GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering what became of HA and DA's luggage. Wouldn't it have already made into the cargo area of the plane? If not, I guess HA could have swung by the customer service counter to try to retrieve the luggage before it was loaded onto the plane. If it was already loaded onto the plane, the next stop would be Dubai, where they could off-load it and put it on a plane back to Miami.

Then, damned if the airline wouldn't send it to HA and DA's home, so as not to inconvenience the Adelsons by forcing [HA] to make another trip to the airport. (This part kills me, if it happened!)
[This is the best I have folks, it's getting late for me!]
Maybe they just had carry ons.

Not able to contribute any "oh-wow-info" today. But have questions:
IE: Did HA & DA take an Uber to airport and leave keys in an envelope at home with instructions on what to do with their belongings? It would be silly to park vehicle (that no doubt had a tracker on it by now, right?)
How much cash, if any was in their possession?
Who was the first person (besides a defense atty for DA) did HA call?
Did HA set up any crypto accounts thereby exempting the need for lots of cash?
Could DA & HA have exited the plane in Dubai? ie Jump off the plane? (also a non extradition treaty country, coincidentally)
Did HA & DA mail items (I'm thinking they did) to a foreign locale in anticipation of their departure?
And of course realizing GC is working her way up the conspiracy chain...and thinking "the weakest links" (the ones who could benefit from reduced sentences) would be the first to prosecute and roll-over on their financial benefactors? IE: You never start with the CEO, (SBF?)
There are so many different ways to leave a state surrounded by 1350 miles of coastline, geez lahweez. (Remember the man who escaped a country by hiding in a piano crate?)
Anyway...this is a tragedy that still has a lot of road ahead."

I am with you on these questions -

Maybe WA gave them a ride to the airport. Wouldn't that be something? Was there a big "I'm never going to see you again" hugfest with Wendi and the boys.

I'm sure there was a plane change in Dubai. Probably with a significant layover. If the Adelson's didn't board their second flight, they probably had a 4-6 hour head start on authorities.

And yes, yes, yes - There is a ferry over to Bimini Bahamas where they could have easily boarded a plane.

And my question - At least two people at the airport had to look at passports, the fron desk agent and the TSA agent. I wonder if either of them recognized their names?

So is there suggestion that the cocktail party was fabricated and didn't exist?
I’ve always been skeptical about the stock the bar party, but I will admit that I can get sucked into weird conspiracy stuff when I know better not to do so. So if someone will just show me the dang invite and I can see it with my own eyeballs - I will believe that it really was a planned event and I’ll shut up about it once and for all. Rashbaum waving a paper around in court while referencing it was not convincing enough for me.

There’s been so many weird quinky-dinks that make you go hmmm in this case - like the owl shirt Wendi was wearing the day of the murder, and LR posting a photo of an owl that same day on IG . Just weird, but probably just a coincidence.

I'm wondering what became of HA and DA's luggage. Wouldn't it have already made into the cargo area of the plane? If not, I guess HA could have swung by the customer service counter to try to retrieve the luggage before it was loaded onto the plane. If it was already loaded onto the plane, the next stop would be Dubai, where they could off-load it and put it on a plane back to Miami.

Then, damned if the airline wouldn't send it to HA and DA's home, so as not to inconvenience the Adelsons by forcing [HA] to make another trip to the airport. (This part kills me, if it happened!)
I’ve been wondering about the luggage also! My nosey butt wants to know what was in it!

I am with you on these questions -

Maybe WA gave them a ride to the airport. Wouldn't that be something? Was there a big "I'm never going to see you again" hugfest with Wendi and the boys.

I'm sure there was a plane change in Dubai. Probably with a significant layover. If the Adelson's didn't board their second flight, they probably had a 4-6 hour head start on authorities.

And yes, yes, yes - There is a ferry over to Bimini Bahamas where they could have easily boarded a plane.

And my question - At least two people at the airport had to look at passports, the fron desk agent and the TSA agent. I wonder if either of them recognized their names?
Probably Uber. They wouldn’t have wanted to drive and leave a car there. If you don’t check luggage and you get electronic boarding passes, you can go right to the security line and bypass the front desk. That’s why I think they took only carry on. Especially with the layover, you can never be sure your luggage will make it to the second plane. TSA would’ve flagged their passports, but they were probably told to let them get to the jetway.

ETA- I think you need a passport for Bimini, which would have alerted the authorities at the port if they were told to watch for these people fleeing. They obviously had people watching at the airport, they probably were monitoring all ways to leave.

Last edited:
What do they call that? The Dunning-Kruger effect? You don’t know what you don’t know.

But, one of these alleged co conspirators was a lawyer!

ETA - a lot of the time people looking to hire someone to kill someone end up hiring an undercover cop, because the person they approach to see if they “know someone” goes straight to the police. (The opposite of what Katie did). There are cases where the “dead” person suddenly shows up when the person is arrested. As soon as money changes hands you’re toast. You could argue entrapment, because if the undercover cop had not participated, no crime would have been committed.
I agree. Reminds me of the Dalia Dippolito case.

I am just expressing my opinion here, because I have no links. (I do have some sausage links in the freezer, if those count.)
I have listened over the years to a bunch of podcasts about this case, and I do believe that the party was legitimately planned and did take place (or, it could have possibly been cancelled that very afternoon, in light of the "terrible tragedy" that affected a guest (WA -- major eye roll here).
I remember hearing on one of the many podcasts, that WA (or someone) had scrawled the name of the specific bourbon requested ("Bulleit" Bourbon) on the invitation -- which was a flyer-type invitation probably printed on 8-1/2 by 11 in. bond/printer paper. [Don't know for sure.]

Seems like LE would get the luggage offloaded before the plane took off. There may be evidence in the luggage. I doubt that it was up to Harvey to retrieve it. And yes, it can be sent back if it stayed on the plane. When we went to London, my daughter's suitcase was delayed by a day because it was so heavy. We had started to buy her a new wardrobe, as we thought it was permanently lost. I'm interested in what happens to any assets they may have pre-forwarded on to Vietnam.

Last edited:
How would presence of the police interfered with that performance??
I believe that the street was closed off by crime scene tape. At least I thought that is what WA reported (to someone, or during her interview/interrogation). Don't know for sure, though. There was some discussion of the need for her to turn around and to do so she had to execute a "K" Turn (sounds like she is confusing driving with skiing).

It was a real party but IDK the hosts name.
She was a mortician @floridafreshsqueez
She was interviewed by Isom and that was - at one stage - on MentourLawyer's channel but I don't think it's there at the moment. ( He removes stuff from public access occasionally )
I know that Judy AA Legal Focus has previously commented that the mortician had lied to Isom on something but IDK whether it was a little fib or a big whopper

It was a real party but IDK the hosts name.
She was a mortician @floridafreshsqueez
She was interviewed by Isom and that was - at one stage - on MentourLawyer's channel but I don't think it's there at the moment. ( He removes stuff from public access occasionally )
I know that Judy AA Legal Focus has previously commented that the mortician had lied to Isom on something but IDK whether it was a little fib or a big whopper
That tracks.

And another thing that bugs me, and I have mentioned it before in a post (probably the previous thread) -- where the heck was DA's face? She had not one stitch of makeup on in her mug glamor shot.
Whose got time for make up when your son was just convicted of murder and you need to run from the law quick before they come and get YOU! Lol

It’s a long flight, maybe she planned to just sleep.
I was thinking maybe she figured that she would be less-recognizable without her "face" on. (Possibly)

But the sleeping thing is a very good reason for her to have a clean face. However, there is her vanity -- I don't think she would leave the house without her makeup intact and plastered over her face.

I haven’t really seen a lot of photos of Donna so I don’t know if she’s one of those ladies who always wears a lot of make up. I honestly didn’t think she looked that bad in her mug shot. Well …except the profile view. Her EARS! I actually studied the photo for a minute in complete fascination. I think she’s had a face lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141