FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #13 *1 guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I wonder how many moments of all of their lives they live, wondering if they are being recorded and otherwise surveilled. Including Wendi. Even now.
I expect and hope that they are pretty tormented by all they have caused. Prolly seemed like the best idea they ever had until a couple years later when things started to come together for police. And how about being haunted by what the kids will eventually conclude? If they got any of Dan's big heart and smarts, they will want justice. I wish for them to have mental health support to get through all the confusion.

Well the kids are "growing up" as we speak and I trust the Markels will provide them the support, counseling, and space they need to make Dan proud. As much as I can't wait to see them all (CA & DA & WA) behind bars, the minute Donna realizes her grandsons know and understand what really happened, that is when justice will be fulfilled, imo. Wendi too but she is such a narcissist she will never, ever understand what she did. I just don't know how people feel you can blot a person from someone's life and it and they be okay.

I just don't know how people feel you can blot a person from someone's life and it and they be okay.
^^rsbm

Sometimes it works to blot out the victim-parent and even after learning the truth, the children go on believing in the killer.

For example, the 1999 murder of a pregnant wife, mother, and teacher, Belinda Temple by her husband, David Temple.

Here, the dad's been convicted twice for his mother's murder when he was age 3-- yet it was inside a Texas courtroom in 2020 that his maternal grandparents and mother's family saw Belinda's now 26-year-old son for the very first time since his mother's death! He also testified that he recognized the woman his dad was having an affair with and married after he murdered his wife, as his mother.

^^rsbm

Sometimes it works to blot out the victim-parent and even after learning the truth, the children go on believing in the killer.

For example, the 1999 murder of a pregnant wife, mother, and teacher, Belinda Temple by her husband, David Temple.

Here, the dad's been convicted twice for his mother's murder when he was age 3-- yet it was inside a Texas courtroom in 2020 that his maternal grandparents and mother's family saw Belinda's now 26-year-old son for the very first time since his mother's death! He also testified that he recognized the woman his dad was having an affair with and married after he murdered his wife, as his mother.

Yes, it definitely happens…
Maybe Charlie will take a plea and rat out his family. Maybe he’ll be angry enough that he’s the only one charged and the murder was done for the favourite child, Wendi. Maybe he has a heart deep down. You never know…

Yes, it definitely happens…
Maybe Charlie will take a plea and rat out his family. Maybe he’ll be angry enough that he’s the only one charged and the murder was done for the favourite child, Wendi. Maybe he has a heart deep down. You never know…

This case is fascinating. I wonder if we will ever find out the full story behind Katie's intransigence. I suspect the fact she hasn't budged yet is more a function of the prosecution not being willing to cut her any significant deal at this late date. But, who knows? Depending on how the case shapes up it is still possible she may cooperate if the State feels she has anything valuable to contribute.

I was particularly interested in the spin Charlie's attorney put on the Dolce Vita recording (claiming it will actually be key to exonerating Charlie and stating that the defense is working to extract more from the recording). Perhaps they will try a "Hail Mary" and put Charlie on the stand to have him testify as to what was said in the leadup to the current transcript. God, I would give a lot of spendolas to watch that cross take place.

Charlie is in a very tight spot with Katie a convicted murderer alongside Sigfredo and Luis now. My guess is the defense will try to claim Katie went rogue and Charlie had no idea the murder would take place (good luck with that one, Charlie).

One thing he has going for him is the substantial war chest the family has to fund the defense. I'm quite confident they are already running multiple focus groups and mock juries as they try to uncover a story that has the possibility of getting one jury to hang on conviction. This is going to be one hell of a trial.

This case is fascinating. I wonder if we will ever find out the full story behind Katie's intransigence. I suspect the fact she hasn't budged yet is more a function of the prosecution not being willing to cut her any significant deal at this late date. But, who knows? Depending on how the case shapes up it is still possible she may cooperate if the State feels she has anything valuable to contribute.

I was particularly interested in the spin Charlie's attorney put on the Dolce Vita recording (claiming it will actually be key to exonerating Charlie and stating that the defense is working to extract more from the recording). Perhaps they will try a "Hail Mary" and put Charlie on the stand to have him testify as to what was said in the leadup to the current transcript. God, I would give a lot of spendolas to watch that cross take place.

Charlie is in a very tight spot with Katie a convicted murderer alongside Sigfredo and Luis now. My guess is the defense will try to claim Katie went rogue and Charlie had no idea the murder would take place (good luck with that one, Charlie).

One thing he has going for him is the substantial war chest the family has to fund the defense. I'm quite confident they are already running multiple focus groups and mock juries as they try to uncover a story that has the possibility of getting one jury to hang on conviction. This is going to be one hell of a trial.
It’s very interesting. So happy that this case was pursued so vehemently. Just want so badly for Wendi to at least be charged as well.

