FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very dangerous followers, I'm afraid of another civil war from very unstable people over this,anyone else?

Lake, a TV news anchor turned far-right firebrand, lost the election for Arizona governor last year. She continues to insist without evidence her defeat was the result of fraud.

Speaking to Georgia Republicans, she said: “I have a message tonight for [US attorney general] Merrick Garland, and Jack Smith, and Joe Biden. And the guys back there in the fake news media, you should listen up as well, this one’s for you.

“If you want to get to president Trump, you’re going to have to go through me, and you’re going to have to go through 75 million Americans just like me.

“And I’m going to tell you, most of us are card-carrying members of the NRA [National Rifle Association]. That’s not a threat – that’s a public service announcement.

“We will not let you lay a finger on President Trump. Frankly, now is the time to cling to our guns and our religion.”

Lake, a TV news anchor turned far-right firebrand, lost the election for Arizona governor last year. She continues to insist without evidence her defeat was the result of fraud.

Speaking to Georgia Republicans, she said: “I have a message tonight for [US attorney general] Merrick Garland, and Jack Smith, and Joe Biden. And the guys back there in the fake news media, you should listen up as well, this one’s for you.

“If you want to get to president Trump, you’re going to have to go through me, and you’re going to have to go through 75 million Americans just like me.

“And I’m going to tell you, most of us are card-carrying members of the NRA [National Rifle Association]. That’s not a threat – that’s a public service announcement.

“We will not let you lay a finger on President Trump. Frankly, now is the time to cling to our guns and our religion.”
BBM. Fake news media, indeed. I seriously doubt her former employer, Fox News, wants her back.

JMO

I know no politics here so I won’t explain but even though I am born and bred in NYC, I’m a Republican. I have my reasons. But I do want to state that there are millions of Republicans who are repulsed by Trump and always have been.

I don’t need anyone to vote for me. I figure a lot of Republican leaders are going with the Trump flow because they need votes. And some few are true Trump acolytes.

All JMO
RSBM

Indeed there are millions of you who still respect truth and the Constitution. If there were not, he'd be back in office now. Thank you for your reasonableness.

'If you want to die in jail, keep talking' – two national security law experts discuss the special treatment for Trump and offer him some advice​

Interesting article that points out Trump IS being treated differently. Anybody else would be in jail.

Durkin: Obviously, it’s different because of who the defendant is. But I see it in kind of an opposite way: If Trump were anyone other than a former president, he would not have been given the luxury of a summons to appear in court. There would be a team of armed FBI agents outside his door at 6:30 in the morning, he would have been arrested and the government would be immediately moving to detain. So the idea that he’s being treated differently is true – but not from the way his supporters seem to be arguing.

Ooooooh we’re all shaking in our boots Kari!

Very dangerous followers, I'm afraid of another civil war from very unstable people over this,anyone else?

I’m not afraid of another civil war. I think that would take more than a few unstable people. I just don’t see anything in RL that would lead me to think that such a thing could happen. There are some loud people but I think they are just a few in the grand scheme. imo

When it was first revealed that Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate was searched by the FBI and contained hundreds of classified documents, Russian state TV host Evgeny Popov mockingly noted: “Turns out that the investigation against Trump has to do with the disappearance of secret documents from the White House, related to the development of new nuclear weapons by the United States... Obviously, if there were any important documents, they’ve been studying them in Moscow for a while. What’s the point of searching?”

Now that the search has resulted in a multitude of charges, Popov and his fellow propagandists are not nearly as giddy but still hold out the hope that the Republicans and their mouthpieces—like Russia’s beloved Tucker Carlson—will manage to harm Biden and undermine U.S. aid to Ukraine.

During Thursday’s broadcast of The Evening With Vladimir Solovyov, experts proposed being more proactive, weighing various ways to boost their favorite candidate and sink his opponent. Dmitry Evstafiev, Professor at the School of Integrated Communications, suggested: “In the West, we should be supporting crooks, scumbags, and idiots—then we will succeed! We should support them and convince them that they are geniuses.”

Drobnitsky surmised: “It’s possible that none of the leading presidential candidates will make it to the 2024 elections as free men. There is a number of pending and potential criminal cases against all of them!” He suggested: “In addition to demonstrating our successes, both in the economic field and on the frontlines of the special military operation, it’s time for us to take advantage of this. The new cornerstone of our foreign policy should be to constantly demonstrate the toxicity of the American world, the Pax Americana that previously suited everyone.” He later added: “Let all the flowers bloom, as long as our adversaries are allergic to them... We should do whatever we can to shove them out of our Eurasia.”

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck's production company has said it did not consent for its film to be used in a new campaign video by former president Donald Trump.

The clip, featuring a narration voiced by Damon from the film Air, was posted on Mr Trump's social media platform Truth Social.

The audio was used over footage of Trump as a young boy and as president.
But the studio said it did not consent to or endorse its usage for Mr Trump's political campaign.

The studio said: "Any use of material from Air by the Trump campaign where approval or consent is required, we do not grant such consent."

"We had no foreknowledge of, did not consent to and do not endorse or approve any footage or audio from Air being repurposed by the Trump campaign as a political advertisement or for any other use," Artists Equity said.

"We hereby expressly give notice that in the case of any use of material from Air by the Trump campaign where approval or consent is required, we do not grant such consent."
Mr Trump and his campaign team have not yet responded to Artists Equity's statement.

And on Monday, former national security adviser John Bolton said he too sees "big trouble for Donald Trump."

"I think this is a potentially catastrophic turn of events for him," Bolton told Morning Edition's Steve Inskeep. "It certainly should be, because if proven in trial ... it should put Trump in jail for a long time."

Bolton, who was Trump's third national security adviser from spring 2018 until his firing in the fall of 2019, is no stranger to the world of classified documents — or to criticizing Trump.

If any of the tens of thousands of people in the federal government with security classification are found to deviate from the rules in the slightest, they face severe penalties, he says, including service members being discharged.

And he points to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' — one of Trump's primary challengers — comments over the weekend that he would have been "court-martialed in a New York minute" if he had retained classified documents while in the Navy.

"We have to hold everyone accountable equally, and that does not exclude the president," Bolton adds. "I think this is a real issue that's going to have profound impacts on our national security if we don't take it seriously."

"He will try and delay this trial past the election, hoping that he'll win and can then pardon himself," he says. "But a really innocent man would insist on trial at the earliest possible date."

RSBM

Indeed there are millions of you who still respect truth and the Constitution. If there were not, he'd be back in office now. Thank you for your reasonableness.
I was a typical NYC Democrat all my life. I have my reasons why I eventually switched to Republican and that was well before Trump went into politics.

At heart I’m an Independent, but I am staying in the Republican Party precisely to vote against Trump In the primary.
I’m not afraid of another civil war. I think that would take more than a few unstable people. I just don’t see anything in RL that would lead me to think that such a thing could happen. There are some loud people but I think they are just a few in the grand scheme. imo

Unfortunately, I personally have plenty of fears.

IMO if a riot took place at our Capitol, with vandalism and police and protestors dead, over just this notion that Trump was “cheated” out of a second term, then I’m very discouraged to imagine what his rabid followers would do if he were in prison.

That would make what happened on January 6th just a mere amuse-bouche for what may lie ahead. An appetizer before the main course.

I hope you’re correct, @BayouBelle_LA , but I don’t share your optimism. If it were only “a few unstable people” and “some loud people,” January 6th would’ve just been a handful of people with protest signs.

I agree with the lawyers in the link posted by @MyBelle. In the case of Jack Texeira, he was a young guy showing off to his gamer friends on Discord, and he was immediately arrested for revealing classified information. Multiply that by the highest exponent—-a former President of the United States, also exposing classified documents, but not merely to confused boys online who just wanted to play video games.

I would venture to say that NATO, the Five Eyes countries, and Prime Ministers and Presidents of our allies would not trust state secrets to some show off on Discord, but certainly felt they could rely on safe protocols when it came to a United States president. Tragically he has proven to be on the same level as teenaged gamers.

All JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members