FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #13 *1 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
August 30 2022 rbbm.
By Jeremy Grimaldi
''Danny is now buried at Pardes Shalom Cemetery in Vaughan, but his story began in Montreal.

Growing up, Danny was carefree — think Denis the Menace — Ruth, who spent part of her career working in Thornhill and Richmond Hill, said.''
After moving to Toronto for kindergarten, Danny would spend his days reading comic books and socializing plenty, she added.

It was around age 10 when he became very studious, already focusing on higher education by age 13.

During high school, he was involved in the student newspaper and the debate club.

He worked hard and was accepted into the school he’d wanted to attend since a young age, Harvard.

After university, he went to Washington to work at a Supreme Court appellant firm. He’d later meet his wife, Wendi Adelson, when she began interning in Washington.

"She was exceptionally charming and we were pleased he met someone he was very interested in," Ruth said about their first meeting.

However, after the two were married and the children born, there were 'changes'.
The couple began differing on how to raise their boys. Wendi, the more Liberal and Dan leaning more towards Jewish observances, including the prohibition on eating pork and other Kosher laws.''

''Throughout the trials, Ruth has focused on advocacy, so on top of writing her memoirs, she helped bring into law a bill in Florida in 2022 that would help grandparents get access to children in cases where they are denied visitation. The bill allows grandparents to visit if there’s a criminal or civil suit brought against the surviving natural parent.

After not being able to see her grandsons since 2016, Ruth was finally given access in April. They are now 11 and 13.''

You need to search the Leon County docket. It’s just the Notice of Appeal. The actual appeal will follow.
THANK YOU!

Explains the MSM silence and glad for the delay in the actual filing of the 2022 brief since my reading is stacking up.

If anybody hasn't already viewed the 300pg Appendix (transcripts to testimony by all of the trial witnesses) for KM's petition filed 11/19/2020, it's a great resource -- especially if you prefer scanning the transcript to viewing video testimony. MOO

Filing # 117002552 E-Filed 11/19/2020 08:27:09 PM

Did anyone learn anything new from the Court TV coverage?
Nothing really new, but Carole Lieberman, the forensic psychologist on the show said watching Wendi on the stand was like watching Amber Heard with a law degree--it made me laugh. She was just all over Wendi's lying while testifying and thinking jurors would see it that way too.

Edited to add: it's still available to watch on the CTV website. I'm rewatching it now.

I could be wrong but I thought the State of Florida was obligated to offer a plea deal to all defendant’s.
To my understanding, the only obligation is for the defense to communicate any/all offers to his client but not that the DA is obligated to make an offer. However, it's pretty well established that more than 90% of convictions come from negotiated pleas. MOO

To my understanding, the only obligation is for the defense to communicate any/all offers to his client but not that the DA is obligated to make an offer. However, it's pretty well established that more than 90% of convictions come from negotiated pleas. MOO

Thank you for the clarification!

I think the weakest link is between him and Wendi. But without substantiation, would it just be a he said/she said situation? I can see her saving info implicating him, but not sure I see him being that smart/calculating.
Hard to implicate someone she testified never discussing the case with!

But yes, it will be he said/she said.

So who, besides me, will be watching Charlie's hearing this Friday? I hope they stream it on Tallahassee Democrat like they have everything else. I guess Dateline is doing a 2 hour update on this case, so betting they will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces