GUILTY FL - Fred Laster, 16, found dismembered, Lake City, 5 June 1994 *youth pastor arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You lived on Amelia Island eh? I used to live in Fernandina on Florida Ave., about a 5 minute walk in both directions to the beach and downtown!

You lived on Amelia Island eh? I used to live in Fernandina on Florida Ave., about a 5 minute walk in both directions to the beach and downtown!

Ah Fernandina! What I wouldn't do for some fudge from the fudge shop and shrimp at Brett's on the Waterway!!

I hate saying this, but do you remember how slow LE was in Yulee growing up? It always seemed to be the place to go across the bridge to party at houses b/c you were less likely to get busted. lol.

I hate to say this as well, but the department there in Yulee was not the best in the early 90's and I wonder if this is why it took so long for Fred's case to be solved? I would never trust Yulee LE with a missing persons report (if that is indeed who Fred's family filed the report with). I remember my mother despised the govt system they had set up over there. Always said it seemed inept.

Haven't been on WS's in a LONG time... miss you guys.... heard about this case from a friend I met on here - about this case. He notified me that the identity had been made!!!! WOOOP!!!! My friend has followed this case for SO long, and I am proud of him for that, and proud of all of you guys. I hope to rejoin WS's and get more involved in the important work that happens here.

Jason, I was just reading back over some of our conversations about this case back in 2012. You have followed this case SO dilligently and fervently, and I am so happy that the victim has been identified for his sake, for the family's sake, and for your sake. GREAT job to everyone involved who has never given up on finding Fred's identity. <3

Just read this from the beginning! Jason well done to you and your team!!!! Like a dog with a bone you didn't stop! :loveyou:
One more UID brought home to rest in peace.
Now I wonder if the young boy that was ruled out early on could be one of his victims to???? Danny Randall Jackson
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6211/0/

I really hate to throw this name out there too but ... Adam Walsh? I know O'Toole confessed but... if this perp was working on a web network... maybe he bragged to O'Toole? The dismemberment just makes me wonder. I doubt very seriously but weirder things have happened.

I really hate to throw this name out there too but ... Adam Walsh? I know O'Toole confessed but... if this perp was working on a web network... maybe he bragged to O'Toole? The dismemberment just makes me wonder. I doubt very seriously but weirder things have happened.
O'Toole confessed to a bunch of murders he didn't commit, didn't he?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

O'Toole confessed to a bunch of murders he didn't commit, didn't he?

Was the Walsh murder ever PROVEN to be him?

decapitation and such... as we saw with Fred.

Probably wasn't this guy who murdered Adam Walsh, but maybe some of the other kids that O'Toole falsely confessed to.

Great idea.

ETA: just seeing PositiveLight brought up the possibility above. Had only saw Carbuff's comment. My apologies.

"After some investigation, police eventually concluded that Adam was abducted by a drifter named Ottis Toole near the front exterior of the Sears that afternoon, after being instructed to leave by a security guard. He lured Adam into his white 1971 Cadillac with a damaged right bumper with promises of toys and candy, then proceeded to drive north on Interstate 95 toward his home in Jacksonville. Adam, at first docile and compliant, began to panic as they drove on. Toole punched him in the face, but as this just made the situation worse, he then "walloped him unconscious". While Adam was knocked out, Toole drove north on the Florida Turnpike to a deserted service road just north of the Radebaugh Road overpass in northwest St. Lucia County (27°32&#8242;07&#8243;N 80°36&#8242;35&#8243;W),[SUP][11][/SUP] and raped him for around two hours. When Toole realized Adam was still breathing, he strangled him to death with a seat belt, dragged him out of the car, and decapitated him with a machete. Toole later claimed to have disposed of Adam's body by incinerating it in an old refrigerator when he returned to Jacksonville. He drove around with Adam's severed head in his car for a few days until remembering it was in there, and then threw it into a canal, just north of where he said he killed Adam. He claimed that he wanted to make Adam his adopted son, but given the close relationship he had with loving parents, this was not very feasible. The police ultimately lost the bloodstained carpet from Toole's Cadillac, the machete used to decapitate Adam, and eventually, the car itself. DNA testing was in a rudimentary state in the early 1980s and it was not possible then to determine the source of the blood found in the Cadillac.[SUP][4][/SUP] Toole, a confidant of convicted serial killer Henry Lee Lucas, repeatedly confessed and then retracted accounts of his involvement."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Adam_Walsh

ETA: BBM look where he was heading to!
Do you think O'Toole was someone who grabbed boys for him? Could that be even possible?

"After some investigation, police eventually concluded that Adam was abducted by a drifter named Ottis Toole near the front exterior of the Sears that afternoon, after being instructed to leave by a security guard. He lured Adam into his white 1971 Cadillac with a damaged right bumper with promises of toys and candy, then proceeded to drive north on Interstate 95 toward his home in Jacksonville. Adam, at first docile and compliant, began to panic as they drove on. Toole punched him in the face, but as this just made the situation worse, he then "walloped him unconscious". While Adam was knocked out, Toole drove north on the Florida Turnpike to a deserted service road just north of the Radebaugh Road overpass in northwest St. Lucia County (27°32&#8242;07&#8243;N 80°36&#8242;35&#8243;W),[SUP][11][/SUP] and raped him for around two hours. When Toole realized Adam was still breathing, he strangled him to death with a seat belt, dragged him out of the car, and decapitated him with a machete. Toole later claimed to have disposed of Adam's body by incinerating it in an old refrigerator when he returned to Jacksonville. He drove around with Adam's severed head in his car for a few days until remembering it was in there, and then threw it into a canal, just north of where he said he killed Adam. He claimed that he wanted to make Adam his adopted son, but given the close relationship he had with loving parents, this was not very feasible. The police ultimately lost the bloodstained carpet from Toole's Cadillac, the machete used to decapitate Adam, and eventually, the car itself. DNA testing was in a rudimentary state in the early 1980s and it was not possible then to determine the source of the blood found in the Cadillac.[SUP][4][/SUP] Toole, a confidant of convicted serial killer Henry Lee Lucas, repeatedly confessed and then retracted accounts of his involvement."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Adam_Walsh

ETA: BBM look where he was heading to!
Do you think O'Toole was someone who grabbed boys for him? Could that be even possible?
He's known to have worked with Lucas.

