GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her first appearance is likely to be very similar to the one in Miami. It’ll be a couple minutes long formality. There’s no CourtTV - it’s gonna be on Zoom/she will appear from the jail via video. I’m surprised CourtTV did a whole show on the Adelsons, what is there to cover? Charlie’s last bowel movement before his arrest? Lol.

Anyway, after tomorrow the next we’ll see Donna will be some kind of pre-trial status conference to figure out when this will go to trial. The most interesting thing will be the identity of her defense atty!

JMO

Ha ha! Great response.

Court TV’s prime time show “Closing Arguments” is two hours long. The Donna portion of the show was in the second half and only two segments of that. Regular viewers will know that is not much time as C-TV is shamefully laden with advertisements, strangely with advertising tilted toward C-TV itself. (Surely the best adverts for a show you are already watching is the content itself—why the heck do they waste time on annoying promos of past cases or future content you already watched or want to view???)

C-TV reported on DA’s first appearance before a judge, showing video that was not their own. This was the first time I was exposed to a YouTube channel with the name Law belle vie, as C-TV had to acknowledge the source of the video.

Relatively new to this case, I knew nothing about LBV, but I immediately admired the YouTuber who first posted the appearance of DA before whacked out “sweetie” Judge Glazer (sp?) for the clever bi-lingual pun in the name of the the channel title.

Anyone can access the Florida open court proceedings. I thought that C-TV might actually do this on their own this time, as they have made the DM case one of their current signature cases.

The fact that it is an openly available proceeding doesn’t stop C-TV from broadcasting it either live or broadcasting it soon after the fact. And C-TV made it clear that it will be via zoom (as per Tim Jensen).

Court-TV will certainly cover it, even if they have to acknowledge someone else for curating thr Zoom. If they must credit someone else’s Zoom capture that doesn’t change that fact of their second-hand reporting. It only adds heft to a conclusion that C-TV no longer has the staff or other resources to cover these things on their own.

If Donna is arraigned tomorrow there will be many ways to observe the proceedings. If you are like me and find many of the off-beat YouTubers rather annoying, I’m sure you can view the arraignment on C-TV.

Ha ha! Great response.

Court TV’s prime time show “Closing Arguments” is two hours long. The Donna portion of the show was in the second half and only two segments of that. Regular viewers will know that is not much time as C-TV is shamefully laden with advertisements, strangely with advertising tilted toward C-TV itself. (Surely the best adverts for a show you are already watching is the content itself—why the heck do they waste time on annoying promos of past cases or future content you already watched or want to view???)

C-TV reported on DA’s first appearance before a judge, showing video that was not their own. This was the first time I was exposed to a YouTube channel with the name Law belle vie, as C-TV had to acknowledge the source of the video.

Relatively new to this case, I knew nothing about LBV, but I immediately admired the YouTuber who first posted the appearance of DA before whacked out “sweetie” Judge Glazer (sp?) for the clever bi-lingual pun in the name of the the channel title.

Anyone can access the Florida open court proceedings. I thought that C-TV might actually do this on their own this time, as they have made the DM case one of their current signature cases.

The fact that it is an openly available proceeding doesn’t stop C-TV from broadcasting it either live or broadcasting it soon after the fact. And C-TV made it clear that it will be via zoom (as per Tim Jensen).

Court-TV will certainly cover it, even if they have to acknowledge someone else for curating thr Zoom. If they must credit someone else’s Zoom capture that doesn’t change that fact of their second-hand reporting. It only adds heft to a conclusion that C-TV no longer has the staff or other resources to cover these things on their own.

If Donna is arraigned tomorrow there will be many ways to observe the proceedings. If you are like me and find many of the off-beat YouTubers rather annoying, I’m sure you can view the arraignment on C-TV.
11 AM tomorrow…yes Law Belle Vie should hav gotten more accolades than she did for posting that video.

Court TV tonight just had two segments on the DM murder case. There was nothing tremendously important, but there were a handful of things at least worth mentioning.

Tim Jansen was the first guest and he told Michael Ayala (substituting for Vinnie Politan):

—Donna will get a new booking photo in Tallahassee [more to mock!];

—Charlie’s last meal before being arrested was at McDonald’s;

—If Donna arrives early enough tonight for an arraignment tomorrow, she will appear before Judge Jones via video;

—After LE heard Donna tell Charlie that she contemplated flight from the jurisdiction, she was put on 24-hour surveillance;

—“She [DA] was clearly the impetus, she got her son to do it”;

—The “consciousness of guilt evidence” [her attempted flight from the jurisdiction] will be very strong evidence in her trial.

There was less of interest in the following segment, but there were a few moments I’ll mention:

Commenting lawyer Darnell Crosland was astonished by Wendy’s attempt to flee the jurisdiction at such a late juncture in the proceedings and stated (the obvious) that she should have left far earlier and with a “two-way” ticket. (I assume he meant “round-trip” ticket; or a “return ticket” for our British and Commonwealth friends.)

Another commenting lawyer, Al Wunsch, III also stated the obvious with his nonetheless amusing point: speaking in code is a bad idea when you leave a paper trail (referring to the KM checks).

Host Michael Ayala evaluated the three completed trials by saying “it has been a masterful prosecution.”

Surprisingly, no one told us to tune in to Court TV for the arraignment tomorrow. I can only assume the probable 11am time is EST. Is Tally in the Eastern Time Zone? I’m actually embarrassed to have to ask, and too tired to look it up.
Crazy that she told Charlie she was either offing herself or fleeing. She would have made it if she didn’t talk. You have to wonder why She did….they say it could have taken years to get her back tot he states. Do you think she just can’t leave her kids and sort of knew they would catch her?

If Donna has any brain cells she knows it's hopeless. I think the State believes that she basically put the wheels in motion for Dan to be murdered and I think the State wants her behind bars for life. In terms of a plea deal, Donna has no cards to play -- unless she flips on WA or HA, and that's not going to happen. Don't know what the lawyer she chooses will tell her, but Donna isn't stupid and should know it's over. JMO.

Similar thoughts to this. The only plea deal requires a flip. I’m curious if the A’s make a call as to who takes the worst hit.

Crazy that she told Charlie she was either offing herself or fleeing. She would have made it if she didn’t talk. You have to wonder why She did….they say it could have taken years to get her back tot he states. Do you think she just can’t leave her kids and sort of knew they would catch her?
Yes crazy, hard to fathom

But, the most convincing answer I heard ( can't recall which guests/shows) was that the stress makes people blab. Even though inmates & family members know calls are recorded, apparently it's quite common for people to let slip incriminating details.

Yeah, which is why I asked whether there was anything to gain by DA pleading guilty. Various legal experts have pretty much given DA no chance of winning, would there be a plea deal available to her? Is her legal team going to be straight with her i.e telling her what her chances of winning actually are? CA seemed convinced he was going home, where did he get that idea from? His lawyers?
Right. There is nothing in it for DA to take a plea cause even the lesser charges would have her serve an effective life term at her age. And there’s nothing in it for the State to accept a conditional plea that protects the other conspirators.

Saigon Sue is not getting a bond either. A trial is DA’s only chance at freedom. Given that she already knows 95 percent of the evidence against her, she might choose a speedy trial, choose not to participate in discovery and try to surprise the state at trial by pulling some new rabbits out of their hats. On the other hand, she may want to just delay the trial process entirely to stall any future prosecutions of HA and WA - amd ironically try to love out her final days in Tallahassee. I hope Wendi and Harvey kept their Tally realtors contact info. Lol

Last edited:
There’s a recent interview a reporter did with Jack Campbell after Donna’s arrest, and the reporter asked him if there might be a possible plea deal in Donna’s case and he said something to the effect that it likely not a possibility.
I still have that link in my history, so may as well post it in case others want to see it.

He also says, towards the end, wtte of : I don't expect Charlie to start to co-operate with the State now, but if he wants to, my door is wide open.

