GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@vislaw or anyone who knows crim well: Can Charlie cut a deal before the judge imposes a sentence? Because that could get pretty interesting. He could agree to sell everyone out to save his a$$. And given how the family appears to be fragmenting and what a slippery dishonest SOB he is, I could certainly see that happening.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for rumor>

I wonder if Wendi or Donna will ever visit him in prison. ( Tim Janssen also said that after sentencing after a florida CI reception centre, he might be moved out of state because of all the Latin Kings stuff he threw around during his Defense)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jury consultant on STS had a great point just now about how jurors expect criminal defendants to show humility, contrition and an expression of remorse for the loss of Dan Markel. Something like "even though I didn't do it, his murder was horrific and barbaric and the people who killed him are nothing but animals. Sure, we had our differences about Wendi's divorce but I would NEVER want him harmed. He was a great dad and this was a massive crime, etc etc"

Charlie Adelson did none of that. He couldn't even agree that Dan Markel was a brilliant law professor. Just a "nerdy guy, like any of Wendi's other boyfriends who he wouldnt want to have a beer with". "We couldnt bring Dan back". He also said something about how he was happy that the killers didnt just try to rob him cause otherwise he might have been killed. His sociopathy is not as finely tuned as Wendi's and it showed here. He could not display an ounce of remorse for Dan Markel.
The only emotion Charlie was able to conjure up was about himself, and how pretend-scared he was when the killers he hired could have him or his family killed.

I wonder if Wendi or Donna will eve visit him in prison. ( Tim Janssen also said that after sentencing after a florida CI reception centre, he might be moved out of state because of all the Latin Kings stuff he threw around during his Defense)

Bad news for Charlie is that the Latin Kings are probably established in every U.S. state.

a few clips
( In the live feed, you can see Rashbaum tell CA that he's likely been found guilty before the verdicts are read out. Janssen says that Rashbaum will have found out from balliff reactions)

I can't find the spot where Rashbaum tells Charlie to ' stop it!' It's somewhere after Rashbaum's closing.

Lovely photo from the Tally Democrat
Steinbeck says that he saw Phil last night & Phil was not counting his chickens on the verdict
Ok, a picture is worth a million words. This photo sums it up and has me sobbing big tears. May peace be with the Markel family.

Jury consultant on STS had a great point just now about how jurors expect criminal defendants to show humility, contrition and an expression of remorse for the loss of Dan Markel. Something like "even though I didn't do it, his murder was horrific and barbaric and the people who killed him are nothing but animals. Sure, we had our differences about Wendi's divorce but I would NEVER want him harmed. He was a great dad and this was a massive crime, etc etc"

Charlie Adelson did none of that. He couldn't even agree that Dan Markel was a brilliant law professor. Just a "nerdy guy, like any of Wendi's other boyfriends who he wouldnt want to have a beer with". "We couldnt bring Dan back". He also said something about how he was happy that the killers didnt just try to rob him cause otherwise he might have been killed. His sociopathy is not as finely tuned as Wendi's and it showed here. He could not display an ounce of remorse for Dan Markel.
The only emotion Charlie was able to conjure up was about himself, and how pretend-scared he was when the killers he hired could have him or his family killed.
He's great - Richard Gabriel ( wrote the book ' Acquittal)

He also said in this kind of case ' character is king' ( They were discussing what the jurors noticed during this trial. All the smug chat, smirking, laughing etc from Charlie. Gabriel said that juries in this kind of case says that defendant needs to express humility, contrition, authenticity and cannot afford to slip -up once)

ETA
Gabriel and Janssen saying that the Judge shouldn't have called out the jurors by their surnames when he polled the jurors ( To stop the media chasing them down)

Last edited:
a few clips
( In the live feed, you can see Rashbaum tell CA that he's likely been found guilty before the verdicts are read out. Janssen says that Rashbaum will have found out from balliff reactions)

I can't find the spot where Rashbaum tells Charlie to ' stop it!' It's somewhere after Rashbaum's closing.

Lovely photo from the Tally Democrat
Steinbeck says that he saw Phil last night & Phil was not counting his chickens on the verdict
That’s a pretty big reaction from Charlie. Wow! His life is over.

They would’ve gotten away with it if it weren’t for the bump. Katie wasn’t talking. They could’ve not talked on the phone. Amazing they thought their stupid code would prevent the cops from figuring it out.
Thats the scary part. The Adelsons had this all planned out. At the same time Wendi is cleaning out her childhood bedroom in Coral Springs for her to move back into immediately after Dan is murdered, they also had her working with a realtor in Tally pretending she planned to buy a house. Wendi was registering her kids for school that fall in Tally and she was booking flights for October from Tally. They knew Wendi was going to be the focus of the investigation so they insulated her.

Harvey tells at Matsuri "I never thought they would be that smart". He thought the country bumpkin Tally cops would never figure it out. And that they'd come for Wendi. And Charlie tells him that they went after Donna because they already couldnt get anything from Wendi and to go after Donna, because women are more likely to fold under pressure.

First call after the bump, Donna tells Charlie she doesnt want to talk on the phone. They worry about Donnas apartment being bugged. But its driving Charlie NUTS so Donna makes the fatal mistake: "it probably involves the both of us, I am sure you have an idea what I am talking about" and "this TV is about 5". If the Adelsons just planned to never talk on the phone if something ever came up, this whole bump is dead and the Adelsons walk forever. Thank god for their arrogance and hubris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE