GUILTY FL - Four Year Old Thrown from Bridge by Mother, Tampa, 2 Aug 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
‘She was not an evil person,’ friend says of woman who left child to die in river
Published: August 4, 2018
[...]
More than a month earlier, on June 20, a child protective investigator from the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office had contacted her about a report that she seemed "overwhelmed and tired with caring for Je’Hyrah."

"The mother is easily distracted and doesn’t show much attention toward Je’Hyrah," a tipster said, according to the report. "She just lets her run around and do what she wants. She doesn’t seem to have the maturity to address the special needs that Je’Hyrah has."
[...]
When an investigator contacted Denson, she said she was shocked by the caller’s claim. She had alarms in her apartment, they wrote, to make sure Je’Hyrah did not get out. The home was in good shape, according to the report, and Je’Hyrah seemed well cared for.

The investigator learned that the mother had recently been working at McDonald’s.

Denson reported that she was trying to get a job that would allow her to work from home, to spend more time with her daughter. She said she wanted to help get Je’Hyrah into a school for students with needs like her, to get her daughter more help.

When the investigator was there, Je’Hyrah followed Denson all around the apartment.

On July 30, the investigator closed the case. By then, she wrote, Je’Hyrah had been accepted into a special school. She was set to start in August.

Denson’s sister and two neighbors endorsed her parenting.

"Ms. Denson appears to be a loving and involved parent," the investigator wrote.
[...]

What proof is there that the child has autism? She may have been trying to scam money with the autism crowd sourcing and just killed the child when it didn't work.
News reports stated that Je'Hyrah had autism:
‘She was not an evil person,’ friend says of woman who left child to die in river
[...]
The girl previously had been diagnosed with autism.

When an investigator contacted Denson, . . . She had alarms in her apartment, they wrote, to make sure Je’Hyrah did not get out. The home was in good shape, according to the report, and Je’Hyrah seemed well cared for.
[...]
On July 30, the investigator closed the case. By then, she wrote, Je’Hyrah had been accepted into a special school. She was set to start in August.

News reports stated that Je'Hyrah had autism:
[...]
The girl previously had been diagnosed with autism.

When an investigator contacted Denson, . . . She had alarms in her apartment, they wrote, to make sure Je’Hyrah did not get out. The home was in good shape, according to the report, and Je’Hyrah seemed well cared for.
[...]
I would be curious to find out who diagnosed the child or did the mother just tell a doctor that she already had a diagnosis for autism and the doctor took the mom's word for it. The mother was obviously nuttier than a fruitcake and I keep thinking of Munchausen by proxy. I wonder who reported her for child abuse and why they reported her. Somebody saw something and tried to intervene but it didn't work. What did they see? Mom seems tired and the child plays outside just doesn't seem to be anything. I wish the investigation report would be open to the public.

I would be curious to find out who diagnosed the child or did the mother just tell a doctor that she already had a diagnosis for autism and the doctor took the mom's word for it. The mother was obviously nuttier than a fruitcake and I keep thinking of Munchausen by proxy. I wonder who reported her for child abuse and why they reported her. Somebody saw something and tried to intervene but it didn't work. What did they see? Mom seems tired and the child plays outside just doesn't seem to be anything. I wish the investigation report would be open to the public.
I know there are wacko incompetent unprofessional doctors, but I seriously doubt "the mother just tell a doctor that she already had a diagnosis for autism and the doctor took the mom's word for it".

Much of the investigative report will eventually be made public. Anyone can request public records:
Public Records Center

Lovely photos posted:
Updated: August 5, 2018 at 09:38 AM

AR-308049709.jpg

I know there are wacko incompetent unprofessional doctors, but I seriously doubt "the mother just tell a doctor that she already had a diagnosis for autism and the doctor took the mom's word for it".

