GUILTY FL - Fred Laster, 16, found dismembered, Lake City, 5 June 1994 *youth pastor arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think he looks familiar also, maybe a drawing was made of him on another case that we both read??

I think he looks familiar also, maybe a drawing was made of him on another case that we both read??

Agreed on him looking familiar as he reminds me of Chet from "Weird Science". ;)

But really, he does look mighty familiar. I too wonder if maybe we all have seen him in a sketch. Hm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed on him looking familiar as he reminds me of Chet from "Weird Science". ;)

But really, he does look mighty familiar. I too wonder if maybe we all have seen him in a sketch. Hm.

I sent a cpoy to my sister to see if he looked familiar to her, and her first question was is it a guy or a girl. I had only shot her a head profile. makes you wonder if we had seen him as a "woman" on another thread.

Hyde graduated from Fletcher High School, worked as a correctional officer in Jacksonville in the 1970s, got a bachelor's in psychology from the University of North Florida in 1981 and earned a Masters in Counselor Education from UNF in 1998. He became a mental health counselor in 2001 and was working as a contract employee for a health services provider for the Department of Corrections."

He was also a youth pastor prior to becoming a counselor and then counseled through churches.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/search-continues-at-homes-owned-by-man-accused-of-killing-teen
Thank you Ray!:tyou:

I sent a cpoy to my sister to see if he looked familiar to her, and her first question was is it a guy or a girl. I had only shot her a head profile. makes you wonder if we had seen him as a "woman" on another thread.
HAHA!
Guy or girl! :laughing:I am thinking we have seen a sketch of him possibly. He's just too familiar. It's really creeping me out.

:silly:

JasonFutch I salute you!

There is no doubt in my mind that you were the one who brought this very cold case back to spotlight, made public and media aware and kept LE interested hence contributing big way in finally identifying Fred.

Fred looks so young and innocent in that photo, pour soul. I can't imagine horrors he went through in last hours of his short life. May he finally rest in peace :rose:.

Licensed mental health counselors (LMHC) are in short supply everywhere, but Florida has a serious lack of psychologists and psychiatrists. An LMHC can easily have a full-time job and any number of part-time gigs reviewing files, working with grant programs or other counseling programs, like Hyde did with churches over the years. With his past connections with criminal justice - prior corrections officer, working with the state Department of Corrections mental health provider, his supposed skill set would be in demand.

I'm very curious if he had any past employment peripherally with any of the local child guidance clinics, the school system or juvenile justice. That could lead to a connection with the other two missing boys from Jacksonville, Mark Degner and Brian Hayes. If he had contact with them via his job, it would be easy for them to trust him and be who they called for help on the day they disappeared.

My question is how after all these years, has none of the bodies been located?
I wonder what kind of things he has access to that could destroy a body and evidence?
What are your thoughts on the possibility of them finding more bodies on his properties?
Is it known where Toole lived when he was in Jacksonville?
I can't imagine what these parents are going through right now if their child was a victim of this monster.
Heartbreaking!
Does anyone think he will confess?

Shudder.

When I think of the number of vacant buildings here in Sarasota County and number of sex offenders on the list I can only guess it would be too easy to come across a body or two.

As for Hyde, I read about this in the news a few days ago - yeah much has been made of his being a "youth pastor" but once again, sex offenders are always seeking out children. They will not exactly be taking jobs where there are no children, whether it is salaried or volunteer. At any rate I am glad the victim in this case, Fred Laster, has been identified. RIP

Hm.

No wonder I could not find a website for that Strength for Living Church in Oceanway.

Looks like they are out of business, and its pastor, Ed Stalnecker, was crooked too. Ripping off church members and retirees.

People are coming forward.
"As the property search ended Friday, the investigation is just beginning, as the FBI placed billboards at eight locations around Jacksonville asking for people who may have information about Hyde to come forward."
(snipped)
"Since the arrest, several people have come forward, revealing their alleged past encounters with Ronnie Hyde.

“There's the whole additional investigation of any other potential victims that may be involved in this. And then there's trial preparation. You know, this will have to go through the justice process,” Chrabot said."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/fbi-billboards-looking-for-help-in-hyde-case

People are coming forward.
"As the property search ended Friday, the investigation is just beginning, as the FBI placed billboards at eight locations around Jacksonville asking for people who may have information about Hyde to come forward."
(snipped)
"Since the arrest, several people have come forward, revealing their alleged past encounters with Ronnie Hyde.

“There's the whole additional investigation of any other potential victims that may be involved in this. And then there's trial preparation. You know, this will have to go through the justice process,” Chrabot said."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/fbi-billboards-looking-for-help-in-hyde-case
Thank God!
It's very brave of them to step forward and speak out from a victims perspective!

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/i...o-arrest-murder-suspect-ronnie-hyde/501639066

Very interesting story on WHY it took so long to identify Fred and arrest Ronnie.

"However, the timeline raises questions about whether the systems put in place worked as they should have or whether more training is needed when it comes to missing-persons cases.
Action News Jax is working to confirm whether JSO reached out to the NCMEC or NamUs through the course of its investigation."

More at link. I wish they would have brought up Jason's contributions to advocating for Fred. They may not even know about Jason.

I wonder if he ever held anyone captive there...

I tend to think Ronnie is the type to keep bodies away from his residence. He left Fred's body pretty far from where he lived. I think he may have been organized/smart enough to not have bodies on his property. JMO

Ugh, how creepy that property is!

I wonder if he kept any "mementos' of the people he may have murdered??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee
Back