GUILTY FL - Fred Laster, 16, found dismembered, Lake City, 5 June 1994 *youth pastor arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Other possible victims:
NC
1.) James Roberts- 19 year old white male, Boone NC. Last seen walking away from a bus stop corner. DLS- April, 21, 2016
2.) Jonathan Brackett- 18 year old white male, New Hanover County, North Carolina DLS- August 01, 2009
3.)
Terry Lowery- 19 year old native american male, Robeson County, North Carolina DLS- May 8,1995
4.)
Douglas Simmons- 20 year old white male, Wake County, North Carolina DLS- July 10, 1990 Missing from a Grateful Dead concert. Drove up from Florida where he went to college to see concert. Possible sighting of him at a rest area and severely disoriented. (drugged possibly?)
5.)
Lindsey Baker, Jr- 17 yr old white male, Hiddenite, NC DLS- June 1, 1989 last seen leaving his home. Never returned.

South Carolina-
1.)Marlo Mack -
17 year old black/african american male, West Columbia, SC. DLS- April 3, 2015. Looks much younger.
2.)
William Kent- 20 yr old white male, went missing from Beaufort County, South Carolina on a college field trip. From Asheville, NC. DLS 10- 19- 2010
3.)
Ignacio Perez-Feria- 17 year old hispanic/latino male, Greenville County, South Carolina, DLS- Jan. 18,2008

(Will continue possible victims later)

Couple of interesting notes in this report:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/crime/what-inspectors-found-inside-hydes-home/424937325

"On March 15th Code Enforcement sent a notice to Hyde in jail detailing the violations on his property. He has 60 days to get everything up to code on his property before the case is sent to a Special magistrate for a hearing. In the past Hyde has received several similar letters and the cases did go to a Special Magistrate. In some of those cases Hyde did get the property cleaned up and up to code but he reports being “100% disabled” so he hired a contractor. This time, he has to either do it himself or find family in the area to do it for him. So far we are told no family has been located nearby. A source close to the investigation tells us the house will most likely be condemned."

So if he was "100% disabled" how was he continuing to work, and travel?

Couple of interesting notes in this report:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/crime/what-inspectors-found-inside-hydes-home/424937325

"On March 15th Code Enforcement sent a notice to Hyde in jail detailing the violations on his property. He has 60 days to get everything up to code on his property before the case is sent to a Special magistrate for a hearing. In the past Hyde has received several similar letters and the cases did go to a Special Magistrate. In some of those cases Hyde did get the property cleaned up and up to code but he reports being “100% disabled” so he hired a contractor. This time, he has to either do it himself or find family in the area to do it for him. So far we are told no family has been located nearby. A source close to the investigation tells us the house will most likely be condemned."

So if he was "100% disabled" how was he continuing to work, and travel?

And to think my dad couldn't even get 100% disability from the VA for his cancer, but this jerk claims it. Loser!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...p-teen-kept-counseling-kids-for-23-years.html
UNHOLY

Pastor Arrested for Chopping Up Teen Kept Counseling Kids for 23 Years

Fred Laster’s siblings told police about the last man seen with him, but nothing happened for the next 23 years. Now authorities and a mom say Ron Hyde may be more than a murderer.

"Fred Laster, 16, was last seen with local youth pastor Ron Hyde several days earlier. Laster hitched a ride with Hyde after a family argument, according to his sister. Laster and hisfive siblings were living with their elderly grandparents at the time, after their mom died from cancer four years earlier.

When Laster called his twin sister later, the boy “sounded distant, emotional,” she told police.

She asked Laster if he was alright and he said he was with Hyde. It was the last she ever heard from him."

:sick:

I would like to thank you guys for staying dedicated to this case. I know Fred's family personally. I met his twin in 1998. She is currently married to my brother. For years she sought answers on what happened to Freddy. I believed she prayed that he had merely ran away and was safe somewhere. The family can now seek some closure because they know where he is. I do have a question though. We all know Hyde is guilty of Freddy's death without a doubt. He has to know that he won't be getting out for this. If there's other victims, why won't he just say where they are? Have they determined a cause of death yet?

On the subject of other potential victims I don't believe the two who went missing at the same time could be victims of his. It doesn't fit the mo with Freddy's death. I don't think he'd have the strength to subdue two victims at the same time. You would think that the boys would have fought him once they realized what was going on.

I've been reading the article and notice that one of the files contained three names, one named Paul. I am certain overtime LE will elaborate on this, but to me I wonder if Paul could have been Freddy because of the middle name connection? That is if the file is dated. Something to consider based on the fact that Ronnie Hyde’s background gave him power over children and teens and if he was capable of murdering Freddy, I’m certain he could be capable of producing child *advertiser censored* and being involved in a ring; something that could have very well been linked to the International Investigation that he was named in that involved exploitation of minors.

I would like to thank you guys for staying dedicated to this case. I know Fred's family personally. I met his twin in 1998. She is currently married to my brother. For years she sought answers on what happened to Freddy. I believed she prayed that he had merely ran away and was safe somewhere. The family can now seek some closure because they know where he is. I do have a question though. We all know Hyde is guilty of Freddy's death without a doubt. He has to know that he won't be getting out for this. If there's other victims, why won't he just say where they are? Have they determined a cause of death yet?

On the subject of other potential victims I don't believe the two who went missing at the same time could be victims of his. It doesn't fit the mo with Freddy's death. I don't think he'd have the strength to subdue two victims at the same time. You would think that the boys would have fought him once they realized what was going on.

Hey there! As I mentioned to the family that I have been in contact with, I am sorry for the loss of your family member Freddy. For many years, this case was dear to my heart and I stayed following up on it especially when I moved to Oregon from Florida in 2015. The Sheriffs Office, prior to everything coming together, thought this group as well as the small group of people that I had on the ground were nuts! Then last year, they understood the good that we were attempting and I was one of the first people through a family member of Freddy’s, to find out about the identity in mid 2016.

On that note, with the arrest at this point, Ronnie Hyde could have been capable of anything. With the way everything is going, its coming to light that he was a sick individual and had been on the loose for 23 years since Freddy’s death. I am sure he has other victims out there and will probably come to light soon, especially with the recent charges of child *advertiser censored*. So with that, I wouldn’t put it past him that he put those two boys in a bad situation IF he was involved (lets remember we can’t make assumptions until the links are officially made.)

To answer your question on the reason why Ronnie Hyde isn’t sharing info is because probably he may have actually shared everything with Law Enforcement; however they are playing with kid gloves at this moment considering that this is easily becoming a high profile case. Also too, if he had other victims he sexually assaulted and admitted to it, it may not come out till much later or until the trial (If there is one).

With that, I hope the family finds peace in knowing Freddy was found and that his murderer has been arrested. With this arrest, he can no longer hurt anyone else.

WEBSITE INFO!!!!

Hello Sleuthers:

I am working on a new website dedicated to the case as well as to the 1978 Lake City John Doe. It should be done in a few days and will be working on keeping it up to date. DaisyChains, I will be sending you an email shortly to inquire about something. For everyone else, if you wish to be a contributer to the site please let me know. I could be very well finished with it by the end of the night. It would also help to have someone on the ground in the area to attend the court proceedings prior to the trial so that way we can provide the public with up-to-the-minute information on the case. Thanks to all who have been contributing to this forum and sharing information. It is greatly appreciated!

Jason

Additionally, I am also sad to report the passing of the lady who found the torso, Ms. Rebecca Hunt. I was able to receive correspondence from her about four years ago (as mentioned in a previous post several pages back). She was able to recount briefly what happened that fateful day and unfortunately was not able to live long enough to see this case come to a close. Here is the link to her obituary from Legacy:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/erietimesnews/obituary.aspx?pid=182216468

Additionally, I am also sad to report the passing of the lady who found the torso, Ms. Rebecca Hunt. I was able to receive correspondence from her about four years ago (as mentioned in a previous post several pages back). She was able to recount briefly what happened that fateful day and unfortunately was not able to live long enough to see this case come to a close. Here is the link to her obituary from Legacy:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/erietimesnews/obituary.aspx?pid=182216468

Its always so sad to see news like this. I have faith she knows of this good development even from the other side :)

as for the names found in connection with Hyde's child *advertiser censored*:

"[FONT=&quot]Cindy, Steven and Paul."

Any missing kids in FL or the Carolinas (even Georgia) by those names?

I'm sure LE is on top of it already, but man...

Sounds like this monster preferred both girls and boys, but probably found boys easier for him to come in contact with (I mean - most parents wont let a their preteen-teenage girl hang with a grown man).[/FONT]

Missing boys named Paul:

Here is a boy named Paul missing 1987 from SC:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5817/2/

Another Paul missing in 1976 from FL:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5787/6/

Here are the missing Stevens:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25035/18/

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20533/30/

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19513/33/

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4009/36/ (more the age Hyde prefers)

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7207/41/

Missing Cindy's:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12939/1/

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4553/5/

I'm sure it is likely none of these missing kids are the children that Hyde had some connection to. Hopefully Cindy, Steven, and Paul were not victims or if they were at least they are still alive.

I would like to thank you guys for staying dedicated to this case. I know Fred's family personally. I met his twin in 1998. She is currently married to my brother. For years she sought answers on what happened to Freddy. I believed she prayed that he had merely ran away and was safe somewhere. The family can now seek some closure because they know where he is.
misplaced_love, my prayers are with Fred's family extended family - I know this tragedy touches all of you, not just your sister-in-law. As far as other victims, I'm sure RH's attorney has advised him to say nothing to anyone - particularly not before judgement has come down in this case. And any evidence of other victims that law enforcement found during their search is probably going to be kept pretty close to the vest. I think any specific info shared by LEO particularly the FBI, regarding other victims, will be frustratingly limited in the near term.

Real quick, just wanted to let everyone know that I have made an official request for the autopsy report from the Medical Examiners Office in Jacksonville to add on to the website. Stay tuned.

LATEST UPDATE: Ronnie Hyde has plead not guilty in the murder of 16-year-old Fred Laster. Details can be found here:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/man-accused-of-killing-teen-in-1994-arraigned

A Pre-Trial hearing has been set up for May 16th.

Seriously?

I am all for innocent until proven guilty, but his bloodied t shirt was found there, that is NOT circumstantial evidence, but fact. For someone who does not know your legal system well, why would he do that? If he would plead guilty, would not case get closed and he was off to jail? While pleading Not guilty - it goes to trial with possibility of very harsh sentence? Is he wishing for miracle or am I missing something?

Seriously?

I am all for innocent until proven guilty, but his bloodied t shirt was found there, that is NOT circumstantial evidence, but fact. For someone who does not know your legal system well, why would he do that? If he would plead guilty, would not case get closed and he was off to jail? While pleading Not guilty - it goes to trial with possibility of very harsh sentence? Is he wishing for miracle or am I missing something?

Looks like Ronnie should go to church and pray for a miracle.

Oh wait his church was ******ed and disgraced for financial fraud and no longer exists. And he is in jail. Woops!

But in all seriousness, I thought the same thing about his DNA clearly being present at the crime scene and his pleading innocent is pretty brazen considering the evidence and potential outcome should he be found guilty. I guess his lawyer is just letting him take his own path?

I probably would let the guy, too. Let him shoot himself in the foot. Good riddance!

I hope the FBI have talked to and intend to keep up with Hyde and his involvement with child exploitation beyond this case. There likely are more victims - if not murder victims then at least abuse victims. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty common to plead not guilty, hoping to reach a plea bargain for a lesser sentence later. If capital murder is involved, that might be his only strategy to avoid the death penalty.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

most ppl are advised by their attorney to plea not guilty initially.

Seriously?

Exactly Carbuff; but everyone keep in mind that because the murder occurred in 1994, they have to try this according to the 1994 law books. According to Fred's brother Richard in a previous conversation I had with him, that is what's happening; and because of the 2nd degree murder charge, he will not be eligible for the death penalty according to the laws written back then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back