Much of the investigative report will eventually be made public. Anyone can request public records:
Public Records Center
Many doctors will take the parent's explanation as truth because 99% of the time it is the truth. I have migraines and I just tell my new doctor what meds don't work and that my MRI was clear, and what meds I like or what I want to try. I never have to prove anything.
I'm sure many doctors take the caregiver's word for autism and why not? Munchausen by proxy is a very rare disorder. Many doctors have fallen for it.
These Munchausen By Proxy Cases Are Horrifying

Public Records Center
You can't request children's abuse investigations. They are confidential to protect the child.
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

You can't request children's abuse investigations. They are confidential to protect the child.
I stated "Anyone can request public records". This doesn't mean anyone will receive the requested records. But in this case, since the child died, anyone can get the records, with minor redactions:
(2) Except as provided in subsection (4), access to such records, excluding the name of the reporter which shall be released only as provided in subsection (5), shall be granted only to the following persons, officials, and agencies:
(o) Any person in the event of the death of a child determined to be a result of abuse, abandonment, or neglect. Information identifying the person reporting abuse, abandonment, or neglect shall not be released. Any information otherwise made confidential or exempt by law shall not be released pursuant to this paragraph.

I stated "Anyone can request public records". This doesn't mean anyone will receive the requested records. But in this case, since the child died, anyone can get the records, with minor redactions:
(2) Except as provided in subsection (4), access to such records, excluding the name of the reporter which shall be released only as provided in subsection (5), shall be granted only to the following persons, officials, and agencies:
(o) Any person in the event of the death of a child determined to be a result of abuse, abandonment, or neglect. Information identifying the person reporting abuse, abandonment, or neglect shall not be released. Any information otherwise made confidential or exempt by law shall not be released pursuant to this paragraph.
Is she facing abuse charges in addition to murder? Don't get me wrong, I consider the murder of a child to be child abuse. I just read that part as meaning if the child died and the murderer faces actual child abuse charges, any reports are obtainable since they would be part of the trial. I hope they do release the reports even though it would probably make me cry.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
This story is so heartbreaking. As a single mother of a non-verbal autistic son, I believe she became overwhelmed and simply snapped. Been there and done that, but at least I had the sense to knock on a neighbor's door and say "take him, I'm going to kill him" prior to anything happening. A walk down the beach was all it took for me to recover, but had it not been for my neighbor being home it might not have turned out the same. And I had plenty of resources that this poor woman did not. I had money and had my child in all kinds of therapy after school, every day. Also, I was also fortunate to have had him declared "handicapped" (I prefer differently able) early so that he started school at age 2 and got more services there (and a six hour break for me). This little girl was just going to start school this year. I feel for this poor mother. BTW, thanks to all the early intervention my son is now 35, fully functional, verbal, and has lived on his own now for 12 years. He currently is a store manager for Walmart, after leaving Publix after 16 years employment.

Last edited:
Mother accused of drowning daughter told police girl was now ‘pure’ and with grandmother
Published: August 6, 2018
Updated: August 6, 2018 at 03:29 PM

TAMPA — As she sat in a police car after leaving her daughter in the river to drown, court records say, Shakayla Denson made a comment that offered a potential clue about what she’d done.
Denson "spontaneously stated (that) now the victim was ‘pure’ and was with her grandmother," according to a court filing.
[...]

Mother accused of drowning daughter told police girl was now ‘pure’ and with grandmother
Published: August 6, 2018
Updated: August 6, 2018 at 03:29 PM

TAMPA — As she sat in a police car after leaving her daughter in the river to drown, court records say, Shakayla Denson made a comment that offered a potential clue about what she’d done.
Denson "spontaneously stated (that) now the victim was ‘pure’ and was with her grandmother," according to a court filing.
[...]
That's creepy. Poor little girl. She never had a chance.

I wonder what tests she was given to differentiate between a late talker, mute, or autism. Her mother seemed to be uncaring and didn't pay much attention to her. Perhaps she never was spoken to and that was affecting her development.
Or perhaps as it has been reported over and over again, she was a non verbal autistic child.

Or perhaps as it has been reported over and over again, she was a non verbal autistic child.
At 4 yrs of age, she could also be a slow starter or mute as well as nonverbal. If her mother didn't speak to her much, she would have a hard time learning to speak. After all, it's a LEARNED behavior. Also, there is a lot of error when it comes to an autism diagnosis on a child of 3 or less. The mother was claiming her child was autistic for over a year. Psychology is not an exact science.

From all reports it seems to me she was a doting and caring mother who snapped for some reason. Possibly some mental illness; several mental illnesses are most likely to appear in women in their late 20's (ex: schizophrenia). Shakayla is 26.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back