GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a day. I'm uploading my comments from being in the courtroom today.

JUSTICE FOR DAN MARKEL WAS MADE TODAY.

Now let's bring on Donna.

Thanks so much for your reports from Tallahassee. I lived there for 18 years and it was special to see you discover and experience the area, including Winthrop Park. If DA happens to get shuttled to Leon County, I hope you'll make a return visit.

I don’t understand how Rashbaum could have believed Charlie’s story. I know he has to defend his client, but he certainly didn’t actually believe any of it, did he?
Tim Jansen said on STS live this evening that Rashbaum told him he thought he could win! I’m baffled! Sometimes you assume lawyers are just doing their job and they don’t actually believe the bs they’re selling but….

Jury consultant on STS had a great point just now about how jurors expect criminal defendants to show humility, contrition and an expression of remorse for the loss of Dan Markel. Something like "even though I didn't do it, his murder was horrific and barbaric and the people who killed him are nothing but animals. Sure, we had our differences about Wendi's divorce but I would NEVER want him harmed. He was a great dad and this was a massive crime, etc etc"

Charlie Adelson did none of that. He couldn't even agree that Dan Markel was a brilliant law professor. Just a "nerdy guy, like any of Wendi's other boyfriends who he wouldnt want to have a beer with". "We couldnt bring Dan back". He also said something about how he was happy that the killers didnt just try to rob him cause otherwise he might have been killed. His sociopathy is not as finely tuned as Wendi's and it showed here. He could not display an ounce of remorse for Dan Markel.
The only emotion Charlie was able to conjure up was about himself, and how pretend-scared he was when the killers he hired could have him or his family killed.
That's an excellent point. Charlie couldn't even PRETEND to have remorse or sorrow about the fact that his nephews' dad was killed.

Was this thought…before trial…?

Or after closings?
Before the trial was how it took it from Tim…

But….Rashbaum knows all the evidence before trial so I really can’t imagine how he could’ve thought the extortion upon extortion story was gonna work! If I were Rashbaum I’d be hammering into Charlie to give up Donna!

But….Rashbaum knows all the evidence before trial so I really can’t imagine how he could’ve thought the extortion upon extortion story was gonna work! If I were Rashbaum I’d be hammering into Charlie to give up Donna!
I’ll give it a little more leeway since it was before.

But yah, no. There was never a chance. And jury showed it when they only took 3 hours to convict. (which probably included an hour of lunch)

I don’t understand how Rashbaum could have believed Charlie’s story. I know he has to defend his client, but he certainly didn’t actually believe any of it, did he?
I don't think he did - he's not a stupid man, and I'm sure he realized how nonsensical Charlie's story was. Still, as a lawyer, he had to work with what he had, even if what he had wasn't much. I'll bet that Charlie not only came up with that story but then insisted - insisted! - that Rashbaum present it to the jury. Charlie strikes me as the type of arrogant SOB who thinks he's smarter than anyone - smarter than the police, smarter than his own lawyers. He's not even smart enough to keep from smirking in court. Not feeling quite so smart tonight, are you, Charlie?

BTW, Charlie reminds me a lot of Scott Peterson (who is in San Quentin prison in California for murdering his pregnant wife Laci). Same arrogance.

I know I mentioned earlier that I was a long time Florida resident, lived either close or in Tally for 30 years. Both my children graduated FSU with 4 degrees between them. I lived in Tally at the time of Dan’s murder, but I was in a hotel room in downtown Atlanta when I first heard of it. My daughter, who had recently moved to the Midwest called me to tell me about it, the same day of the murder. She had recently graduated and it shook her up. I’ve been following this since. The Tallahassee Police Department along with their other LE Colleagues did a great job tracking down the hit men and following the trail. The bump was well executed. Picking Donna was certainly helpful. But, the key to bring Charlie down was his big mouth. Arrogant, braggadocious, obnoxious. It’s so fitting that one of the keys to his conviction was the video and him telling KM he was too smart to get caught. Hubris!
At the end of the verdict video, charlie and Rash are in the back room and the deputies are about to shut the door, and you can see Charlie leaning into Rash, yakking and bending his ear. He just won’t shut up……!

and MonicaJordan and the local Tally radio host - has just added that a second issue will be Aryan Nation.

Monica then discussed paying for ' Interstate compact' but IDK what that is exactly
In general, several states engage in trading prisoners for each others State Prisons and if no takers, then Florida has to pay for a bed for Charlie elsewhere.

That's an excellent point. Charlie couldn't even PRETEND to have remorse or sorrow about the fact that his nephews' dad was killed.
Really good narcissists learn to at least mimic the behavior of others experiencing trauma and grief but I'm afraid CA has been so enmeshed in that Adelson cocoon, he's just oblivious. JMO

He can't - he used to represent Donna in this case so there's a conflict of interest.

Right now, lots of channels/platforms are discussing trying to get jurors to comment on their experience.

Does anybody here worry about that, like I do?
( I think Donna will be next and I don't want her defence team to be able to watch or analyse their comments for tips for Donna's future defence. Am i being too OTT? I'd prefer it if jurors only gave comments to state in private)
I'm waiting for Charlie boy’s sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member