There's some shocking incompetence in that account.

He's known to have worked with Lucas.

There's some shocking incompetence in that account.

You know the sickos tend to find one another.
Maybe since Adam wasn't being calm enough, O'Toole took it upon himself to kill him instead of taking him to the perp.
No telling how often this could have happened too. O'Toole was twisted and sick too.
Maybe O'Toole drifted around and grabbed boys for a fee for example. Maybe he got paid to bring kids to him.
I dunno. Just seems too.... much of a coincidence? I'm sure this guy didn't start with this boy. He had a taste for it long before this precious little boy crossed his path.
Makes you wonder since they mentioned that he traveled a lot..... there may be victims all over the USA and other countries too.
:puke: ugh. I want all these monsters gone!

Potential victims could possibly start around 1975 when this dirtbag was 18?
And anywhere in the USA. That is frightening parameters..... :(

ETA: If I'm doing my math right.... he was "around" 37 when he committed this crime correct?

I just want to say Kudo's to Websleuths for cases like this one. People here make a difference. In this case, Jason has been persistent for YEARS!!! It matters, so if you ever get frustrated, or burned out, remember this case. Keep on doing what you do.

I am not sure that this guy targeted kids who were out and about and abducted them. I have a feeling he used his position to come in contact with at risk individuals who could go missing without people thinking it was something nefarious. I am interested in how exactly he was connected to Fred prior to murdering the boy. Was he counseling him for juvenile delinquency issues for example?

I worry that this monster really paid attention to his hunt - made sure his victims would be the type to possibly runaway from home b/c they had behavioral/legal issues. JMOO no fact behind it. JMO.

I am not sure that this guy targeted kids who were out and about and abducted them. I have a feeling he used his position to come in contact with at risk individuals who could go missing without people thinking it was something nefarious. I am interested in how exactly he was connected to Fred prior to murdering the boy. Was he counseling him for juvenile delinquency issues for example?

I worry that this monster really paid attention to his hunt - made sure his victims would be the type to possibly runaway from home b/c they had behavioral/legal issues. JMOO no fact behind it. JMO.
He was a family friend....
:(
He was also the last to see him and his story always changed. No telling how many others he took when the LE didn't do anything about that lead back then. Heartbreaking!

shows family of the victim reported Hyde as Laster&#8217;s last contact. Family also told investigators that, in the several times they had spoken with Hyde since Laster&#8217;s disappearance, he gave inconsistent accounts of when he last saw the teen.

Laster&#8217;s siblings reported they first met Hyde in the 1980s when he was working as a youth pastor at a Jacksonville church. At one point, one of them also lived with Hyde, according to statements recorded in the court records.

Statements made to investigators and recorded in the arrest warrant affidavit show that Laster&#8217;s family noted that Hyde liked to spend time with &#8220;young male boys with problems&#8221;. The affidavit further says, when Laster&#8217;s sister and a sibling- it&#8217;s unclear because of redactions whether it is Laster or another sibling- were spending a night at Hyde&#8217;s house about a year before the murder, the sister awoke to find Hyde naked and attempting to wake the other person.

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/man-previously-investigated-child-exploitation-arr/ntsqk/

Just in Florida alone- on Namus with the parameters 6-18 yrs old white missing since 1975 I've got 36 cases to weed through to see if they could be possibilities. This guy used churches and counseling to lure in potentials too. If he's being investigated by the FBI that means there's a good possibility he crossed state lines too. He probably did have low lives helping him hunt for prey too.
Is it just me or does he look familiar somehow? A chill runs down my spine when I look at his picture. I don't think he was doing all of the kidnapping of his victims. He had help I feel.

This is a coincidence I'm completely sure but while reading the circumstances of little Danny Jackson... the vehicle he was seen in was brown but had damage to the right front panel. Supposedly a 1978-1979 brown 4 door Chevy Impala.
Adam was seen getting into a 1971 white Cadillac with damaged right bumper. Was this the front right bumper/ panel?
Witnesses can see totally different things when looking at the same object.
These two could possibly be confused. Maybe the car belonged to someone else they trusted.and did their dirty work with this car. When Toole was arrested, maybe the car was painted and passed to another deviant to do Hyde's bidding?
I don't know just a thought I had. Probably nothing to it.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Just something that twinged my interest. The supposed damage in the same general area on the car. These are shots of similar cars and the brown one is a 1975.
Car descriptions are super hard to go by from a witness standpoint. Very few can name a car and the year and model under pressure of a kidnapping. JMOO

Attachments

• toole's caddy.jpg
    toole's caddy.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 238
  • 1975-Chevrolet-Impala-hardtop.jpg
    1975-Chevrolet-Impala-hardtop.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 240

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors