Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that was 2009 but not sure.

In the same depo ( Markel was also present in the depo) she said that she'd first spoken to him about a divorce in 2011 and that in Fall 2011 she spent extended periods time in Florida with the kids & her parents, because DM was travelling and also working remotely from home.

She also claimed that she wanted to take a break from working after 2nd child but DM wanted her to work after both kids. She also says she started dating somebody a month after she filed the divorce papers.
Epstein’s book says she moved in for the births of BOTH children and stayed for months.

Last edited:
After watching Wendi on 20/20 …a recap
of all her statements . She threw anybody & everybody - Charlie, ex boyfriend, “my family” - under the bus but herself! Yes she learned at the knee of Donna but that Wendi is dangerous! Here little doggie …with a rock behind her back!
Did she get some sort of deal?
I hope not! JMO

After watching Wendi on 20/20 …a recap
of all her statements . She threw anybody & everybody - Charlie, ex boyfriend, “my family” - under the bus but herself! Yes she learned at the knee of Donna but that Wendi is dangerous! Here little doggie …with a rock behind her back!
Did she get some sort of deal?
I hope not! JMO
This info summarized WA position in the first trials
"
Under questioning, Adelson briefly discussed her immunity, which prevents her testimony from being used against her but does not preclude the state from ever charging her. When asked about whether she may ever be arrested, Adelson broke into a smile.

“The state isn’t going to decide to arrest me,” Adelson said."

I think State fully intends to go after her and Donna.

This info summarized WA position in the first trials
"
Under questioning, Adelson briefly discussed her immunity, which prevents her testimony from being used against her but does not preclude the state from ever charging her. When asked about whether she may ever be arrested, Adelson broke into a smile.

“The state isn’t going to decide to arrest me,” Adelson said."

I think State fully intends to go after her and Donna.

IMO, if WA does not get indicted, she will suffer regardless. What sane man would want to get involved with her ? Her boys will eventually figure out the truth. The possibility of wrongful death lawsuits might hang over the A's. Her mother stands a good chance of being charged. She may be looking over her shoulder for the Latin Kings.

She may be in her own mental prison regardless of whether she's locked up or not.

And she had cancelled a trip with La Casse because she said she needed to pick up the kids from Dan on the 18th. This was a month earlier. It suggests she knew he was going to be home that week, because he would have the kids. It’s all very strange (to me) when you consider the totality. JMO

Still amazes me that apparently (at least from what we’ve seen), Donna didn’t object to any of these women, given how controlling it seems she was with the other two children and their relationships. “Equal parts black sheep and momma’s boy” is a brilliant bit of phrasing by Georgia. What an interesting family dynamic.
@amiscuscurie if you ever write a book on this case, I will be first in line to purchase!
Charlie suffered from middle child syndrome. With older bro' RA (essentially banished) out of state.
Baby sister 7 hours out of town. CA finally has Big Momma all to himself and he can think of nothing but trying
to please her. Perhaps someone should have whispered, "CA you are not DA's favorite...you only got Mom's attention by default," Oh well, my armchair analysis of family dynamics. CA reminds me a lot of someone ...it took a long time to undo the damage and prove he was valued, special, deserving, worthy and loved. Poor guy,
not the smartest, not the oldest, not the most successful, so desiring parental attention. Think about it! CA was the only one who stayed in town and actually went into the same profession just to be with his parents. Man-O-Man, it is just so tragic. And to think CA is willing to take the fall for everything...because he was never worthy in the first place. It hurts my hands and soul to even type these thoughts. Cuz all of it is just so damned crazy.
  • Middle child syndrome theorizes that your birth order, specifically, being born in the middle can affect your personality. Pop culture paints middle children as always wedged between the shadow of their remarkable older sibling and their adorably lovable younger sibling. But is this true?

Last edited:
Re DA going up to Tally so often.... my understanding is that Dan had the children 50% of the time. I don't think his parents or other family members were coming to Tally to help him. I think I heard a wiretap in which Donna said she missed the boys too much to wait to see them and so was going to go up to Tally to visit.... Donna just seemed like white on rice with the boys. JMO.

The killers didn’t plan this too well. They rented a readily identifiable vehicle, a green Prius, instead of a generic gas powered sedan in a neutral gray or black color which would have looked like a lot of other cars. The neighbor identified the Prius right away. And it had a Sunpass, and they took a toll road which only has one entrance and exit, making it pretty easy to track down each car that goes through there in a day. The Florida Turnpike is also a toll road, but it has multiple entrances and exits. The police wouldve had to look at the records for each one, which would have been more time consuming.
They picked the Prius because Jeffrey Lacasse drove a silver Prius, and he was supposed to be the fall guy. Presumably they couldn't get the exact color, but they got one that was a pale metallic green that kind of looked silvery in the right light.

Last edited:
They picked the Prius because Jeffrey Lacasse drove a silver Prius, and he was supposed to be the fall guy. Presumably they couldn't get the exact color, but they got one that was a pale metallic green that kind of looked silvery in the right light.
Actually, JC testified that he drove a "2004 Nissan Sentra -- silver metallic gray color."

The hitmen drove a Toyota Prius because this was the style of compact rental vehicle owned by the vendor. Although both JC's Nissan and the Toyota rental were compact sedans, the vehicles here were not the same make/model.

Actually, JC testified that he drove a "2004 Nissan Sentra -- silver metallic gray color."

The hitmen drove a Toyota Prius because this was the style of compact rental vehicle owned by the vendor. Although both JC's Nissan and the Toyota rental were compact sedans, the vehicles here were not the same make/model.
Okay, thanks for the correction. I could have sworn the killers rented the same car that LaCasse owned, but I'm probably misremembering or confusing it with another case.

@amiscuscurie if you ever write a book on this case, I will be first in line to purchase!
Charlie suffered from middle child syndrome. With older bro' RA (essentially banished) out of state.
Baby sister 7 hours out of town. CA finally has Big Momma all to himself and he can think of nothing but trying
to please her. Perhaps someone should have whispered, "CA you are not DA's favorite...you only got Mom's attention by default," Oh well, my armchair analysis of family dynamics. CA reminds me a lot of someone ...it took a long time to undo the damage and prove he was valued, special, deserving, worthy and loved. Poor guy,
not the smartest, not the oldest, not the most successful, so desiring parental attention. Think about it! CA was the only one who stayed in town and actually went into the same profession just to be with his parents. Man-O-Man, it is just so tragic. And to think CA is willing to take the fall for everything...because he was never worthy in the first place. It hurts my hands and soul to even type these thoughts. Cuz all of it is just so damned crazy.
  • Middle child syndrome theorizes that your birth order, specifically, being born in the middle can affect your personality. Pop culture paints middle children as always wedged between the shadow of their remarkable older sibling and their adorably lovable younger sibling. But is this true?
Thanks!

ETA- hope that’s not true about middle children!

Last edited:
Okay, thanks for the correction. I could have sworn the killers rented the same car that LaCasse owned, but I'm probably misremembering or confusing it with another case.
According to the evidence presented at trial, they did rent a car very similar to LaCasse’s car for the first trip up. However, within hours of that rental, they got a ticket in it. They returned it and got another one which was different from LaCasse’s car. It is a mystery why they chose a Prius, from an agency that ONLY rented Priuses, which would suggest the choice was deliberate. I had heard somewhere a long time ago that they chose a Prius because they believed that in a college town, that’s what a lot of people would drive, maybe because they thought the people there would be progressive and concerned about the environment. But that hasn’t come out at any trial or in Katie’s proffer, so I don’t know if it’s true.

According to the evidence presented at trial, they did rent a car very similar to LaCasse’s car for the first trip up. However, within hours of that rental, they got a ticket in it. They returned it and got another one which was different from LaCasse’s car. It is a mystery why they chose a Prius, from an agency that ONLY rented Priuses, which would suggest the choice was deliberate. I had heard somewhere a long time ago that they chose a Prius because they believed that in a college town, that’s what a lot of people would drive, maybe because they thought the people there would be progressive and concerned about the environment. But that hasn’t come out at any trial or in Katie’s proffer, so I don’t know if it’s true.

They would've been better off in a white panel van of which there are likely hundreds in Tallahassee. SG/LR could have also driven up I-95 and then across on I-10 to avoid tolls.

Carl Steinbeck said that he heard that the grand jury meets this Wednesday.
KM is still in Leon County Jail:
Matching Inmates
Displays Inmates Currently In Custody
PhotoFull NameLast Arrest DateLast Release DateIn Jail?Charge(s)Arresting Agency
DisplayJISLargeImage.aspx
MAGBANUA, KATHERINE D
View Detail
10/04/202301/01/0001Y*CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER, *HOLD AND RETURN TO DOC/ LOWELL ANNEX, *MURDER-FIRST DEGREE, *DOC HOLD FOR LOWELL CI, *TRANSPORT LEON CO CASE#16CF03036, *SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDERLEON COUNTY SHERIFF TALL
Clerk Case #
Offense Date
Charge Literal
Statute
Bond Amount
Booking Date
Booking Agency
Agency Report #
Tentative Release Date
2023HH828A110/4/2023TRANSPORT LEON CO CASE#16CF0303600.00010/4/2023LEON COUNTY SHERIFF TALLAHASSEE230153615
2023HH828A210/4/2023HOLD AND RETURN TO DOC/ LOWELL ANNEX00.00010/4/2023LEON COUNTY SHERIFF TALLAHASSEE230153615

KM is still in Leon County Jail:
Matching Inmates
Displays Inmates Currently In Custody
PhotoFull NameLast Arrest DateLast Release DateIn Jail?Charge(s)Arresting Agency
DisplayJISLargeImage.aspx
MAGBANUA, KATHERINE D
View Detail
10/04/202301/01/0001Y*CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER, *HOLD AND RETURN TO DOC/ LOWELL ANNEX, *MURDER-FIRST DEGREE, *DOC HOLD FOR LOWELL CI, *TRANSPORT LEON CO CASE#16CF03036, *SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDERLEON COUNTY SHERIFF TALL
Clerk Case #
Offense Date
Charge Literal
Statute
Bond Amount
Booking Date
Booking Agency
Agency Report #
Tentative Release Date
2023HH828A110/4/2023TRANSPORT LEON CO CASE#16CF0303600.00010/4/2023LEON COUNTY SHERIFF TALLAHASSEE230153615
2023HH828A210/4/2023HOLD AND RETURN TO DOC/ LOWELL ANNEX00.00010/4/2023LEON COUNTY SHERIFF TALLAHASSEE230153615

Interesting - maybe she's got some dirt on WA/DA for the grand jury.

Thanks!

ETA- hope that’s not true about middle children!
Again, many of my theories and arm chair analyses are always up for dispute. Just trying to figure the dynamics of life with a very controlling matriarch. However, I think fully inclusive and supportive parents produce superstars rgarldless of sibling position. Middle children (We try harder, obviously and I am one!) are some of the most successful and innovative people in the world:

I thought the fact that the understanding was a menu with full kosher rules followed and when Dan's family arrived they were blindsided as that was the agreement in advance. Apparently rabbis had to leave at the point of dining.
I didn't ever meet Dan or Wendi, but I did have some friends in common with Dan. One of those friends told me about "this awful girl named Wendi" that she met at a potluck dinner.
When Dan and Wendi got to the party, Wendi carried her dish into the kitchen. My friends said it looked delicious, and someone asked Wendi if it was kosher. She said no, it wasn't, but don't tell Dan, that she always lied to him about food being kosher, and that she thought it was hilarious that he'd eat it.

Looks like she started that lie at the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher