GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi SLICK762, nice to see you here! I think the "lie" lies in the WhatsApp questioning. IMO WA committed perjury on that point. From my memory, it was quickly brushed aside, after GC warned WA the prosecution had recordings/records, DR objected, judge ordered a sidebar and then never addressed again. (Just my memory of how it happened, Hmmmm)
That seems like a smart move by the state. Make one mention during the trial to get the lie on record then move on and keep her talking. If the state hammers her on it, she'll quit talking and start giving one word answers.

and fantastic food!
I'd rather be on the lam in Nam than rot in Lowell, especially if I'm already a Mafiosa. Water off a duck's back
I hear Saigon is quite nice. Lots of expats. Donna and Harvey would have been just fine in Hanoi. If they had to flee, they could go to Cambodia or take a boat to Brunei.

All that is dashed now, though. No banh mi, pho or banh xeo for Donna and Harvey!

That seems like a smart move by the state. Make one mention during the trial to get the lie on record then move on and keep her talking. If the state hammers her on it, she'll quit talking and start giving one word answers.
This.
I believe it happened in separate instances, over and over again, during that very carefully scripted examination by the state. I think MR was avoiding drilling WA as well, he virtually passed on cross exam.
I think WA is perceiving for these past 18 hours that she is much more thoroughly implicated than has come out in the immediate past trials. She is dreading what is due to be exposed during DA's trial. And so is HA...

MOO of course

I hear Saigon is quite nice. Lots of expats. Donna and Harvey would have been just fine in Hanoi. If they had to flee, they could go to Cambodia or take a boat to Brunei.

All that is dashed now, though. No banh mi, pho or banh xeo for Donna and Harvey!
should we send her a photo of a menu?

She should be in Leon jail in about 4 days ( I hope they use that bus that takes many hours to travel collecting convicts at every stop)

In spite of the fact that WA changed her phone out at one stage, I believe we are going to find out that she has been under LE's surveillance and wiretap for a very long time and that the prosecution to date has only used records of her conversations that served the purpose of indicting and convicting CA and has not used even a fraction of the total recordings....Another round of those will be exposed should DA go to trial. Including exchanges that occurred after CA was arrested. Nominally that would still leave conversations unexposed that would potentially incriminate WA including those with with a portion of WA's friends and possibly even boyfriends. I would assume she has spoken to some of her legal peers without a retainer or otherwise agreement in place....

I foresee a couple of potential outcomes: DA will review discovery, find that state evidence in her trial is inculpatory to WA and seek some plea deal by which WA is not brought to trial or possibly arrested on lesser charges. That would require a considerable change in DA's personal headspace so I think its less likely.
Or DA will be her privileged, untouchable self, and a second round of evidence that implicates WA will come out at DA's trial and informs WA that there is a whole lot of information not yet publicized and that evidence will not be covered by WA's immunity agreement and will leave her and possibly HA considerably exposed.
Then we will find out where WA intends to escape to, and how she intends to benefit from the family funds, prior to any verdict in DA's trial. How the sons fit into these scenarios, I have no idea....But the Markel's should stay tuned maybe?

MOO and purely speculative.
I’m pretty sure that during the first trial in 2019 FBI agent Sanford testified that they only sought and received a warrant to wire tap the phones of 2 people — Charlie and Katie. My impression was that he gave this testimony so the jury would not be wondering why they were not hearing wiretaps of Donna’s phone and Wendi’s phone. So if there were any wiretaps of Donna it would have had to have been after the first trial and at that point everyone would have been alerted to that possibility. Then again, we do have the jail house calls referred to in Donna’s probable cause affidavit.

Plus @clearskies1 as Sandford was at the airport- ready with his signed warrant detailing the travel plans - doesn't that suggest that DA/HA phones have been tapped on the outside?

If that's right, they might also have been surveilling Donna in the last few weeks/months. What happens if they caught some of Donna's farewells with Wendi? ( Also, I hope that this time they didn't use those bad outdoor recording devices)

Plus @clearskies1 as Sandford was at the airport- ready with his signed warrant detailing the travel plans - doesn't that suggest that DA/HA phones have been tapped on the outside?

