent the energy raising her child that she has on wanting to sue the sheriff's office, we may not be having this conversation today." What can Dr. Phil do for you?

Nichols' bond was set at $81K.

Now we have Mercedes Nichols Pleading guilty:

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20090128/BREAKINGNEWS/90128020/-1/crime

"Mercades Nichols pleaded guilty to battery and tampering with a witness Tuesday. The State Attorney’s Office said a kidnapping charge was dropped.

Nichols also agreed to plead guilty to charges of battery, assault and violation of an injunction in an unrelated case, in which she was accused of stalking a former boyfriend.

Under the plea agreement, Nichols could spend a maximum of three years on probation and won’t spend time in jail. She is scheduled be sentenced in March."

Mercades Nichols, a Polk County teenager who recently pleaded guilty in the video-taped beating of a high school girl, was involved in another altercation Saturday, this time involving her mother.

Authorities said Nichols' mother, 35-year-old Christina Garcia, was the primary aggressor in the incident. Witnesses told police she grabbed Nichols by the hair, kicked her several times and spit on her. The girl's grandmother intervened during the first altercation but needed the help of two others to break up the second fight.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/southwest/orl-bk-lakeland-arrest-021509,0,2015748.story

Mercades Nichols, a Polk County teenager who recently pleaded guilty in the video-taped beating of a high school girl, was involved in another altercation Saturday, this time involving her mother.

Authorities said Nichols' mother, 35-year-old Christina Garcia, was the primary aggressor in the incident. Witnesses told police she grabbed Nichols by the hair, kicked her several times and spit on her. The girl's grandmother intervened during the first altercation but needed the help of two others to break up the second fight.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/southwest/orl-bk-lakeland-arrest-021509,0,2015748.story

Why does this not surprise me? We all know Mom raised an aggressive b*tch and now we know Mercedes comes by it honestly.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=131441&provider=top

"Nichols reported to police that Garcia grabbed her by her hair, kicked her several times in the pelvic area and spit in her face. Nichols' grandmother, Mary Nichols, came to her aid after Garcia grabbed her, then had to comfort Garcia while she cried.

About an hour later, another fight ensued between Nichols and Garcia. Again, Nichols tells authorities that Garcia grabbed her by the hair and arm, however, this time, three people came to Nichols' aid and broke up the fight.

After the second fight, Mary Nichols took Garcia back to her residence in Polk City. Before Garcia left the home, she asked that her mother take all the phones from the home and bring them with her, so her daughter would not call the police."

From March 2009:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20090320/NEWS/903209978

Eighteen-year-old Brittini Hardcastle stood before a judge Friday ashamed of her violence caught on tape...

Almost four months pregnant, Hardcastle hoped to be spared any jail time for her participation in the infamous videotaped beating of a former Mulberry High School cheerleader...

Circuit Judge Keith Spoto sentenced her to 15 days in jail and three years' probation. She faced up to five months in jail. She was the last of the defendants to be sentenced.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MLCS
Back