GUILTY FL - Fred Laster, 16, found dismembered, Lake City, 5 June 1994 *youth pastor arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok a quick list of possible victims for this monster:
Feel free to move it to another thread dedicated to possible victims.

Possible victims of Ronnie Leon Hyde
Kelly Hollan Jr. Feb 1982- 6 yrs old - Kentucky
Etan Patz May25, 1979 NY 6 yrs old
Tyler Payne Jan 15 2007 Arizona

Florida
April 28,1977 Keith Fleming 13- Brevard County. Broken leg at time and was walking home. Easy target.
August 30, 1976 Paul Allard 14- Dade County had a hurt hand and may have been trying to get home to CT
March 27, 1979 Kippling Hess III Brevard County.
November 16, 1981 Gregory Mitchell 16 Polk County
August 22, 1983 Clifton Leonard 16 Polk County may need medical attention. Last seen leaving a friends home.
May 27,1986 Chester Wetmore 14- Manatee Florida last seen leaving his home.
Feb. 06, 1989 Andrew Allison 17 Clay County.
Aug 25, 1989 Danny Jackson 12 Alachua County seen driving off in a 1970s brown vehicle with two guys.
Dec. 06,1998 Rigoberto Perez 16 Hillsborough. only 113 lbs
Sept. 11, 2000 Zachary Bernhardt 8 Pinellas County. Taken from his bed
Sept 13, 2001 Juan Camacho 14. Dade County
Feb 10, 2005 Bryan Hayes 13 Duval County
Feb. 10, 2005 Mark Degner 12 Duval County Brian and Mark both disppeared together.
Dec. 16, 2005 Antonio Gomez 15. Broward County
Feb. 23, 2006 Guadalupe Ruiz 16-17 Sarasota County- last seen leaving ymca youth shelter.
April 14, 2007 Tomas Martinez 17 sarasota county. Left YMCA youth shelter to go be a migrate worker?
Dec. 26, 2007 Simon Santos- Vargas 16 Dady county
October 17, 2008 Aaron Tapasoa 17 Dade County
May 05, 2013 William Patient 16 Palm Beach County - went missing on a group trip from a treatment center
Oct. 6, 2014 Christian Camacho 16 alachua County
Feb 14 2015 Antonio Aprile 14 Broward County
Nov. 14, 2015 Felix Martinez 16 Osceola County may need medical attention (psych?)

I truly think there is a serial killer in Broward County. WAY to many people go missing there.
Like seriously... on Namus type in Broward County and Fl then search! 117 cases in that county alone!
and 94 UID just in that area!
Woah.

I know the local news links like news4Jax link were already posted earlier in this thread, but I encourage checking for updates. A lot more updates since yesterday evening: http://www.news4jax.com/news/fbi-executing-search-warrant-at-jax-beach-home

The FBI said that as a counselor, Hyde likely had "extensive access" to other children over the years and asked anyone who might have been victimized by Hyde to call 904-248-7000.

Great sleuthing kudos to Fred's family, and for their tireless pursuit to find out what happened to him and to bring his killer to justice!

Was the Walsh murder ever PROVEN to be him?

Not with irrefutable physical evidence, but the circumstantial evidence was very solid, and there were at least two eyewitnesses who saw Toole at the scene of Adam's kidnapping, and described Toole's white Cadillac right down to the dent on his bumper. There was also luminol evidence, that was never looked at until 25 years later, showing what appeared to be a bloody imprint of Adam's face in the carpeting of Toole's Cadillac. Unfortunately, the evidence from the Cadillac was all lost, so they are unable to do DNA testing on the carpeting.

Latest from the Jacksonville paper: http://jacksonville.com/news/public...des-long-cold-case-suspect-s-jacksonville-and

Hyde should be making his first appearance in court today at 1:00.

In 1994, when Laster went missing, there was a lot of upheaval in both the Nassau and Duval County Sheriff's offices. In Duval, a hotly-contested three-way race for sheriff was in full swing, which culminated in the election of the county's first African-American sheriff. A lot of experienced personnel left during and after the election, resulting in new, less seasoned detectives and other support personnel across the agency.

Nassau County's sheriff had been arrested for drug dealing the year before Laster's disappearance, along with his chief deputy. That agency, too, had a pretty significant turnover of personnel.

None of this excuses what appears to be quite a lackluster effort on the part of both agencies to follow up on this disappearance at the time. But again, remembering what law enforcement was like in many agencies during that era, young men who "disappeared" were often assumed to be runaways. Sharing of information was largely still via teletype, largely paper based, especially in smaller agencies - so you had to hope the piece of paper from the teletype with the critical information on it made it to the person who was supposed to see it.

Additionally, anyone connected with "counseling" or a church was often culturally considered above reproach in southern communities, regardless of how creepy their behavior was. A lot of trust has been placed in youth ministers, preachers, reverends, priests - and a lot of that trust has been abused. Not to mention how difficult those who betray trust makes it for those who truly deserve it.

The issues with the police departments there as well as race is not foreign to me. We lived there around that time when I was a kid and those were the two major reasons we ended up moving away! Could you imagine? I'm hoping things have improved greatly. Seems like they have thank goodness.

But how many kids got lost in the mess back in the early 90's there in Duvall County? Breaks my heart to even think about. Not just lost and missing, but also just not cared for properly by authorities that want to peace their communities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok a quick list of possible victims for this monster:
Feel free to move it to another thread dedicated to possible victims.

Possible victims of Ronnie Leon Hyde
Kelly Hollan Jr. Feb 1982- 6 yrs old - Kentucky
Etan Patz May25, 1979 NY 6 yrs old
Tyler Payne Jan 15 2007 Arizona

Florida
April 28,1977 Keith Fleming 13- Brevard County. Broken leg at time and was walking home. Easy target.
August 30, 1976 Paul Allard 14- Dade County had a hurt hand and may have been trying to get home to CT
August 22, 1983 Clifton Leonard 16 Polk County may need medical attention. Last seen leaving a friends home.
Aug 25, 1989 Danny Jackson 12 Alachua County seen driving off in a 1970s brown vehicle with two guys.
Feb. 10, 2005 Mark Degner 12 Duval County Brian and Mark both disppeared together.

Feb. 23, 2006 Guadalupe Ruiz 16-17 Sarasota County- last seen leaving ymca youth shelter.
April 14, 2007 Tomas Martinez 17 sarasota county. Left YMCA youth shelter to go be a migrate worker?
May 05, 2013 William Patient 16 Palm Beach County - went missing on a group trip from a treatment center
Nov. 14, 2015 Felix Martinez 16 Osceola County may need medical attention (psych?)

I truly think there is a serial killer in Broward County. WAY to many people go missing there.
Like seriously... on Namus type in Broward County and Fl then search! 117 cases in that county alone!
and 94 UID just in that area!
Woah.

News4Jax is currently looking into the case of 2 boys that disappeared 8-9 miles from Hyde's Talleyrand home (names BBM that reporters are trying to link).
Also, there has been a conviction in the Etan Patz case: http://nypost.com/2017/02/14/pedro-hernandez-convicted-of-murdering-etan-patz-in-1979/

I am not sure that this guy targeted kids who were out and about and abducted them. I have a feeling he used his position to come in contact with at risk individuals who could go missing without people thinking it was something nefarious. I am interested in how exactly he was connected to Fred prior to murdering the boy. Was he counseling him for juvenile delinquency issues for example?

I worry that this monster really paid attention to his hunt - made sure his victims would be the type to possibly runaway from home b/c they had behavioral/legal issues. JMOO no fact behind it. JMO.
Kirkland is Fred's older cousin.

"Kirkland said there were five siblings in the Laster family and that he lived next to them in Yulee. Family members told News4Jax Fred was one of six children being raised by elderly grandparents living on Social Security after their mother died of cancer and their father left the family."

(snipped)

"Hyde, who Kirkland called Ron, was a youth pastor at the Oceanway church that the Laster family attended in the early 1990s. Kirkland said Hyde always wanted to hang out with the young boys -- never the girls. He also tried to be with the boys one-on-one, never in a group.'

(snipped)

Hyde apparently concentrated on Fred's older brother until he went into the service, then Hyde became focused on Fred. He would take them on expensive excursions and buy them clothing and other expensive items...

http://www.news4jax.com/news/cousin-of-boy-killed-in1994-not-surprised-by-ronnie-hydes-arrest

This is exactly what I was worried about :notgood::tears:

"A law enforcement expert who was working with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office when Laster went missing in 1994 said that the scenario in which the Laster siblings met Hyde is a classic situation for child predators.
“Often those who are victims are victims because they don't have solid, true family connections,” Greg DiFranza said."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/cousin-of-boy-killed-in1994-not-surprised-by-ronnie-hydes-arrest

Florida

Bolded are cases being looked into.

My question is how after all these years, has none of the bodies been located?
I wonder what kind of things he has access to that could destroy a body and evidence?
What are your thoughts on the possibility of them finding more bodies on his properties?
Is it known where Toole lived when he was in Jacksonville?
I can't imagine what these parents are going through right now if their child was a victim of this monster.
Heartbreaking!
Does anyone think he will confess?

Here's the link re: other cases that may be linked to this crime.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/closure-in-23-year-old-missing-person-case
Thank you for that update!
Do you think he could have pulled off two young teen boys by himself? He was about 48 then.
Gosh WHY does this man look so dang familiar???!!!!
I think he had accomplices along the way honestly. If the FBI are interested in him, that tells you something. He may have been doing sex trafficking or something and had low life guys that did some of the dirty work for him. But I doubt very seriously only 3 could be or are victims. I think his count is much higher than that.
I think he tried to target kids that wouldn't be missed quickly or possibly illegals whose parents may be afraid to go to the cops. Starting to agree that he probably studied his victims before taking them.
BUT I don't think he would take all of his victims from nearby. He'd spread out more to widen the trail. Possibly why he loved to travel. This guy gives me the absolute creeps.
Does anyone else have that strong radar that goes off around people sometimes only to find out later it was for good reason?
I think my radar would have been maxed out on this guy. :notgood:

Shelby Farah, 20 years old, was robbed and murdered in a Jacksonville, Florida MetroPC store in 2013.

"When her 20-year-old daughter was killed four years ago, Farah said that a detective asked her to set up a Facebook page to gather leads in the case.

"A detective told me to accept every friend request, so I just accepted every friend request," Farah said.

Farah said she would receive messages from people offering their help -- from legal services to counseling."

(snipped)

"But she said what was even more strange and alarming is that at the time Hyde sent the messages, her son was 16 years old -- the same age as Fred Laster when he disappeared.

"He kept saying, 'I could help your son,'" Farah said. "That was the last time I heard from him.""

http://www.news4jax.com/news/people-reveal-strange-encounters-with-1994-murder-suspect

Thank you for that update!
Do you think he could have pulled off two young teen boys by himself? He was about 48 then.
Gosh WHY does this man look so dang familiar???!!!!
I think he had accomplices along the way honestly. If the FBI are interested in him, that tells you something. He may have been doing sex trafficking or something and had low life guys that did some of the dirty work for him. But I doubt very seriously only 3 could be or are victims. I think his count is much higher than that.
I think he tried to target kids that wouldn't be missed quickly or possibly illegals whose parents may be afraid to go to the cops. Starting to agree that he probably studied his victims before taking them.
BUT I don't think he would take all of his victims from nearby. He'd spread out more to widen the trail. Possibly why he loved to travel. This guy gives me the absolute creeps.
Does anyone else have that strong radar that goes off around people sometimes only to find out later it was for good reason?
I think my radar would have been maxed out on this guy. :notgood:

PositiveLight, your instincts are right (BBM). I found this in the following link.

"Hyde, who has lived in Jacksonville most of his life and has traveled frequently in the U.S. and abroad, was named a subject in a previous international child exploitation case several years ago."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/search-continues-at-homes-owned-by-man-accused-of-killing-teen

"Detectives believe that Hyde drove his elderly father's Chevrolet Camaro to dump the body, and committed the crime while wearing his father's flannel shirt -- one of the only clues early on in the case. The report said the shirt was left in the dumpster next to the body, along with bath mats and outdated bath appliques.

Laster's siblings told detectives that they matched the bath decor in Hyde's father's house in Jacksonville Beach, into which Hyde later moved.

The arrest affidavit said police took trash from outside of Hyde's home last year and obtained Hyde's DNA, which was a match to DNA on the flannel shirt. The report said the odds of it being anyone but the killer was 700 billion to one. It is believed that the rest of Fred Laster's body has never been found."
(snipped)
"The FBI confirmed Wednesday that a medical examiner was at the Jacksonville Beach property but would not elaborate on why."
Neighbors also report that a lot of evidence has been removed from the home to a large U-Haul truck.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/search-continues-at-homes-owned-by-man-accused-of-killing-teen

Shelby Farah, 20 years old, was robbed and murdered in a Jacksonville, Florida MetroPC store in 2013.

"When her 20-year-old daughter was killed four years ago, Farah said that a detective asked her to set up a Facebook page to gather leads in the case.

"A detective told me to accept every friend request, so I just accepted every friend request," Farah said.

Farah said she would receive messages from people offering their help -- from legal services to counseling."

(snipped)

"But she said what was even more strange and alarming is that at the time Hyde sent the messages, her son was 16 years old -- the same age as Fred Laster when he disappeared.

"He kept saying, 'I could help your son,'" Farah said. "That was the last time I heard from him.""

http://www.news4jax.com/news/people-reveal-strange-encounters-with-1994-murder-suspect
OMG!
That's so scary!!!! :scared:

PositiveLight, your instincts are right (BBM). I found this in the following link.

"Hyde, who has lived in Jacksonville most of his life and has traveled frequently in the U.S. and abroad, was named a subject in a previous international child exploitation case several years ago."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/search-continues-at-homes-owned-by-man-a ccused-of-killing-teen
What does he do for a living?
Traveling that much takes a lot of money unless someone else is paying for it all.
I bet he's just a medium sized fish in this child exploitation ring pond and they want him to spill the beans on the bigger fish. It will probably be the only thing that keeps him off death row.
There's probably a lot of missing illegals too that we aren't aware of or have been reported as missing too. I think he definitely picks his carefully and grooms them for his own pleasure. But I still think he has low lifes gathering him kids from other areas too for money to sell. No one can travel that much without a good income. JMOO and could be totally wrong but it makes you wonder.

Hyde graduated from Fletcher High School, worked as a correctional officer in Jacksonville in the 1970s, got a bachelor's in psychology from the University of North Florida in 1981 and earned a Masters in Counselor Education from UNF in 1998. He became a mental health counselor in 2001 and was working as a contract employee for a health services provider for the Department of Corrections."

He was also a youth pastor prior to becoming a counselor and then counseled through churches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead
Back