With the self-claimed Deal-Maker Charlie now unable to chew anything over with Mommy, it will give him something to think about as he whiles away his lonely hours through to sentencing and give Wendi something to worry about too.

BTW, I saw that FanciF said that Wendi had been with Harvey after the Donna arrest, according to two sources she has & I see no reason to doubt her info on that. I guess that Harvey will also be the only Adelson who calls Charlie, going forward.

Last edited:
I thought she said “bye John,” and maybe it was her husband. I love the way she says “I have suggested Jeff LaCasse,” like it’s official.
Yes it's dreadful. Also the way she texts people about the case, from inside the interview room.
By the next day, according to Demko, they were busy flinging around the name of Amy Adler's ex husband as a suspect too
( Also thought it was off to swig from a can of booze inside a police station!)

Similar thoughts to this. The only plea deal requires a flip. I’m curious if the A’s make a call as to who takes the worst hit.
DA is old and frail, has health issues and needs a number of meds which might not be provided by the prison system. She is going to struggle. So I think HA and CA will do what they can to minimise her jail time. The State is in a really good position, they kind of have the family by the balls and I think if they're cute, they can get all 4. But I'm sure someone will want to make a deal.

If Donna has any brain cells she knows it's hopeless. I think the State believes that she basically put the wheels in motion for Dan to be murdered and I think the State wants her behind bars for life. In terms of a plea deal, Donna has no cards to play -- unless she flips on WA or HA, and that's not going to happen. Don't know what the lawyer she chooses will tell her, but Donna isn't stupid and should know it's over. JMO.
IF those comments about suicide on her jail calls were sincere and well thought through then maybe she'll rely on suicide as her final back-pocket card after sentencing and transfer. Stressing the ' if'

I never would've predicted that she'd blab on a jail call and then get caught at an airport after his conviction.
( If somebody had reported August 2023 that Harvey & Donna were already ensconced in a Cuban villa on an extended ' holiday' in advance of Charlie's trial that would have sounded more rational & believable)

At the moment, she gives me the vibe of somebody who'll fight like hell- regardless of her tiny chances of success

Is Donna’s health bad? I mean besides the diarrhea of course. I keep reading here that her health is not good and she is on lot of medication. How do we know this? I missed that.
Yeah I guess it's all speculation. I'd read she was 112 pounds which is tiny for her height, but looks like that was wrong. She might do fine in prison, I know she was on anti-depressants and has IBS and meds for that. So she has some health issues. I kind of think she may just lose the will to live and fade away. She'll be 7 hours drive from her husband who is in his 80s and won't want to be doing that drive every week.... and who else is going to visit her?

Yeah I guess it's all speculation. I'd read she was 112 pounds which is tiny for her height, but looks like that was wrong. She might do fine in prison, I know she was on anti-depressants and has IBS and meds for that. So she has some health issues. I kind of think she may just lose the will to live and fade away. She'll be 7 hours drive from her husband who is in his 80s and won't want to be doing that drive every week.... and who else is going to visit her?
Do you recall where you found the IBS diagnosis/treatment?

Do you recall where you found the IBS diagnosis/treatment?
No just something speculative said on another forum, she's on diarrhoea medication isn't she? TBH it's her mental health that will really suffer and that can have a toll on their physical health. I'm a pretty empathetic person and rarely enjoy schadenfreude, but I'm OK with her suffering. She and her family members have ruined so many lives.

The final destination was not Vietnam but rather the Phillipines.
Harvey requested help from the wrong "friend" and the "friend" informed the State.
Hence, the State went to arrest Donna at the airport.

Attachments

• How State Knew Travel Plan.png
    How State Knew Travel Plan.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 107
Lilith Donna tussled with FBI Agent Sanford over her i phone. The i phone is now in the hands of TPD and LE are waiting for court order for permission to get into it for potential evidence ... of Harvey and Wendi communication about money etc.

Attachments

• Donna tussled with Sanford.png
    Donna tussled with Sanford.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics