GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case keeps replaying in my head. I can't imagine how an entire family, if they're all guilty as it appears, could value life so little that they felt entitled to take it away from someone else. Out of the four of them, not one voice of reason spoke up. It's mind-numbing.

Equally astonishing is their belief that they could escape the consequences in a world brimming with cameras and digital databases in 2014. How could a family be so smart and so dumb at the same time? Didn't they realize that their plan to "take care of their problem" would cost them their own lives as well?

It's almost as if this family's intellect is overshadowed by their shortsightedness. Many other wealthy and intelligent families face similar situations with members going through difficult divorces, but they haven't taken this route.

And Charlie, it seems like he was influenced by someone he seeks approval from since he really had no personal stake in where Wendi lived. It's as if he was enveloped in naivety, blind to the gravity of his actions...to take a life away and ruin everyone's around him, including his own.

Court Tv is covering the case at the moment on tv. It started 1/2 hour ago but will come back on in 2 hours.

Anyway, They have lots of great guests. Right now they are showing clips of Georgia’s closing, and some snippets of her during trial. The faces she makes when she is questioning Charlie are PRICELESS! I love her!

Louis Baptiste, Dan’s former student is on now. Worth a watch.

OMG...OMG...never thought it would be this soon...
Now will spend the evening reading comments...so amazing, really, really fast!
Neither did I! I went out shopping thinking it wouldn’t be today! I got a call from my hubby telling me the verdict was in and I streamed the verdict live for everyone in Walmart to hear LOL.

It is a victory for justice but it is a bittersweet day when reflecting upon Dan's life being taken from those who loved him and needed him. The A's are liars, thieves, and money laundering murderers. JMHOO

None of them exhibited qualms with having Dan murdered. It is also a sad day for RA whose brother was convicted of horrendous felonies by the Great State of Florida today. The teenage boys will know their father isn't around because of their Uncle. Their Uncle Charlie is a convicted criminal. That's nothing to be envious of for that burden is great to carry, especially if the mother is a basketcase over her brother's deserved demise and her possible future charges.

Here's to more arrests and convictions. Whenever possible, let pain rain down on the guilty.

The first time that "Wendi" testified in front of a court, she laughed very loudly and longly when asked by the prosecutor whether she thought that she would eventually get arrested.

Recently, when she appeared to testify the second time, she did not find the question quite as hilarious anymore.

Let's see if, after the brother has spent a few years in general population, he will still be so willing to bleed to keep his sister free. (And it's likely to be literal bleeding).

If DA was the controlling family maestro, why didn't she stop Wendi from moving to Tallahassee after she met Dan on JDate ? Why not insist Dan get a position at the U of Miami School of Law ?

Author Steven Epstein has reported that DM did apply to a faculty position at the University of Miami after he did a small visiting stint there in 2006. By a slim margin, he did not, however, get an offer from UM. It's natural to think about if DM would still be alive today had he received that offer.

A few more things from GC press conference:
  • They were prepared pre-trial for some sort of blackmail scheme by the defense but not the double extortion scenario. They made some small adjustments during the trial to counter that.
  • Nothing has been decided on any sort of relief for KM sentence.

My opinion is that Charlie was the driving force for the murder. Remember him telling his mother to calm down about the bump on the wiretap? I can see him dismissing his family's concerns about a murder-for-hire and saying there was no way the cops would figure it out. That's just my opinion.
And I believe you are right on the money (no pun intended). He arranged it so that he could remain the momma's boy and be a hero and protector to his "baby" sister, Wendi. He knew momma would be ecstatic to have the only obstacle obliterated that stood in the way of her happiness in having Wendi and the little boys right there -- close to her and Harv.

If DA was the controlling family maestro, why didn't she stop Wendi from moving to Tallahassee after she met Dan on JDate ? Why not insist Dan get a position at the U of Miami School of Law ?
They tried that. He got a position there on a trial basis for a year. He wasn‘t invited back. According to Epstein’s book, it was because Wendi was given a job there, too, for the year, and she wasn’t good at it. They knew if they hired him, she would have to work there, too, and they didn’t want that. So, there goes their dream of living in Miami. Epstein’s book is good.

a few clips
( In the live feed, you can see Rashbaum tell CA that he's likely been found guilty before the verdicts are read out. Janssen says that Rashbaum will have found out from balliff reactions)

I can't find the spot where Rashbaum tells Charlie to ' stop it!' It's somewhere after Rashbaum's closing.

Lovely photo from the Tally Democrat
Steinbeck says that he saw Phil last night & Phil was not counting his chickens on the verdict
And it has been said that Charles Adelson did not stand when the jurors entered the courtroom after they had reached a verdict. Saw that on YouTube -- STS analysis post verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54