GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She needed an alibi so she could explain to LE where she was and what she was doing at the time of DM's murder. She was well aware that, being the ex-wife/mother of his childs, she was going to be warned by LE about the incident and then questioned, at least to eliminate her from potentiel suspects list. I guess it is easier to provide proof you were home if you have some verifiable appointment, as opposed to just saying "that you were home alone taking a bath" with no one to corroborate.
What is strange about this as an alibi is that there actually were a couple of hours after the TV guy left that she was home by herself. She volunteered her computer at the police station so they could look at the time stamps for her work that morning.

Lacasse was told the joke.
Was he told the joke, or was he just told that Charlie actually looked into it?

Either way, nobody would have found out if she hadn’t told him.

She told people the joke. It looks like she told the cops to cover for the fact that she had told people. But she didn’t have to tell anyone in the first place. What is going on here?

Was he told the joke, or was he just told that Charlie actually looked into it?

Either way, nobody would have found out if she hadn’t told him.

She told people the joke. It looks like she told the cops to cover for the fact that she had told people. But she didn’t have to tell anyone in the first place. What is going on here?
Lacasse said she told him the joke and also told him in seriousness that Charlie looked into hiring a hitman. Lacasse on the witness stand: "Wendi has a history of blurting out things that aren't in her self-interest" (or words to that effect).

What do they call that? The Dunning-Kruger effect? You don’t know what you don’t know.

But, one of these alleged co conspirators was a lawyer!
What do they call that? The Dunning-Kruger effect? You don’t know what you don’t know.

But, one of these alleged co conspirators was a lawyer!

ETA - a lot of the time people looking to hire someone to kill someone end up hiring an undercover cop, because the person they approach to see if they “know someone” goes straight to the police. (The opposite of what Katie did). There are cases where the “dead” person suddenly shows up when the person is arrested. As soon as money changes hands you’re toast. You could argue entrapment, because if the undercover cop had not participated, no crime would have been committed
RSBM -

This may be true in other parts of Florida, but only 5-6% of the population in Tally identifies at Catholic.

Population In Tallahassee, Florida (Community Demographics) (dwellics.com)
Tally & Leon County are unique in North Florida due to the seat of the State Government and the University/college presence. FSU is very large. FAMU is a very large. Tallahassee Community College is a large CC. It has a bigger student body that the University (Ole Miss, an SEC school) when I was there years ago. So, right in Tally is a very diverse population…part of the time…lots of ins/outs transient residents.

Tally city covers a lot of area in Leon. But, just right out of the city proper you get rural, like the majority of North Florida, really quick. You’ll see Evangelical churches all over, all the more traditional and non-demoninational evangelical.

Add into that and a lot of permanent Tally career people migrated to developments in nearby counties that are very close commutes.

Any local prosecutor office has to know their jurisdiction. It can affect the decisions they make. They have to get elected (the boss). Meggs won 8 terms (32 years).

Also Demonstrates that DA had no clue about Tally when she thought pretending to convert Dan’s sons to Catholic would make them “fit in”. She would have needed to start taking them to an evangelical church. JMO

Lacasse said she told him the joke and also told him in seriousness that Charlie looked into hiring a hitman. Lacasse on the witness stand: "Wendi has a history of blurting out things that aren't in her self-interest" (or words to that effect).
Or are they….
Tally & Leon County are unique in North Florida due to the seat of the State Government and the University/college presence. FSU is very large. FAMU is a very large. Tallahassee Community College is a large CC. It has a bigger student body that the University (Ole Miss, an SEC school) when I was there years ago. So, right in Tally is a very diverse population…part of the time…lots of ins/outs transient residents.

Tally city covers a lot of area in Leon. But, just right out of the city proper you get rural, like the majority of North Florida, really quick. You’ll see Evangelical churches all over, all the more traditional and non-demoninational evangelical.

