FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO: These are the rantings of a man who should never get anywhere near any U.S. Government office again. Trump is the actual "most corrupt president in the history of the USA." He knows that and tries to deflect and stick the label on President Joe Biden instead. But WE know the truth.

He, who wouldn't want a chandelier above their toilet?
Last week, former president Donald Trump was indicted on charges that he mishandled classified documents, allegedly storing them in, among other places, a Mar-a-Lago bathroom. A photo of the scene included in the indictment depicted stacks of boxes under a large crystal chandelier that was somehow simultaneously decadent and drab, the light fixture equivalent of Miss Havisham.

Despite the implications of this indictment for national security, the 2024 presidential race and American democracy, it was the chandelier (and the smaller, adjacent crystal sconce) that generated significant reaction from the public in the following days. Its silent witness to the (alleged) crimes unfolding below offered a different sort of indictment - of wealth and the things to which we, the middle-class masses who grew up with one or two chandelier-free bathrooms, were taught to aspire. And it raised questions, both of design and hygiene. Chief among them: Are toilet chandeliers even a thing?...

I’m not afraid of another civil war. I think that would take more than a few unstable people. I just don’t see anything in RL that would lead me to think that such a thing could happen. There are some loud people but I think they are just a few in the grand scheme. imo

I wouldn’t go so far as to predict civil war @BayouBelle_LA, but I do see what happened on Jan 6 as a precedent for what’s possible on a more widespread scale. What’s actually worse right now is Trump’s rhetoric, which I see as even more directly inciting his less stable followers to violence in order to stop “the enemy.” He is framing his legal woes as an existential threat to his followers. He is using language like “Marxist” and “Stalinist” to create irrational fear. And that’s the kind of fear that can lead people to believe they have to resist violently (as Kari Lake made clear).

So I do see the distinct possibility of widespread civil unrest focused on institutions and liberals in general, coupled with “lone wolf” attacks on individuals perceived as Trump’s mortal enemies.

I live in a downtown apartment in a town of about 22,000 that is an artsy, liberal, affluent and much-resented enclave in a rural red county. I was fully prepared for violent demonstrations here after Trump lost the election. Thankfully, it didn’t happen. The focus remained in D.C. But what I see now is the possibility that Trump’s rhetoric will create widespread uprisings. I’ve always kept a close eye on Facebook comments on news stories as a way of checking on local and national attitudes. Those comments told me that Trump was going to win in 2016 (despite the polls and predictions of talking heads). So I will continue being watchful and taking those comments seriously.

JMO

Last week, former president Donald Trump was indicted on charges that he mishandled classified documents, allegedly storing them in, among other places, a Mar-a-Lago bathroom. A photo of the scene included in the indictment depicted stacks of boxes under a large crystal chandelier that was somehow simultaneously decadent and drab, the light fixture equivalent of Miss Havisham.

Despite the implications of this indictment for national security, the 2024 presidential race and American democracy, it was the chandelier (and the smaller, adjacent crystal sconce) that generated significant reaction from the public in the following days. Its silent witness to the (alleged) crimes unfolding below offered a different sort of indictment - of wealth and the things to which we, the middle-class masses who grew up with one or two chandelier-free bathrooms, were taught to aspire. And it raised questions, both of design and hygiene. Chief among them: Are toilet chandeliers even a thing?...
I can't access the link. But it had occurred to me that putting a chandelier in a bathroom would not only be ridiculous but also a hygiene issue! IMO
ETA: corrected errors

Last edited:

For me it was the cognitive dissonance.

There had to be a reason why a man who likes to live with lavish helpings of gold and crystal everywhere would install what appears to be a cheap plastic shower curtain.

Those pictures made me viscerally aware of how much effort was put into concealing documents of paramount importance.

If Trump had nothing to hide, then why did he hide them?

IMO

I’m not afraid of another civil war. I think that would take more than a few unstable people. I just don’t see anything in RL that would lead me to think that such a thing could happen. There are some loud people but I think they are just a few in the grand scheme. imo

I hope that you are correct. The charges are so serious that many people will need time to process exactly what he has been charged with. But T will continue with his tirade about being a victim in a witch hunt. Will his followers be able to see past that, or will they listen to his call to arms?

How Trump's arraignment in Miami federal courthouse will unfold​

Here's how we expect Tuesday's arraignment to unfold.

How long will Donald Trump be in court?

The former president flew from his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, on board his plane, Trump Force One, to Miami on Monday morning. He will spend the night at the Trump National Doral, a hotel and resort in the Miami area, according to aides.

Accompanied by Secret Service officers, he is expected to motorcade from the hotel to the Wilkie D Ferguson court, where his arraignment is scheduled for around 15:00 local time (19:00 GMT). The court is about 11 miles (18km) from the hotel.

The entire hearing is set to last about an hour, after which Trump will fly back to Bedminster.

He is scheduled to give remarks there at 20:15 (00:15 GMT), shortly after landing.

What will happen in court?

Mr Trump will have the charges read to him, and he is expected to enter a plea of not guilty.

[...]

The judge is expected to release the former president on his own recognizance, meaning he will be freed without having to pay a bail bond, to return to court at a later date.

Various procedural issues are likely to be addressed, although it is thought unlikely that a trial date will be set.

[...]

Will Donald Trump have his mugshot taken?

Normally, defendants who voluntarily appear in court are handcuffed and get their fingerprints and mugshots taken.

But legal experts do not expect the former president to face the same procedures as any other defendant.

[...]

Who is Judge Aileen Cannon?

[...]

Last summer Judge Cannon granted a request by Mr Trump's legal team to grant a review of the files at the centre of this case. An appeals court later overturned her decision.

[...]

Will there be protests?

[...]

In an interview on WABC radio after the indictment, Mr Trump urged supporters to demonstrate.

"Look, our country has to protest," he said. "We have plenty of protest to protest. We've lost everything."

[...]

1686607016141.png

Very dangerous followers, I'm afraid of another civil war from very unstable people over this,anyone else?

There will be no civil war over Trump. Here’s why
(by Robert Reich, former US secretary of labor, professor of public policy at the University of California at Berkeley)

Violence is possible, but there will be no civil war.

Nations don’t go to war over whether they like or hate specific leaders. They go to war over the ideologies, religions, racism, social classes or economic policies these leaders represent.

But Trump represents nothing other than his own grievance with a system that refused him a second term and is now beginning to hold him accountable for violating the law.

Once again, Trump is demanding that Americans choose sides. But in his deranged mind, this “final battle” is not just against his normal cast of ill-defined villains. It is between those who glorify him and those who detest him.

It will be a final battle over … himself.

I hope that you are correct. The charges are so serious that many people will need time to process exactly what he has been charged with. But T will continue with his tirade about being a victim in a witch hunt. Will his followers be able to see past that, or will they listen to his call to arms?
Right now, the far-right extremists such as Proud Boys and Oath Keepers seem to be more focused on terrorizing gays and transgenders during Pride Month.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member