FL FL- Florence Cline, 75, permanently dilated eye, few details available, Wauchula, 5 July 1995

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not sure if that means they are connected to the family though.
It’s very possible that they aren’t. This makes me think she and her sister went to Magnolia Manor to gather information. It could be a friend connection or distant relative connection.

Florence could have wandered off from there. Perhaps she was taken by someone on an outing and she wasn’t returned.

I thought sometimes people, just take pics of the headstones to add the info to databases. I know sometimes there is a family connection, but I don't think always.
Yes my mother's grave stone is on findagrave and was posted by a volunteer who photographs gravestones in the gouverneur NY area and adds them. No relation to us.

I thought sometimes people, just take pics of the headstones to add the info to databases. I know sometimes there is a family connection, but I don't think always.
You are right. I have a Find A Grave account and when you register they ask if you want to be a volunteer photographer to your local cemeteries. It's for families that live far away. I had requested a photo of my great-grandparents grave 4 states away and someone uploaded it for me. I have seen some instances of families maintaining certain cemeteries though.

I wrote Florida Dept of Law Enforcement, mentioning the Berrien Jan Doe. I will update if I get any response back.
That's awesome! Thank you for contacting them ginestra! Maybe they will offer some more info (if any). Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Her Charley page just had its case file added 9/9/20.

“Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 9, 2020; casefile added.“

Her photo was added to NamUS on 9/8/20.

Thank you for finding that PayrollNerd!

Hmm... I wonder if her case is just now getting reported by family, or she had a missing report that was lost or thrown out for some reason, or she even further fell through the cracks in that the SSA just now realized her absence.

I wonder where the date July 5th came from if she just recently was reported. Could that been a guess from family? Or they recieved a letter or phone call from her on that day?

Thank you for finding that PayrollNerd!

Hmm... I wonder if her case is just now getting reported by family, or she had a missing report that was lost or thrown out for some reason, or she even further fell through the cracks in that the SSA just now realized her absence.

I wonder where the date July 5th came from if she just recently was reported. Could that been a guess from family? Or they recieved a letter or phone call from her on that day?
I noticed the Find A Grave profile was uploaded in 2011. I get that a lot of people like to collect grave photos and that is a tremendous help for those into genealogy. However, this just strikes me as odd that this lady would be reported missing and yet, have an online profile listing Magnolia Manor in Wachula. That is is in the middle of nowhere FL (about 90 min north of me).

July 5th was a Wednesday so it's not likely she was attending a family party, if I had to guess. I'm thinking she wandered away. The F A G person may have fulfilled a request to photograph the headstone for family located too far away.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back