GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GC would not answer the press question about future trials...hmmm

I don’t understand how Rashbaum could have believed Charlie’s story. I know he has to defend his client, but he certainly didn’t actually believe any of it, did he?
IMO.He didn't have a snowballs chance in hell with that defense. He would have been better off going Pro Se with that foolish story.

Last edited:
I wrote a couple days ago:
This case will test the hypothesis that juries are smart.

This jury passed that test with flying colors.

As to further charges, I bet Georgia will let Charlie stew in prison until he is tender enough to cooperate. At least a year. Let the family sweat and fret, wondering which day will be their last day of freedom.

Shallow of me I know, but when will we see his new photo now that he’s been convicted? Will they shave his nasty head? What happens tonight? Does he stay in Leon county until sentencin

This isn't right and it's not what I recall Epstein saying. What happened is that Dan did not get a faculty vote because he had failed to garner support from voting faculty members. One problem was that they felt he was not engaged with the life of the faculty, often skipping out on paper presentations. Another was that a lot of the faculty members thought he was rude and dismissive of their ideas and strongly opposed him. Finally, he didn't really make any allies who would go to bat to try to overcome these objections and get him hired. I don't think UM hired Wendi at that point, she had barely graduated law school. Regardless, the reason Dan didn't an offer there was predominantly Dan himself.
Good report.

Does anyone know if it usual that a defendant is handcuffed before the verdict is read In Florida? And they took his tie. That’s a dead giveaway it was a guilty verdict.
Never seen it before tbh.

From experience of being on a jury no one else even saw our decision. Signed verdict was in our hands until we entered and handed it over...

Was wondering moreso if CA acted up while waiting for verdict which required him to be cuffed.

I mean the 3~ hour time frame was a dead give away so I'm sure everyone knew what was coming, but yah...Interesting

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Major forehead slap and clutching my pearls!! I copy and pasted exact words from CA "“if they had any evidence, we would have already gone to the airport.” And this is the first time I realized he didn't say " I would have already gone to the airport." Hmmm...so who was CA including (in his mind) when he said "WE"??? IMO, he isn't talking about KM, SG or LR, but I think he is talking about his Mother (and maybe his Father) or even his sister
who got immunity when she testified. (Still shaking my head on that one, too.)
CA was on tape discussing sales of "roids" and I wonder if he was also a "user." Steroids can give one an artificial sense of being invicible, aggressive, reckless risk taking etc. His physical appearance is TEXT BOOK: Over grown forehead, frontal baldness, etc.
36 second video

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if it usual that a defendant is handcuffed before the verdict is read In Florida? And they took his tie. That’s a dead giveaway it was a guilty verdict.
Yes, this is typical. And in a first-degree murder case (and others depending on the circumstances but especially when a mandatory life sentence is involved or there is a history of escape, violence, or unpredictable or noncompliant behavior) the defendant is usually wearing a stun belt too.

It has nothing to do with the verdict. The verdict is not revealed until it is reviewed by the judge and published in open court.

ETA: pretty much the only time a defendant who is in custody is not cuffed and shackled in court is when it would prejudice them in front of a jury. Here, the jury had already reached a verdict, so there was no concern of prejudice.

Last edited:
Charlie did not stand. I was hoping an officer would jerk him out of his chair. The attorney didn't even give him an elbow.
I found that odd and was blaming it on his last act of defiance until I heard that CA was previously cuffed and his tie also removed from him and the defendant would not be asked to stand when wearing handcuffs.

(He was cuffed inside a cell awaiting the verdict, tie removed to prevent self harm).

Yes, this is typical. And in a first-degree murder case (and others depending on the circumstances but especially when a mandatory life sentence is involved or there is a history of escape, violence, or unpredictable or noncompliant behavior) the defendant is usually wearing a stun belt too.

It has nothing to do with the verdict. The verdict is not revealed until it is reviewed by the judge and published in open court.
Stun belt, yes.
Ankle shackles or to the floor, also yes.
Never seen a defendants wrist cuffed before verdict in court.

I mean I can think of two recent volatile defendants (Taylor schabusiness - beat her own attorney, Letecia stauch - attacked LEO with a full monster can) who weren't cuffed before.

Maybe chuckles has been a menace behind bars, who knows.

I thought the Judge told him not to rise/stand when jury entered, as he was already shackled and they take great lengths to hide that from the jury
In this instance, I think it was also to avoid being filmed by national MSM cuffed/shackled before the verdict read. He'll next appear at sentencing in full jail garb wearing restraints.

Did he blink his eyes excessively throughout the trial or was that just for the verdict? Today is the first day I’ve been able to see any footage.
During the trial, CA was constantly touching his face and covering his mouth with his hands. I didn't notice him blinking at all when testifying and believe today's excessive blinks was nerves. He had reason to be nervous -- even smart, rich liars are still liars. JMO

Never seen it before tbh.

From experience of being on a jury no one else even saw our decision. Signed verdict was in our hands until we entered and handed it over...

Was wondering moreso if CA acted up while waiting for verdict which required him to be cuffed.

I mean the 3~ hour time frame was a dead give away so I'm sure everyone knew what was coming, but yah...Interesting

It's weird that when the judge takes the bench for the verdict, he asks the attorneys "They still bringing out Mr. Adelson?" - like there had been some question as to his attending the verdict reading. I've never seen a defendant brought in handcuffed before, it does make ya ponder what may have occurred back in the holding cell.

Stun belt, yes.
Ankle shackles or to the floor, also yes.
Never seen a defendants wrist cuffed before verdict in court.

I mean I can think of two recent volatile defendants (Taylor schabusiness - beat her own attorney, Letecia stauch - attacked LEO with a full monster can) who weren't cuffed before.

Maybe chuckles has been a menace behind bars, who knows.
Neither of those cases were in Florida. The question was specific to Florida. I have only practiced in Florida, so I can only speak to Florida. I also have not practiced within the jurisdictions of every sheriff in Florida or before every judge in Florida. I have practiced in Leon County. I am simply speaking to what is “typical” in Florida.

It's weird that when the judge takes the bench for the verdict, he asks the attorneys "They still bringing out Mr. Adelson?" - like there had been some question as to his attending the verdict reading. I've never seen a defendant brought in handcuffed before, it does make ya ponder what may have occurred back in the holding cell.
I missed him being brought in -- but know I can review what I missed. Did you actually see him walking into the courtoom with handcuffs on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8