Well the kids are "growing up" as we speak and I trust the Markels will provide them the support, counseling, and space they need to make Dan proud. As much as I can't wait to see them all (CA & DA & WA) behind bars, the minute Donna realizes her grandsons know and understand what really happened, that is when justice will be fulfilled, imo. Wendi too but she is such a narcissist she will never, ever understand what she did. I just don't know how people feel you can blot a person from someone's life and it and they be okay.
In my experience, many people who do terrible things of large or small magnitude (it doesn't matter which), often justify them in their mind post hoc, coming up with a set of justifications that they were not considering prior to the act but which nevertheless completely negate their culpability in their own mind.

I wonder how DA and HA justified this murder in their own minds, and whether they still cling to those justifications. I still can't fathom how they thought their chosen course of action was preferable to just riding out the mundane storms of a divorce, which play out in countless numbers of people's lives daily and do pass. Except for total control of the grandchildren's lives, they had so much to lose as they were set for a glorious retirement that they had worked hard for and perhaps deserved. I surmise it was just hubris.

I actually don't wonder about CA similarly, because I think he was smarter in a way by understanding that the murder was unjustifiable, but was into it because of the thrill (i.e. of pleasing family, the interaction with "underworld" type people, and the kicks of getting away with it). It must be a tough realization for him that his parents' irrational belief that Dan's murder was somehow justifiable has come back to bite him so hard. No sympathy, though.

In my experience, many people who do terrible things of large or small magnitude (it doesn't matter which), often justify them in their mind post hoc, coming up with a set of justifications that they were not considering prior to the act but which nevertheless completely negate their culpability in their own mind.

I wonder how DA and HA justified this murder in their own minds, and whether they still cling to those justifications. I still can't fathom how they thought their chosen course of action was preferable to just riding out the mundane storms of a divorce, which play out in countless numbers of people's lives daily and do pass. Except for total control of the grandchildren's lives, they had so much to lose as they were set for a glorious retirement that they had worked hard for and perhaps deserved. I surmise it was just hubris.

I actually don't wonder about CA similarly, because I think he was smarter in a way by understanding that the murder was unjustifiable, but was into it because of the thrill (i.e. of pleasing family, the interaction with "underworld" type people, and the kicks of getting away with it). It must be a tough realization for him that his parents' irrational belief that Dan's murder was somehow justifiable has come back to bite him so hard. No sympathy, though.
It’s crazy, right?! I mean it’s not like Wendi was going to be living in Siberia - she was upstate! And Dan was not abusive to her or the boys, certainly there’s zero evidence of that.
I think you’re right about Charlie. I have no sympathy either - for any of those involved.

Reportedly, beginning with the first trial, KM was offered immunity by the prosecution if she cooperated and she not only did not budge, she did a good job nailing her coffin shut when she decided to testify in her own defense.

Here we have a couple, KM and SG, parents of two minor children, that are absent from their lives for life. All I can think of is that CA convinced KM that he would provide for her children-- better than she would ever be able to do for them in her life as long as she did not cooperate and/or roll on him. There's also the question of how KM paid for her defense -- twice. I don't know if fully secret trusts exist in the US as they do in the UK. MOO

Concerning the Matsuri conversation, I'm very curious about how Charlie was "on" to the agent sitting there, and especially what made him think there was a recorder in the bag. I have seen LE use recorders that look like pens, so I'm bewildered that whatever they used to record could be sussed out.

Concerning the Matsuri conversation, I'm very curious about how Charlie was "on" to the agent sitting there, and especially what made him think there was a recorder in the bag. I have seen LE use recorders that look like pens, so I'm bewildered that whatever they used to record could be sussed out.
It’s odd to me as well. Charlie does seem like the paranoid type though for sure.

It’s very odd that he pegged it!

Excellent analysis.

I'd only add that CA seems like a guy who was not shy about getting high on his own supply, as it were. I'm not sure he was thinking clearly at all times during the planning and commission of these crimes.

And, like you -- no sympathy.

It’s crazy, right?! I mean it’s not like Wendi was going to be living in Siberia - she was upstate! And Dan was not abusive to her or the boys, certainly there’s zero evidence of that.
I think you’re right about Charlie. I have no sympathy either - for any of those involved.
A 45 min-1 hour flight!

Even if it was Siberia, or let's say New York or Boston where Dan saw his career path, provided Dan and Wendi stayed married, HA and DA had the resources to go visit anytime they wanted. I'm amazed that the Adelsons couldn't see that would open up new opportunities - but, for them it had to be "Definitely Miami" or his death (does anybody know that reference?). How stark. Wherever Dan and Wendi eventually landed, as the boys got older they'd probably tremendously enjoy visits to the special grandparents that live on the beach and all the fun it would have entailed. It was a total win-win.

That the Adelsons couldn't temper their expectations and imagine an alternative positive reality, and responded by conspiring to murder their son-in-law says something very profound about the narrowness of their world-view and the coldness of their hearts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member