FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope his hurricane map made the cut!

It did. :)
But then he sent this very important document to the Archives in the first 15 boxes that the Archives received in Jan 2022.

The materials included the original versions of a letter that former President Barack Obama had left for Mr. Trump when he was first sworn in, as well as correspondence from the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un. The items also included a map Mr. Trump famously drew on with a black Sharpie marker to demonstrate the track of Hurricane Dorian heading toward Alabama in 2019 to back up a declaration he had made on Twitter that contradicted weather forecasts.

Trump Gives Documents Improperly Taken From White House to Archives

Ex-FBI analyst sentenced to prison in KC classified docs case | The Kansas City Star

A former FBI intelligence analyst from Dodge City, Kansas, who kept hundreds of classified documents at her home, including in her bathroom, was sentenced to nearly four years in prison by a federal judge in Kansas City on Wednesday for violating the same part of the Espionage Act that former President Donald Trump is accused of breaking.

The sentencing for willful retention of national defense information was the first since a federal grand jury indicted Trump earlier this month, accusing him of hoarding classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, keeping boxes of documents not only in a storage room but in a ballroom and bathroom as well.

The sentence, handed down by U.S. District Court Judge Stephen R. Bough, offered the first courtroom clue since Trump’s indictment about what the former president can expect if he is found guilty.

Ex-FBI analyst sentenced to prison in KC classified docs case | The Kansas City Star

A former FBI intelligence analyst from Dodge City, Kansas, who kept hundreds of classified documents at her home, including in her bathroom, was sentenced to nearly four years in prison by a federal judge in Kansas City on Wednesday for violating the same part of the Espionage Act that former President Donald Trump is accused of breaking.

The sentencing for willful retention of national defense information was the first since a federal grand jury indicted Trump earlier this month, accusing him of hoarding classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, keeping boxes of documents not only in a storage room but in a ballroom and bathroom as well.

The sentence, handed down by U.S. District Court Judge Stephen R. Bough, offered the first courtroom clue since Trump’s indictment about what the former president can expect if he is found guilty.
4 years?

If Trump were elected as president in 2024 it would be 4 years....Fun Fact

Last edited:
The evidence includes transcripts of grand jury testimony taken in both Washington and Florida, copies of closed-circuit television footage obtained by the government and copies of interviews of Trump “conducted by non-government entities, which were recorded with his consent and obtained” by the prosecution team of special counsel Jack Smith.

The interviews include an audio-recorded July 2021 meeting with a writer and publisher at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club in which Trump, according to the indictment, showed and described a Pentagon “plan of attack” that he said was prepared for him by the Defense Department. Also turned over to Trump’s lawyers are public statements he made that are referenced in the indictment.

The evidence includes transcripts of grand jury testimony taken in both Washington and Florida, copies of closed-circuit television footage obtained by the government and copies of interviews of Trump “conducted by non-government entities, which were recorded with his consent and obtained” by the prosecution team of special counsel Jack Smith.

The interviews include an audio-recorded July 2021 meeting with a writer and publisher at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club in which Trump, according to the indictment, showed and described a Pentagon “plan of attack” that he said was prepared for him by the Defense Department. Also turned over to Trump’s lawyers are public statements he made that are referenced in the indictment.
Raise your hand if you think Trump will not blab about this discovery--and how he has been betrayed- blah blah blah- but if does this, he can be put in jail for contempt but I cannot imagine him keeping his big mouth shut as he has been warned to do!

Federal prosecutors investigating Donald Trump’s retention of national security material were examining evidence within weeks of the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago last year that he might have handled classified documents at his Bedminster club in New Jersey, according to two people close to the matter…

Bedminster had not previously been searched after Trump received a subpoena last May for any classified-marked documents because it had been issued to the Trump political office, which is registered at Mar-a-Lago and a building in Palm Beach – not the golf club in New Jersey…

But when the new searches of the Trump properties by contractors took place, they found no classified documents at Bedminster, according to people familiar with what they certified to the then chief US judge in Washington, Beryl Howell, who was overseeing the grand jury litigation.

The results of the Bedminster search left prosecutors uneasy given the earlier evidence about indications of classified documents at the club, the people said, and prompted them to ask the Trump team for a custodian of records to attest that no further documents remained in Trump’s possession.

It was when the Trump legal team declined to make a custodian available – principally because Trump did not have one and because they were not certain themselves if every document from the White House had been returned to the government – that prosecutors sought contempt proceedings, the people said…

Though it remains uncertain when exactly prosecutors learned about the audio tape of Trump discussing the military plan to attack Iran in July 2021 at Bedminster, their suspicions were confirmed by March when they subpoenaed Trump aide Margo Martin, who made the recording, to confirm its authenticity.

Raise your hand if you think Trump will not blab about this discovery--and how he has been betrayed- blah blah blah- but if does this, he can be put in jail for contempt but I cannot imagine him keeping his big mouth shut as he has been warned to do!
As soon as documents are released to his legal team and shared with the former President, Trump will start making those preemptive strikes for which he is famous. He'll want to put his own spin on the documents from the get-go so his minions will believe him and not what is actually in the grand jury findings. When his 2020 poll numbers were dropping, and it began to look like he might not win a second term, Trump started his preemptive strike about a rigged election. After listening to these ridiculous rants for several months, his followers were convinced that Trump's loss was, indeed, the result of a rigged election. This is what he does, and it seems to work for him. JMO

As soon as documents are released to his legal team and shared with the former President, Trump will start making those preemptive strikes for which he is famous. He'll want to put his own spin on the documents from the get-go so his minions will believe him and not what is actually in the grand jury findings. When his 2020 poll numbers were dropping, and it began to look like he might not win a second term, Trump started his preemptive strike about a rigged election. After listening to these ridiculous rants for several months, his followers were convinced that Trump's loss was, indeed, the result of a rigged election. This is what he does, and it seems to work for him. JMO
Unfortunately it clearly works for him- I think the Dems need to find their voice. Biden should stay quiet but the rest of the Dems need to have a voice to challenge at least some of the lies which are believed by way too many people.

Unfortunately it clearly works for him- I think the Dems need to find their voice. Biden should stay quiet but the rest of the Dems need to have a voice to challenge at least some of the lies which are believed by way too many people.
Yesterday Rep Adam Schiff grilled John Durham in the House Judiciary Committee Hearing and got him to admit the Russians helped Trump get elected. And they censured Schiff--for telling the truth.

Schiff, a former impeachment manager against Trump, questioned Durham about whether President Trump flaunted information that was released by Russian hackers during the 2016 election. Durham repeatedly insisted he had no knowledge of the matter. But in the midst of the exchange, Durham clearly stated he doesn’t doubt the validity of evidence showing Russia was trying to help Trump—something many Republicans have vehemently denied.

“I don’t think there’s any question that Russians intruded into—hacked into the systems, they released information,” Durham said.

“And that was helpful to the Trump campaign, right?” Schiff asked.

After trying to deflect the question, Durham agreed the Russians had been helpful to the Trump campaign.

“And Trump made use of that, as I said, didn’t he, by touting those stolen documents on the campaign trail over a hundred times,” Schiff said.

Durham said he didn’t “really read the newspapers, or listen to the news.”

“So I don’t know that,” he said.

“Were you totally oblivious to Donald Trump’s use of the stolen emails on the campaign trail more than a hundred times?” Schiff asked. “Did that escape your attention?”

Durham responded that he wasn’t aware of that.

The exchange was one of multiple tense moments between Schiff and Durham throughout the day as Republicans looked to prop up Durham’s report insisting the FBI should not have investigated possible collusion between Trump and Russia in the 2016 election.

Yesterday Rep Adam Schiff grilled John Durham in the House Judiciary Committee Hearing and got him to admit the Russians helped Trump get elected. And they censured Schiff--for telling the truth.

Schiff, a former impeachment manager against Trump, questioned Durham about whether President Trump flaunted information that was released by Russian hackers during the 2016 election. Durham repeatedly insisted he had no knowledge of the matter. But in the midst of the exchange, Durham clearly stated he doesn’t doubt the validity of evidence showing Russia was trying to help Trump—something many Republicans have vehemently denied.

“I don’t think there’s any question that Russians intruded into—hacked into the systems, they released information,” Durham said.

“And that was helpful to the Trump campaign, right?” Schiff asked.

After trying to deflect the question, Durham agreed the Russians had been helpful to the Trump campaign.

“And Trump made use of that, as I said, didn’t he, by touting those stolen documents on the campaign trail over a hundred times,” Schiff said.

Durham said he didn’t “really read the newspapers, or listen to the news.”

“So I don’t know that,” he said.

“Were you totally oblivious to Donald Trump’s use of the stolen emails on the campaign trail more than a hundred times?” Schiff asked. “Did that escape your attention?”

Durham responded that he wasn’t aware of that.

The exchange was one of multiple tense moments between Schiff and Durham throughout the day as Republicans looked to prop up Durham’s report insisting the FBI should not have investigated possible collusion between Trump and Russia in the 2016 election.

I am sickened and saddened at how the Republican party can actually get away with
all of the sleazy stuff they are doing to p!ease Trump--

I am sickened and saddened at how the Republican party can actually get away with

I hear you but Democrats let them get away with it, constantly. They always hit em with the "we aren't going to sink to that level" but at some point everyone needs to be on the same playing field. JMO

I hear you but Democrats let them get away with it, constantly. They always hit em with the "we aren't going to sink to that level" but at some point everyone needs to be on the same playing field. JMO
could not agree more---the republicans act like bullies and if you try to appease a bully or
show weakness, it serves to make the bullies more aggressive

could not agree more---the republicans act like bullies and if you try to appease a bully or
show weakness, it serves to make the bullies more aggressive
This is why I'm a registered Independent ... !

"bipartisanship keeps the ship from sinking" - my quote

I doubt the majority of voters are going to let them "get away with all the sleazy stuff" when the next election rolls around.

What has unfolded over the last several months has been very revealing to those of us who assumed politicians were abiding by the same laws we must abide.

JMO

This is why I'm a registered Independent ... !

"bipartisanship keeps the ship from sinking" - my quote
I'm not a registered anything-- I vote for the person- always have and always will- I lean more towards Democratic but if the right Republican candidate came a long I would vote for that person-----Sadly though, the Republican party has clearly become the Trump party and the country is much worse off for it- we are on the precipice of losing Democracy because of it.

I doubt the majority of voters are going to let them "get away with all the sleazy stuff" when the next election rolls around.

What has unfolded over the last several months has been very revealing to those of us who assumed politicians were abiding by the same laws we must abide.

JMO
Hoping you are right: the last election surprised me-- it was supposed to be a totally red victory- it was not- I think people are sometimes smarter than we give them credit for

JUN 23, 2023
[...]

Earlier this week, reports emerged that the presiding judge Aileen M. Cannon, a Trump-appointed jurist, has set a date for the trial to begin as soon as August 14. Grassley feels the date would be good for the 2024 presidential campaign in hopefully putting the spotlight back on policy issues.

"If it goes ahead in August and gets done in August, that means it's a non-issue in the presidential campaign whether he's innocent or guilty," said Grassley. "It would be good then to have a presidential campaign based on the issues as opposed to Biden's age and the ability to do the job versus Trump's unpredictability."

The New Hartford Republican adds that plenty of policy issues should begin taking center stage ahead of 2024.

"We ought to be talking about inflation, taxes, regulation, an open border, China, and all those things that we should be talking about," he said. "Instead of Biden's age and something about Trump. That'd be useful even if Trump is innocent and he's a candidate for president."

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member