Add into that and a lot of permanent Tally career people migrated to developments in nearby counties that are very close commutes.

Any local prosecutor office has to know their jurisdiction. It can affect the decisions they make. They have to get elected (the boss). Meggs won 8 terms (32 years).

Also Demonstrates that DA had no clue about Tally when she thought pretending to convert Dan’s sons to Catholic would make them “fit in”. She would have needed to start taking them to an evangelical church. JMO
Yes. I don’t think Donna understood that at all.

People are not overwhelmingly Catholic in Tallahassee, it’s more like Alabama. Otherwise I’m with you.
Oh my gosh. I am here in Alabama now for past five years (a transplant from Northern Virginia), and we have churches galore. Maybe one Catholic church every 50 miles or so. (I was raised Catholic, but no longer practice the religion.)

Oh my gosh. I am here in Alabama now for past five years (a transplant from Northern Virginia), and we have churches galore. Maybe one Catholic church every 50 miles or so. (I was raised Catholic, but no longer practice the religion.)
Aren’t there more Protestant ones, though? It’s not Boston.

Has Wendi been caught out in a lie? I'm a bit confused as to where the police put the tape, was it just near Dan's house or was it at the beginning of Trescott Dr? I think WA said she went to turn right onto Trescott off Centerville Rd, but saw it was taped off so did a K turn and went back on Centreville Rd. But Dan's house is quite far down Trescott, round a corner and can't be seen at the start of Trescott. She would have had to travel at least a mile down the road, go round the corner and then she'd see his house, the tape, the police etc and the police saw her. But she's saying that didn't happen?
I think it was blocking the road so that Trescott Dr could not be entered from the road that she was traveling. There was a patrol vehicle, in addition to the crime scene tape blocking entrance to Trescott Dr.

I think it was blocking the road so that Trescott Dr could not be entered from the road that she was traveling. There was a patrol vehicle, in addition to the crime scene tape blocking entrance to Trescott Dr.
The tape was not blocking the entrance to Trescott. You could drive down Trescott And drive quite a ways before you came to the tape. By the time you came to the tape, you were right in front of the house. That was the testimony.

I was under the impression that Trescott Drive was only blocked a couple houses down from Dan's on either side and not at the intersection of Centerville and Trescott. That would make sense as why would police block the entire road preventing residents from getting home.

The bigger laugh is WA taking Trescott as a short cut to the liquor store with the easiest route being to continue on Centerville and take a right on Betton which goes directly to ABC Liquors. Trescott has speed bumps and a lower speed limit as well. There is zero doubt in my mind she was headed to the crime scene to see if the job was done.

My interest going forward is hoping that some journalist does a deep dive into DA's upbringing. I suspect the estrangement of her oldest son multiplied her intense need to control her youngest daughter (who seened ok with that by all accounts)

But there had to be some other factor in her early upbringing that I am missing. Big into physchology.
I was curious about her upbringing as well.

Was there any discussion of DA's upbringing in the book, "Extreme Punishment: The Chilling True Story of Acclaimed Law Professor Dan Markel's Murder," by Stephen B. Epstein? I think @amicuscurie has read that book, if I am not mistaken.

Aren’t there more Protestant ones, though? It’s not Boston.
I wasn't saying that we have a lot of Catholic churches here in Alabama. Just many churches, ooodles of them. Different names like Evangelical, Bible Baptist Church, Church of God, Grace Church -- I don't know what any of their doctrines are but there is no shortage of all kinds of churches here. Just very, very few Catholic churches from what I have seen.

So true! I live further west in the panhandle and earned my Bachelor of Science from FSU years ago. It’s a totally different world up here than S Fla. - COMPLETELY different world! Lots of farm land and rural areas once you leave the city I live in. Definitely the Bible Belt can be felt here. Lots of sidewalk preachers yelling on the street corners (I am assuming mostly of the Baptist faith - Southern Baptist is huge around here. Fire and brimstone Baptist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141