If that's right, they might also have been surveilling Donna in the last few weeks/months. What happens if they caught some of Donna's farewells with Wendi? ( Also, I hope that this time they didn't use those bad outdoor recording devices)
I think they had eyes on Donna and they heard the jail house calls because that’s monitored, but I don’t know about a recent wire tap — could be. Not sure how LE knew that someone purchased a plane ticket to Vietnam for Nov 13. Someone else might know that…

Last edited:
I was just thinking. Obviously Donna knows that the jail calls are recorded. And Charlie certainly knows. I just think this goes to her state of mind. She's desperate and she just doesn't give an F anymore. I don't think she cared that they were listening to her plans. I'm guessing she was sort of thinking out loud her options and might have been leaning towards death. I guess we won't know until the calls are released though.

wild guess

Donna's worried that shoe might fall?
That's why she's risked being recorded while telling him they have no available money & suicide hints

anything's possible with Donna the Domestic-murder Coordinator.

anyway, at least we now know why True Lifestyles hasn't been able to get his phone calls over the last 12 months ( They're not being released, while the early ones were)
Donna the Domestic Murder Coordinator

Donna had ALREADY sent most of her money to overseas accounts the US would never be able to touch. I happen to know multiple people who have vacationed in very recent years in the Vietnam area, and it's NOT like Vietnam War-Viet Cong - it'd be a total RESORT SPA for Donna - her same hair care & hair dye products..... plenty of botox.... servants.... VERY low cost of living... Donna would have had a fine time...
Yes they would have found a lavish lifestyle and enjoyed it in the knowledge no one can get at them. Money would last a long time.

At 9:56 of this video
GC: Did you have any secret meetings with your brother post bump that happened in South Florida?
WA: No.
GC: You were asked about JL and the way your relationship ended. What is OK Cupid?
WA: Ok Cupid is a dating website.
GC: Were you on that dating website?
WA: I was.
GC: Were you on that dating website at the time you were dating Mr. L?
WA: No I wasn't.
GC: And you were speaking..So I guess... you weren't on it and you weren't speaking to multiple men from the website during the time you were dating Mr. L, and I'll remind you that you provided your phone in this case and it was Cell Brighted (sp) ...downloaded.
DR: Objection your Honor. Argumentative.
AND MY POINT(and yes I have one!)...is it possible WA and CA figured out another way to pass messages..ie, WA and CA were communicating through OK Cupid system??? Maybe they got tired of code words and who would ever expect brother and sister to communicate through a dating website? Diabolically clever, huh?

Last edited:
In GC they have a formidable pho.
Call me a pho snob but I won’t eat anywhere without a # in the restaurant name. Typically it represents the year the owner immigrated from Vietnam to the US, or a lucky combination of numbers.

So does GC’s pho go by date of incarceration, cell block # or years left in the cook’s sentence? :p

In spite of the fact that WA changed her phone out at one stage, I believe we are going to find out that she has been under LE's surveillance and wiretap for a very long time and that the prosecution to date has only used records of her conversations that served the purpose of indicting and convicting CA and has not used even a fraction of the total recordings....Another round of those will be exposed should DA go to trial. Including exchanges that occurred after CA was arrested. Nominally that would still leave conversations unexposed that would potentially incriminate WA including those with with a portion of WA's friends and possibly even boyfriends. I would assume she has spoken to some of her legal peers without a retainer or otherwise agreement in place....
Yes, "innocent Wendi" told Jeff Lacasse that she got a new phone 4 days after the murder because she thought that LE had installed a bug. Det. Isom and Lacasse both laughed at the prospect, because its not the cold war anymore and LE does not need to plant a physical "bug" on a handset. But this is more evidence of consciousness of Wendi's guilt.

Rashbaum made a big deal about "why would Wendi tell you about Charlie seriously trying to hire the hitman the day before she broke up with you?" and its probably a good question. It assumes that Wendi is a rational person and not a complete emotional disaster. Or, as Lacasse and his therapist suggest - a sociopath. But Wendi's treatment of Lacasse after the murder seem to be a cover-up....

- she tells all their mutual friends that police are seriously investigating Jeff for this as a crime of passion
- she tells Jeff that she tried to "protect him" from LE and that they wanted his address and she didn't want to give it to them.
- she tells Jeff that she was instructed by LE to not have any contact with him because he was a suspect. (Isom says that never happened because LE would WANT a suspect to be talking)
- she tells Jeff that LE will likely never solve the murder because Danny had so many enemies. (She told LE the week before that he had no enemies or vices. She also told Rob Adelson the same thing - that Dan had endless enemies).
- she was extremely upset at Jeff because he attended Markel's funeral
- she tries to convince Jeff that she loved Tallahassee and never wanted to move. He found this deeply disturbing as it was the complete opposite of their daily conversations for months leading up to murder
- a week after the murder, she had zero sympathy or empathy for Dan Markel. She was still full of complete rage and hatred towards him.
- She told Jeff "50 times" that she had nothing to do with the murder. )She knew he would suspect her or her family because he'd spent the last 6 months listening to how much she hated him. Wanted Lacasse on her side.)
- she said the boys were adjusting really well. They having some issues like wetting the bed and stuff but it" had nothing to do with Danny's murder" - odd

---
One thing is sure - the Adelsons picked the wrong patsy. Lacasse will make an excellent witness in all the upcoming trials.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member