FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gift link: https://wapo.st/3NinkXD

My posts elsewhere: #217 and #218 -- in this thread: DC - U.S. Capitol breached by mob of demonstrators, 6 Jan 2021 #19
That is a very revealing article and very very disappointing. Merrick Garland did not, and does not really want to charge Trump with anything but was no doubt kind of forced to because the potential criminal actions were so egregious! He was actually afraid that bringing criminal actions would appear "partisan"- get me the barf bucket.

That is a very revealing article and very very disappointing. Merrick Garland did not, and does not really want to charge Trump with anything but was no doubt kind of forced to because the potential criminal actions were so egregious! He was actually afraid that bringing criminal actions would appear "partisan"- get me the barf bucket.
I simply don’t understand what everyone seems/semed to be so afraid of?

Presidents should be charged while in office, if warranted. Perhaps that law needs to change.

Just wanted to post this memorandum I stumbled on - dated Oct 16, 2020 - and written by Randolph D. Moss, Assistant Attorney General Office of Legal Counsel. It is a memorandum opinion "For the Attorney General" who was William Barr at the time.

The memorandum basically agrees with a 1973 DOJ conclusion that ..... "the indictment and criminal prosecution of a sitting President would unduly interfere with the ability of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned duties, and would thus violate the constitutional separation of powers".

The thing I find most interesting about it is the memorandum's date. 3 months prior to the end of DT's presidency.
Just prior to the Nov 2020 election (and the Big Lie), prior to the Jan 6th insurrection, prior to DT bundling up classified documents with his shirts and shoes and shipping them off to Mar A Lago.

I wonder why they were looking at the constitutionality of charging a sitting president at that time.

Last edited:
May 17, 2017

In the wake of this week's reports that President Trump appears to have provided classified information to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak — intelligence the U.S. has yet to share with our allies on combating the Islamic State — it's fair to ask what impact this will have on U.S. intelligence-gathering.

The danger is he talked so much about what he knew to two of the wiliest and most senior diplomats in the Russian Foreign Ministry.

Some anonymous Israeli intelligence officials are reportedly "boiling mad and demanding answers." Former Mossad chief Danny Yatom said, "We will think twice before conveying very sensitive information."

Foreigners may also begin to become warier about committing espionage on America's behalf.

This worry is not just confined to American officers. I asked a former British counterterrorism official what he thought about the latest Trump-Russia revelations. In return, he texted me a Bitmoji avatar of himself descending into an orange vortex with the words: "This Is Not Happening."

But it is.

How Trump's Information-Sharing Hurts The Intelligence Community

May 17, 2017

In the wake of this week's reports that President Trump appears to have provided classified information to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak — intelligence the U.S. has yet to share with our allies on combating the Islamic State — it's fair to ask what impact this will have on U.S. intelligence-gathering.

The danger is he talked so much about what he knew to two of the wiliest and most senior diplomats in the Russian Foreign Ministry.

Some anonymous Israeli intelligence officials are reportedly "boiling mad and demanding answers." Former Mossad chief Danny Yatom said, "We will think twice before conveying very sensitive information."

Foreigners may also begin to become warier about committing espionage on America's behalf.

This worry is not just confined to American officers. I asked a former British counterterrorism official what he thought about the latest Trump-Russia revelations. In return, he texted me a Bitmoji avatar of himself descending into an orange vortex with the words: "This Is Not Happening."

But it is.

Excellent information and this was precisely one of my gravest concerns.

Trump’s fascination with dictators, and his longing for their approval, causes his stupid mouth to jeopardize not only Americans, but our allies as well.

IMO he’s equivalent to a double agent, but much more dangerous since as President he had access to EVERYTHING. Yet without a scintilla of discretion.

Trump’s fascination with dictators, and his longing for their approval, causes his stupid mouth to jeopardize not only Americans, but our allies as well.

IMO he’s equivalent to a double agent, but much more dangerous since as President he had access to EVERYTHING. Yet without a scintilla of discretion.
and dont forget he could be elected president again (God forbid)

May 17, 2017

But it is.

I have to wonder if Trump's "sharing" was because he was mad Ukraine didn't investigate Hunter Biden and all his $$$$.

I'm hoping Australia bans Don Jr. His white supremacy B.S. needs to be banned by us as well as our allies.

JMO

Just wanted to post this memorandum I stumbled on - dated Oct 16, 2020 - and written by Randolph D. Moss, Assistant Attorney General Office of Legal Counsel. It is a memorandum opinion "For the Attorney General" who was William Barr at the time.

The memorandum basically agrees with a 1973 DOJ conclusion that ..... "the indictment and criminal prosecution of a sitting President would unduly interfere with the ability of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned duties, and would thus violate the constitutional separation of powers".

The thing I find most interesting about it is the memorandum's date. 3 months prior to the end of DT's presidency.
Just prior to the Nov 2020 election (and the Big Lie), prior to the Jan 6th insurrection, prior to DT bundling up classified documents with his shirts and shoes and shipping them off to Mar A Lago.

I wonder why they were looking at the constitutionality of charging a sitting president at that time.

Because they were positive he'd be back in the WH. Alas, it didn't turn out that way.

As POTUS he had access to everything and, according to him, the ability to declassify anything he wanted to.

To be clear, a POTUS has zero authority to unilaterally declassify a FVEY (FIVE EYES) document; those documents involve other nations' sources, troops and security as well. We know he had at least one of those FVEY documents at MAL based upon the pictoral evidence from this case. So his line of defence of "i can delassify something just by thinking about it" is also el toro poo poo.

This guy is a risk to many nations - not just the USofA.

As POTUS he had access to everything and, according to him, the ability to declassify anything he wanted to.

To be clear, a POTUS has zero authority to unilaterally declassify a FVEY (FIVE EYES) document; those documents involve other nations' sources, troops and security as well. We know he had at least one of those FVEY documents at MAL based upon the pictoral evidence from this case. So his line of defence of "i can delassify something just by thinking about it" is also el toro poo poo.

This guy is a risk to many nations - not just the USofA.

He is a risk to the entire world- as president he would have access to the nuclear button (or whatever it is)---aside from that fact, he could throw the entire world into chaos with his cuddling up to tyrants like Putin and whatshisname in North Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie