GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my confusing statement - I meant was WA actually at her own house on Aqua Ridge the entire morning of the murder ? We know her phone was there @ 12:30 but where was she after Geek Squad left @ 10 ? The statement she didn't have time for a shower bothers me.
They can put her phone at a tower to see where she was, but I guess if she wasn’t calling anyone between 10 and 12:30 theoretically it wouldn’t ping. It pings at 12:30 near her house, and then it pings later near the liquor store. They do have her phone records, they probably know if she made any calls after 10 and where she made them from. And she gave them the computer which had time stamps for what she was working on that morning. She was quick to volunteer that.

They can put her phone at a tower to see where she was, but I guess if she wasn’t calling anyone between 10 and 12:30 theoretically it wouldn’t ping. It pings at 12:30 near her house, and then it pings later near the liquor store. They do have her phone records, they probably know if she made any calls after 10 and where she made them from. And she gave them the computer which had time stamps for what she was working on that morning. She was quick to volunteer that.

WA is clever as a fox and certainly understands that if she leaves her cell at home, no one is the wiser. I would not be surprised if someone told me she was in contact with Sig & LR either in person or via a burner. Or doing some recon on DM that morning. But I am one of those who think WA was aware of the entire plot.

WA is clever as a fox and certainly understands that if she leaves her cell at home, no one is the wiser. I would not be surprised if someone told me she was in contact with Sig & LR either in person or via a burner. Or doing some recon on DM that morning. But I am one of those who think WA was aware of the entire plot.
Makes sense. But I don’t think she drove by the scene twice that day. She may have gone somewhere else, though. There is a gap in time after the TV guy leaves. Who knows?

Last edited:
The inconsistencies also seem to correlate with the crying episodes, I think. I will have to go back and check. But the crying appears abruptly at certain times. I think they may have been suspicious of her when they picked her up, which may account for the manner in which they picked her up. I realize the wife is always the first suspect, but I think they may also have known how contentious the divorce was in this case. Dan’s lawyer said he was called by someone he knew at the police right after it happened. Everything police do is for a reason. They picked her up in a way that left her taken by surprise and unable to get away, and they did it just as soon as they were able to locate her. They didn’t call her in like they sometimes do.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the cop at the crime scene that saw WA make a quick turn around already knew what car she drove and was on the look out for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the cop at the crime scene that saw WA make a quick turn around already knew what car she drove and was on the look out for it.
Yep. And then they somehow tracked it to the restaurant. (I think Isom said they got that info from the phone, but they also had already seen her on Trescott). But the fact that they seem to have been specifically monitoring to see if she drove by the scene is telling (in my opinion of course).

Yep. And then they somehow tracked it to the restaurant. (I think Isom said they got that info from the phone, but they also had already seen her on Trescott). But the fact that they seem to have been specifically monitoring to see if she drove by the scene is telling (in my opinion of course).
So early in the plot to murder DM that LE was already watching out for WA. Maybe after all the culprits are convicted someone will write a book or make a video and fill us in on all LE suspected from even before the murder......

Yeah that's what I was thinking and confuses me. The TV repair and all the jokes about CA hiring a hitman etc It's made things worse for them.
It's a lame attempt at a coverup. I wanted to hire a hitman, but I didn't, I bought a TV instead. Except that in reality... he did both. Bought the TV and a hitman.

It's a lame attempt at a coverup. I wanted to hire a hitman, but I didn't, I bought a TV instead. Except that in reality... he did both. Bought the TV and a hitman.
If, hypothetically, the TV, and the joke, are your code for a murder, it might be best not to mention it at all. The joke anyway. And yet the testimony is that she told the TV repairman and LaCasse that Charlie told this joke, and then told the police about the joke as well. They would never have found out that Charlie made this joke otherwise.

right, but no crime had been committed yet and they still were on top of WA immediately after DM was shot
Maybe I misunderstand you. I am talking about them looking out for her car AFTER the murder had been committed. They did bring her in pretty quickly after, but there is no evidence they suspected her of anything BEFORE Dan was shot. Once the shooting happened, they were on the lookout for her. They might have suspected her at that point, but there’s no evidence they suspected her of a crime BEFORE Dan was shot.

Maybe I misunderstand you. I am talking about them looking out for her car AFTER the murder had been committed. They did bring her in pretty quickly after, but there is no evidence they suspected her of anything BEFORE Dan was shot. Once the shooting happened, they were on the lookout for her. They might have suspected her at that point, but there’s no evidence they suspected her of a crime BEFORE Dan was shot.
I was talking about immediately after the shooting she was tagged at the scene because the officer already knew what kind of car she was driving. Anyway at the least it was quick work by LE or maybe a neighbor told them what her car looked like, i don't know

Right. The Adelsons bizarre and sadistic murder code is not the easiest to follow. I think the chronology goes "TV" > "Harvey's 70th bday present" > "TV".

Fall of 2012: Charlie buys Wendi a TV as a divorce present because it was "cheaper than hiring a hitman".

Summer of 2013: Wendi tells Lacasse that Charlie looked into all options to solve the Danny Markel problem, including having him killed. An inmate at Leon County serving time with Sigfredo said Sigfredo made a similar suggestion and that the 2013 hitmen may have just run off with the money.

March of 2014: Donna on her way back from Tally and is texting Charlie. Says she will call him once she has privacy to talk about Harvey's 70th bday present. Asks him to delete the text and then calls him from Panera Bread bathroom in Gainesville. This is 4 months before Harvey's birthday.

June 6 of 2014 (day after Sigfredo/Luis Rivera's first failed murder trip): Charlie texts Donna that he is still working on Harvey's birthday gift. Donna responds saying she knows he will come through.

June 11 - 18: Wendi's TV gets busted. Lacasse says likely with a fist or an object and extremely unlikely to be caused by 3 or 4 year old. Despite offering to purchase her a new one several times, she refused. He tries to hook up DVD on other TV so kids could watch movies, and she adamantly refused. She told Lacasse that only Best Buy could deal with it because its under warranty. Kids are then forced to watch TV for next month on distorted and shattered TV.

July 5: Harvey's 70th bday party. Paella is served. Charlie says at trial that the present was the catering and paella chef but Georgia seems to have evidence that it was Wendi who was talking to the caterer. Dan Markel is not dead yet. Need a new code.

July 6th: Wendi texts Dan from her parents condo in Miami to confirm that Dan will be in town July 13-18

July 18: Donna confirms TV appointment with Best Buy and tells Wendi to confirm with them if she can't make it. She texts Charlie (not Donna) "This is so sweet". TV guy comes and tells her its not fixable but instead of relying on repairman's professional advice she immediately calls Charlie and talks for 18 minutes about "whether she should fix it or replace it", which is nonsense.

April 19 2016: Donna is approached by fake Latin Kings about Dan Markels murder asking for 5k to help out one of the hitmen. Donna tells Charlie "This TV will cost about 5"
Thank you for this timeline. I had stepped away from this case for many years, so not as familiar with the intimate facts of this case.

Yep. Noticed that as well. It was last minute, the phone records show her calling her lunch companions after she left the house. At 12:30. Not at “around 12,” as she has testified. It was last minute and she was running late and didn’t shower. I think these facts are significant, I just can’t figure out how exactly.
I'm a broken record but . . because the plan was to drive to the house and shockingly discover the police and the murder? Hair looking lousy and being unshowered would only add to the effect. Look at the map of her route: she was going to the house on Trescott and that was not a shortcut to ABC Liquors.

I was talking about immediately after the shooting she was tagged at the scene because the officer already knew what kind of car she was driving. Anyway at the least it was quick work by LE or maybe a neighbor told them what her car looked like, i don't know
Yep. in my opinion they were suspicious of her pretty quickly, and they didn’t bring her in just to “help them”

right, but no crime had been committed yet and they still were on top of WA immediately after DM was shot
Because in a divorce/custody battle it's usually the spouse, and criminals often revisit the scene of their crime. Scott Peterson did. He drove back to the bay after dumping Laci's body.

Because in a divorce/custody battle it's usually the spouse, and criminals often revisit the scene of their crime. Scott Peterson did. He drove back to the bay after dumping Laci's body.
They seem to have found out about the custody/divorce issues fairly quickly after the murder. True, they may have suspected her just because she is the ex, but I think there was more they found out. JMO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M